::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 1 | Results Pending :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,044 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL RESULT, YET NOT OFFICIAL. (stewards are looking at replays to make sure everything is correct)

WSGTC Round 1. Official Suzuka Qualifying

* = clean
* = pending
* = dirty

GT500​

D1.1: 1:57.323* - tony1311 - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
D1.2: 1:57.997* - GTP_Sigma - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
D1.3: 1:58.192* - Minion07 - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
D1.4: 1:58.403* - XsApollo - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
D1.5: 1:58.633* - chorda - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
D1.6: 1:58.787* - NilsUrban - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D1.7: 1:58.827* - Paginas - Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R

D2.1: 1:58.972* - JPzer - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D2.2: 1:58.988* - C-Falcon89 - Honda RAYBRING NSX
D2.3: 1:59.054* - Johnkiller2 - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
D2.4: 1:59.236* - Nycrom - Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
D2.5: 1:59.467* - Wardez - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
D2.6: 2:00.028* - Centura - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
D2.7: 2:00.275* - Vagabone - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R

Waitinglist:
1: 2:00.373* - OwensRacing - Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
2: 2:00.885* - faqoldschool - Honda TAKATA DOME NSX
3: 2:01.288* - wilhelm1098 - Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
4: -:--.--- - GTP_monoha - Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

GT300

D1.1: 2:05.437* - Moleman - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.2: 2:05.612* - KamyKaze1098 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.3: 2:05.742* - GTP_Senninha - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.4: 2:06.153* - GTP_afican_kat - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D1.5: 2:06.220* - eppe00 - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D1.6: 2:06.404* - Neomone - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
D1.7: 2:06.620* - GTP_Aizen_93 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08

D2.1: 2:07.471* - Bakugekiki - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D2.2: 2:08.553* - HortusIX - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
D2.3: 2:08.649* - SteelToedSloth - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
D2.4: 2:08.678* - Shrugging_Atlas - Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
D2.5: 2:10.036* - maximus254 - Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '08
D2.6: 2:10.475* - GTP_Aderrrm - Toyota APEX MR-S '00
D2.7: 2:15.471* - ffocus2008 - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06

Waitinglist:
1: 2:23.663* - donoman3000 - RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Bakugekiki, everything correct now? :)

I'll make another correction to that listing, and thanks for correcting my name! I was actually using an ARTA Garaiya '08 not the '03 as stated.

It's great to see we have a full grid, and I feel slightly sorry for the few that didn't make it. I'm slightly worried about leading the formation lap but I'm glad I'm on pole!

To think about when you lead your pack thru the formationlap.

1. Keep an EVEN speed (the exact speed to keep is in the OP)

2. Keep your pack 10 seconds behind the GT500 pack

3. Pole car (you) ALWAYS take the inside lane relative to turn 1.

And look in your rear view mirror, seriously, to make sure people aren't falling behind.

If people can't keep up with a car driving at 90kph, they have issues. While keeping an eye on your rearview is always good advice, there's not really anything you can do if people start dropping back on the formation lap. Maintain your correct speed, and wait for them to sort their crap out and catch up.

And look in your rear view mirror, seriously, to make sure people aren't falling behind.

No, don't look in your rear view mirror. Just follow the steps stated and nothing that might go wrong will be on you. It's up to each driver to make sure he do not fall behind. That is not the pole cars responsebility.

EDIT: Imari was quicker :)

If people can't keep up with a car driving at 90kph, they have issues. While keeping an eye on your rearview is always good advice, there's not really anything you can do if people start dropping back on the formation lap. Maintain your correct speed, and wait for them to sort their crap out and catch up.

Well, yeah, if he's really maintaing speed at 90 kph, then it won't be necessary. That haven't been the case in my races so far.

Last edited:
Sure, if you don't mind. When's the next event?

Correction: No, I can't put you up on the waitinglist since you are not an official driver.

Read the OP to find out how to register. But I belive the sign-ups are closed at the moment.

Just an observation...

Looking at the GT300 grid, it's kind of :( to see it so heavily dominated by the new RX7s and the Gariaiyas.... Kudos to GTP_Aderrrm for sticking by the clearly underpowered APEX MR-S! I fear that even my CELICA will have a tough time keeping pace on the faster tracks, unless of course Neomone proves me wrong...

• 6 RE Amemiya RX7 '06
  • 5 Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08
  • 2 Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
  • 1 Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03
  • 1 Toyota APEX MR-S
  • No RE AMEMIYA RX7 '03
  • No CUSCO Subaru '03
  • No Cusco Subaru '08
  • No Lexus Weds Sport IS350

Thanks Denilson, everything is perfect now.

Also, thank you everyone for the rolling lap tips. I'll be sure to keep them in mind, I'm sure I'm capable of holding a constant 55MPH! Though it does seem counter-intuitive, to me, that the pole sitter would start on the inside. But I suppose it will make sense in some way!

I have, however, experienced one formation lap. I had to lead that one as well, though that one was lined up rather than staggered.

It might seem late but how many laps are we doing exactly? I know the distance, 150KM, but it would be nice to know how many laps that converts to. I'm guessing it would be 40-43 laps.

Last edited:
Just an observation...

Looking at the GT300 grid, it's kind of :( to see it so heavily dominated by the new RX7s and the Gariaiyas.... Kudos to GTP_Aderrrm for sticking by the clearly underpowered APEX MR-S! I fear that even my CELICA will have a tough time keeping pace on the faster tracks, unless of course Neomone proves me wrong...

• 6 RE Amemiya RX7 '06
  • 5 Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08
  • 2 Toyota WEDSPORT CELICA
  • 1 Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03
  • 1 Toyota APEX MR-S
  • No RE AMEMIYA RX7 '03
  • No CUSCO Subaru '03
  • No Cusco Subaru '08
  • No Lexus Weds Sport IS350

I was hoping for the Lexus IS350 to be competitive with the new HP limiter. I should check a few pages back to see if anyone did any testing...

I was hoping for the Lexus IS350 to be competitive with the new HP limiter. I should check a few pages back to see if anyone did any testing...
I don't understand how the HP limiter has any effect under current rules which do not allow for any modifications to increase power... :confused: Am I missing something here?

Correction: No, I can't put you up on the waitinglist since you are not an official driver.

Read the OP to find out how to register. But I belive the sign-ups are closed at the moment.

You wouldn't mind popping me on the waiting list would you? :sly:

Thanks Denilson, everything is perfect now.

Also, thank you everyone for the rolling lap tips. I'll be sure to keep them in mind, I'm sure I'm capable of holding a constant 55MPH! Though it does seem counter-intuitive, to me, that the pole sitter would start on the inside. But I suppose it will make sense in some way!

I have, however, experienced one formation lap. I had to lead that one as well, though that one was lined up rather than staggered.

It might seem late but how many laps are we doing exactly? I know the distance, 150KM, but it would be nice to know how many laps that converts to. I'm guessing it would be 40-43 laps.

If you're on the outside, they will most likely try to break late to overtake you in first corner. EDIT: I looked at the video in the OP. The pole sitter has inside lane relative to turn 1.

Wikipedia is your friend. 150 / 5.807 = 25.8308937

Last edited:
If you're on the outside, they will most likely try to break late to overtake you in first corner. EDIT: I looked at the video in the OP. The pole sitter has inside lane relative to turn 1.

Wikipedia is your friend. 150 / 5.807 = 25.8308937

I realised I made a stupid mistake, I did check the distance of the track but I attempted to divide miles into kilometres! So we're doing 26 laps under race conditions with an extra lap added for the rolling start?

I realised I made a stupid mistake, I did check the distance of the track but I attempted to divide miles into kilometres! So we're doing 26 laps under race conditions with an extra lap added for the rolling start?

Correct 👍

maSonn09: I'll put you up.
Need to know what car and what class.
In the list you are in the GT300's, but i think you did a few races in a GT500 as well.. So which class will you do.. Remember, this is your choice for the whole season.

I did, and so did some others.

If you do equal PP, it's not competitive, but it's dubious how well PD have implemented the PP system anyway. If you do equal power/weight, it gets trashed by pretty much every other car.

It's marvellous to drive, but it's noticeably slower in a straight line despite having equal power and weight. I don't know why. The sensible answer is probably something about aero efficiency, but I suspect the real answer is probably someone at PD fat-fingered something somewhere.

It needs special attention to develop a power/weight bonus for it that would make it equal with other cars. Of course, that's very difficult to do even for one track, let alone ten. And then there's the problem of confirming your results with others, etc, etc.

It's a shame, because it's a lovely looking car and lovely to drive. It's just not fast.

I don't understand how the HP limiter has any effect under current rules which do not allow for any modifications to increase power... Am I missing something here?

You're not missing anything. The championship is still running under pre-1.06 rules. No upgrades, no downgrades, no nothing. There will be a MASSIVE announcement if anything gets changed. You'll know about it.

Denilson here to fill in for Masi_23.

OP updated!

Make sure to read EVERYTHING carefully 👍

There will also be more updates later on regarding the penaltysystem and a few rules regarding the online qualy. (everything went fine this time, but we (stewards) did pin point a few holes that we might run into in the furure unless we do something about it.)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
We (stewards) belive that one or more cars was not legit during this qualy.
That's why the grid results are not yet final.

Do I need to say that NO modifications what so ever is legit?

In the online lobby, we can't police the minor details regarding increasing enginepower or running with illegal upgrades. However, by looking at replays (that's what we are doing at the moment) we can clearly see if someone is running an illegal car. It shows pretty obvious if you know what to look for.

I also need to state that nothing is confirmed yet. But we are looking in to it at the moment. We will let you know the final qualy results within 12 hours.

Last edited:
Wow, the season opener on Friday is gonna be hectic. There were a few things on my mind that i just wanted to put out there:

-Since everyones pace is similar i think overtaking will or should take place on the 2 straights. This is of course if the pace with your opponent is similar. Sometimes because of the exaggerated slipstream, the chasing car will probably be given the impression that he can breeze past, but i dont think its safe to overtake anywhere else besides the 2 straights.
Of course if u see your opponent make a mistake that slows him down an overtake elsewhere might be possible.

- a particular corner worries me from previous races on Suzuka.
Its the fast corner that leads to the chicane. For some reason when a driver uses slipstream to get on the INSIDE lane ALONGSIDE his opponent, the driver on the outside does not back out or tap off which usually results in a race ending crash.
If a driver does get DIRECTLY ALONGSIDE us on the INSIDE lane, we will have to tap off and give advantage the him.
U can re-pass on the next straight anyways.

-Another thing that concerns me is that when 2 drivers are having a battle a 3rd driver will use slipstream to try and overtake both, which usually leads to nothing good.
Maybe on Monza's straight yes, but i dont think Suzuka will allow this

-Of course if it is the last few laps, u might consider one of these riskier overtakes, which is understandable, but keep in mind also that this is a championship and the aim is to collect valuable points which build up race by race.

We should all have fun this season and we will all make mistakes during the season, but i think if we keep a 'championship mindset'( sometimes better to settle for points rather than none), we can avoid some mistakes. :)

Last edited:
Based on the final results I am actually kicking myself, 1 tenth off D1...
Honestly I don't agree totally that not all Gt500 or Gt300 drivers qualified can't race in the same race... This qualifying system it's fantastic, but all we know that there were drivers very fast yesterday: Johan for example, if a driver have a problem during the qualifying and can't do your best lap but a lap time right to qualifying for the race, for me it's without sense him can't have the opportunity to win the race starting for example from the 10 grid spot.
Johan know now that him will can drive perfectly for all the D2 race but will be 8th to the best. And this just cuz there are 2 division separate. I dont agree this format with this kind of qualifying that I like. Two separate division was ok with the old qualifying format. This is my personal opinion and sorry for my English.

Honestly I don't agree totally that not all Gt500 or Gt300 drivers qualified can't race in the same race... This qualifying system it's fantastic, but all we know that there were drivers very fast yesterday: Johan for example, if a driver have a problem during the qualifying and can't do your best lap but a lap time right to qualifying for the race, for me it's without sense him can't have the opportunity to win the race starting for example from the 10 grid spot.
Johan know now that him will can drive perfectly for all the D2 race but will be 8th to the best. And this just cuz there are 2 division separate. I dont agree this format with this kind of qualifying that I like. Two separate division was ok with the old qualifying format. This is my personal opinion and sorry for my English.

I think thats why its so great. The added pressure makes it difficult to qualify.
I now run my first lap with a safe margin, so i know i have a good enough lap time so i can give my best in lap 2.
Its like in Formula 1 at Monaco when they had the 1 lap qualifying. If you make a last time spot you knew you wouldn't win that race.

This one was good for me. I manage to get between the 2 aliens of GT 300. :dopey:

Yeah agree with Kamy, ok Johan had a problem to do with his wheel, as opposed to running wide or off circuit, but that can happen to anyone. It's entirely possible the leader of the championship might bin the car on both of his qualifying laps half way through the season - we can't then say "Oh it's ok, you're a quick driver, in you come anyway!" Imo if you mess it up, you mess it up, and it will probably come to haunt every one of us at some point during the season.

Yeah agree with Kamy, ok Johan had a problem to do with his wheel, as opposed to running wide or off circuit, but that can happen to anyone. It's entirely possible the leader of the championship might bin the car on both of his qualifying laps half way through the season - we can't then say "Oh it's ok, you're a quick driver, in you come anyway!" Imo if you mess it up, you mess it up, and it will probably come to haunt every one of us at some point during the season.

i agree with Kamy and Andil - this type of qualifying is real world stuff, and is super exciting and tense.

The aim is to put in a banker (safe lap time) on the 1st flyer and then go kamikaze (excuse the pun:) ) on the 2nd.

Totaly agree 👍

Lol Kat. No worries. :sly:

I went really Kamikaze on the 2nd lap, and i was sliding all across the track and that was a bad lap. Good thing the first was quick.

I didn't know johan had problems in his wheel during qualifying. I'm sorry for that.
But then again, it happened before in real life people not qualifying for "mechanical" reasons. And other people may have problems to some time during the season. i know Sigma has some brake problems in his car:sly:, while i have some shifting issues sometimes:sly:.

I'm sorry for you Johan.

Don't misunderstand me, I like very much this qualifying format is very exciting! What I would like say is that in any race a very fast driver can make a little mistake during the qualify. But don't start in another division race, like anyother qualified driver him will have the opportunity to win the race. Here is impossible. I know that are the rule and I respect this rule. But in any race category the last qualified drive race with all other drivers.
EDIT: in the real SuperGt the two category GT500 and GT300 race together but all the cars togheter, here is impossible, and 50% of the race is decide during the qualify..I don't understand why..just for see on the track Gt500 and Gt300..beautiful but no more exciting for me.

Last edited:
Don't misunderstand me, I like very much this qualifying format is very exciting! What I would like say is that in any race a very fast driver can make a little mistake during the qualify. But don't start in another division race, like anyother qualified driver him will have the opportunity to win the race. Here is impossible. I know that are the rule and I respect this rule. But in any race category the last qualified drive race with all other drivers.

👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back