Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
cheers for the tips. Yeah the wipeout ones and I think gta4 (online ones anyway) are going to be hardest for me. I forgot to add warhawk that I would like to try earn some trophies. I doubt I will be able to get platinum in all the games I'm playing through though. Wipeout for instance I'm simply not good enough at it.

Join a GTP_GTA Group game - we're trying to push trophies out to everyone in the group.

Join a GTP_GTA Group game - we're trying to push trophies out to everyone in the group.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be sure to join in the next few days. Am about 1/3 through finishing uncharted on crushing mode to get myself the platinum trophy. It's definitely much more challenging than hard mode.

OK, I did a trophy run this weekend.

First I tried an experiment: I added three of my other accounts to my Friends list. Then I went into LBP and started a four-player, same system game (yes, I have four controllers). I played through a level leaving the other three behind to die and reemerge at the next checkpoint. I got the top performer trophy but neither of the other two four-player trophies.

Then I decided it was time to put Warhawk back in. I went after every single event trophy (where you have to perform an event to get it) and spent a few hours on it, and probably annoyed other players too. Deathmatch, what deathmatch? I am climbing this dome. The King of the Jungle Gym was hard. I had to figure out how to climb up, then do the balancing act it requires, all while not getting killed. The hardest by far was Dead Eye. God only knows how many guys I sniped before being far enough away. And at that distance they are just a moving dot, so you have to camp on a sniper rifle spawn point. I found the best way to do it was fire a few shots randomly at a guy so that he stops long enough to try and find you. I took a few sniper shots myself using this tactic.

So now I have my perfect deathmatch nd perfect team deathmatch trophies to win as well as all the rank and award trophies. Those perfect deathmatch trophies will be tough. I am not good enough to take a top spot without getting in the middle of the action and taking a kill or ten.

Then a few hours on PAIN! They had a gold sitting there waiting for me. Gettin' Hoff. First, I had to unlock Tuxedo Hoff, which meant scoring 6,900,069 points with The Hoff in one run. So, off to the Abusement Park I went. I had three tries end with 6.8+ million points. :ouch: Finally I got it and it looked like it would be another close stop. I had just under 6.9 million when I stopped and the 15 second counter started. I began hitting the D-Pad and grab buttons as quickly as possible in a desperate attempt to Ooch or grab something. With 1 second on the clock I grabbed the log flume log and got the Sticky Hands bonus (10,000 points) with a 28X multiplier. 7.1 million points!!!!

That gave me Tuxedo Hoff and then I could shoot for my Gettin' Hoff trophy, which requires 69,000,000 cumulative points in PAINdemonium. While I was at it I decided to also unlock Swim Suit Hoff (grab the bikini girl 69 times). I got the Swim Suit Hoff unlocked, but that gold trophy was still far away. Finally, I decided to work on it later as I was becoming bored. I went and did their PAINLab for this week (best one ever) and then said to myself, "Just one more run." So I did a 1.5 million point run and DING - You have received a Trophy - Gettin' Hoff!
TROP017.PNG

Perseverance pays off.

So then last night I decide it was time to focus on the games that will give you trophies if you just play them long enough. PAIN has a three like this that I could go for, but I was burned out at this point. So, I loaded up Buzz. Dang it, that Gold Barnard Trophy will be mine! Oh yes, it will be mine.

And looking at my trophy list I noticed something about the trophy icon:
buzztropimg_019.png

Every button is covered with one hand and a simple twitch will answer a question. If you know the answer your only delay is in finding which option it is. My first two games all came within 200 points of getting it. But on my third try....5133 points!!!

Finally, I can do something other than Blockbuster questions.

As I had the bronze for the My Buzz Enthusiast trophies and knew I had played a few games I decided to chase those. I hit 20 for the silver fairly quickly. But getting up to 50 for the gold took a few hours, and I went through all new and popular questions. I was starting to get bored. Finally I went to search for some and ran across quizzes based on classic films, like Baseketball, Beerfest, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (MOST EXCELLENT!!!), Caddyshack, and the Die Hard franchise. Throw in some Lord of the Rings quizzes and I was enjoying myself, not noticing the couple of hours go by. At 10:30 last night I was getting tired and decided to give it one more quiz. Ding!

And that put me into Level 6.

So, now I will have to go for my multiplayer trophies, as well as my hidden trophies that I have left.

I'm going to put some more time into High Velocity Bowling's online mode too so I can clean up those trophies as well.

We should have a GTP Trophy leaderboard. Just somewhere we list our level and percentage and the number of each colour trophy.

I'm not doing any hardcore hunting but i am getting the easy ones in the games I own, downloading 25 maps in Farcry2 right no b4 i let a co worker borrow it for letting me use COD World at War. I got a silver for sniping the 7 guards and a dog without reloading a 6 shot rifle :) I recommend Dead Space to anyone who likes games and trophies :) That is one where you get a few just by playing the game. beating levels and getting 30 kills with all the weapons.

Still Pain had lost my interest as i am very bad and the torphies are not easy to obtain. Mostly games that have many that require multiplayer session are the ones i probably wont be getting. Midnight Clubs trophies are not easy either but many silver u get by beating the leader for each class.

We should have a GTP Trophy leaderboard. Just somewhere we list our level and percentage and the number of each colour trophy.
If they would ever get a gamer ID thing set up online it would help. I'm hoping they do something like that now that Playstation.com is tied to your PSN account.

If they would ever get a gamer ID thing set up online it would help. I'm hoping they do something like that now that Playstation.com is tied to your PSN account.

It would be nice and convenient if there was an official one that is updated automatically, but there are unofficial ones that get the job done for the most part:

PS3 Trophies

Granted, you need to keep it updated yourself, but it's easy to check someone else's gamer level and trophy list (as long as their friend's list isn't full) by simply sending them an invite to add you to their friends list. This will automatically put them in yours as pending. Scroll down to their name and press the triangle button to look at their profile and trophies. Voila.

When you are done, just delete them from your friend's list.

Definitely not convenient, but a decent enough workaround until such a thing is offered.

BTW: I see the Playfire PSN Gamer Tag has not yet been update with the % value versus the older bar level. I also suspect they are still using the wrong formula for calculating gamer levels above 8, but I'll check when I have more time.

It would be nice and convenient if there was an official one that is updated automatically, but there are unofficial ones that get the job done for the most part:
If I had made one of those early one, maybe, but I have 190+ trophies right now. I am not trying to remember them all. If my PS3's browser would not close when I tried to view trophies, then I might do it.

If I had made one of those early one, maybe, but I have 190+ trophies right now. I am not trying to remember them all. If my PS3's browser would not close when I tried to view trophies, then I might do it.

You might be surprised how fast you can do it. It took me only a few minutes to set mine up just now, and I have close to 200 trophies. Obviously the ones where you have only a few are very easy to add, but even the ones you have most if not all are also very easy to add. Simply add all the trophies for that game, and then delete the ones you still have to get. Also the ones for most of the PSN games are easy as there are usually very few trophies.

The only one that took me a while were the ones for Burnout Paradise, as there are many trophies in that game and I only have about half of them.

You might be surprised how fast you can do it. It took me only a few minutes to set mine up just now, and I have close to 200 trophies. Obviously the ones where you have only a few are very easy to add, but even the ones you have most if not all are also very easy to add. Simply add all the trophies for that game, and then delete the ones you still have to get. Also the ones for most of the PSN games are easy as there are usually very few trophies.

The only one that took me a while were the ones for Burnout Paradise, as there are many trophies in that game and I only have about half of them.
My issue isn't time, it is trying to remember what trophies I do and don't have on some of the more obscure games. If my PC and PS3 were next to each other it wouldn't be an issue, but there is a wall between them.

My issue isn't time, it is trying to remember what trophies I do and don't have on some of the more obscure games. If my PC and PS3 were next to each other it wouldn't be an issue, but there is a wall between them.
I understand, and while that would not be much of an issue for games that don't have many trophies, or ones you have earned the most or very few trophies. For ones with lots of trophies and you have about half of them, and have trouble remembering or recognizing the ones you earnd as listed in your trophy collection, then I can certainly see how that could make it less convenient. However, if time isn't an issue, and the only problem is remebering them from your list, you could always just write those trophies down and take that written list to your PC.

I suppose for others where time is an issue, don't have a laptop, and the PC is in another room, and they also have trouble recognizing the trophies from the lists, they could always just take a snapshot of their profile.

Personally, I have no interest in comparing trophy levels, but I do like having the option to see if my friends have a specific trophy, thus if I am having trouble with a particular trophy I know who to ask for help. 👍

Personally, I have no interest in comparing trophy levels, but I do like having the option to see if my friends have a specific trophy, thus if I am having trouble with a particular trophy I know who to ask for help. 👍

I like comparing trophies because they show how much of an e-badass I am. :dopey:

(Level 8, 374 trophies)

Not up yet, should be easy trophies. Anywho, I'm closing in on 400 of them thar little suckerz...

echochrome is also getting 1000 new levels. :eek:

Last edited:
echochrome is also getting 1000 new levels. :eek:
Yeah, the way they make it sound I think that instaed of downloading a bunch to your hard drive it will just access them from the server as you grab them.

So I guess we now get all the levels.

Dear lord Brain Challenge's trophies are hard!! (or am I dumb? Don't answer that.)

And now I suck at echochrome (I can't beat B-2, FFS.)

z0mg double post don't ban me

I got 5 trophies at the same time after beating 007 on the hardest difficulty:

1 bronze for finishing the last mission
1 Gold for finishing on the hardest difficulty
3 silvers for finishing each easier difficulty

Very rewarding if you like the trophy pop-up sound ;) I should have that sound for receiving messages on my mobile phone :P

Anyone know if Sonic Unleashed was patched already for Trophies?

Last I heard it was supposed to happen last week.

I don't know, but it seems awful. I hate to say it, but I think Sonic is finished. :(

Edit- The game shipped with trophies (Source: some random guy on some forum.)

Last edited:
The Fallout 3 trophie patch is now live. Here is a list of all the trophies aviable.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/trophy.php?forumid=134

I don't think that this patch is available yet in North America. Here is what Gstaff, a 'Community Manager' at Bethesda Game Studios posted at 9:46 am this morning:
"The UK patch should be the only one out at this time. I'm going to try to get more details today."

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=926324&view=findpost&p=13429374

In response to this post:
I doubt it. As far as I can tell from what others have posted, this patch just introduces trophies and fixes the notification bug/glitch on PS3. In a sense, it brings the game closer to the 360 version.

This same Gstaff responded with this reply at 2:29pm this afternoon:
"Pretty sure it fixes some other reported issues as well. As soon as I have more information to share, I'll let ya know."
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=926324&view=findpost&p=13430959

I've put a lot of hours into this game, and my character has been at Level 20 for a least a week. I'm putting off finishing the Main Quest because I'm having a blast finding different ways to accomplish various things. I guess I'll have to start a new character if I want to earn most of the trophies that will soon be available.

A lot of interesting tid bits were also revealed. The Trophy room, long assumed dead, has been placed on hold. Though Daniel Hill did assure us that 3D Trophies would happen in the future. Speaking of Trophies, it has been confirmed that Home will be able to read what Trophies you have and unlock content appropriately. Not only that, but Home will also be able to dish out its own Trophies, though there is no indication how those will work.

It's possible for future games to have this functionality built in, so that when you acquire a Trophy a message will pop up telling you what you've unlocked in Home. There's also the potential for in-game menus, taking you straight to a game's Home space. It seems that integrating the entire PS3 platform in this way is a large aspect of Home.

(source)

Back