You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,206 comments
I remember reading about that ZiL for the first time in a book I bought about the history of Soviet cars, and thinking how decidedly un-communist it was. I always thought it bore a vague resemblance to the Shelby Cobra, though.

speaking of shelby's AC cobra's what bout the Chevrolet cheetah which never gets talked about ever, its disproportionate but neat in a funky mid 60's ( VW baja bug era) hot-rod way over-sized hot-wheel's car

-> I know its a common place here in the US, but I would never think that there is a Euro version of the Caddilac Eldorado:

cadillac_eldorado_1994_grau_front.jpg

cadillac_eldorado_1994_grau_heck.jpg

cadillac_eldorado_1994_grau_innen.jpg

:boggled:

tumblr_luj2dd676l1qzzmkno1_500.jpg

synergy2.jpg

96ford_synergy2010_3.jpg

96ford_synergy2010_5.jpg

This is the Ford Synergy 2010. A 1996 concept from Ford that looked forward with hybrid technology in mind.

Not sure if many are aware of this Camry Coupe.

toyota-camry-13.jpg

I seriously want one.

Beige in 2 doors LOL. I would guess the Camry Solara replaced it.

I dont know if you guys have heard of this one. Saleen Made a tuner Explorer both in V-6 and V-8. The V-8 had a supercharged option as well.

saleenxp8---01_450.jpg

Damn that is sexy^^^

They are awesome the down side is they are "glass slipper" cars if you need replacement parts they are not around. Saleen makes none of the parts for them anymore. I still want a 5.0 on so I can turbo it LOL

They are awesome the down side is they are "glass slipper" cars if you need replacement parts they are not around. Saleen makes none of the parts for them anymore. I still want a 5.0 on so I can turbo it LOL

Haha right. I'd imagine there would be some aftermarket for it though.

I'd feel so much happier about that if the Explorer was better looking.

Meh, can't win 'em all.

I actually quite like it. The rims are sexy. It's mostly stock though (visually).

^I am not worthy of 2.2 :C

...yet.

Maybe some of you heard of this baby, but it's a new find for me as I'm not that familiar with classic cars.

Maserati Khamsin:

The Maserati Khamsin (named after the Khamsin, a hot, violent wind in the Egyptian desert) was a sports car introduced as a Bertone prototype in the autumn of 1972 at the Turin Auto Show.[2] In 1973 it was put on display at the Paris Motor Show, where it was badged as a Maserati. Production of the vehicle started in 1974. [1] The car had a front mounted 4.9 litre V-8 delivering 320 hp.The engine however was pushed back as far as possible so it would be able to fit a spare tire for more room in the trunk. The Khamsin now had housed in bodywork that resembled a lower, flatter Ghibli, designed by Bertone. Production of the Khamsin ended in 1982, with only 430 vehicles produced. One of those was delivered to Luciano Benetton in 1981. 155 were brought to the United States.
The Khamsin had several unusual features, such as DIRAVI power steering, with higher than usual assistance for parking, decreasing with speed, and a glass rear panel (between the taillights) below the rear window, giving reverse visibility surpassing most cars, especially similar sports cars. Also, the Khamsin had features like hydraulic seats and an adjustable steering column, which were innovative features at the time. Air-conditioning was standard on the Khamsin.

IMG_9044.JPG

78_Maserati_Khamsin_DV_05_Scars_06.jpg

m61469.jpg

77_Maserati-Khamsin-DV-12-Ci-0001.jpg

Theres something that looks really similar to that at a shop near me.^^^

-> Well our popular FWD Scion coupe is now available overseas for the 1st time!

Toyota Zelas (aka. Scion tC)

2.5i M/T (South America Model)
foto_06.jpg

foto_07.jpg

^ All Zelas models (except in China) does not come with a glass roof unlike its Scion sibling. But unlike the Scion, it has a rear windshild wiper!

2.5i (UAE-spec)
Body Kit exclusive in Middle East only... (even the tC doesn't have this)
2011-toyota-zelas-dubai.jpg

2011-toyota-zelas-dubai-8.jpg

...and leather seats! Way-wha!?
2011-toyota-zelas-dubai-3.jpg

^ Sadly, it only came as an A/T. :indiff:

2.5L Premium (Chinese version)
Toyota_Zelas_2011_009_350305_m.JPG

toyota-zelas.jpg

^ In this version it has the Euro-spec rear-foglights (exclusive), tC's glass roof, rear windshild wiper, and a push-button start.

-> If ever I had a 2nd-gen tC, I was planning to re-badge the thing into Toyota Corolla Sport XRS (the 'Sport' badge will be sourced from the RAV-4 Sport). Oh well, that went out the window...but the tC fans will have a bit of a field day!

:)

Last edited:
Don't know if thats a repost, but I was surfing "auto-motor-sport.de" some time last year, which is one of the larger german car magazines....they ran a story about secret BMW prototypes.....man if some these would have been built......

M5-Cabrio-Heckansicht-19-fotoshowImageNew-83cc31f0-619616.jpg

M5 Cabrio

05-11-BMW-M-GmbH-Prototypen-BMW-M3-Touring-E46-19-fotoshowImageNew-56141908-498160.jpg

E46 M3 touring

05-11-BMW-M-GmbH-Prototypen-BMW-M8-19-fotoshowImageNew-e62054b3-498131.jpg

a real M8, with 600hp V12 according to them. I've always liked the 8-series, but the engines were a bit wet. With this though...note the differences in the bodywork.

Here is the full story, if anyones interested:http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/die-geheimen-bmw-m-modelle-m-renner-die-nie-gebaut-wurden-3766155.html

Last edited:
When they opened up the basement to show off those cars I almost had a full on sexual reaction to the pictures :D :D

.. what's disappointing though, is some of the cars that are down there didn't get so much attention, and there aren't any pics or details, like the lightweight E63 M6, and the E53 X5M.

you mean this one?:sly:
05-11-BMW-M-GmbH-Prototypen-BMW-X5-LeMans-19-fotoshowImageNew-cebcc528-498136.jpg
....yes it's got to be one of the most insane cars BMW ever built.:drool:

They didn't run this story once only, its been cannibalized over and over again, every time with focus of some other cars....i showed this one, cause it had the most pics i could find quickly

Back