Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,469 comments
The prizes this week works for me as I'm tired of repetitive grinding and I still need credits after the Spec II update. At 15 million now from 3 million post-update
I make 1M every 20min without even being in front of the screen, so I am looking for challenges whose main interest is not some credits. The surprise aspect of tickets is more appealing to me. Next week maybe ?

Need to check this week's new challenges, except the one on Lake Louise, there may be some I have not already achieved.

I make 1M every 20min without even being in front of the screen, so I am looking for challenges whose main interest is not some credits. The surprise aspect of tickets is more appealing to me. Next week maybe ?

Need to check this week's new challenges, except the one on Lake Louise, there may be some I have not already achieved.
Forgive me for not knowing, but how? I need money.

Are these weekly races stay after week is over?
Are they even brand new or just picked from existing ones?

Are these weekly races stay after week is over?
Are they even brand new or just picked from existing ones?
Yes and no, to both.

The races in Weekly Challenges are mainly selected from the race already available in World Circuits, although it's possible - as we saw with the first set - to have an all-new race too.

Where the races are already in World Circuits, they don't go anywhere whether they're in Weekly Challenges or not. Those that are new for the Weekly Challenges go away after that set ends.

I'm having fun doing the 900pp challenge with the Porsche 919. Put RH on it and tweak the settings to get it down to 899pp. Then run the race with fuel @ 6 and you can easily do the 10 laps at Suzuka no-stopping. The hybrid battery power more than makes up for the lower engine power running on lean fuel to no-stop it.

A copy-paste error. Also... someone read the article?!

You pretty much should do by the time you finish the GT Cafe Menu Books - which is the first pre-requisite.

Collector Level 39 I think requires a Car Collection value of 31,900,000cr and (although I'd need to sit and add up a worst-case scenario for the three-option tickets) you'll be not a huge distance away from that in car and cash value just by completing the GT Cafe Menu Books, and all the various tickets you'll collect along the way.

If I recall correctly, I was at CL37 when I completed the GT Cafe Menu back a couple of days after launch, with 90-odd reward cars (some from licences, I concede) plus whatever I'd bought and with a few million credits, without doing anything other than Menu Books and licences. That was without all the additional rewards now in the Extra Menus (again, I don't think you'll autocomplete any from GT Cafe Menu progress, but a couple look like they'd only need a low-value car or two in addition to your own rewards to complete them) and without the additional earning potential of Circuit Experience; it's not super complicated to pick up another 3.45m of cars from there - less so now.

Yeah, again, that's not massive. You've got seven days to do three (or fewer) races to finish that menu book. I recall a lot of people complaining that the races are too short in menu books.

In any case it may be all moot; I can't check - because the various test accounts aren't at the finale and my main account is way beyond the requirements so it's obviously accessible on that - but the game may well display the race under the special circumstance of it being a Weekly Challenge. We're only assuming it might not because of the Extra Menu thing.
Glug glug... takes a drink :lol:

Tried the 3rd challenge, on Lake Louise with the 205, on AT... BAD IDEA ! That car does not upshift correctly, stuck most of the time in 2nd... Impossible to progress.

Much better on 2nd try with the old Celica, at least that car upshifts. Finished 2nd but with a bit of practice I can win.

I dont see old events being used in weakly challanges as a bad thing, they Will just make them replayable, but hopefully pd do,expand on it in the future

Hey guys good news, I just did the 1st weekly event and I DID actually receive the reward, unlike last week. So off to a good start 😬 (plus a 6 Star daily workout ticket was a nice bonus. Maybe as a sorry from PD after getting no rewards last week 🙃)
With all the rewards, clean bonus and tickets I got around 1 million in 35 minutes. No complaints over here.

Last edited:
Why am I finding Lake Louise so challenging? I can't even keep up with the 18th place car. As soon as I slow down for a corner, the car then doesn't want to accelerate properly and then I lose time. Is there a technique that needs to be employed?

Tune a 95 GTR to the appropriate level (600pp?) and put snows on it. Short shift and you can win just in the straight speed alone. Brake very early.
Why am I finding Lake Louise so challenging? I can't even keep up with the 18th place car. As soon as I slow down for a corner, the car then doesn't want to accelerate properly and then I lose time. Is there a technique that needs to be employed?

Last edited:
On AT I've tried first with the 205 (why not, don't have many cars that I can use for this event) but this car has a hardtime upshifting in the snow, barely managed to go into 3rd, so a lot of wheel spinning and not much speed in the fast sections.

Switched to the Celica and almost won first try.

I had the exact same problem but after turning off Traction Control I got p1 on first try.

Which car are you trying to use? I completed this with the NSX Gr.B pretty easily. Adjust the forward/rear differential bias to suit your driving style, I did 45/55.
On AT I've tried first with the 205 (why not, don't have many cars that I can use for this event) but this car has a hardtime upshifting in the snow, barely managed to go into 3rd, so a lot of wheel spinning and not much speed in the fast sections.

Switched to the Celica and almost won first try.
I tried this race with the Celica first, didn't seem to want to pull for me and only managed P4 or P5.

Cars I used to complete the requirements:

Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '89 / CS (stock) 3rd
Mercedes-AMG GT S '15 / SH (stock) 1st
205 Turbo 16 Evolution 2 '86 / S (tuned 562.85pp, slower than stock) 2nd
Demio XD Touring '15 / CM 3rd

WTC900 menu yet to be started

962 C '88 / RM (stock) 2nd

Last edited:
I went with some old classics this week. '97 Civic for Tsukuba, 911 GT1 at Catalunya, lovely convertible Corvette '58 in the desert and the Quattro in the snow. All stock, just switched to snow tyres for the Audi. To complete the set I'll likely use either the Gr2 F1 or CLK at Suzuka.

Hah I also used Civic '97 on Tsukuba :)

Camaro Z28 '69 tunned to 600pp with SS tires on American Sunday cup 600

205 T 16 Evo 2 '86 on Lake Louise

911 GT3 (996) '01 tunned to 700pp on Catalunya

WTC900 still to be done and I'll be using Lexus RC F GT500 '16

I have the most fun trying different cars every week.

I also do all the races in the series of each challenge with the same car per series.

I also do all the races in the series of each challenge with the same car per series.
Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

I stupidly chose my challenge car for the WTC 900 at Suzuka as the BAC Mono. I struggled but it was annoyingly possible but not quite. I was too stubborn to give up so completed many races nearly getting it, no stopping with loads of fuel saving, halfway stop with less saving...
In the end I managed 2nd and was happy.
So I challenge anyone to try and get 1st. Tune it up as much as you like.
I am not into fuel saving with the gear changes so that could be the way to get 1st in the BAC Mono, I just did loads of lift and coast.

Cars I used for this week’s races. :)

Japanese FF Challenge - Honda Integra Type R ‘98

American Sunday Cup - Chevrolet Corvette (C4) ZR-1 ‘89

World Rally Challenge - Ford Mustang Gr.B

Schwarzwald League - Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion ‘97

World Touring Car 900 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 ‘16

Back