Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 4,478 comments
I stupidly chose my challenge car for the WTC 900 at Suzuka as the BAC Mono. I struggled but it was annoyingly possible but not quite. I was too stubborn to give up so completed many races nearly getting it, no stopping with loads of fuel saving, halfway stop with less saving...
In the end I managed 2nd and was happy.
So I challenge anyone to try and get 1st. Tune it up as much as you like.
I am not into fuel saving with the gear changes so that could be the way to get 1st in the BAC Mono, I just did loads of lift and coast.
challenge accepted training GIF

i can do it on easy, right?

challenge accepted training GIF

i can do it on easy, right?
Oh I dont know what I had it set on. It was difficult challenge, it maybe difficult on the easy setting.

Edit, checked my offline settings and its on Easy.

Edit 2: didnt install nitrous.
Had everything else.

Last edited:
Which car are you trying to use? I completed this with the NSX Gr.B pretty easily. Adjust the forward/rear differential bias to suit your driving style, I did 45/55.

I tried this race with the Celica first, didn't seem to want to pull for me and only managed P4 or P5.
I used the Celica. Changing the bias to 45/55 did the trick. Thanks. I also changed the final drive to the max.

I'm having fun doing the 900pp challenge with the Porsche 919. Put RH on it and tweak the settings to get it down to 899pp. Then run the race with fuel @ 6 and you can easily do the 10 laps at Suzuka no-stopping. The hybrid battery power more than makes up for the lower engine power running on lean fuel to no-stop it.
I used the TS010 on RM. One stop on lap 5, FM1 all the way.

Tune a 95 GTR to the appropriate level (600pp?) and put snows on it. Short shift and you can win just in the straight speed alone. Brake very early.
I'm sorry about this comment, I was wrong. I didn't realize we were talking about the new weekly challenge at this point and the GTR isn't it. Def the NSX. That thing is an animal at LL. Easy easy easy win once you figure out the snow dynamic.

The weekly WTC900 event is not available to me. From comments above, I see that Menu Book No.48: 'World Touring Car 900' is for Collector Level 39 and above (which I don't think I have). If this is why I can't do the weekly event it would be helpful if the game at least told me that or better still make the weekly events standalone and not depend on other progress.

Collector Level 39 and above (which I don't think I have)
If I were you, I'll avenge myself by grinding Daytona in a custom race, and with the quickly incoming Ms of credits, I'll quickly up my collector level.

Did the 4 of the 5 I could do today. Still haven't completed the Fuji SF race so unable to do the last race. Oh well. I wish they made new events for the week. Much better than rehashing content.

Week 3 (09/11/23)Recommended PP1st ResultClear Result
Japanese FF Challenge450Honda Fit Hybrid '14 (391.20pp)Honda Fit Hybrid '14 (391.20pp)
American Sunday Cup600Challenger R/T '70 (499.99)Challenger R/T '70 (499.99)
World Rally ChallengeGr.B lockedGenesis Rally Car (568.72pp)Genesis Rally Car (568.72pp)
Schwarzwald League700BMW M3 '07 (549.83pp)BMW M3 '07 (549.83pp)
WTC 900900BMW McLaren F1 GTR (854.80pp)BMW McLaren F1 GTR (854.80pp)

This weeks clears. WTC900 is nothing special - I was able to clear the Trial Mountain one with no issues with a turbo'd BRZ but no such joy at Suzuka, so it's just whatever I used to clear it first time round.
Similar deal with WRC, but that's locked to Gr.B so whatever, not much room to play around with.

Schwarzwald League was the biggest surprise to me. I started at 650pp, beat it and found it was way too easy - so I dropped it to 600, then 575, then 550 - and I still think I could go lower. Insanely easy event, I'm not on earth sure what the difficulty level there is meant to represent because the FF Challenge and Sunday Cup events are again genuinely harder to beat with an on-par car.

Last edited:
Just tried again - all wins but records me as only getting 3rd, no completion awards received at all
I see you mentioned in an earlier post on Thursday when this current week's challenges (Nov - Week 3) started, so I'm guessing that's what you meant by again.

Have you experienced this other weeks?

Another user here didn't get rewards from last week's challenges, but did get them this week.

Might be a better use of time if someone doesn't receive the reward for completing the first event to skip that week's challenges until PD can address this bug.

I can't enter WTC 900 event!
I'm on book 42, Gr1 950 - don't know how to upgrade gr1 car.
Tried with audi r18 but no luck.

Schwarzwald League was the biggest surprise to me. I started at 650pp, beat it and found it was way too easy - so I dropped it to 600, then 575, then 550 - and I still think I could go lower. Insanely easy event, I'm not on earth sure what the difficulty level there is meant to represent because the FF Challenge and Sunday Cup events are again genuinely harder to beat with an on-par car.
Do you remember what the 'lead car' was on the German event? I vaguely remember when I did those races, the difficulty would almost exclusively depend on how much HP they would have.

Last edited:
Just apropos of the Six-Star (Car) ticket a couple of weeks back, my five were:

Aston Martin Valkyrie
Aston Martin DB100 VGT
Ferrari LaFerrari
Lamborghini Veneno
Toyota FT-1

And I got the Toyota. Which is handy as that was the only one I didn't already own. I can't remember who was asking about that sort of thing, but it may have been @Eggstor.

(yes, I only just redeemed it)

Last edited:
Just apropos of the Six-Star (Car) ticket a couple of weeks back, my five were:

Aston Martin Valkyrie
Aston Martin DB100 VGT
Ferrari LaFerrari
Lamborghini Veneno
Toyota FT-1

And I got the Toyota. Which is handy as that was the only one I didn't already own. I can't remember who was asking about that sort of thing, but it may have been @Eggstor.

(yes, I only just redeemed it)
I don't quite remember asking (my memory isn't what it used to be), but it's good to see you got what you needed out of it.

Have you started menu book 48?

@zaxs this is the solution. You don't have to COMPLETE it, you only need to START it. Once started, return to the weekly and it will launch w/out issue.

Had the same issue and asked in the forum as well. This was covered in the weekly update that is posted here. So, 'Thank You' is in order. I now have confirmation that I was not the ONLY person who missed that.😁

:cheers:

No idea...

... but I wouldn't go in expecting Invite cars to be included. That said, I don't recall if people have won Invite cars from regular six-stars or not (I think that they have; I recall an FXXK) so maybe.

You should read GTPlanet more, as we covered this with the update itself and the first set of events (twice), as well as in the article for this week's.

Nine of the ten events so far have been existing ones, with only the Porsche "Special Event" last week being a unique creation.
Yes, normal 6 star tickets can awards invite-only cars. That's how I got my first Veyron.

I'm having fun doing the 900pp challenge with the Porsche 919. Put RH on it and tweak the settings to get it down to 899pp. Then run the race with fuel @ 6 and you can easily do the 10 laps at Suzuka no-stopping. The hybrid battery power more than makes up for the lower engine power running on lean fuel to no-stop it.
The 919 is a beast on that race. I ran a no-stop race on RM tires with FM 2 for a fairly easy win.

ΟH!!! Thank you very much.
You can just start MB 48 and then go do the weekly. You do not have to complete 48 in-order to get to the PP900 race. Though, there's some great races in there so why not?

I ran the RC-F with the high rpm turbo upgrade which puts the car in the PP871 range, I believe. Ran FM3/4 on RM's for 6, FM1 on RS's for the last four. Could probably run FM3 for the whole race and still be just fine...838hp is too much fun to resist, tho. 😁

Made it a great race since I was able to reel in P1 by lap 8. Really, really good time driving through traffic to the checkered flag. Also, to those who haven't completed the CE for Suzuka, it's a great time to knock that out, too. 👍

:cheers:

Last edited:
Start the menu book.
Thanks ill give that a try

Why am I finding Lake Louise so challenging? I can't even keep up with the 18th place car. As soon as I slow down for a corner, the car then doesn't want to accelerate properly and then I lose time. Is there a technique that needs to be employed?
I watched a ghost lap of one of the top time cars. It helped me a lot.

Still need to beat the WTC900 race. Tried it a few times over the weekend but kept spinning out when I put on a fresh set of tires. My caveman brain forgets that the tires need to warm up before I can really get on it. I guess I'll have to do this tonight before it expires.

Am I missing something? Challenge ends tomorrow and I cannot do the final one. I got P1 and Clean Race in the other 4 so no idea lol...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 17.43.52 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 17.43.52 (1).jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 13
Still need to beat the WTC900 race. Tried it a few times over the weekend but kept spinning out when I put on a fresh set of tires. My caveman brain forgets that the tires need to warm up before I can really get on it. I guess I'll have to do this tonight before it expires.

Try the Porsche 919.....put it on RH tires and tune it down to 899pp. Plenty of grip.

Back