UKGTP7 Results & Photos Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 313 comments
I reckon we're talking apples and oranges, Diego, and yet think we're talking about the same thing - easily done on the Net. I've been as clear as I can but still haven't quite managed to get my point across so I'll forget it as whatever I say seems to go awry.

It's a game after all, noone actually loses anything real when playing it, so a shrug of the shoulders and move on.

I think driving standards at these lan meetings, and i've been to 4 now, is very gentlemanly on the whole. There's pretty much an unspoken agreement where you make an overtaking move which results in contact, and could be deemed as unsporting, you slow down and let them back past you which seems to work well. You are never going to fully get rid of a little bit of contact - you just don't get the feedback from your 'virtual' car that you do in the real world which anables you to judge things like braking ability fully. I would also say that contact between lan competitors usually comes down to players taking different lines and using different racing techniques through turns which makes acidental contact very hard to avoid.

Well, i have an unspoken agreement with myself since it's usually me misjudging my braking distances. :dunce:

We should be thankful we have any results at all - the laptop that contained all of UKGTP6's Sunday results discombobulated and we never heard from them again...

Roo
We should be thankful we have any results at all - the laptop that contained all of UKGTP6's Sunday results discombobulated and we never heard from them again...

Which was intensely annoying. All I know from Day 2 is that VEXD won the Clio endurance.

Shock.

sarah wasnt there....

and as they didnt have my size, kendra didnt wanna be left out! plus she could only do back flips not cartwheels. would've looked untidy!

Yes, i'm actually a closet gymnast. Another one of my many talents.
Although if someone had provided a cheerleader outfit, I would've worn it :)

Yes, i'm actually a closet gymnast. Another one of my many talents.
Be careful what you wish for, we (the guys) might just bring a couple along on UKGTP ocho :D
You'd better start practising a routine!

AMG.

Yes, i'm actually a closet gymnast.
Surely its easier out of the closet? There can't be much room to twirl your legs inside of a closet.

Now you tell us. That's information we could have done with knowing earlier.

You'd better start practising a routine!
Pom poms out for the lads! :dopey:

cheerleader outfits for the girls.... oh yeah... and in the middle, Ben with his sumo suit!

Better not do that during a race

cheerleaders, nurses, closet gymnast etc...

I thought you guys came together to race :sly:

I was going to cartwheel across the hall, there was lots of room and it was almost overwhelming but I managed to contain myself :)

cheerleader outfits for the girls.... oh yeah... and in the middle, Ben with his sumo suit!

Better not do that during a race

As long as we don't end up being rammed from behind like happened last GTP, I'll bring an outfit, my 2 large pom poms and work on my 'routines'. Don't think I want to be top of the pyramid though - I'll leave that to someone else!! :)

oh, then I'm sorry, because I'm sure there'll be much more ramming at the next one... wink wink

especially from behind

Monday

Series Six - Classic Car Handicap
The same format as the first event of the weekend, only with slight tweeks.
Winner progresses TWO cars, instead of one (still switches LANs, still sits off the race)
Second place progresses ONE car and doesn't sit off (still switches LANs)
7 lap races

The new car list, chosen specially for the now-not-attending sukerkin was... Jaguar E-Type, Lotus Europa, BMW 2002 turbo, Alfa Romeo Duetto, VW Golf I, Isuzu 117 Coupe and, finally, Triumph Spitfire.

(During which Exelero won a race outright, and not on an easy track either)

Series Seven - Hot Hatch Mixer
The final event of the week, and back to the familiar format of the Mix'n'Match. This time the six cars were hot (and warm) hatchbacks - the Toyota Yaris Turbo, the Mini Cooper, the SEAT Ibiza Cupra, the Lupo GTi, the Peugeot 106 S16 and the joker of the pack... the Focus RS...

Did you get fed up with having to include all the details Famine??!!
Glad that very important detail is included in the middle tho!

So, uh, save an old man who hasn't been around for a while reading 80 odd pages of "UKGTP7 was 🤬 great!" (well, I tried) when exactly is "The Ocho", and where am I likely to have to I go?

Venari.
{Back from the dead and playing GT4 a lot again. Still crap mind. :) )

Back