Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
I'm personally not bothered too much by low payouts;I was never gonna grind anyway. And I'm never going to get MTX. They're ridiculous.

I think the best way to show a company you don't want MTX is with your wallets. I love this game and will keep playing it as is because I'm having fun. But if none of us buy cars in game with real money, that shows companies more than anything else. Hit them in the wallet

Kaz/PD are so out of touch with their fanbase it's not even funny. Instead of improving payouts they are decreasing it by half. I've lost the remaining little respect I have for them. They have joined the likes of EA/Codemasters in terms of milking their customers, while releasing a game with lots of bugs (and updates that create even MORE bugs) and lots of highly requested features/cars/tracks missing. Absolutely unacceptable.

Why is it so hard for Kaz to let people drive cars that they want in a driving game? If I just want to learn about history, watch videos or appreciate expensive unobtanium I'll just go on the internet. I don't need a game to do that.

@Jordan @Tidgney @TRL LIGHTNING @F4H Super GT I don't want to resort to begging but please use your influence & connections to let Kaz/PD know this is not OK, and they are risking ruining the reputation of Gran Turismo going forward. We as the community can talk all we want, but PD never listens to any of us "normal" players. We are just another zero in their bank account. We are not asking for all cars to be free, but some of us who fell in love with the series in GT1 now have families, jobs and other responsibilities. We cannot feasibly spend 20+ hours grinding a race just to afford one car.

For anyone who loves cars, driving and racing - I hope we can all be united in this and make a change for the better 👍

Thank you.
Also, something something, track path editor, something bla bla... Hoe come nobody in any media outlet has even ASKED THE QUESTION?!

WHERE IS THE TRACK PATH EDITOR?

Jesus Hussein Christ!!! It's been almost 5 hours and no sign of the game going back online. SMMFH
right the least they could due is not lie to us and say its going to be 2 hours.. some people really enjoy there video games and only have a certain amount of time a day to play im sure many people planned around the maintnence and were patiently waiting for well over two hours after they said it was supposed to be done

I think the best way to go about it is to have a system like the game Destiny for instance where you occasionally get a mission surrounding an exclusive weapon and you have to finish a set of challenges to get it. So in GT that could be specific race challenges that appear in Legend Cars beneath every car. For the F40 you might have to get a great lap time around Maggiore driving that particular car and for the Ford Mark IV you have to take it around Circuit de la Sarthe in a challenging overtake scenario. Or maybe it's a way more extensive mission system where you have to complete several steps that will take more than a day of gaming to complete. Just something that feels more dynamic and exciting and doesn't involve too much repition of already finished events.
I fully agree. Likewise if the credit situation was a lot freer flowing, but to get the rare cars you had to drive a certain number of miles for a particular marque. For example, you wanna buy a Porsche GT1 Strassenversion? Cool, rack up over 500 miles in various Prosches and you'll get an invitation to purchase it. How you choose to drive those miles shouldn't matter. It will still make the car 'valuable' to the purchaser, but the 'grind' can be done however they fancy.

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, FTP Euro and their lifetime warranty on all items (including wearables like oil, wipers, brakes, et al)?
i havent bought anything from them in years lmao..well this server maintnece is fck**n with us way beyond when scheduled ill have a conversation with anyone about anything lmao

Still no fix to be able to delete the save game then!!
Are you trying to restart from 0? I don't think that's going to be possible
Hey I just want to say something I understand the grind as hard to get money in the game I understand that polyphony digital wants people to buy micro transactions but don’t forget one thing as it stands now polyphony digitals planning to give us a lot of updates on the game which means that we won’t be paying for them so you have to give some to loosen so could we please stop bashing them
This is not an argument to me as this game has been released as an unfinished product. I'm only referring to the lack of content. It does not deserve the name 'Gran Turismo 7' yet. All the 'extra upcoming content' should have been included at release.

Gran Turismo 5 was the last good GT at release content wise that I can remember, I don't remember much about GT6 content at release, GT5 however was great at release content-wise. GT7 driving physics feel very similar to GT5 whereas GT6 and Sport were just too grippy. Never liked GT6 or GTSport physics wise, too much grip. Sport tyres feeling like racing tyres is not my cup of tea.

Here’s the thing though… eventually you’re gonna have bought all the cheap cars, and you’ll just be left accumulating credits with nothing to put ‘em towards until one of the hyper expensive cars reappears.

GT’s the kind of game you play for hundreds if not thousands of hours over the span of years, and with the way the economy’s tuned I think you’ll be able to handily afford everything eventually without having to grind it like it’s a full-time job.
So, the total cost of all the cars in brand central is 157 million (near as dammit) - so that's 157 hours of not spending a dime on anything else just to get those. That's making a HUGE assumption that the driving I'm doing is earning me the best cr/h available. What if I want to do races online in a lobby with friends? Payouts for that are ridiculously low - so by having fun I'm missing out on the progression... That's poor game design and I'm sick of trying to defend it in my mind...

right the least they could due is not lie to us and say its going to be 2 hours.. some people really enjoy there video games and only have a certain amount of time a day to play im sure many people planned around the maintnence and were patiently waiting for well over two hours after they said it was supposed to be done
As someone who works in IT and is currently troubleshooting an error during an update I can tell you it has nothing to do with lying...

It was kind of borring that it was only Fishermen that was worth grinding to be honest.

In my expirience it always come back to haunt a game if it tries to push mtx to early (It should not be necessary considering all players have just payed full price for the game). If a game first get the players hooked, and then after a years time start to push mtx, then it usually works better and players stick around.

Last edited:
OK, let's go! Time to add Suzuki Escudo? Toyota Minolta and GT-One? Other iconic cars from the franchise? Maybe a Double Money option in microtransactions? No!!! Let's nerf everything!!! Let the players play like slaves and leave the game out of boredom!

Let's say for arguments sake that the goal of the game, like some people have posited, is to collect all the cars, how many hours of grinding would that take now?
Playing extremely efficiently and only spending credits on cars, so no tuning, wheels or paints. 300+ hours of grinding (Assuming the payouts equal out to 1million per hour after the update. Playing sub-optimally who knows, eternity probably.

Fun fact: Where I live, if you had a job stacking shelves in a supermarket (minimum wage job) it equals out to 1million Cr per hour. But! you could buy much more than some pixels in a video game. Think I'll just quit GT7 and get a second job instead.

Hey I just want to say something I understand the grind as hard to get money in the game I understand that polyphony digital wants people to buy micro transactions but don’t forget one thing as it stands now polyphony digitals planning to give us a lot of updates on the game which means that we won’t be paying for them so you have to give some to loosen so could we please stop bashing them
Sure ... free updates with like 4 new cars that nobody will ever be able to drive unless you pay 30-130$ for microcredits for just 1 of them.

So, the total cost of all the cars in brand central is 157 million (near as dammit) - so that's 157 hours of not spending a dime on anything else just to get those. That's making a HUGE assumption that the driving I'm doing is earning me the best cr/h available. What if I want to do races online in a lobby with friends? Payouts for that are ridiculously low - so by having fun I'm missing out on the progression... That's poor game design and I'm sick of trying to defend it in my mind...
I mean, that seems perfectly reasonable to me? Again, this is a game meant to be played for a looooong time. Though I agree with your point that some modes have insultingly low payouts, or in some cases no payout at all… I’d like to see them address that.

Last edited:
my daily resets at midnight everydaybut that might be bacuse i started playing than when does yours reset

there great cars besides oil leaks.. i have a little used car lot and i buy alot of beemers the first thing i do is look at all the gaskets i can visibly see and ask whover is selling it how much oil does she use a month lmao
At midnight. It's 9.57pm in Melbourne Australia at the moment

I hate this logic and i wish people would actually think about what they are saying before they say this stupid line over and over. it doesn't matter if they game isnt supposed to be 100% in 1 month, at this rate you are literally spending 12+ hours to buy 1 car, 1 month or 10 years, 12 hours is 12 hours.

change that to just playing the game and you're looking at one car per month from the legendary list, very epic bro
And that's why we can't buy every car new, that doesn't mean it's ok to grind for like 8 hours to buy the xj-13. Probably not the most expensive car in the game and counting with the ferrari 250 gto, 330 p4, shelby daytona, mclaren gtr long tail and so many others than is it rather unacceptable, it takes that long to grind.
Plus take in consideration the customization, we know that some cars have wide body kits of 100.000CR and custom parts of 15.000CR plus the nitro systems, custom transmission, race tyres (that for some reason the race don't include them), turbos, etc.
Just to make a fully upgrades a car takes at least 300.000CR if not more.
They need to buff the custom races payouts by at least 5x, this is my solution.

It was kind of borring that it was only Fishermen that was worth grinding to be honest.

In my expirience it always come back to haunt a game if it tries to push mtx to early (It should not be necessary considering all players have juste payed full price for the game). If a game first get the players hooked, and then after a years time start to push mtx, then it usually it works better and players stick around.
If Fishermans was lowered but other things were raised to compensate, it wouldn't be as bad. But it just seems to be lower payout across the events mentioned.

Latest Posts

Back