Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
You think the oversteer in the game is bad, if I take all traction control off my car in real life it gets sideways immediately!

View attachment 1125339
ayeeee, nice whip!! I have a 328i myself (my third BMW after an E24 and E38 which I still own)

I'm waiting for the next content update. I have no reason to continue playing GT7 atm.
I've been in a particular GT club for over 10 years now, and managing it for the last 6 or 7... so I kinda have a responsibility to that community to get certain things done. So I'll be on GT every day for the forseable future.

I was actually gone from GT altogether after a year on Sport because the lack of a Track Path Editor nerfed our entire way of life, so we were on Assetto Corsa on PC the last 3 years.

I'm still stuck offline, even after patch and two game restarts
1647512474084.png

I don't mind the payouts being reduced on the grindy stuff. The game should just reward normal payouts for completing the missions/licenses/menu's. It's pretty obvious they are hoping to maximize the MTX profits, but let's not forget that the game isn't designed to own all cars in a month. It will run far longer than that.
I hate this logic and i wish people would actually think about what they are saying before they say this stupid line over and over. it doesn't matter if they game isnt supposed to be 100% in 1 month, at this rate you are literally spending 12+ hours to buy 1 car, 1 month or 10 years, 12 hours is 12 hours.

change that to just playing the game and you're looking at one car per month from the legendary list, very epic bro

But how much of that was grinding and how much was the 'story' of the game? I think I was on about 5-6m after doing the menus - I blasted through them without grinding any events until after that
oh, a lot of that was grinding. Cars I grinded hard for were the F40, DBR9, CTR3, and a few others I needed to own in order to test for club regulations.

I only have an issue with the payouts in regards to Legend Cars, otherwise I like that I have to spend a lot of effort to try to buy an LMP car for instance. I know that I will really appreciate it when I finally get it in my garage.

When it comes to Legend Cars I'm trying to have the mindset that this is a high-end collectors section for those that really want to dig into the game over time and be rewarded with something truly exclusive. There are plenty of expensive cars I would like to own from this shop but I'm not beating myself over it as there's way more cars over in Brand Central and Used Cars that interest me.

No more grinding on the Ranch. That's unfortunate.
I mean, it does still seem like a decently efficient place to grind. With clean race bonus, that 30K becomes 45K which is what you used to get for the SSR X event which was also one of the better grind spots… and that event takes nearly twice as long as the Fishermans Ranch one.

I find my motivation to save up for cars I want difficult when the only way is running the same events over and over - especially now that the duration that'll take has doubled
I understand. I am not one for grinding either, like I said before the payouts on the standard missions/licenses/menu's should be enough to buy certain cars. People quitting the game altoghether I dont understand though. There is still plenty to play for. Have you really completed the game already?

Can anyone log in?

I can't.

It's not letting me online at all. Just stuck on a screen with a little GT symbol in the bottom right corner with a spinning circle around it.

Is everyone experiencing this, or just me?

oh, a lot of that was grinding. Cars I grinded hard for were the F40, DBR9, CTR3, and a few others I needed to own in order to test for club regulations.
Exactly. I feel that the total payout for EVERY available event (single play through) should net enough to get most of the stuff you want. I haven't added it up, but given that the main menus pay out about 5-6 million I'd probably estimate all other events total maybe 2m more? So you're talking 8m from doing every single event once on gold - something that is out of reach of a lot of people from a skill perspective too.

The game is unbalanced for sure, this update has made that worse, and I hate to admit it, but it's pushing players more and more to buy credits...

I only have an issue with the payouts in regards to Legend Cars, otherwise I like that I have to spend a lot of effort to try to buy an LMP car for instance. I know that I will really appreciate it when I finally get it in my garage.

When it comes to Legend Cars I'm trying to have the mindset that this is a high-end collectors section for those that really want to dig into the game over time and be rewarded with something truly exclusive. There are plenty of expensive cars I would like to own from this shop but I'm not beating myself over it as there's way more cars over in Brand Central and Used Cars that interest me.
But this is a GAME - I don't play it to gawp at things I'll never own, a ticket to a car show is a cheaper way of doing that. I play a game to own the cars I can't in real life...

Same.

why would i spend real money on in game credits which i can farm in the game ? 2.5 € for 100k, if it takes me 10 min to get those in game i see no point buying it in store

I hate this logic and i wish people would actually think about what they are saying before they say this stupid line over and over. it doesn't matter if they game isnt supposed to be 100% in 1 month, at this rate you are literally spending 12+ hours to buy 1 car, 1 month or 10 years, 12 hours is 12 hours.

change that to just playing the game and you're looking at one car per month from the legendary list, very epic bro
Ah yes so because I have a different opinion it's completely invalidated because you think it's stupid :D.

But this is a GAME - I don't play it to gawp at things I'll never own, a ticket to a car show is a cheaper way of doing that. I play a game to own the cars I can't in real life...
Grinding is for real life job. Some would do something else but it's not that easy. Why having that in games?

ayeeee, nice whip!! I have a 328i myself (my third BMW after an E24 and E38 which I still own)

I've been in a particular GT club for over 10 years now, and managing it for the last 6 or 7... so I kinda have a responsibility to that community to get certain things done. So I'll be on GT every day for the forseable future.

I was actually gone from GT altogether after a year on Sport because the lack of a Track Path Editor nerfed our entire way of life, so we were on Assetto Corsa on PC the last 3 years.

Thank you, almost all BMW’s drive extremely well. I bought my wife a 340i, it’s quick as hell but cornering is only fairly decent. The F series M cars have a real tendency to break traction if you are not careful, probably the reason I feather the throttle in the game so much

It's just another example of how greedy and rotten big games companies have become.

All they care about is pushing microtransactions as much as possible and design games around this, rather than make games that aren't riddled with bugs and are actually fun to play.

R* are a prime example of this, PD have obviously taken a look at how much money they have made through Shark Card sales and wanted a piece themselves.

Only way to stop it is to NOT buy any virtual currency no matter how hard it is pushed. But alas, there's always a few whales who have loads of money and spend thousands, so games companies do it all the more... 😠

why would i spend real money on in game credits which i can farm in the game ? 2.5 € for 100k, if it takes me 10 min to get those in game i see no point buying it in store
Imagine you earn $200 per hour in real job. You don't need another job.

Back