Trophies (now with list of supported games)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 708 comments
Anyone here caught up to me yet? I'm not THAT far ahead, specially not in Uncharted, lol.
No, but I have passed you in PAIN.

As for getting everything in Uncharted, I need six more treasures and then beat the game on hard and crushing, plus a couple of performance ones, like grenade hangman.

That and PAIN are the only ones I feel confident in having a chance at getting 100% on so I may start switching those back and forth.

I got 2 trophies in Burnout in 1 minute :) Using a bike. No lie. At 7:29 and 7:30 :) Of course they are easy ones.
Same thing happened to me in Wipeout HD. I finished my first race with a gold and before it exited I went into photomode to check that out. I took a picture and got a trophy for it. Then after exiting photomode it registered my gold medal and gave me a trophy for getting my first gold (One Gold, 86 More To Go was the title I think).

By the time I finished Uplift I had 4 trophioes total. Once I improve my skills and feel confidant I can get golds on harder difficulties I will go back and see what else I missed.

I'm holding off on adding GTA IV to the list for now, it seems rather up in the air as to how genuine those are.

Regards

Scaff

I can say, however, that Capcom confirmed that there will be no trophies for DMC4 or Puzzle Fighter. SFII HD Remix is still up in the air.

Also, Mirrors Edge and Rock Band 2 will both have Trophy support.

Just in case you guys where wondering what the GTA IV trophies might look like:

Bronze Trophies:

* Walk Free -- You successfully lost a 4 star wanted rating.
* Courier Service -- You completed all 10 package delivery jobs.
* Retail Therapy -- You unlocked the special ability of buying guns from Little Jacob.
* Chain Reaction -- You exploded 10 vehicles in 10 seconds.
* Lowest Point -- You completed the mission "Roman's Sorrow".
* Order Fulfilled -- You completed all 10 Exotic Export orders.
* Manhunt -- You completed the most wanted side mission.
* Cleaned The Mean Streets -- You caught 20 criminals through the police computer.
* Fed The Fish -- You completed the mission "Uncle Vlad".
* It'll Cost Ya -- You made a taxi trip from one island to another without skipping.
* Sightseer -- You have taken all variations of the helicopter tours of Liberty City.
* Warm Coffee -- You were invited into your girlfriend's house.
* That's How We Roll! -- You unlocked the special ability of Brucie's helicopter ride.
* Half Million -- You have amassed a fortune of $500,000.
* Impossible Trinity -- You completed the mission "Museum Piece".
* Full Exploration -- You unlocked all the islands.
* You Got The Message -- You delivered all 30 cars ordered through text message.
* Assassin's Greed -- You completed all 9 assassin missions.
* Under The Radar -- You flew under all the main bridges in the game.
* Dial B For Bomb -- You unlocked the special ability of Packie's car bomb placement.
* Gracefully Taken -- You completed the mission "I'll Take Her".
* No More Strangers -- You've met all the random characters.
* That Special Someone -- You completed the mission "That Special Someone".
* Teamplayer -- You killed 5 opposing team members.
* Cut Your Teeth -- You were successfully promoted up a rank in multiplayer.
* Join The Midnight Club -- You won a multiplayer race without damaging your vehicle too much.
* Fly The Co-op -- You completed "Deal Breaker", "Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb da Base II" in time.
* Taking It For The Team -- You were on the winning team in all multiplayer team games.
* Top Of The Food Chain -- You successfully killed 20 players with a pistol in a deathmatch.
* Top The Midnight Club -- You won 20 different multiplayer standard races.
* Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic -- You won in all variations of multiplayer games.
* Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie -- You killed a Rockstar in multiplayer.

Silver Trophies:

* One Man Army -- You survived a 6 star wanted level for a full 5 minutes.
* Dare Devil -- You completed all the unique stunt jumps.
* Endangered Species -- You collected every hidden package in the game.
* Liberty City (5) -- Your friends all like you above 90%.
* You Won! -- You have completed the story.

Gold Trophies
:

* Liberty City Minute -- You finished the story in less than 30 hours.
* Key To The City -- You completed GTA IV to 100%.
* Wanted -- You achieved the highest personal rank possible in multiplayer.

Platinum Trophy:

* Taking A Liberty -- Sorry for taking liberties with your time!

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/10/01/trophies-grand-theft-auto-iv/

So what GTP'er has the most trophies? On my list it's Scaff who is almost level 5. I'm level 4. Haven't played Uncharted, Ferarri Challenge, Buzz: Quiz TV, wipEout, and a bunch of PSN games though.

So what GTP'er has the most trophies? On my list it's Scaff who is almost level 5. I'm level 4. Haven't played Uncharted, Ferarri Challenge, Buzz: Quiz TV, wipEout, and a bunch of PSN games though.

Most of mine coming from Uncharted, Burnout and Buzz (still a way to go to get to Jeremy Ricci's level.

Buzz is a bit easy on the whole, as most of them seem to consist of just playing the game a lot, two of the Golds have however been a pain to get.

Barnard Gold - 5000pts in a single player match. For this one you have to get every question right and score an average of 275 pts a question (which means answering within around 1.5 seconds for every question.

Lightning reactions - Answer three questions in a row within 0.5 seconds!!!

Finally got those two last night, and was damn happy to do so.

Burnout and Uncharted have both been a joy to get as well, given that both games are so much fun its been great going back over them again, and I still need to put more time in with both.

Its the PSN titles that get me, either I'm just totally rubbish at them (not that unlikely) or they have a disproportionate difficulty level attached to them for trophies. Pain, PJ Eden and SSHD just elude me in every way.

Warhawk and Ferrari Challenge I just haven't had the time to put any serious work into them yet.

Does make it fun revisiting games all over again, I just wish IW would have gone back and given COD4 trophies.

Regards

Scaff

Buzz is a bit easy on the whole, as most of them seem to consist of just playing the game a lot, two of the Golds have however been a pain to get.

Barnard Gold - 5000pts in a single player match. For this one you have to get every question right and score an average of 275 pts a question (which means answering within around 1.5 seconds for every question.

Lightning reactions - Answer three questions in a row within 0.5 seconds!!!
Come to America for a couple of years and hang out in bars playing Buzztime Trivia (that naming coincidence is hard to ignore, I must investigate). Looking at those two I am thinking that if I ever get Buzz! (my wife wants me to) that it should be fairly well suited for me. Oh those misspent college years hanging out in bars answering those questions.

---That reminds me, I was talking to Digital-Nitrate on PSN and he said to tell you that your Colin McRae quiz was very good, and he enjoyed it a lot. He also wanted me to pass on that he is alive and well, and hasn't left GTP, he's just been playing Buzz! with his family in all his free time. He even sent me a couple of pictures taken from his PS Eye. It looks like the entire group is getting in on it.

Its the PSN titles that get me, either I'm just totally rubbish at them (not that unlikely) or they have a disproportionate difficulty level attached to them for trophies. Pain, PJ Eden and SSHD just elude me in every way.
I haven't spent enough time with Pixel Junk Eden to get any trophies yet. In SSHD there are a handful of trophies that elude me as they require much more skill than I have.

PAIN is a different story. If you are able to unlock everything in the game then you can get most of the bronze trophies. A few bronze trophies require just some repetitive playing of multiplayer games. Those will be much easier to get once they get their online multiplayer sorted. The only Bronze that I am missing are some multiplayer ones and the every type of damage in all D-Town modes. That is too random to get by skill, so it is just a matter of lots of playing. Most of the silver trophies require a direct proficiency in one mode or another. So, for many people a few of them will be out of reach. It seems that some people are better at Mime/Clown Toss, others Spank the Monkey. The only one that requires 100% all-around skill is King of Pain, but it is gold.

Also, I think the reason why PSN game trophies seem disproportionately hard is that they do not get platinums (exceptions for full-content games like WipEout HD). So, in order to give a completionist trophy it has to be gold, knocking gold-level difficulty in individual skills to silver trophies and then the bronze are left with moderately difficult and easy or repetitive trophies.

It messes up the balance. I would really like to see Sony's rules for trophies just so I understand it better. I think making it public knowledge might tone down some of the complaints people give (or make it even worse). Many complaints, like "trophies for paid DLC? WTF!!!!" seem to lack even an understanding of what I have gathered: Base game is allowed X total trophy points. An add-on can have an additional X trophy points. The problem is that I think X is lower for PSN games so it looks like they put add-ons in the main list of trophies just to be greedy. I think that as we get into more new games with trophies and more added later with DLC that it will become more obvious how it works.

Anyway, all that was just to say that I think PSN games seeming disproportionately hard is more of an illusion due to the nature of the trophy system. They have less room to work with so they have to cut some of repetition and general gameplay trophies in order to reward skill.

Or I am completely off base and PSN game devs are just cruel. If that's the case I would have to laugh.

Trophies all have a point value. PSN titles can only have a set number of points, so they can offer a lot of bronze trophies and fewer gold and silver (PixelJunk Eden with 20) or fewer bronze with more gold and silver (Pain and SSHD with 17 each).

Their difficulty isn't really related to the lack of a platinum trophy, rather, the fact that they are small games that they want you to keep coming back to. It's a better deal to give someone trophies they can look forward to getting over time, as opposed to trophies that are easy to get and will take no time at all.

Basically, these developers want you playing the game for a while, it keeps you hooked, and eventually sets you up to buy more DLC if you feel you're getting your worth out of the game.

I've spent more time on PAIN and PJE getting trophies than I have in Burnout Paradise. Food for thought :)

I'm only a level 3 with 31 trophies. The only game I have played that supported trophies was Uncharted. I But since GTA IV might get trophies I'm excited. I'm also getting Little Big Planet and Call of Duty: World at War. I don't know if CoD will support trophies but hopefully it will.

Infinity Ward still hasn't put stock into the Trophy system, I see no reason for Treyarch do to the same, especially since they aren't really on the same level as Infinity Ward.

COD4 really should have trophies, it was like the best selling game of 08! and many people will be miffed as to why a game with such a large base doesnt get it where as smaller titles do.

Im also pretty sure Proloue will get trophies because there might be a trophy in GT5 for owning GT5P and vice versa. It is afterall and stand alone first party title so I dont see why not.

Robin

Im also pretty sure Proloue will get trophies because there might be a trophy in GT5 for owning GT5P and vice versa. It is afterall and stand alone first party title so I dont see why not.
Prologue getting trophies, maybe. The trophy in GT5 for having owned Prologue, definitely not. People already act negatively for having trophies attached to a $0.99 add-on. I could see riots for a trophy for spending $40 ($30 now) on another game.

Puzzle Quest doesn't have trophies. Linger In Shadows does (and they are extremely easy to get).

Also, the Car Combat game that came out also has trophies. If you are in the US, there is a section under downloadable games that actually has all games that support trophies.

Puzzle Quest doesn't have trophies. Linger In Shadows does (and they are extremely easy to get).

Also, the Car Combat game that came out also has trophies. If you are in the US, there is a section under downloadable games that actually has all games that support trophies.
The banner ads in the store also have a trophy icon in the corner if the game advertised contains trophies. So, if you see the ad you can know right then and there.

Here's a trophy update I didn't see coming:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/15/major-update-to-high-velocity-bowling/

High Velocity Bowling is getting trophies, online, and custom soundtracks.

BRONZE:
Score 180 or higher in an online game.
Achieve an online rating of 1600 or more.
Knock down a total of 500 pins in online games.
Get 10 strikes in online games.
Get 15 spares in online games.
Win an online game.
Play 3 online games.

SILVER:
Score 250 or higher in an online game.
Knock down a total of 5000 pins in online games.
Get 25 wins in online games.
Get 75 strikes in online games.

GOLD:
Get 150 strikes in online games.

Looking online I found this guy:

Pesico.png

He's on PS3trophies.org . I don't think it's literally impossible, as you can see he has 4 platinums. I'd say he has ~95% of all trophies available. He's like ST TheKing. I'll add him tonight just to see for myself :sly:

Oh, and is there a table that shows the value of each trophy and the algorithm for leveling up?

Uhhh, that's just a placeholder right? There is no way anyone is Level 8 yet. It's literally impossible.
Not literally. I just did a count based on the lists on allps3trophies.com and there are 418 available trophies, 425 in Japan (Mainichi issho has 7, JP only).

So, his number count is quite possible, but I do not know if the points tally to Level 8. He does have four platinums, and to my knowledge none of us have a platinum yet, so I have no clue how much that adds to the level.

Impossible no, improbable yes.

And after Eye of Judgment and HVB get patched tomorrow the total tally will be 469, 478 in Japan.

No, pretty sure it's impossible. I don't think anyone has reached the highest rank in Warhawk, which is the only way you can get the platinum trophy in that game. I don't have my copy right now, but I don't think there are any Generals yet.

Someone should add that guy to their friends list and check! I won't do it, because my friends list is already massive.

Back