Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
I already got the Rockstar Zombie costume for GTA IV. Does this mean I have to create a different account or do I just automatically get the trophy?
The trophies are not retroactive.

Can you just start a new save file? I don't play GTA IV so pardon my lack of knowledge on the game.

GTA Trophy patch is out now. It gives you one just for starting the game :). I wish Pain did that, thats the only way i'll ever get one.

To win the trophies, obviously you have to download the patch, but do you also have to be online whilst your playing the single player mode to win the trophies, or how does it work?

To win the trophies, obviously you have to download the patch, but do you also have to be online whilst your playing the single player mode to win the trophies, or how does it work?

offline possible.

Some trophies are online like the one for killing a Rockstar developer or something. I got it first time free mode and I didnt know what It meant.

Wheelie trophu is offline only

offline possible.

Some trophies are online like the one for killing a Rockstar developer or something. I got it first time free mode and I didnt know what It meant.

Wheelie trophu is offline only

Great news, now all I have to do is find a way to update it with the patch. Any ideas? Would it work with a game save?

i think the Trophy patch screwed my ranking in GTA. I ha rank 5 and after the update i was playing some missions and i saw rank 2 instead of 5. I have to start all over again i guess:(.

Yep, I'm at college now, and were I'm staying I cant sign into the PSN. :(

Dude Im sorry man.

Lets see, any friends got PSN? Go over to theirs and download the patch onto the disk. If its the sav, get a USB?

i think the Trophy patch screwed my ranking in GTA. I ha rank 5 and after the update i was playing some missions and i saw rank 2 instead of 5. I have to start all over again i guess:(.

Im on 5 at the momment. Nothing really changed :indiff:
Maybe you didnt, wait nevermind. (Different accounts reset ranks, but you probably used same account)

Rockstar wants us to come 1st in all games for a trophy?
Go away :lol:

Regarding Afrika and Aquanaut

I must thank you for bringing these two games to my attention.

Far Cry 2 excited me as it was based in Africa, and included some wildlife, but now I have seen the video trailers of these two fine pieces of work.

I'm a keen enthusiast when it comes to nature, especially marine life and African wildlife, and I always wondered when a detailed, non-violent, nature-based game would arrive.

The 'Afrika' hunt scenes look incredible! Is Aquanaut based around the same idea? I sure hope so! I'd really like to see in-game information about habitats, animals, behaviour, etc. A nice educational game for once! :sly:

EDIT: Just realised that Afrika is only due for release in JPN and NA. Sucks to be Europe...

Last edited:
Dude Im sorry man.

Lets see, any friends got PSN? Go over to theirs and download the patch onto the disk. If its the sav, get a USB?

Im on 5 at the momment. Nothing really changed :indiff:
Maybe you didnt, wait nevermind. (Different accounts reset ranks, but you probably used same account)

Rockstar wants us to come 1st in all games for a trophy?
Go away :lol:

Well its weird but it changed to Rank 5 again. Don't know how but im happy thasts its back:D

How did you guys get all the trophies for linger in shadows. I cant get them all and Ive tried several times. Any help would be appreciated.

In GTA I need about 6 more wins for the Midnight Club trophy :)

Might do some co-ops for that trophy.

Only 8 trophies so far...

I should be able to get...

180 Darts
Taxi ride
Co-op
20 race wins
Escape 6 stars
Unlock all islands

I couldnt be bothered to do the missions :lol:

The 'Afrika' hunt scenes look incredible! Is Aquanaut based around the same idea? I sure hope so! I'd really like to see in-game information about habitats, animals, behaviour, etc. A nice educational game for once! :sly:
It is the same team, so I assume so. I know it is supposed to be an underwater exploration style game.

EDIT: Just realised that Afrika is only due for release in JPN and NA. Sucks to be Europe...
Make some noise either on the Three Speech blog or somewhere similar. If enough people in Europe show an interest then perhaps they will bring it to you. As it is I think that Afrika is still a TBA for NA. They have really only started on development for Aquanauts so even if Afrika doesn't come to Europe a decent amount of noise could still get Aquanauts.

Or, don't forget that most PS3 games are region free, and as these are Sony exclusives they most likely will be region free. You could probably import them. But I would wait for the US versions so that you can be sure to get them in English.

How did you guys get all the trophies for linger in shadows. I cant get them all and Ive tried several times. Any help would be appreciated.
Half of them are obtained by just successfully completing the Linger mode. The other half (the greetings) are hidden in the linger mode and you have to pause and look around to find the logos for the teams they are giving greetings to. You have to look at them for a few seconds and then they get kind of highlighted and a circular image appears on screen with all the logos in black and white. The logo you just focused on will become colored. The best way to find greetings is to leave it in the paused mode and just move it forward a bit at a time and look around. When you have it on screen you will hear a change in the noise/music that builds up until teh logo is highlighted.

Also note: None of the trophies are granted to you until you complete your current play through.

And PS3Fanboy.com has a trophy guide for Linger in Shadows that went up over the weekend. I was having trouble finding my last greet and finally got it (stupid column) then saw their guide.

It is the same team, so I assume so. I know it is supposed to be an underwater exploration style game.

Make some noise either on the Three Speech blog or somewhere similar. If enough people in Europe show an interest then perhaps they will bring it to you. As it is I think that Afrika is still a TBA for NA. They have really only started on development for Aquanauts so even if Afrika doesn't come to Europe a decent amount of noise could still get Aquanauts.

Or, don't forget that most PS3 games are region free, and as these are Sony exclusives they most likely will be region free. You could probably import them. But I would wait for the US versions so that you can be sure to get them in English.

Half of them are obtained by just successfully completing the Linger mode. The other half (the greetings) are hidden in the linger mode and you have to pause and look around to find the logos for the teams they are giving greetings to. You have to look at them for a few seconds and then they get kind of highlighted and a circular image appears on screen with all the logos in black and white. The logo you just focused on will become colored. The best way to find greetings is to leave it in the paused mode and just move it forward a bit at a time and look around. When you have it on screen you will hear a change in the noise/music that builds up until teh logo is highlighted.

Also note: None of the trophies are granted to you until you complete your current play through.

And PS3Fanboy.com has a trophy guide for Linger in Shadows that went up over the weekend. I was having trouble finding my last greet and finally got it (stupid column) then saw their guide.

Well I tried doing exactly what you described but maybe i just didnt know what to look for. Ill try now. Thanks for the help! 👍

No way, the GTA trophy for 20 online race wins was for a win each track

I have like 31 wins, 8 in one course and 5 in another. So I basically have like 6 or 7 wins for the trophy lol...

I have 10 GTA trophies :)

Strong rumour has it that the long awaited (well by me at least) Battlefield : Bad Company trophy patch will be arriving this week, most likely Thursday or Friday.

Can't wait myself as I love the game and did enjoy the single player as well as the on-line, which gives me an excuse to get back into it. Between a new reason to get back into BF:BC, the fun that is Far Cry 2 and LBP out next week I'm a busy boy to say the least.

Regards

Scaff

While I have not had a chance to check personally I have seen posts on other forums that are saying the Battlefield : Bad Company trophy patch is up and that the trophies are retrospective.

Regards

Scaff

Apparently the new Battle Field Bad Company maps have come out as well...

Now you are just killing my motivation to actually work, while working from home.

:ouch:

Scaff

Edit - even more so now I've just checked what the maps will be, 3 very good (Acta non verba, Crossing Over and Ghost Town) and one bloody brilliant......Par for the Course.....oh yes Golf buggies, heavy weaponry and destructible environments, serious fun.

Last edited:
Now that I have LittleBigPlanet I should be hitting Level 5 very soon. I wasn't even trying and got 13% of the trophies.

Now you are just killing my motivation to actually work, while working from home.

:ouch:

Scaff

Edit - even more so now I've just checked what the maps will be, 3 very good (Acta non verba, Crossing Over and Ghost Town) and one bloody brilliant......Par for the Course.....oh yes Golf buggies, heavy weaponry and destructible environments, serious fun.

Have to agree, when they were holding the poll for which maps they should create into online maps my first vote went to Par for the Course. Must be the best map they've played. If I get time later, and manage to peel myself from Grid for longer than 5 minutes I'll check them out. :)

Just to confirm. Battlefield : Bad Company has retrospective trophies for on-line (just go to the multi-player and they will be awarded), but you will need to start a new game for the single player to get the trophies for that,

Regards

Scaff

Just to confirm. Battlefield : Bad Company has retrospective trophies for on-line (just go to the multi-player and they will be awarded), but you will need to start a new game for the single player to get the trophies for that

That's nice that they did that. I suspect the reason they and other game developers do not make offline trophies retroactive is that people could simply use someone else's game save to automatically earn the trophies.

Speaking of trophies. I just checked to see if there was an update for PixelJunk Monsters, and so far it reamians unavailable.

That's nice that they did that. I suspect the reason they and other game developers do not make offline trophies retroactive is that people could simply use someone else's game save to automatically earn the trophies.

Speaking of trophies. I just checked to see if there was an update for PixelJunk Monsters, and so far it reamians unavailable.

According to PS3Fanboy, 2.00 should be out now.

From,
Chris.

According to PS3Fanboy, 2.00 should be out now.

From,
Chris.
As of the time DN posted that it was still not out. PSFanboy had the Europe patch announcement, but the US version didn't come out until much later.

Everything was delayed on the US servers last night.

With the recent release of Quantum of Solace, Resistance 2, and Tom Clancy's EndWar, there are now 34 games with a available trophies.

1,239 Trophies
  • 23 Platinum
  • 88 Gold
  • 245 Silver
  • 883 Bronze

"Happy Hunting" ;)

You're level 7 right? I'm halfway through 6 but one bronze that I can't get (without a hardware peripheral 👎 ) separates me from Burnout Paradise Platinum. Games that I haven't played (but plan to) are LBP, FC2, R2, Motorstorm 2, Dead Space, B:BC, etc...

I'm working on GTA4, got the Liberty City Minute with 10 hours to spare, I don't recommend this game for trophy hunters as the majority are very time consuming (killing all 200 pigeons around the city will net you a silver, ffs!)

Last edited:
I'm actually about half way through 6 as well. I have been EXTREMELY busy lately. The games I have to go through and snag trophies are as follows:

LittleBigPlanet
Bioshock
PixelJunk Monsters
GTA IV
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance 2

I'll probably work on my R2 platinum and some more LBP trophies before I move on to anything else :) Though, I should play MS2 before the noobs disappear so I can snag up some good trophies!

Back