::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 3 | French GT (SIGN-UP NOW!) :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 285 comments
I'll host a session from 21.00 pm (GMT) until deadline. Room might be up from 20.00 pm (GMT) if I get home early. I'll post the roomnumber when the room is up (between 20-21.00 (GMT)).

ive just got in from work, just gunna chill out watch some ross kemp (lol) in afghanistan then i shall set up room for people and myself to qualiy :)

I'm reminded of how much I hate the track again. One mistake and your toast. Two places where you can barely overtake in the front and back straights, but you have to be right up on the guy in front of you to do so. Trying to pass into the chicane is a deathtrap because we get a concrete wall instead of an open area to bail out into when it goes wrong, but I guarantee half a dozen people try to pass there and cause accidents.

I'm just hoping to finish the race in one piece, and write this off as one of the two races of the season that don't count towards final points. Gotta make the effort for Team WedsSport though, make them RX7 and Garaiya drivers sorry they chose the wrong car. ;)

Edit: And setup for anyone who wants it is here.

Aero: 35/47
LSD: 7/26/13
Ride Height: -17/-19
Springs: 11.6/10.4
Extension: 4/5
Compression: 3/4
Anti-roll: 4/5
Camber: 2.3/1.5
Toe: 0.0/0.0
Brakes: 7/7

Last edited:
I'm reminded of how much I hate the track again. One mistake and your toast. Two places where you can barely overtake in the front and back straights, but you have to be right up on the guy in front of you to do so. Trying to pass into the chicane is a deathtrap because we get a concrete wall instead of an open area to bail out into when it goes wrong, but I guarantee half a dozen people try to pass there and cause accidents.

I'm just hoping to finish the race in one piece, and write this off as one of the two races of the season that don't count towards final points. Gotta make the effort for Team WedsSport though, make them RX7 and Garaiya drivers sorry they chose the wrong car. ;)

AMEN 👍

have just done quali (thx paginas) and im so upset with myself. on the thirdlap my mom entered my room and i got distracted and missed my braking point into the chicane:banghead: lost a second or so :( so it was 2nd lap there counted in the end. i took it very easy on that lap to have a time and i needed it. btw hopes my second stay and i keep out of the wall for the race.

@ Denilson - if you got the current provisional qualy results, send it to me so i can create a spreadsheet 👍

@chorda, please enter my time in the spreadsheet when you get a chance, I qualified about an hour ago with a 1.40.27* , you were watching. Thanks.

not able to qualify today and have had no practice time on the track recently. can i wait-list for GT300 or do i need to bail on the race this week? how full is GT300?

thanks,

-d

Question about race rules.
If, during the race you miss your breaking point and you cut a corner (chicane number 10, the tight turn after the tunel) but there is no one around / no incident, what are the consequences ? This corner is kind of a gamble and with used tyre it might happen.

I don't find that its perfectly clear in the OP, so i am asking for a clarification.

P.S Usually when you come too fast and cut this corner you actually lose a lot of time.

Ty

JP

Question about race rules.
If, during the race you miss your breaking point and you cut a corner (chicane number 10, the tight turn after the tunel) but there is no one around / no incident, what are the consequences ? This corner is kind of a gamble and with used tyre it might happen.

I don't find that its perfectly clear in the OP, so i am asking for a clarification.

P.S Usually when you come too fast and cut this corner you actually lose a lot of time.

Ty

JP

If you miss your braking spot, nothing will happen.

But if you "miss" your braking spot on a regular basis, a penalty can be given.

Translation= If you cut a corner by mistake, nothing will happen.
If you cut a corner repetedly to gain time, you will be penalized.

Btw, do you know what happened to your friend DaSixSixOne yesterday? I have not seen any quali time for him..

Last edited:
not able to qualify today and have had no practice time on the track recently. can i wait-list for GT300 or do i need to bail on the race this week? how full is GT300?

thanks,

-d

It's 6 spot left in the GT300 race at the moment. If you want to know how the grid looks and how many drivers that have done quali, chock the spreadsheet.. I belive Masi put it up in the OP recently. 👍

Btw, do you know what happened to your friend DaSixSixOne yesterday? I have not seen any quali time for him..

I was observing his quali and as soon as he started his first flying lap I got disconnected because of 1.08 and a system update.

But on the other hand. Quali's officially done, I'm leaving the room Denilson set up, i kicked all the stragglers in it so we don't have some hostile take over of d-bags.

And JP. So close! ...so close

no idea, i will try to get in touch with him.. i am guessing that since we are only 11, he will be able to start at the back of the pack

Quali. room:

1472 6118 3701 4256 7800

Well with incredible luck, somehow, as soon as SixSix started his first flying lap I was notified through PSN that I needed to update to 1.08 kicking me out of the room.

Hopefully SixSix reads this and heads to the new room. Sorry about that!

And if anyone else wants to quali. they can come right in and take a whack at it 👍

EDIT:

Room's closed, hitting the sack now. Gonna quali. up tomorrow bright and early. Should be exciting!

I was observing his quali and as soon as he started his first flying lap I got disconnected because of 1.08 and a system update.

But on the other hand. Quali's officially done, I'm leaving the room Denilson set up, i kicked all the stragglers in it so we don't have some hostile take over of d-bags.

And JP. So close! ...so close

no idea, i will try to get in touch with him.. i am guessing that since we are only 11, he will be able to start at the back of the pack

Hey Guys,

Just seeing this and I didn't know Wardez didn't observe my lap. I did save my replay though and ran an embarrassingly slow 1:36.244 and it's no problem if I have to start dead last. Just wanna run with you guys tomorrow, ok?

JPzer... thanks for the recommendation and man, you've gotten even faster!

Latest Posts

Back