Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Try turning the tire force down to 55-65 and FFB to 100 and see how it feels
Tried the above suggested settings and overall FFB is much improved however the knock is still there. I suspect it's just a design flaw in the mech. Love the wheel and as I mentioned it's noticeably worse while driving the karts but not too bad driving the cars. Will monitor it to see if it gets any worse. If so, it's the third one to go back. Thanks for your help.

Tried the above suggested settings and overall FFB is much improved however the knock is still there. I suspect it's just a design flaw in the mech. Love the wheel and as I mentioned it's noticeably worse while driving the karts but not too bad driving the cars. Will monitor it to see if it gets any worse. If so, it's the third one to go back. Thanks for your help.

Wait.. you mean a knock while turning back and forth? like in the video below? - If so it is actually from loose internal parts. I RMA'd mine for it because it was annoying. My replacement one is very smooth, no clicking, clunking or knocking. time from reporting the issue to having your replacement is about 2-4 weeks. If you do not have a warranty there are repair instructions on the net, I think it is the bolts that hold the motor in place? not sure though.

Wait.. you mean a knock while turning back and forth? like in the video below? - If so it is actually from loose internal parts. I RMA'd mine for it because it was annoying. My replacement one is very smooth, no clicking, clunking or knocking. time from reporting the issue to having your replacement is about 2-4 weeks. If you do not have a warranty there are repair instructions on the net, I think it is the bolts that hold the motor in place? not sure though.

Yeah that's exactly it. I held off purchasing until last week hoping the new batch would've been rectified but apparently not. I'll return it to the retailer I purchased it from and they can deal with TM. So frustrating, this is the third wheel with the same issue.

I know they are the same, but which is one is more reliable? TX or T300?
I was thinking of buying the TX base (only) + 599XX wheel as I already have Fanatec pedals, but all these issues hurt my eyes (and wallet).

What is the general consensus on the situation?

My friend is thinking about buying ether the T150 RS or save some more money and buy this one instead but here's something i want to say:

The Prices for the Racing wheels over here are a joke so i'm thinking that he should buy one from Online instead but there's a fear that he might have some problems with the wheel and i don't know what to do since he live in the middle east and i don't think there's any Thrustmaster support over here...

My friend is thinking about buying ether the T150 RS or save some more money and buy this one instead but here's something i want to say:

The Prices for the Racing wheels over here are a joke so i'm thinking that he should buy one from Online instead but there's a fear that he might have some problems with the wheel and i don't know what to do since he live in the middle east and i don't think there's any Thrustmaster support over here...

If your friend can wait and save until Christmas, get Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Ferrari 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition. That alcantara wheel alone is highly regarded by ISRTV.

If your friend can wait and save until Christmas, get Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Ferrari 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition. That alcantara wheel alone is highly regarded by ISRTV.

I may Pre-Order One, If Fry's Doesn't put the T300 on sale for $199.00 Fry's Discount.jpg

But first you have to get on the Promo list http://images.frys.com/art/email/images/signuppages/fryspromocom.html?site=72premail101115
and check every day because it is never announced.

If you don't want the T3PA peddles There is also A new Online retailer called DEALS CUBE, They have The Thrustmaster T300RS for sale for $359.00 That is a $40.00 savings:tup:👍👍
https://www.dealscube.com/index.php...O6DHkN13r5K_ZHFSOkMoSngaAb-nFMiqUuxoCi-rw_wcB

Last edited:
Story so far:

Bruno that is... that is... i don't even have words to this!!

I bought mine from a seller from São Paulo, i payed R$ 2,300 for the T300 only(after some time, i bought the T500 pedals and th8a shiffter).

Lucky, i have the wheel for almost one year and it's allright, the only thing that bugs me is the rust on the overall hardware, especially on the gas pedal(that one is acceptable beacause i play without socks or anything i where i live is pretty hot, so that's "ok". But on the Rim, the front metal part and the bolts... i don't get why it's rusty(ed?).

My first wheel was a Logitech DFGT that i bought in 2008, i really didn't had any especial treament with that wheel, i was really careless, i admit. But with the T300, that in the end costed something near R$ 4.500,00. I put their original plastic cases on with after playing(i wait until the fans stops working with the wheel connect to the PS4).

The wheel is fantastic, but thrustmaster really lacks better support and a better assembly process to those wheels.

I bought mine from a seller from São Paulo, i payed R$ 2,300 for the T300 only(after some time, i bought the T500 pedals and th8a shiffter).

Lucky, i have the wheel for almost one year and it's allright, the only thing that bugs me is the rust on the overall hardware, especially on the gas pedal(that one is acceptable beacause i play without socks or anything i where i live is pretty hot, so that's "ok". But on the Rim, the front metal part and the bolts... i don't get why it's rusty(ed?).

My first wheel was a Logitech DFGT that i bought in 2008, i really didn't had any especial treament with that wheel, i was really careless, i admit. But with the T300, that in the end costed something near R$ 4.500,00. I put their original plastic cases on with after playing(i wait until the fans stops working with the wheel connect to the PS4).

The wheel is fantastic, but thrustmaster really lacks better support and a better assembly process to those wheels.
Maybe that plastic your putting over your wheel is holding moisture in and not letting it breath, try covering with something else . It is hot and humid your area

It's only hot, humid... not at all.

But it makes sense... But there's so much dust at my current house, but in the next weeks i'll move and the plastic cover won't be needed anymore.

Yeah tell me about it...

Now it seems that this guy from São Paulo is representing TM in Brazil, he helped out some people with issues similar to mine - unfortunately, there isn't much he can do.

You live pretty close to the sea so the pedal covers will rust a little. The bolts and the wheel are made with a different grade of metal and are painted, so they won't rust that easily. If you want to check out, buy 2 pieces of metal - one from 304 stainless steel and other from 316 stainless steel and you'll see the difference in a few months.

I live by the beach in SP and I spray some Vaseline on a cloth and swipe the pedal covers after playing (I usually play once per week or 2 weeks) so they will last longer. Even in São Paulo capital (~80km from the sea) I had trouble with rust in some other stuff. I had a guitar amplifier at my GFs house (~150km from the sea) for 2 years and it's rust-free.

TM support isn't very helpful...they finally agreed to send me a new wheel base, free of any kind of charging after 3 weeks exchanging e-mail. The wheel was supposed to be here last week but let's wait for now. I was at the BGS (Brasil Game Show) and there was no interest at all on bringing TM wheels officially to Brazil since there are cheaper Logitech easily available and if you're going to spend almost R$5,000 on a set you might as well just push it to get a Fanatec. I was also told that TM is kind of hard to work with because their business are set in France, the sales are US based but the actual wheel is/was produced in Canada.

Today i played some Pcars on PS4 after i got to work and notice something. Even the wheel's USB plug have some rust, the PS4 charge cable, wich came with the console is almost two years old and hasn't a single rust sign. My homemade cockpit is made with pedal and it isn't painted, no rust sign too. Anyways...

Hope you get the right wheel base this time!

And if you play on PS4, add me on PSN. IrwingBR.

I may Pre-Order One, If Fry's Doesn't put the T300 on sale for $199.00View attachment 462763

But first you have to get on the Promo list http://images.frys.com/art/email/images/signuppages/fryspromocom.html?site=72premail101115
and check every day because it is never announced.

If you don't want the T3PA peddles There is also A new Online retailer called DEALS CUBE, They have The Thrustmaster T300RS for sale for $359.00 That is a $40.00 savings:tup:👍👍
https://www.dealscube.com/index.php...O6DHkN13r5K_ZHFSOkMoSngaAb-nFMiqUuxoCi-rw_wcB
Any clue as to how often Fry's has run that deal in the past year?

It appears to be every 4 -6 weeks, You need to sign up, get a daily promo code, and then check daily for the sale. Well worth the 1-2 minutes a day. I picked up mine for $209.00. The sale price does change.
WHOA!! That often? I've been getting Fry's emails for a long while now and have never noticed. But I rarely dig through every daily deal either. Can't believe I've never seen them.
Thanks for the heads up. On the prowl now.

@Haulin_Hebrew, if you pre-order through Amazon, they won't charge your card until it ships. So you could go ahead and pre-buy now without concern over if you find a better deal in the mean time. Of course, just make sure you always have the money in the bank at the off chance they ship it and bill you before you anticipate.

Last edited:
Any clue as to how often Fry's has run that deal in the past year?

Not sure but I've seen it three times so far this year, so it may be quarterly or a little more frequent so it could be any day now, but check it every day. (Click on Entertainment then games Icon at bottom of page to see if it is available because it is not always on the front page). This would be a good thread to open to have the whole community on watch, a $200.00 savings would be worth a thread. but any way, I normally check every day, on the T300 Promo at Fry's to save $169.00, I can put that toward a TX Servo Base but I will wait and watch until the end of Nov, then I will just order the T300 Ferrari Alcantara Bundle.

Last edited:
Today i played some Pcars on PS4 after i got to work and notice something. Even the wheel's USB plug have some rust, the PS4 charge cable, wich came with the console is almost two years old and hasn't a single rust sign. My homemade cockpit is made with pedal and it isn't painted, no rust sign too. Anyways...

Hope you get the right wheel base this time!

And if you play on PS4, add me on PSN. IrwingBR.

Thanks, will add you when I fire it up!

Unfortunately, another issue...now TM wants me to pay taxes for the new wheel base (up to $300-R$1200) because they sent me through a regular mail service ($100), when they wanted me to pay more than $400 for a courier service.
I'll just give up.

@Soulfresh_ACV do you know any source I can get t300rs rim alone? I tried what I've known but no luck..

D-Pad was really stiff after use. I fix it, then didn't work no more so I took it apart and the button popped put...

HELP PLEASE OF ANY SOURCE POSSIBLE..
1446088912443-460594452.jpg
14460889491262061465571.jpg

@Soulfresh_ACV do you know any source I can get t300rs rim alone? I tried what I've known but no luck..

D-Pad was really stiff after use. I fix it, then didn't work no more so I took it apart and the button popped put...

HELP PLEASE OF ANY SOURCE POSSIBLE..View attachment 470225 View attachment 470226

Unfortunately I don't. If cost permits why not consider getting Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition instead?

Otherwise closest thing would be Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE F458 Wheel.

I assumed you tried Thrustmaster and posting on other sites like ISR???

And the T300 "servo base" is finally released stand-alone. For the same price as the TX:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t300-racing-wheel-servo-base

edit: Thoughts: Unlike the TX base, this stand-alone base at MSRP is only good value if you don't want Thrustmaster T3PA pedals and do want the leather or alcantara rims. The stock rims effectively only cost €70 above this stand-alone price, yet buying a GTE rim separately would be €80-100.

The alcantara rim + T3PA + T300 base package is clearly the best value for money: Buying the base + rim + pedals separately would be €280+100+170=€550, as compared to €480 for the package.

Last edited:
T300 base (280 euro) + alcantara wheel (180 euro) = 460 euro.
T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition (base + wheel + pedals) = 470 euro.
So you get the T3PA pedals for... 10 euro. Sheesh... silly pricing for the T300 base only. I was hoping for a lower price.
I guess I'll buy the package and sell the T3PA pedals since I don't need them.

Back