Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
Grinding is for real life job. Some would do something else but it's not that easy. Why having that in games?
Exactly. I agree that we don't necessarily want every single car handed to us on a plate after 2 weeks, but realistically speaking how are any of us supposed to have enough credits for the XJ13 without spending hours doing the same events over and over? What's the jaffing point in that?

Exactly. I feel that the total payout for EVERY available event (single play through) should net enough to get most of the stuff you want. I haven't added it up, but given that the main menus pay out about 5-6 million I'd probably estimate all other events total maybe 2m more? So you're talking 8m from doing every single event once on gold - something that is out of reach of a lot of people from a skill perspective too.

The game is unbalanced for sure, this update has made that worse, and I hate to admit it, but it's pushing players more and more to buy credits...
idk about that, I'm morally against MTX so I wont buy them no matter what. I have few friends that do (maybe like two of them)
but, i'd rather grind custom races, get some sweet replays to take killer shots of.

What I really want to see more than anything in an update is to greatly increase the payouts of online races. I get they tried to eliminate cash farms by making online races not pay out at all, but they quickly reversed that in the first post-launch patch. But at least let me do my workout while free driving online like back in GTS.

They should make it so the no-autodrive setting for online lobbies works properly and make it so auto-drive enabled-lobbies get ZERO payouts. That way those that do races online with friends can grind together for cash, and the cash farms are also eliminated. win-win

Hey I just want to say something I understand the grind as hard to get money in the game I understand that polyphony digital wants people to buy micro transactions but don’t forget one thing as it stands now polyphony digitals planning to give us a lot of updates on the game which means that we won’t be paying for them so you have to give some to loosen so could we please stop bashing them

Nerf grind it's a bait for communities to waste time discussing.

When ithere are more important matters that we should complain and discuss, like broken loobies features.

Am I the only one very worried for the pyhsics fix. My main gripe with GTS and GT7 was how easy kerbs were already you can cut them like mad even before the patch. Angles and speed are important here I feel like the angle and speed you hit a kerb makes almost no difference. Which leads to extremely silly cutting lines being the fastest

It's just not realistic at all. Kerbs in general feel extremely wierd in GT games some you can just drive over like they are non existent when in reallife 2 wheels would be the max and some spin you out even though the normal racing line in reallife is completely on the kerb/greenstuff

Last edited:
Did anybody honestly think that having a race pay ~30,000/min of driving was intended?

Also, the game has been out 2 weeks - isn't that a bit early to be crying that you don't already own all the exotic cars in the game?
It’s blatantly obvious how the in game economy is set up and intended to work at this point. People are frustrated that it isn’t fun.

I don’t want to play a game for 200 hours and still be nowhere close to all the cars in the game. I play these games for fun and to drive cars I’ll already never get in real life. They’re hoping people just buy the currency instead.

Last edited:
My brother is Opel / Vauxhall car fan guy, when he saw there is none in the game he said i aint playing it.
and im sad there is no bmw m5 in the game
PD kills the opel / wauxhall brand.. maybe group vag pay some money to PD..

Hey I just want to say something I understand the grind as hard to get money in the game I understand that polyphony digital wants people to buy micro transactions but don’t forget one thing as it stands now polyphony digitals planning to give us a lot of updates on the game which means that we won’t be paying for them so you have to give some to loosen so could we please stop bashing them
The game in its current state is unacceptable, the races and other content that will be added in the future should've been there on release. I already did pay for them. I will not stop criticizing them for this heavily lacking game.

Thank you, almost all BMW’s drive extremely well. I bought my wife a 340i, it’s quick as hell but cornering is only fairly decent. The F series M cars have a real tendency to break traction if you are not careful, probably the reason I feather the throttle in the game so much
When I bought my F30, I chose the 328 because of lower weight and better fuel economy (thanks, Joe). It's incredibly fun to drive and toss around. Also, a few bolt ons and flashes can net it over 320hp without the weight penalty.

idk about that, I'm morally against MTX so I wont buy them no matter what. I have few friends that do (maybe like two of them)
but, i'd rather grind custom races, get some sweet replays to take killer shots of.
I'd agree with this if there was a decent payout for it, however you need to look at how much the XJ13 costs in terms of game-hours. It took me about 7 hours I think to do story mode, so that's 7 hours for 6m. Even if you average things up to 1m an hour (realistic given the new fisherman's ranch payouts) then that car alone costs 12 HOURS of my life. I have driven for about 15 hours in the game - TOTAL. As such I would, had a not bought a single thing in the game (impossible as it requires tuning) then I could only just afford the XJ13... That's not balanced right IMO

Only way to stop it is to NOT buy any virtual currency no matter how hard it is pushed. But alas, there's always a few whales who have loads of money and spend thousands, so games companies do it all the more... 😠
I think the 80/20 rule applies here... 80% of the revenues will probably come from 20% of the player base.

I will not pay for microtransactions and I dont mind being patient. I dont need to drive an F50 right away.

I'd agree with this if there was a decent payout for it, however you need to look at how much the XJ13 costs in terms of game-hours. It took me about 7 hours I think to do story mode, so that's 7 hours for 6m. Even if you average things up to 1m an hour (realistic given the new fisherman's ranch payouts) then that car alone costs 12 HOURS of my life. I have driven for about 15 hours in the game - TOTAL. As such I would, had a not bought a single thing in the game (impossible as it requires tuning) then I could only just afford the XJ13... That's not balanced right IMO
The way I see it, they're dropping these desirable and expensive cars in the Hagerty shop early on to nab all the early adopters who would pay for MTX. Meanwhile in past games, I always saw those cars as a long-term goal. When I had those 7.5M, I spent it on the Ferrari 250 GT Passo Corto because I'd have more use cases for that car in online lobbies.

And then I eventually got myself the Cobra Daytona Coupe when I had everything else I wanted and could save up 20MM in a few weeks of doing online races and seasonal events.

It wouldnt make sense to me to play through the campaign and spend all that money on a single car. But that's my own opinion. Who is gonna get an endgame car within the first week? I mean, some people would grind to do that, but that's not my style. I gave up on grabbing the F50 and GT1 Strassenversion because I wasn't gonna put in the time to grind for those cars in the few days before they go out of stock.

If anything, they'll show up again in a few weeks and if I got the cash, I'll grab one. Otherwise, I don't mind a half hour grind for the F40 or CTR3. One of which is limited time, the other of which will always be there.

And it's cool to get it early, I haven't seen a single CTR3 in online lobbies, and I don't even see any liveries for them or pictures of them when searching tags.

When you say a car is worth 12 hours of gametime, I get that. But I, for one, am not gonna put those 12 hours in consecutively.

Last edited:
When are the servers meant to be online? I have 3 hours to finish my daily work out
my daily resets at midnight everydaybut that might be bacuse i started playing than when does yours reset
When I bought my F30, I chose the 328 because of lower weight and better fuel economy (thanks, Joe). It's incredibly fun to drive and toss around. Also, a few bolt ons and flashes can net it over 320hp without the weight penalty.
there great cars besides oil leaks.. i have a little used car lot and i buy alot of beemers the first thing i do is look at all the gaskets i can visibly see and ask whover is selling it how much oil does she use a month lmao

Its very frustrating to see a plethora of events getting their payouts nerfed, most notably the Fisherman's Ranch event.

The economy beforehand was already being seen by many as a tedious grind, and punishing the players by making the grind even LONGER is a telling sign that the current market for gaming is really starting to creep its way in and becoming the normal in places where it absolutely should not be.

I can honestly see some players walking away from GT7 due to this.

We need Seasonals, Daily login bonuses, increased payouts for Sport mode racing.

I really, REALLY hope PD re-considers here. This is going to harm the game in the long term.

my daily resets at midnight everydaybut that might be bacuse i started playing than when does yours reset

there great cars besides oil leaks.. i have a little used car lot and i buy alot of beemers the first thing i do is look at all the gaskets i can visibly see and ask whover is selling it how much oil does she use a month lmao
Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, FTP Euro and their lifetime warranty on all items (including wearables like oil, wipers, brakes, et al)?

Slowdown on PS5 Trial mountain is gone in offline mode at least ( never tried it offline before today). I hope it stays that way online as it is one of my favorite nostalgia tracks

Hello, 9 years later and I'm back on this forum. Just wanted to offer a different point of view to what the general consensus is here.

I paid 20 pounds to get credits to buy the F40 and get a decent overhead, since I don't have much time to grind. Having said that, I recognize the blatant disregard to a fair payout the game is currently offering.

I'm glad there is a way to get a decent boost in credits for people like me.

Last edited:
But this is a GAME - I don't play it to gawp at things I'll never own, a ticket to a car show is a cheaper way of doing that. I play a game to own the cars I can't in real life...
For sure, but this balance has always been hard for Polyphony to pull off. When Kaz talks about car culture and recreating the excitement of real ownership and car collecting I don't think he always knows how to translate that into good game design. On paper it sounds nice to have an array of cars of various values and availability, but in a game scenario it often just means meaningsless repetition and exploitation.

I think the best way to go about it is to have a system like the game Destiny for instance where you occasionally get a mission surrounding an exclusive weapon and you have to finish a set of challenges to get it. So in GT that could be specific race challenges that appear in Legend Cars beneath every car. For the F40 you might have to get a great lap time around Maggiore driving that particular car and for the Ford Mark IV you have to take it around Circuit de la Sarthe in a challenging overtake scenario. Or maybe it's a way more extensive mission system where you have to complete several steps that will take more than a day of gaming to complete. Just something that feels more dynamic and exciting and doesn't involve too much repition of already finished events.

Kaz/PD are so out of touch with their fanbase it's not even funny. Instead of improving payouts they are decreasing it by half. I've lost the remaining little respect I have for them. They have joined the likes of EA/Codemasters in terms of milking their customers, while releasing a game with lots of bugs (and updates that create even MORE bugs) and lots of highly requested features/cars/tracks missing. Absolutely unacceptable.

Why is it so hard for Kaz to let people drive cars that they want in a driving game? If I just want to learn about history, watch videos or appreciate expensive unobtanium I'll just go on the internet or youtube. I don't need a game to do that.

@Jordan @Tidgney @TRL LIGHTNING @F4H Super GT I don't want to resort to begging but please use your influence & connections to let Kaz/PD know this is not OK, and they are risking ruining the reputation of Gran Turismo going forward. We as the community can talk all we want, but PD never listens to any of us "normal" players. We are just another zero in their bank account. We are not asking for all cars to be free, but some of us who fell in love with the series in GT1 now have families, jobs and other responsibilities. We cannot feasibly spend 20+ hours grinding a race just to afford one car.

For anyone who loves cars, driving and racing - I hope we can all be united in this and make a change for the better 👍

Thank you.

Last edited:
When you say a car is worth 12 hours of gametime, I get that. But I, for one, am not gonna put those 12 hours in consecutively.
I fully get that you wouldn't be doing them consecutively, but having to play for 12 hours to be able to buy every single one of those unicorn cars is absurd IMO - especially when the variety of events just isn't there. Add in to that the custom races don't pay very well anyway, so it'll take even LONGER to earn those credits and it highlights my issue. The Mercedes Baker-jobber is 20m credits. That's over 20 HOURS of grinding and not spending a single credit on anything else in the interim - because there's a 20m credit cap.

That's not right.

Exactly. I agree that we don't necessarily want every single car handed to us on a plate after 2 weeks, but realistically speaking how are any of us supposed to have enough credits for the XJ13 without spending hours doing the same events over and over? What's the jaffing point in that?
Here’s the thing though… eventually you’re gonna have bought all the cheap cars, and you’ll just be left accumulating credits with nothing to put ‘em towards until one of the hyper expensive cars reappears.

GT’s the kind of game you play for hundreds if not thousands of hours over the span of years, and with the way the economy’s tuned I think you’ll be able to handily afford everything eventually without having to grind it like it’s a full-time job.

Latest Posts

Back