My 69 Camaro Pro-Touring build. Updated 9/30/14

lol Jay, he's keeping the paint job a secret.

CB: Looking forward to the next update mate, that exhaust system looks so tidy in the center of the bumper.

Sting

CB: Looking forward to the next update mate, that exhaust system looks so tidy in the center of the bumper.
You dont even know how hard it is for me not to show anyone my OFFICIAL paint scheme. :ouch:
Thanks mate. I love how the exhaust turned out. Took forever welding all the pieces together and the entire rear of the car is modified, but I love it!!

Sting

I know, its driving me nuts, I cannot wait to se this monster finished!! Its going to be b-e-a-utiful!👍

The person that works for works for House of Kolor did a photoshop render of my car and my god it looks sick as hell. Its almost perfect too. :dopey:

Erm... Latest videos/sound clips aren't working for me... It's been about 20 minutes and it's still buffering.

That aside, your car looks great! What mufflers do I see hiding under there??

Thanks GVAN. I plan on painting it by the end of this year. :)
Slicks,
The videos work perfect for me and everyone else. Try right click save as on any of the videos. They should DL instantly.
Another note. I received all of my power steering components last night and I will be starting on those today after work. I will also be installing the Hydratech Hydraboost. This will be the last major time consuming step before the April event. :nervous:

CAMAROBOY69
I will have the tripod set up on the next event again. The hard part will be that I will have passengers this time so the camcorder will be hard to mount in the car because of the rear view mirror.

Can you not just get the passengers to hold the camcorder?

DQuaN
Can you not just get the passengers to hold the camcorder?
:lol: It would be physically impossible. Too many G forces. Heck even with my power lumbar seats and 3 point seatbelts it would be impossible. The video quality would be nausiating to watch unless fully bolted to the car or with a tri-pod like I did last year.

CAMAROBOY69
:lol: It would be physically impossible. Too many G forces. Heck even with my power lumbar seats and 3 point seatbelts it would be impossible. The video quality would be nausiating to watch unless fully bolted to the car or with a tri-pod like I did last year.

.......... or I could fly on over and be one of the passengers! :sly: :dopey:

DUDE ! Your car sounds incredibly nice man! Love the exhaust too! Very cool. Can't wait to see it all painted nice and purty like. ;)

Integra Type R
DUDE ! Your car sounds incredibly nice man! Love the exhaust too! Very cool. Can't wait to see it all painted nice and purty like. ;)
T/Y I love the way it sounds too. Even with the full exhaust. Hopefully if things go well I will paint it this year. I just bought 2 commercial garage lights so I can see better while painting.
slidesquad#1
That thing is INSANE man, truly awesome ride. Just out of curiosity, is there any way you could have routed the exhaust under the diff?
T/Y Yes I could have run the exhaust under the diff but it would have looked terrible and when the body went up and down from bumps it would hit the axle.

Last night I started on the Hydratech Hydraboost and the power steering conversion. The hydraboost is bolted up and now I need to bolt up the power steering gear box and run all the lines.
Here is a pic of the Hydratech Hydraboost. It replaces the air sucking power booster.

CAMAROBOY69
T/Y Yes I could have run the exhaust under the diff but it would have looked terrible and when the body went up and down from bumps it would hit the axle.

That makes sense. It just looked like it would be a hell of a lot easier. Then again, I guess not everyone is as lazy as I am...Good stuff man, that is a truly awesome car.

Can't believe I haven't commented here yet, but...awesome fab work and killer stance, I love the exhaust it a really clever and original idea...well executed too...

skip0110
Can't believe I haven't commented here yet, but...awesome fab work and killer stance, I love the exhaust it a really clever and original idea...well executed too...
Thanks a lot skip. Compliments are always greatly appreciated since its soo much hard work. 👍
Im currently converting from manual steering to power steering. I also installed a Hydratech Hydroboost for the brakes. Should be a night and day difference in the way this car handles on the track after this is all finished.

Very nice 👍

I didn't make it through the whole thread, but I saw where you ran at GingerMan. I used to live over in Portage and had a chance to throw my 89 SHO around G-man a few times.. what a great track to run on. Very technical and very safe at the same time, nothing to hit but grass. And with open track sessions at $50 it's the absolute best "driving school" you can get for the money; I never learned so much about the limits of my car and my own abilities as I did turning 20 laps around that track.

I'm in SE Michigan now... I'll be back that way later this summer to turn some laps fo' SHO (been a couple years since I was there) and I'd love to see your ride in person 👍

CAMAROBOY69
Current car list so far:
69 Chevy Corvette
Mazda Miata
69 Chevy Camaro (ME :))
VW Rabbit - ITB Racecar #1
VW Rabbit - ITB Racecar #2
Dodge Neon
Porsche 914
Mazda Miata - Spec Racecar
05 Chevrolet Corvette Racecar #1
05 Chevrolet Corvette Racecar #2
Dodge Viper RT/10 #1
Dodge Viper RT/10 #2
Dodge Viper GTS
Mini Cooper S - SSC Racecar #1
Mini Cooper S - SSC Racercar #2
Dodge SRT-4 #1
Dodge SRT-4 #2

Tube framed racecars
Formula ST
Spec Racer Ford #1
Spec Racer Ford #2
Spec Racer Ford #3
Sports 2000
Formula Ford

thats a great list, hopefully you can get video of your speedometer when you pass the vipers at over 100mph 👍

toyomatt84
+👍 to your Rep. for that exhaust setup. God is that sexy.
Thank you. :)👍
huntervf
Very nice 👍

I didn't make it through the whole thread, but I saw where you ran at GingerMan. I used to live over in Portage and had a chance to throw my 89 SHO around G-man a few times.. what a great track to run on. Very technical and very safe at the same time, nothing to hit but grass. And with open track sessions at $50 it's the absolute best "driving school" you can get for the money; I never learned so much about the limits of my car and my own abilities as I did turning 20 laps around that track.

I'm in SE Michigan now... I'll be back that way later this summer to turn some laps fo' SHO (been a couple years since I was there) and I'd love to see your ride in person 👍
Let me know the next time you go there. Too bad you cant make it to the April 14th event. I could take you for a ride. :sly:
DRIFT GOD
thats a great list, hopefully you can get video of your speedometer when you pass the vipers at over 100mph 👍
That isnt even the full list yet. There are openings for at least 12 more cars. :)
It would be a dream come true to actually go up against some Vipers. Even if I get owned it will still be the time of my life to be on a track with them at the same time. Im sooo excited!!! I wish there was a good way to record my gauges and in front of the car all at the same time. I will have to experiment with some camcorder locations and see what people think.

whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses. Now I love the Camaro, but there shall be no Viper overtaking at the event, I simply won't allow that. lol

Interesting entry list so far... 69 Vette, 3 Vipers, hell even some Minis. lol Well its diverse I'll give it that.

Sting
whoa whoa whoa, hold your horses. Now I love the Camaro, but there shall be no Viper overtaking at the event, I simply won't allow that. lol

Interesting entry list so far... 69 Vette, 3 Vipers, hell even some Minis. lol Well its diverse I'll give it that.
:lol: Yeah I would be really surprised if I actually have a chance to pass a Viper. It would be cool but I dont think my car can do it yet. C5 Corvettes yes but vipers I would be surprised.
There will be 3 or 4 groups of cars that way it is evened out as much as possible. Last year we had 4 groups. I really doubt a stock Miata will be in my group.

Here is an update of the car list and the break down of the 4 groups. Looks like I am in a differnt group than the Viper but thats ok it will still be a lot of fun. I will delete the list in the other thread since this is the new one.

3/24/06
Group 1 - Intermediate driver #2 (Full bodied street & racecars)
05' Acura RSX Type-S
03' Nissan 350z
69' Chevy Corvette
95' Mazda Miata
92' Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo
69 Chevy Camaro
ITB VW Rabbit Racecar #1
ITB VW Rabbit Racercar #2
95 Dodge Neon Spec Racecar
75' Porsche 914

Group 2 - Intermediate driver #2 (Full bodied street & racecars)
99 Mazda Miata Racecar
85 Ford Mustang GT
06' Nissan 350z
95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
Dodge SRT-4
Dodge Viper
Dodge SRT-4
Dodge SRT-4
03' Mitsubishi Evo VIII

Group 3 - Advanced Driver (Full bodied street & racecars)
Dodge Viper GTS
05 Chevrolet Corvette Racecar
Spec Miata
02 Porsche Boxster S
Dodge Viper or Dodge SRT-4
95' Porsche 911
05' Mini Cooper S - SSC Racecar
05' Mini Cooper S - SSC Racecar

Group 4 - Advanced Driver (formula & sportcar racecars)
Spec Racer Ford
Formula ST
Spec Racer Ford
Spec Racer Ford
Sports 2000
Spec Racer Ford
Spec Racer Ford
Formula Ford

Back