TOCA Season 5 / Spurgy, Joe, DBC, Volvo, Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,321 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry guys, i'm going to take all the cars out for my first test of them and if their not equal I shall inform Furi 👍.

Don't worry guys, i'm going to take all the cars out for my first test of them and if their not equal I shall inform Furi 👍.

Can't really argue with that response. 👍

Furi, why don't you get our other precision driver, Joe to test them all out as well as he has made clear his services are open.

Give them a test round different kinds of track (Tsukuba, Nurb GP/D, Monza) to see which cars are best at which kind of track. I'd planned to do the same thing myself but I don't think I have the time to do it the way I wanted.

EDIT: I could test them all with default setups chqr.

Yes 👍. I'm the official test driver so I will be testing all the tracks on the calender at some point. For today i'm planning Tsukuba and GP/D.

Btw I bet your faster than I but i'll do my best :).

Yes 👍. I'm the official test driver so I will be testing all the tracks on the calender at some point. For today i'm planning Tsukuba and GP/D.

Btw I bet your faster than I but i'll do my best :).

i reckon you two would have a great 1 on 1 race, two of the fastest drivers on here....hhmm, showdown time!

I forgot to ask if mics are on during races or not. With a 16 car grid I'm guessing they're not.

EDIT: Found it in the OP

Just out of interest - all the cars are being made so that they are close but have advantages? So at some tracks they should do better than normal, like the real BTCC when you see cars do better at current tracks but sometimes not as well etc etc

The Mazda, Ford and Honda are unchanged from their S4.2 spec. The Nissan when tested was only 0.1 second slower around Tsukuba and generally exact same pace as the Infiniti. Volvo are significantly lighter and a decent bet now.

Tsukuba is a terrible track to be testing on, there is literally no corner variation.

Suzuka was built as a test track, it has practically every type of corner you will find on any racetrack, and whatever strengths the cars have are evened out by the variation of the course. Tsukuba will only tell you how evenly the cars are matched around Tsukuba.

Suzuka gives a complete profile of the performance of the car, whether it is strong in slow or fast corners, how it handles weight transfer, light braking, hard braking, etc. If the cars are even around Suzuka, they will probably be even on most tracks.

Of course there is plenty of time for the testers to try every course on the schedule, which will give the clearest picture.

Why does a car get in if it's slower than the Infiniti, it wasn't on pace last season, maybe try equalise compared to cars in the series and on the pace.💡

Thats the thing with TOCA and its style of racing. One or two will break away and get quick laps, but a full reverse grid event for example calls for a lot of patience and skill overtaking.

I know i'm no-where near quickest on a flying lap in a TOCA car, but my strength is being consistent and picking people off 1 by 1.

@Akmuq, we can test.. friday / saturday, 1 of those nights. If the Nissan is shown in the earliest pre-season testing to be markedly slower, than if the field was happy i'd give it a Engine stage 1 upgrade. Thats another point of early testing and thread launch, mroe time to gather feedback and get head around the cars.

Thats the thing with TOCA and its style of racing. One or two will break away and get quick laps, but a full reverse grid event for example calls for a lot of patience and skill overtaking.

I know i'm no-where near quickest on a flying lap in a TOCA car, but my strength is being consistent and knocking people off 1 by 1.

@Akmuq, we can test.. friday / saturday, 1 of those nights. If the Nissan is shown in the earliest pre-season testing to be markedly slower, than if the field was happy i'd give it a Engine stage 1 upgrade. Thats another point of early testing and thread launch, mroe time to gather feedback and get head around the cars.

Fixed ;).

I know i'm no-where near quickest on a flying lap in a TOCA car, but my strength is being consistent and picking people off 1 by 1.

Pop me a PM when you guys are testing. I need as much track time as I can get. I have an interesting development, akmuq on our Nissans.

Pop me a PM when you guys are testing. I need as much track time as I can get. I have an interesting development, akmuq on our Nissans.

Interesting... Chqr, I don't expect you to tell us, but is it good or bad news?

there was a quick test after the TOCA asia race, me and DK were separated by 0.005

picture.php

I've just done some testing in the Nissan at Tsukuba. My best potential lap is a 59.7xx (best sector times added together), but the best I've actually done is a 59.982

EDIT: Got the 59.7 lap. New best possible lap is a 59.6

EDIT 2: Got a low 59.5 lap. Can't find any more time anywhere.

Last edited:
also any pre season testing i did was at 295BHP so the times will be quicker than the ones i set as the quickest was a 59.9 for Honda

Pumped a 59.6 after a heck of a lot of tuning and testing. I've clocked 102 miles on my Infiniti so far in testing.

For me, the Nissan is by far the hardest to tune and least rewarding once you've tuned it.

The Ford on the contrary is the most forgiving in tuning and testing.

gokartman did 59.8 with a Nissan and on his first lap with a Ford with a basic setup, he did a 59.3

Slightly concerning especially when gokartman and I were doing Monaco we were stuck in the 1.44s with no improvement after an hour of testing.

Nonetheless, we'll let our TOCA Test Drivers sort this one out.

Yeah I'm at a wall with my low 59.5, it's pretty much the same as yours Chris.

That was done with a setup that gave me oversteer to help turn better. I'll now try lapping the track in a default setup Ford.

I see you guys are finding the Nissan a bugger to get speed out of too. I did over 30 laps in it and couldn't find any speed with any setup :(.

I only got time to do Tsukuba but I did it very seriously doing 20+ laps in each car to get a good time, while also tweaking them after a say 7 lap stint.

My times are as follows.

Honda: 58.5
Mazda: 58.7
Ford: 58.8
Volvo: 59.3
Nissan: 59.8 :boggled:

I see you guys are finding the Nissan a bugger to get speed out of too. I did over 30 laps in it and couldn't find any speed with any setup :(.

I only got time to do Tsukuba but I did it very seriously doing 20+ laps in each car to get a good time, while also tweaking them after a say 7 lap stint.

My times are as follows.

Honda: 58.5
Mazda: 58.7
Ford: 58.8
Volvo: 59.3
Nissan: 59.8 :boggled:

Oh terrific!:grumpy:

Thats huge on such a track!👎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back