Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
I edited my post after you posted, FYI.

Anywho, I find it strange that you can't view your trophy status while using PS3's browser yet you can do it ingame with no problems :odd:

Anywho, I find it strange that you can't view your trophy status while using PS3's browser yet you can do it ingame with no problems :odd:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by PS3 Browser. You mean the XMB? Or maybe I don't understand what you mean by trophy status?

If by trophy status you mean my PSN profile, gamer level, trophy count, and detailed lists of all my trophies with pics and descriptions, then for me it's the opposite. I can access that info in the PS3's XMB without being in a game.

Right now I'm using the PS3's internet browser, if I bring up the XMB and select my name, it'll ask me if I want to close the browser. If I'm in a game, it'll load up fine.

I got Far Cry 2 from Gamefly today, are the trophies hard to get?

A real mixed bag, some are simply given as you progress through the game and one silver in particular is shockingly easy...

Help an injured buddy to die - not difficult to do and it bags you a silver

.....others are mid-numbingly hard......

Every bloody diamond on the entire pair of maps earns a sole bronze WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

......I've got to about 18% without really trying for them.

Regards

Scaff

I'm working on GTA4, got the Liberty City Minute with 10 hours to spare

Just under 16 hours to spare here (without a listed death/busted/save) - and I reckon it's possible in just about 10 hours flat (if you take Taxis to your destinations).

I've just got the multiplayer ones to finish off now (which will be some bloody effort), plus the last 30 or so pigeons.

Will you have 100% after the pigeons?

Haven't even touched multiplayer yet, I wonder how long it takes to reach max rank...

Last edited:
Possibly... I'm using Steve's car collection missions as my save points - collect a few pigeons, get a text, get the car, pigeons saved. I haven't actually checked up on what's required for 100% though.

Some of the online ones are easy - I managed to get my Rockstar trophy in my first online match with this account, and I know daan and Fujiwara have it too. Get along to the GTP GTA Group - one of the aims is to get everyone to get all the multiplayer trophies.

I started playing Buzz this weekend, and some of those trophies just come naturally. My only issue is that 5,000 point trophy. If I am correct you have 18 questions in a single-player game. That means you need 278 points per question.

Maybe I was just tired last night, but even when I knew every answer before it finished asking it I would dip below that if I didn't see which choice was the answer immediately.

I started playing Buzz this weekend, and some of those trophies just come naturally. My only issue is that 5,000 point trophy. If I am correct you have 18 questions in a single-player game. That means you need 278 points per question.

Maybe I was just tired last night, but even when I knew every answer before it finished asking it I would dip below that if I didn't see which choice was the answer immediately.

It's bloody hard, but the hardest for me was the hidden gold trophy:

"Lightning Reactions", where you have to answer three questions in a row in 1/2 a second or faster! That's a score of 290+ three times in a row... :eek: So many times I'll get two in a row in the 290's, but it's always that third one that will get me, often just a point or two shy... :ouch:
Talk about fastest finger!

The way I did it was to keep a finger on each button (two from my left hand and two from my right), and naturally play a category you know really well... then pray you spot and click on the right answer immediately!

You can pretty consistently get a score in the mid 280's and a few 290's with practice, (the highest I have gotten is 297) so even if you score one or two answers below the 270 mark, you should still have enough points to reach the 5,000 mark. I think my record is close to 5,200 so it can definitely be done.

The good news is that if you have not gotten it already, by doing so you'll also earn a hidden silver trophy:

"He's on Fire!" which is earned when you answer ten questions correctly in a row.
BTW: Let me know if you need someone to play some sofa vs sofa games with. 👍

Last edited:

It is tricky and you are right you have to get every question right, miss even one and you may as well start again.

What does work, some may consider it cheating, is to use on a quiz selection that you know is easy, so Toon within the TV & Movie channel (well its that in the UK). The limited pool of questions make it easier, this also can make the first of D-N's spoiler trophies easier to get as well.

Regards

Scaff

It's bloody hard, but the hardest for me was the hidden gold trophy:

"Lightning Reactions", where you have to answer three questions in a row in 1/2 a second or faster! That's a score of 290+ three times in a row... :eek: So many times I'll get two in a row in the 290's, but it's always that third one that will get me, often just a point or two shy... :ouch:
Talk about fastest finger!
I've already looked them up and saw that one and thought no way.

The way I did it was to keep a finger on each button (two from my left hand and two from my right), and naturally play a category you know really well... then pray you spot and click on the right answer immediately!
I almost did this last night and then decided to just go with the normal one thumb option. I'll have to try this.

The good news is that if you have not gotten it already, by doing so you'll also earn a hidden silver trophy:

"He's on Fire!" which is earned when you answer ten questions correctly in a row.
I already got that one. Got it in one of my first games.

BTW: Let me know if you need someone to play some sofa vs sofa games with. 👍
Definitely. Can you do a one-on-one sofa-vs-sofa? I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know. Or even a two-on-one, four-on-one (I'll take your whole family down!)? And does it use voice chat or use the camera at all? I have gotten my Buzz! face on already, just curious about the online portion.

It is tricky and you are right you have to get every question right, miss even one and you may as well start again.
How do you restart? I couldn't figure it out.

What does work, some may consider it cheating, is to use on a quiz selection that you know is easy, so Toon within the TV & Movie channel (well its that in the UK). The limited pool of questions make it easier, this also can make the first of D-N's spoiler trophies easier to get as well.
It is Toon for the US too. I was hitting up Blockbusters last night.

At one point I decided to see if I could get it with My Buzz quizzes. after seeing D-N had some designed for his kids I decided that would be the way to go. Turns out I didn't know what kind of animal they have (hint: It is not dog). I should have gone with the first-grade math quiz. :sly:

So, are those quizzes limited to just eight questions? My wife is wanting to make a quiz she will be good at. Apparently, she was upset that they did not have a Kenny Chesney category.

Trophy Update:

With today's release of Call of Duty: World at War and Mirror's Edge, there are now 36 games with available trophies.

1,327 Trophies
  • 25 Platinum
  • 94 Gold
  • 265 Silver
  • 943 Bronze
Here are the upcoming games that the developers have already released lists of all the available trophies:
  • 11/16/08 Mortal Kombat vs. DC
  • 11/16/08 Shaun White's Snowboard
  • 11/20/08 Pain: Movie Studio (PSN)
  • 12/02/08 Prince of Persia
  • TBA Soldner-X (Mercenary-X: Enthusiast) (PSN)
  • TBA Burn Zombie Burn! (PSN)
Here are the currently released games with upcoming game patches that are said will add trophies:
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
  • Elefunk
  • Fallout 3
  • Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
  • Saints Row 2
  • SingStar Vol 1
  • SingStar Vol 2
  • SOCOM: Confrontation

Last edited:
You can't directly restart, but you can quite from the match, just hold down all four coloured buttons for a few seconds and you get the pause/quit options.

Personally I just keep playing as it all counts towards the 'Lonesome' trophies.

It is Toon for the US too. I was hitting up Blockbusters last night.
I think I got my 5,000 points trophy using Blockbuster's; but it did take quite a few goes and you will kick yourself if you get every question bar the very last one right (as I did at least twice).

At one point I decided to see if I could get it with My Buzz quizzes. after seeing D-N had some designed for his kids I decided that would be the way to go. Turns out I didn't know what kind of animal they have (hint: It is not dog). I should have gone with the first-grade math quiz. :sly:

So, are those quizzes limited to just eight questions? My wife is wanting to make a quiz she will be good at. Apparently, she was upset that they did not have a Kenny Chesney category.
The My Buzz quizzes is an area I've not treally played around with (silly as its a simple trophy), having made just one quiz (give it a go and see what you think), yes they are limited to eight questions, but you can write as many as quizzes as you like.

I do also thinks its a shame that I can't go Sofa to Sofa with you guys, region locked for that side of things is a pain.

Regards

Scaff

You can't directly restart, but you can quite from the match, just hold down all four coloured buttons for a few seconds and you get the pause/quit options.

Personally I just keep playing as it all counts towards the 'Lonesome' trophies.
I only tried to quit when my wife first played and she just kept hitting her Buzz button and wound up with the nerdy guy as her character and wanted to go back.

I think I got my 5,000 points trophy using Blockbuster's; but it did take quite a few goes and you will kick yourself if you get every question bar the very last one right (as I did at least twice).
Or in my case once, hit the wrong button.

I do also thinks its a shame that I can't go Sofa to Sofa with you guys, region locked for that side of things is a pain.

Regards

Scaff
I understand why they region lock for matchmaking, but I wish these things would open up for your Friend's List.

I've already looked them up and saw that one and thought no way.
I'll have to check, but I think that was the last trophy I got in order to get the Platinum. If not, I suspect it was close to the last. :nervous:

I almost did this last night and then decided to just go with the normal one thumb option. I'll have to try this.
Do try it. I experimented with a few different finger and controller positions, as that trophy mentioned above was killing me! I found for me at least, I had the fastest average response times using four fingers, two from each hand to cover all the buttons. The only catch is hoping your brain sends the signal to the correct finger! :D

Definitely. Can you do a one-on-one sofa-vs-sofa? I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know. Or even a two-on-one, four-on-one (I'll take your whole family down!)? And does it use voice chat or use the camera at all? I have gotten my Buzz! face on already, just curious about the online portion.
Sofa VS Sofa just means online play, regardless of how many people are playing and or how many are on a team. In fact, I'm not sure it even tells you if a player you are up against has a "team". I have only played on my own in Sofa VS Sofa matches (when I play with family and friends we always play against each other in multi-player matches), and if my opponents were teams, rather than also playing on their own, I never saw an option where it would tell me if that was the case and how many people were on their team... although that would be nice to know! :nervous:

I also do not know if they see me when I have the PS Eye camera on. I know it takes photos of me and our family when we play, but I don't know if it also takes photos and sends them to your opponents - like it does with Burnout Paradise. I've played a lot of Sofa VS Sofa games, so I'd be surprised if at least one of those times I was up against a player with a PS Eye turned on... but then again maybe not, and thus perhaps it does share shots of you with your opponents.

We could test it out though, as we both own PS Eye cameras. Next time you see me online send me a PM and I'll try and meet you for a game of Buzz and we'll see if the camera's work in Sofa VS Sofa matches... just be sure you are presentable! ;)

That's what I did as well for the same reason. 👍

You should try my quiz "One of these Things...(Mensa Version)" :sly:

The questions are not that hard to figure out the anser, but it's the limited time to anser that makes them more challenging.

The My Buzz quizzes is an area I've not treally played around with (silly as its a simple trophy), having made just one quiz (give it a go and see what you think), yes they are limited to eight questions, but you can write as many as quizzes as you like.
Not only that, but there is another secret silver trophy that you get by creating multiple quizzes. 👍

TROP024.PNG

That, and it's fun to do! :)

I agree. I really wish all online games would allow multi-regional play. :indiff:

Last edited:
Do try it. I experimented with a few different finger and controller positions, as that trophy mentioned above was killing me! I found for me at least, I had the fastest average response times using four fingers, two from each hand to cover all the buttons. The only catch is hoping your brain sends the signal to the correct finger! :D
My only issue is that my left hand has limited mobility, so it might not be quick enough.

Sofa VS Sofa just means online play, regardless of how many people are playing and or how many are on a team. In fact, I'm not sure it even tells you if a player you are up against has a "team". I have only played on my own in Sofa VS Sofa matches (when I play with family and friends we always play against each other in multi-player matches), and if my opponents were teams, rather than also playing on their own, I never saw an option where it would tell me if that was the case and how many people were on their team... although that would be nice to know! :nervous:
So, if my wife chose to play too it shouldn't matter?

We could test it out though, as we both own PS Eye cameras. Next time you see me online send me a PM and I'll try and meet you for a game of Buzz and we'll see if the camera's work in Sofa VS Sofa matches... just be sure you are presentable! ;)
As long as a T-shirt and lounge pants are presentable enough.

You should try my quiz "One of these Things...(Mensa Version)" :sly:
I did. The very first one (with the numbers) nearly stumped me. I sat there going, single-digit, prime numbers, what's the difference? Then I saw it.

Not only that, but there is another secret silver trophy that you get by creating multiple quizzes. 👍
I'm thinking of throwing together a couple after lunch if work stays this slow. It'll be a change from doodling LBP level ideas.

I agree. I really wish all online games would allow multi-regional play. :indiff:
It is really weird, because in Warhawk some of the European players will come in more clearly than US-based players, so I don't see where the issue is, unless there are content differences.

So, if my wife chose to play too it shouldn't matter?
Not at all. Theoretically the more people on your team the better... you just want to make sure that the person who buzzes in first on your team really knows the answer, because I have to believe that it only counts the first person to answer on a team, and not the Team's most popular response.

I really can't say as I have yet to play as a team.

As long as a T-shirt and lounge pants are presentable enough.
Yes... Boxers and bunny slippers are NOT! ;)

I'm thinking of throwing together a couple after lunch if work stays this slow. It'll be a change from doodling LBP level ideas.
Speaking of LBP level doodling, have you seen this nifty little LBP level designer program:
It's very basic, and limited in size and scope, but still pretty handy. 👍

It is really weird, because in Warhawk some of the European players will come in more clearly than US-based players, so I don't see where the issue is, unless there are content differences.
Location isn't nearly as important as a player's and the host server’s data transfer speeds (both down and up). I suspect the main reason has to do with incompatible versions, but honestly I don't know why, nor have I read any clear explanation why some games allow multi-regional online play and others do not. :indiff:

Speaking of LBP level doodling, have you seen this nifty little LBP level designer program:
It's very basic, and limited in size and scope, but still pretty handy. 👍
Yeah, I've seen it.

Either I haven't messed with it enough or it is just too limited for my ideas.

By the time I get finished doodling I make Wile E Coyote's stuff look amateur.

I just realized something though... I've played your Colin McRae Buzz Quiz, so are you sure we can't also play Sofa VS Sofa accross the pond? If so this would be the first game I know of where one of the gameplay modes is accessable for all regions and one mode is not. I'd be very curious to find out.

I had this idea about the trophies. Would it be possible to like make your own trophy and then upload it on the servers, then u can pick what kind of challenge you want and download it. Or isn't that possible?

I just realized something though... I've played your Colin McRae Buzz Quiz, so are you sure we can't also play Sofa VS Sofa accross the pond? If so this would be the first game I know of where one of the gameplay modes is accessable for all regions and one mode is not. I'd be very curious to find out.

I'm sure that I have tried looking for you when I have seen you playing Buzz to try and get a Sofa vs Sofa match going, and couldn't see you on the friends list in the game.

I will be sure to try again if I see you playing Buzz (or anyone else from the US playing it).

The problem may be that the standard questions are not the same between regions, for example the TV Hits section I can see being very different in the UK compared to the US.

Regards

Scaff

I had this idea about the trophies. Would it be possible to like make your own trophy and then upload it on the servers, then u can pick what kind of challenge you want and download it. Or isn't that possible?

That would be an excellent community idea because you could almost set your own challenges in various games for the rest of the world to try and get.

Sadly I think that the idea wouldnt be easily implemented because as it is it takes devs what seems like so much effort to program trophies into thier games so us mear morals being able to do it wouldnt be likely. Also the system would likely be abused with people racking up thousands of trophies.

But its a great idea, something which could be done in home. You could set a challenge to say.... hold a grenade longest and then chuck it and kill an enemy in COD4! :sly:

Robin

That would be an excellent community idea because you could almost set your own challenges in various games for the rest of the world to try and get.

Sadly I think that the idea wouldnt be easily implemented because as it is it takes devs what seems like so much effort to program trophies into thier games so us mear morals being able to do it wouldnt be likely. Also the system would likely be abused with people racking up thousands of trophies.

But its a great idea, something which could be done in home. You could set a challenge to say.... hold a grenade longest and then chuck it and kill an enemy in COD4! :sly:

I agree, it's a great idea, as long as the user generated trophies are not part of the PSN Trophy Ranking... because if it were, imagine all the obsessive trophy hunters out there who would exploit that feature by making obscenely easy trophies and sharing them with their friends to massively boost their gamer rank.

However, as simply a "Community Trophy", that maybe you can save in "Home" or as a separate Trophy Profile, would be a fun added feature that could definitely expand the replay value of a lot of games. Just look at all the "challenges" that fellow GTP members come up with in threads in the various games sub forums, like GT3/4/5p, GTA3/VC/SA/4, F1 Championship Edition, and so on. Al these challenges really add a lot of value to those games, and if the creators of those challenges were also able to design and share trophies for those challenges, that would likely only encourage more people to participate. 👍

I'm sure that I have tried looking for you when I have seen you playing Buzz to try and get a Sofa vs Sofa match going, and couldn't see you on the friends list in the game.

I will be sure to try again if I see you playing Buzz (or anyone else from the US playing it).

Let's try and pick a specific time and see if we can have a sofa VS sofa match. 👍

The problem may be that the standard questions are not the same between regions, for example the TV Hits section I can see being very different in the UK compared to the US.

That's a great point.

Last edited:
Then why on earth did you say this....

....you are criticising the Trophy system and saying that its lame in comparison to the 360 achievement system, yet a few posts later admit that you have no idea how the achievement system works!!!!!!!!

Scaff

I have all three consoles. While the 360 works best for ME online some others can't imagine spending $4 a month for the service. The achievements for me anyway, just show me how hardcore of a player my friend or other met players are. XBL allows me to look at all the games we have both played and compare directly the achievements we each got for all the games we played. Some players are " Achievement oriented" so they rent games just for the easy points. Its cool and adds a sense of accomplishment when you get a hard achievement completed, but Trophies will do the same. My only problem with the trophy system is I haven't bought any new titles that support it, all multiplatform games are bought for 360, hopefully I will get Resistance 2 when I'm done with Gears of War 2.

You can also compare directly wich trophies you and your frineds have on PS3. In the friends menu. Press triangle and compare trophies.

Back