TOCA Season 5 / Spurgy, Joe, DBC, Volvo, Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,321 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My times are as follows.

Honda: 58.5
Mazda: 58.7
Ford: 58.8
Volvo: 59.3
Nissan: 59.8 :boggled:

And at Tsukuba, times are concertinaed much more. I'd rather not think what kind of differences we'd see elswhere. *sigh*

I see you guys are finding the Nissan a bugger to get speed out of too. I did over 30 laps in it and couldn't find any speed with any setup :(.

I only got time to do Tsukuba but I did it very seriously doing 20+ laps in each car to get a good time, while also tweaking them after a say 7 lap stint.

My times are as follows.

Honda: 58.5
Mazda: 58.7
Ford: 58.8
Volvo: 59.3
Nissan: 59.8 :boggled:

Uh oh.

Here's an idea - why not use a FR car we'd more likely see in TOCA - say the Toyota GT86? Better handling, just give it more weight to help slow it down a bit. Already used in TOCA ASIA

Why is everyone moaning? The nissan I found is more speed orientated. Try it at fuji Paul.

Tsukuba will always favor the car that turns better.

it was the quickest car over a mile when i tested the cars yesterday

As I said, I don't think the problem is power. It's the handling. The Focus was getting higher speed down the Nurb GP/D main straight than the Nissan due to how fast the cars could take the final turn.

Why is everyone moaning? The nissan I found is more speed orientated. Try it at fuji Paul.

Tsukuba will always favor the car that turns better.

Not moaning. Just concerned.

I'm sure everybody would prefer if it any Specification Issues are sorted out now rather than in two months time half-way through the season.

I don't think the problem is power either, it's the way it handles.

Simple. Add Stage 1 engine to it, should help it out. Thanks for the test result Paul. I'll be testing friday night so come along then guys :)

Put me down as a Ford driver, if there's any spaces left.

JB going to quit early? :scared:

What if it becomes too fast then? Have you used the Nissan with a Stage 1 engine yet?

No but thats how i'd fix it. There's nothing to be concerned about. The whole poinbt of this is to make sure everything is ironed out. Lets test at other tracks as well.

Good one that should put the Volvo back where it belongs.:lol:

:lol: Volvo is just hurt by lack of LSD.

Haitch i'm aware cars will behave different at different tracks but I spent a good 3 hours on Tsukuba to get good tunes on the cars and good times. So I can't do every track in one day :lol:. I'd rather spend alot of time at one track a day and get proper results than try rushing things.

So guys vote which track I should go to next and I will go there 👍.

No but thats how i'd fix it. There's nothing to be concerned about. The whole poinbt of this is to make sure everything is ironed out. Lets test at other tracks as well.

:lol: Volvo is just hurt by lack of LSD.

Well help it then.💡

paul try the cars around either monza or spa as they are high speed tracks which is the opposite of tsbuska

From my testing in which cars to choose I found at fuji since it has a mix of fast corners, slow ones and the straight.
(Note I am most likely quite slow :lol:)

Mazda. Low 52's high 51's
Honda. Mid to low 52's
Nissan. Mid 52's
Volvo. Low 53's
Ford. Mid 53's

Volvo has stage 3 weight and window reduction. Its at this lightest. And this is probably its swansong season. But remember, hot lap pace is not everything.

Swansong season? So you've already decided its plop then okey doke.:lol::grumpy:

Volvo has stage 3 weight and window reduction. Its at this lightest. And this is probably its swansong season. But remember, hot lap pace is not everything.

The Volvo is great in a straight line its problem is coming out of slow corners.

Cue the tyre smoke!

Swansong season? So you've already decided its plop then okey doke.:lol::grumpy:

This is the final throw of the dice for Volvo. It'll begin the revolving door of cars. By S8 (looking far ahead I know) expect ALL of the current cars gone.

if only the nissan could have 6 gears. it just feels and sounds so slow, you always thing you have the transmission set to like 250 :grumpy:.

for the testing i would take it to a faster track now paul, one with longer straights like chris said like fuji or monza :)

This is the final throw of the dice for Volvo. It'll begin the revolving door of cars. By S8 (looking far ahead I know) expect ALL of the current cars gone.

Reckon come season 8 you should have the current crop nailed, dont rock the boat (boat being the Swedish meatball!):dopey:

Important thing here, how many of these tests are offline and online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back