Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,449 comments
As you give 2 different answers I went and found this "The Weekly Challenges update at midnight local time on Wednesday evenings/Thursday mornings, with the next set due at that time on November 15/16"

So midnight on wednesday, local time (not sure what it means, local time = my local time I guess ?)

The Weekly Challenges update at midnight local time on Wednesday evenings/Thursday mornings, with the next set due at that time on November 15/16.
Yay, someone read the article.
local time (not sure what it means, local time = my local time I guess ?)
Local time is the time at a location, rather than converted to that of a different time zone. In this case it's the location of your console (or at least where it thinks it is...)

Unlike the UCD/LCD in GT7 - which update at midnight UTC and therefore the exact same time for everyone on the planet - the WC updates at midnight in the timezone set on the console itself.

So basically people from New Zeland could 'leak'
to the rest of us which events are for next week at noon on Wednesday UTC time, thats 13:00 for most of western and central Europe, 7am New York etc

So basically people from New Zeland could 'leak'
to the rest of us which events are for next week at noon on Wednesday UTC time, thats 13:00 for most of western and central Europe, 7am New York etc
Yup, and that's how the article appeared here two hours before they changed in the UK (and seven before the US east coast)...

Local time is the time at a location, rather than converted to that of a different time zone. In this case it's the location of your console (or at least where it thinks it is...)

Unlike the UCD/LCD in GT7 - which update at midnight UTC and therefore the exact same time for everyone on the planet - the WC updates at midnight in the timezone set on the console itself.
That's annoying. I enjoy my drinking game... ("take a drink every time @Famine says 'read the article' HOWEVER he words it (I've seen your sneaky attempts to say it in other ways! :lol: ) ;)

Anybody have video or screenshots? I've seen it mentioned just a couple times here, but most people seem to not have any issues receiving the rewards.

Some kind of evidence would be good to see. Might be able to get help or think of tips to try to resolve the problem.
I got the first reward but not the other two and i finished first in all of them...i was going to contact polyphony but the support link i found took me to the playstation site

The Fuji race I ran with the Sauber Mercedes on Inters. I believe all the others ran with wets. During the race, all the AI cars made about 4 pitstops & even on the second last lap when it was visibly drying on the race line & the AI cars were faster by about 4 seconds.

In the start I was slower as I was on inters but later I started getting faster while they kept making pit stops one after another.

Won Fuji by a 1:25 easily with many mistakes with the Audi on full wets. That thing is such an animal for long-ish races. The fuel savings alone with that car make it almost unbeatable it seems. (Not that it matters at Fuji)

Last edited:
Seems I am ahead of the curve in South Korea.
Is it bad taste to “leak” this? Oh well here goes. Another week of 0 new events and this time pure credit payout tickets. I really want to like these weekly challenges, but they’re making it increasingly hard to get exited haha.

Is it bad taste to “leak” this? Oh well here goes. Another week of 0 new events and this time pure credit payout tickets. I really want to like these weekly challenges, but they’re making it increasingly hard to get exited haha.
Nah.

Load of faff really. It's very PD to implement a promising feature that can make this game feel like a proper successor to the old ones, and then they do absolutely nothing with it and regurgitate Sunday Cups instead.
I don't like to be negative really but I don't understand how this company can consistently make incredible foundational systems and then fail to utilise them in any competent degree.

I don't understand how this company can consistently make incredible foundational systems and then fail to utilise them in any competent degree.
It is a total mystery to me and very frustrating.
I don't understand the image, 10M, 15M and 50M Cr rewards ???
Nothing new regarding the events but the prizes are huge, if it is that level of reward.

It is a total mystery to me and very frustrating.
I don't understand the image, 10M, 15M and 50M Cr rewards ???
Nothing new regarding the events but the prizes are huge, if it is that level of reward.
It's Japanese, their game currency is closer to Yen, so their credits are multiplied by 100 across the board compared to the rest of the word.

Last edited:
So 100k, 150k and 500k ? So lame...
Yep, quite lame indeed. I’m no fan of how the roulette system was created or implemented, but at least it has…potential? Just straight credits is really doing nothing to spark intrigue.

I’ve been playing GT titles since 2000. Never before have I been so curious to hear an explanation for decisions in a video game. “Why not create new events?” “Why not utilize the chili pepper races?” There has to be reasoning behind this, I just cannot fathom what that would be.

6* car ticket for completing all 5 events is great. 6* motor ticket... I don't want it but some people enjoy engine swaps (mine are collecting dust on the shelves).

Plain credit ticket is not very exciting. Especially when there is a glitch that gets met 1M every 20min...

That's annoying. I enjoy my drinking game... ("take a drink every time @Famine says 'read the article' HOWEVER he words it (I've seen your sneaky attempts to say it in other ways! :lol: ) ;)
Language warning . . .
Forgive the language but I think it's summed up by this part of Castlevania Nocturne:
1f468d3d4b5199bf65d2340c1ee01691950b6198.gif

If you're just looking to get it completed, try a Gr.2 car on full wet tires. I was able to do it pretty easily with the CLK-LM, didn't need to pit for fuel or tires. Saves a bunch of time against the enemy cars since they will pit.
Just did it as you said and won by 33 seconds ahead of second.
Thanks for a tip!

And got chance to open four 6 stars tickets:

I think some people have first in these races from past races they’ve done… you need to redo them and get 3rd or better for the rewards!

If only the PS had a function of screenshot or video recording to see the issues at hand…
I posted a video a few posts above of the issue. I got 1st in all the weekly events this week, even though I already completed them in the past before the Weekly Challenge. I didn't get any of the rewards this week. It's definitely a bug and apparently I'm not the only one 🫤.

As somebody pointed out, maybe it was because I received my Daily Workout ticket after completing the final event. But that still wouldn't make sense because earlier in the week I did 3 events in one day and still didn't get the first 2 rewards either.

I hope it gets fixed because doing the weekly challenge will keep me coming back, at least for a little while.

It's a shame there's nowhere I can find to report this bug to Polyphony...

For those who haven't started the WTC900 book - does it makes the challenge basically unbeatable?
It's pretty much a non-issue as starting the book has the same requirements as making the Weekly Challenges available: completing Menu Book 39 and watching the ending movie...
And having a Collector Level of at least 39.
 - The following Menu Books have been added:
  ・Menu Book No.48: 'World Touring Car 900' (Collector Level 39 and above);
  ・Menu Book No.49: 'Nations Cup' (Collector Level 50 and above);

"0 new events" includes a WTC 900 race, not introduced until the same update that introduced the "Weekly Challenges" and a WRC race at Lake Louise that also was not available before said update.

Also, 750,000 Cr. isn't exactly "huge", though it is better than 300,000 Cr. and most of the engines available (Week 1), or 200,000 Cr., parts and a "cheaper" tier-3 car (like the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren I got on the GTP account, Week 2).

"0 new events" includes a WTC 900 race, not introduced until the same update that introduced the "Weekly Challenges" and a WRC race at Lake Louise that also was not available before said update.

Also, 750,000 Cr. isn't exactly "huge", though it is better than 300,000 Cr. and most of the engines available (Week 1), or 200,000 Cr., parts and a "cheaper" tier-3 car (like the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren I got on the GTP account, Week 2).
Sure, but why would you, 3 weeks after the update launched, want to specifically showcase events that people probably would've done in the 3 weeks since the update launched? It's a big update, so people are likely to have gone through the things that were added in such a long amount of time.
Even ignoring that, the WTC900 event is one of the ones that most people are pretty much have guaranteed to have done, as it's part of the WTC900 menu book. The Trial Mountain one is less likely to have been done by people, as it's not part of the book, but wasn't picked here.

It's odd decisions all around.

Sure, but why would you, 3 weeks after the update launched, want to specifically showcase events that people probably would've done in the 3 weeks since the update launched? It's a big update, so people are likely to have gone through the things that were added in such a long amount of time.
Even ignoring that, the WTC900 event is one of the ones that most people are pretty much have guaranteed to have done, as it's part of the WTC900 menu book. The Trial Mountain one is less likely to have been done by people, as it's not part of the book, but wasn't picked here.

It's odd decisions all around.
It will be 2 weeks since 1.40 dropped come tomorrow, not 3. Despite playing every day except two (one of which is today, with it being mid-afternoon as I type) since, I haven't started the new Menu Books on the GTP account as I have been focusing on the Master Licenses, Weekly Challenges, and Manufacturers/Nations Cups there, and I still have 2 new races (and all the Master Licenses) left on the Plus account despite focusing on the new races and Weekly Challenges exclusively there.

It will be 2 weeks since 1.40 dropped come tomorrow, not 3. Despite playing every day except two (one of which is today, with it being mid-afternoon as I type) since, I haven't started the new Menu Books on the GTP account as I have been focusing on the Master Licenses, Weekly Challenges, and Manufacturers/Nations Cups there, and I still have 2 new races (and all the Master Licenses) left on the Plus account despite focusing on the new races and Weekly Challenges exclusively there.
Sure but it'll still be the same events when it is 3 weeks, bar a day. Same concept.

Sure but it'll still be the same events when it is 3 weeks, bar a day. Same concept.
As you're whining that "people are likely to have gone through the things that were added in such a long amount of time" now rather than a week from now, and if one first does the event as part of the Weekly Challenge, one doesn't have to do it twice, the 2-week mark is the appropriate one.

Back