Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
Playing extremely efficiently and only spending credits on cars, so no tuning, wheels or paints. 300+ hours of grinding (Assuming the payouts equal out to 1million per hour after the update. Playing sub-optimally who knows, eternity probably.

Fun fact: Where I live, if you had a job stacking shelves in a supermarket (minimum wage job) it equals out to 1million Cr per hour. But! you could buy much more than some pixels in a video game. Think I'll just quit GT7 and get a second job instead.
But will that second job have a sexy Jazz/Lounge soundtrack? No? Waste. Of. Time.

Just don't buy those ****** cr-packs.... The game by itself feels like it has enough of recycled content. The Special legendary dealer was ok / fine by me, even though the cost was high and the cars are only for a few days available.
what bothers me the most is that you can only have 20 million credits at max!!! Thats just awful... honestly i'm litterally thinking stop playing this game. Full priced game with mtx that easily surpass the price of the console+psplus+game itself if you really want a legendary car....

I wouldnt even mind about the payout of missions if there were online lobbys with random pp races, drop in drop out races, no host, after every race you vote for the next course and you get between 5 and 10.000cr!
But the Online Mode sucks, 100+ Lobbys with 1 or 2 players, most lobbys are only racing in gr3 or 4, why are there no normal lobbys like in wreckfest or other online games?

Daily races are boring after a while, always waiting for the next race to start, same cars/track the whole week, why even bother giving us 400+ cars if everyone only uses gr3 cars in online lobbys?
I hope GT7 doesent end like BF2042 and is dead within the first 2 months, because with everything the do right now i am afraid this is exactly what will happen eventually...

I mean, that seems perfectly reasonable to me? Again, this is a game meant to be played for a looooong time. Though I agree with your point that some modes have insultingly low payouts, or in some cases no payout at all… I’d like to see them address that.
300 hours to get every car in the game without spending anything on tuning and without doing anything but the most lucrative events seems reasonable to you?

Fair dinkum. You and I see it differently.

I would also, however, like to clarify that I am enjoying the game and am not about to put it down/ delete it etc. - I really like it, which is one of the reasons this irks me so much. I didn't manage to own any of the 20m cars in GTS and played that for a very large number of hours... I can't see me getting there in GT7 either. I don't want to have to 'manage my finances' in a video game, that's enough of a stress and ballache in real life, thanks

Microtransactions are optional.

Personally, I never buy that. I play. If it takes several weeks to get a car I want then so be it. I love GT7, so it's not a problem for me to do multiple races.

I prefer that PoDi offers us cars, tracks and events :)

My preference would be difficult races, possibly endurance races, that gives you enough to buy one of the luxury cars on offer.

This game is clearly ever evolving, and perhaps it is too early to judge it at its current state [it terms of payouts]

1647514989222.png

Here's a chart showing all the events and the change in payouts from pre-1.07 to post-1.07.

It goes well more than just being a "nerfing Fisherman's Ranch" situation. Its a pretty dire situation altogether.

Not a good look.

As someone who works in IT and is currently troubleshooting an error during an update I can tell you it has nothing to do with lying...

As someone who works in IT and is currently troubleshooting an error during an update I can tell you it has nothing to do with lying...
i understand what your saying and im sure its not intentional but if they anounce a specific time they shoudld have already had it implemented and tested ready to go before hand or id thats not possible just be a little more vague and dont anounce a time and you wont piss people off.... In my buisness what there doing thats called lying if i told a customer ill have your car back by 2pm after i fix it and than im 3 hours late so they missed work there going to be awful angry..

Last edited:
300 hours to get every car in the game without spending anything on tuning and without doing anything but the most lucrative events seems reasonable to you?

I would also, however, like to clarify that I am enjoying the game and am not about to put it down/ delete it etc. - I really like it, which is one of the reasons this irks me so much. I didn't manage to own any of the 20m cars in GTS and played that for a very large number of hours... I can't see me getting there in GT7 either. I don't want to have to 'manage my finances' in a video game, that's enough of a stress and ballache in real life, thanks
No, I said I agreed that some modes have insultingly low payouts that I’d like to see addressed. But yeah, if it takes 500-1000 hours to own literally every single car in the game by playing it normally and not just grinding the absolute most lucrative events, yeah I’m ok with that. Obviously you’re gonna prioritize buying your favorite cars first, so a lot of cars towards the back end of that collectathon is just gonna be for the sake of completionism.

Last edited:
View attachment 1125353

Here's a chart showing all the events and the change in payouts from pre-1.07 to post-1.07.

It goes well more than just being a "nerfing Fisherman's Ranch" situation. Its a pretty dire situation altogether.

Not a good look.
Aaaand my biggest worry has just been confirmed. PD adjusting the economy negatively, likely to make MTXs more appealing.

What a joke. Shame on PD and Sony.

A remarkably well reasoned take for these forums 😂

All people Stay toghter and play not gran turismo 7 for a week. Show that you not like like the Credit Management.
It failed becaucse 80%dont do that.
That is the mistake
We can't really change a thing imo.... we need to talk to content creators, magazines etc. that gave the game a good rating/review. If they change their score, then PD hopefully changes something in the game.
Right now they promise with new events, tracks, cars etc. but we haven't seen anything right now after ~2 weeks, not even a teaser for the next patch.
Online kinda broken, no more money (more grinding), gambling (kind of, because of the invitation that gives you exactly 0,-cr for a car, that you mostly do not want to buy) etc.....

Imagine they unintentionally erased all of our progress with this patch, and now they are freaking out because they cant roll back and now they looking for an excuse and thats why the servers are still offline :lol:

I still can't believe it. Is it real? They fix it the other way it was necessary?
My cynicism is also telling me that the next few rotations in the LCD will also contain some of the more expensive cars in the game that we've yet to see prices on. Obviously I have nothing to back this up, but it is a strong gut feeling.

Last edited:
I'm personally not bothered too much by low payouts;I was never gonna grind anyway. And I'm never going to get MTX. They're ridiculous.

I think the best way to show a company you don't want MTX is with your wallets. I love this game and will keep playing it as is because I'm having fun. But if none of us buy cars in game with real money, that shows companies more than anything else. Hit them in the wallet
Completely agree.
The only case i'd throw a couple bucks into the screen is only if PD equals amount of credits received in EU/US store with Japanese store.
Currently its messed up: you get 200 millions in Japan and 2 million in EU / US for the same amount of money.
(considering the fact that all cars in game combined right now cost 157 million, it would be worth the time).

Last edited:
Completely agree.
The only case i'd throw a couple bucks into the screen is only if PD equals amount credits received in EU/US store with Japanese store.
Currently is messed up: you get 200 millions in Japan and 2 million in EU / US for the same amount of money.
(considering the fact that all cars in game right now cost 157 million, it would be worth the time).
All prices in the Japanese version of the game are 100x higher though. It's effectively the same.

Aaaand my biggest worry has just been confirmed. PD adjusting the economy negatively, likely to make MTXs more appealing.

What a joke. Shame on PD and Sony.

Some payouts were observed as being comparatively way too low, Fishermans ranch was apparently way too high. Clearly these were errors in the first place, and now it reads like they're fixing them. Simple as that.

Completely agree.
The only case i'd throw a couple bucks into the screen is only if PD equals amount of credits received in EU/US store with Japanese store.
Currently its messed up: you get 200 millions in Japan and 2 million in EU / US for the same amount of money.
(considering the fact that all cars in game combined right now cost 157 million, it would be worth the time).
Prices in the JP version are higher than in the International versions of the game (1 credit in the International version is 100 credits in the JP version)

Last edited:
Completely agree.
As has been said, all the way back the Japanese games have had an economy multiplied out. It always works out the same cost.

I wonder what car constructors think when they gave permission to use their cars in the game, then PD makes them so expensive that only a microscopic fraction of the game players will ever be able to drive them.

What a wasted development effort.

Also: you pay up to 130$ in MTX for 1 car (let's say the Jag), after which you could possibly find out that the driving simulation s**ks and there is no right to return.

Back