Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T300 base (280 euro) + alcantara wheel (180 euro) = 460 euro.
T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition (base + wheel + pedals) = 470 euro.
So you get the T3PA pedals for... 10 euro. Sheesh... silly pricing for the T300 base only. I was hoping for a lower price.
I guess I'll buy the package and sell the T3PA pedals since I don't need them.
I wonder if there's another reason for TM selling the base separately? Perhaps they've done it for those that have failures outside if the warranty period....just a thought.

Can't grumble at T3PA pedals for only €10 extra, although I'd prefer the T3PA-pro. :)

It's great to see TM are listening and giving us options.

T300 base (280 euro) + alcantara wheel (180 euro) = 460 euro.
T300 Ferrari Integral Racing Wheel Alcantara Edition (base + wheel + pedals) = 470 euro.
So you get the T3PA pedals for... 10 euro. Sheesh... silly pricing for the T300 base only. I was hoping for a lower price.
I guess I'll buy the package and sell the T3PA pedals since I don't need them.

Regardless of the price, just hope they ensure the quality/durability of the base in the new batch. It's wise of them business-wise to sell off their existing inventory (the wheel packages) first before making the price for the base reasonable and economical for the consumer in the future when the demand for packages starts to fall.

Don't forget that PS4 wheel market is still fairly young and plenty of opportunity for sales when GT Sport or whatever the next GT title releases. Things in packages are always much easier to sell because typical consumer psychology interprets "more items equals more value" . Not everyone are as well informed as we are on GTP.

By the time the next GT title arrives, maybe existing T300RS owners will need a new base as it will be late 2017 [SARCASM INTENDED] lol

Last edited:
I wonder if there's another reason for TM selling the base separately? Perhaps they've done it for those that have failures outside if the warranty period....just a thought.

Can't grumble at T3PA pedals for only €10 extra, although I'd prefer the T3PA-pro. :)

It's great to see TM are listening and giving us options.

I'm sure it is a combination of reasons: Custom set-up and affordability options, replacement of broken pieces without having to replace the whole system, all of which are a great selling feature.👍

Another good deal on the T300 Set, this time via Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879337032

This had been listed as $429.99 on Newegg.
Now the price has dropped to the normal $399.99.

They give you the Promo Code which drops the price $80.00.
(promo code EMCKANV87)

All told, including shipping, it is $325.98.
Currently the best price I've seen for this as New from a seller other than eBay.

Last edited:
Another good deal on the T300 Set, this time via Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879337032

This had been listed as $429.99 on Newegg.
Now the price has dropped to the normal $399.99.

They give you the Promo Code which drops the price $80.00.
(promo code EMCKANV87)

All told, including shipping, it is $325.98.
Currently the best price I've seen for this as New from a seller other than eBay.

To all my American friends, wait for Cyber Monday Deals on November 30. There should be some fantastic discounts this year for the original T300RS package on Amazon

* Pity the AUD no longer close to being parity to USD

Last edited:
Newegg has the Thrustmaster T3000 Servo Racing Wheel Base - PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 3 for sale for $259.99 Plus $5.99 Shipping. Release date is 11/6/2015.

H3ARmxn.png

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879337035

Things just got a whole lot more interesting...
I agree. I've been buying pieces at a time. I already have the TP3A-Pro pedals and the Shifter I had purchased when I found them for +25% off, so I don't need the pedals which come with the latest combo. Having the Base alone is ideal. And being able to get it now definitely makes this a strong consideration for me.
The hope is they've sorted through all of the T300 QC issues and this batch of Bases will be rock solid.
Heck, they should be. They've had 2 years now to perfect them.

The base they sent me back after my rma is solid as all get out..been running it full ffb and dont even get hot. They should be good to go
Out of interest, does your replacement have a PlayStation logo above PS4/PS3 switch? Noticed the new SKUs have it.

Hold your horses. Discounts are coming in but there will be discounts come Amazon Black Friday Deals Week as I posted this on Thrustmaster TX thread

Hold your horses for extended Amazon Black Friday Deals Week.

So far as I can tell, this is now the "regular" price for these. This also matches the price on Newegg. Could be wrong, of course, but I don't expect them to go up in price anymore.
Well that's great news then. How much will it go down on Cyber Monday then? Surely not too much, if not at all...

Well that's great news then. How much will it go down on Cyber Monday then? Surely not too much, if not at all...
My guess is someone, probably Frys, will have it for $199.99 Black Friday/Cyber Monday. As mentioned earlier in this thread, they've sold them for that before. Wouldn't be a surprise to see it again.

I'd expect the newest combos to be down in the $400 range.

Strange thing to me is the price difference between the T300 and the TX. I assume there are many more PlayStation players vs XBox. The TX Combos will likely be $50-$100 cheaper than the T300 equivalent.

New wheel arrived on Wednesday, as mentioned before it is the Ferrari 599XX EVO 30 Alcantara wheel that I went for as an upgrade to the 458 GTE rim...

Anyway as expected it looks stunning and even more surprising feels very plush and soft to the touch ( that Alcantara really is Nice!:D ) , from initial looks it doesn't look that much bigger ( 2cm is nothing tbh ) partly due to the fact it is a flat bottom wheel, BUT you really do feel the difference once its mounted to the base and feels a lot bigger and more natural than the GTE rim with your arms being further apart. Forcefeedback defiantly feels a touch better as well with this rim..

Only things I am not happy with are the Paddles , they have used the same paddle as the 28cm wheel so as a result unless you have extremely long fingers only the tips of your fingers are able to barely touch the things to change gear.... they really should of upgraded the paddles to match the circumference of the wheel at the price they charge for this thing! ( I suppose they blew all the budget on that lovely alcantara :rolleyes:).. other thing is a prefer the toggle swith on the GTE rim but that's no biggie tbh and overall am very happy with the wheel:tup:

some pics :

I suspect they couldn't make the paddles wider due to it needing to fit the T500. If the paddles were wider they could get in the way of the T500's fixed ones.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here: I really like the look of the T300 Integrale package, but the wheel doesn't have as much functionality for PlayStation as the T300RS rim. The T300RS is also much cheaper, but the Integrale comes with the T3PAs, and a much nicer wheel. Any thoughts and opinions on what to do would be appreciated.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here: I really like the look of the T300 Integrale package, but the wheel doesn't have as much functionality for PlayStation as the T300RS rim. The T300RS is also much cheaper, but the Integrale comes with the T3PAs, and a much nicer wheel. Any thoughts and opinions on what to do would be appreciated.
The RS, GTE, TM28 leather and 599 Evo 30cm rims all have idential number of buttons. The only difference is the placement.

Pictures of button layout here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=374&cid=9

I love the leather of my TM28 wheel, but I don't like function of the gimmicky rotary knob as much as the plain buttons on the RS wheel.

Back