Update 1.070.000 is live (Patchnotes inside)

• Thread starter Rivanov
  • 511 comments
Given the general state of the games economy before the update, I'm inclined to believe that these changes weren't rolled out with the pure intention of Goodwill.

Oh, I don't think there's any goodwill in it at all, nor do I think they were doing to change the overall economy of the game. They clearly made mistakes, and now they've fixed them. Some people took that personally.

FWIW... this was the payout rate during one of my play through's of GT League in GTS. Once I get time to get stuck into GT7 I'm going to see how it compares.

1647517328057.png

So first they downgraded the graphics, and now also the payouts? It also seems there is much less online activity in the game compared to GT Sport. I wonder what the player counts will be in a couple of weeks. Also the reviews should be updated with a warning because of the broken in game economy.

pretty sure were back i just got daily miles after offline time trial
nope just random daily miles.. Im throwing the towel in now im tired of waiiting i swear maintnence no matter what game it is always happens in my little 4-6 hour a day time span to play SMH... now i have to go to and if anyone ask why im in a bad mood this morning the answer will be case polyphony or i want my gran turismo NOW lmao 🤣🤣

PD turned 2+ years of hype in utter disappointment in just 2 weeks.

They are a fossil of the gaming industry whose only redeeming quality in Sony's eyes is not to make a good game, but to peddle microtransactions.

Absolutely regret buying this game for 80€ and i'm putting it down for the foreseeable future.
I think delays were a sign. PS3 was a start of long end. GT7 is completely out of reality game.

So first they downgraded the graphics, and now also the payouts? It also seems there is much less online activity in the game compared to GT Sport. I wonder what the player counts will be in a couple of weeks. Also the reviews should be updated with a warning because of the broken in game economy.
They downgraded the graphics? When?

If you play something like World of Warcraft, do you demand to be able to raid the hardest boss a couple of weeks after release, so that all players can enjoy the content? It wouldn't feel rewarding at all for the people actually working their way towards it. Most people playing WoW never get to experience that at all, ever.

Thing is, in something like WoW, after 50 hours playing, you are still getting new content and improving. In GT7, there isn't anything new to do after much less than this. Don't act like GT is like a MMO because it simply isn't.

Last edited:
Noz
Nice update, cant connect to the servers, 🙄 or are they still down?
They're still down here ---- they've been down for ages!
When the screen eventually loads the maintenance notice says due to complete at 0900 UTC - that was about 2 hours ago, but it still won't connect to the server.... 🥲

Hope servers still down, until lobbies get a fix for save/load track configuration, and a possibility to adress qualify in races.

Instead of this underhanded approach to MTX, why don't Sony and PD charge for DLC car packs? That way things don't come across badly and the community won't be on your back. They could give circuits free, so we can all play them online, but keep cars premium so you will have an additional revenue stream. I would not have an issue with that at all.
As someone who feels zero incentive to to buy the MTX, I prefer free cars over paid DLC.

My biggest gripe against the money system.

Is it is so unbalanced. Why do we always have to grind the most anoying stupid events to earn meaning full credits.

I dont mind if it takes a resonable amount of time to earn money to get cars. Its not fun like in Forza where you get all the cars handed to you.

Basicly it should be that in arcade or sports mode all cars where free to use, but not to own.

But in the campaign it takes a resonable amount of time to earn credits to buy and own cars that can be used in the campaign.

It should be a system , that when driving in the game no matter what mode, Multiplayer, sport, carrer, or arcade. Then the payouts was the same. That way anyone can play in there prefered mode and earn credits. and not being more or less forced to play some stupid events against their stupid AI.

What stings is that, other than the two that were clearly mistakes, all other races have been serverly nerfed... Not just a little bit, but most of them have been adjust by at least a third...
Because money BAAAAAD!

Unless you buy it with real money from PD, now thats good and all.

Last edited:
what also sucks is the music rally progression doesn't even save offline. I go off, then come back on to just drive a bit cuz im bored, and I can't continue where I left off because it doesn't save the progression I just made. It locks you out of a rally if you haven't completed the previous one

LOL, exactly, comparing MMORPG with casual racing game...
Raid bosses in WoW is a terrible analogy anyway. No one is complaining that the Final Menu book is too hard and should be nerfed because they paid $70 and therefore should get to experience the end game. They are complaining that being able to drive the rarest and most expensive cars takes too long.

Instead, they should have used the Brutosaurus as a comparison. People complained that it was removed too soon, only being removed to promote sales of the WoW Token. What ever opinion players held it was clearly meant as a gold sink, typically for players who have amassed vast amounts to dump some of their hoarded wealth. It also serves as a giant 'look at me' status symbol.

but the Brutosaurus came at a time when WoW was what 15 years old? The Jaguar for 12million was available to purchase within the first two weeks of release and is now unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time.

Latest Posts

Back