You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,206 comments
you mean this one?:sly:
05-11-BMW-M-GmbH-Prototypen-BMW-X5-LeMans-19-fotoshowImageNew-cebcc528-498136.jpg
....yes it's got to be one of the most insane cars BMW ever built.:drool:

They didn't run this story once only, its been cannibalized over and over again, every time with focus of some other cars....i showed this one, cause it had the most pics i could find quickly

No, though I do love the X5 LM, the engines sounds freakin' awesome. They built a RWD X5 M of the E53 generation, using the E39 M5 engine and running gear apparently, but there's very little info as far as I know.

No, though I do love the X5 LM, the engines sounds freakin' awesome. They built a RWD X5 M of the E53 generation, using the E39 M5 engine and running gear apparently, but there's very little info as far as I know.

Ah okay, never heard about this one...sounds interesting:)

I always thought the original late-nineties Audi TT was a great and very original design but I recently stumbled upon this Jaray Audi which although clearly looking entirely different, I did spot some familiar cues.

tumblr_mcilhcRUWW1rxobalo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mcilhcRUWW1rxobalo5_r1_1280.jpg

And to think this car is from 1923....

You have any sort of link to the car? AFAIK, the LM was the only one-off BMW produced of the E53 generation besides a fabled Heritage Edition.

You have any sort of link to the car? AFAIK, the LM was the only one-off BMW produced of the E53 generation besides a fabled Heritage Edition.

I believe it to be the X5 you see in the left hand side of the background here... I don't recall if I read about it online or one of the press reports, but it was the same report that suggested there was a lightweight M6 down there too.

edit: see more below

Last edited:
you mean this one?:sly:
05-11-BMW-M-GmbH-Prototypen-BMW-X5-LeMans-19-fotoshowImageNew-cebcc528-498136.jpg
....yes it's got to be one of the most insane cars BMW ever built.:drool:

They didn't run this story once only, its been cannibalized over and over again, every time with focus of some other cars....i showed this one, cause it had the most pics i could find quickly

That X5 has and engine from a Mclaren F1 in it the 6 litre V12.

-> ...
^ I agree, I tried to find that E39 M5-powered E53 X5 on the interwebs but with no luck...

-> ...

^ I agree, I tried to find that E39 M5-powered E53 X5 on the interwebs but with no luck...

Right, well this isn't where I found it initially but...

AEE9C058AFD323114DBF8E542DA95F.jpg

"BMW M toyed with the remarkable idea of a rear-driven X5 using a third-generation V8 engine and an SMG paddle-shift gearbox! Apparently, it was very well received, but then the BMW board decreed that all 'X' models must be all-wheel drive, sealing its fate."

http://technology.xin.msn.com/motoring/photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=5316402&page=6#image=6

*looks* like a Carbon Fibre roof

edit:
Another mention of the M6 CSL, and.. an alternate view, appearing to show active rear spoiler!!!

edit:
From a Czech site: "At first glance, this M6 looks pretty mundane, after more careful inspection, however, it was clear that in this case the BMW played with aerodynamics. This coupe was fitted with active elements to improve its properties at speed."
3891__dsc4535.jpg

130823d1302054922t-bmw-m6-csl-side-mirrors-81-m-stillborns-live.jpg

130824d1302054930t-bmw-m6-csl-side-mirrors-82-m-stillborns-live.jpg

Last edited:
A experimental two-seat fastback Mustang, the chassis shortened by 16 inches and stuffed with a 260-cu.in. V-8 bored and stroked to 302 cubic inches.

shortyMustang_01_800.jpg

shortyMustang_03_800.jpg

shortyMustang_02_800.jpg

A experimental two-seat fastback Mustang, the chassis shortened by 16 inches and stuffed with a 260-cu.in. V-8 bored and stroked to 302 cubic inches.

The first thing that seeing this car reminded me of was the original AMC AMX. Except this one looks really funny with those proportions.

I'm not sure if it actually has awkward proportions, or if I'm just so used to seeing normal Mustangs that it looks odd.

I actually quite like that SWB Mustang, reminds me a bit of a 240Z, or a 72-73 Aston Martin Vantage.
It could do with smaller wheels maybe, but i expect the sump, and trans would catch some damage.

I'm not sure if it actually has awkward proportions, or if I'm just so used to seeing normal Mustangs that it looks odd.

That might have something to do with it, but I think it would less strange if it were a notchback instead. That would better preserve the overall silhouette of the car. Yes no maybe?

It may - I'd have to see it visualized to be sure. Although the fastback makes the rear end almost too thick given the shortened length of the car.

-> Wow, I didn't know that there was a prequel to the Plymouth PT Spyder:

Plymouth Speedster Concept
plymouth_concepts_1989_images_1.jpg

^ Just look at the size of that thing! AND THAT HAIR!!!! :dopey:

:boggled:

Back