Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
GTP's only Kart Championship will now be entering it's fourth season, with a new name change. RKL - Racing Kart League is what the series will now be known as (Formerly known as PDI Racing Kart 100 Championship). Also we have a new Co-organiser. Please welcome Racing Kart Veteran and Season 2 Champion, Williebaby28!

Stay tuned for more details.

I am in, for sure!! Does the new name mean we will be racing something besides the 100's this next season??

Would also like to suggest a couple tracks.... Monza, cause it works great as a kart track 👍 Also would like to see Autumn Ring full version. No matter what you decide I am in.

I am in, for sure!! Does the new name mean we will be racing something besides the 100's this next season??

Would also like to suggest a couple tracks.... Monza, cause it works great as a kart track 👍 Also would like to see Autumn Ring full version. No matter what you decide I am in.

It might do and Track Decisions will be made very soon. 👍

I am in as always 👍

My hopes for the new season 4 :

1. Racing Kart 125
2. Maybe teams ? 2-3 drivers per team.
3. Some long tracks like, Nurburgring, Suzuka, Spa.
4. Post race results for each track in the OP, like this : :https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5798353#post5798353
But then also add what times people finished in.

:)

I was considering doing different classes, like they do in the FIA GT Series. For example

Class 1: 125cc Kart
Class 2: 100cc Kart

We'll discuss this via PM mate. 👍

What about doing three races?

Jr's ~5 minute race, 100's ~10 minute race and 125's ~ 15 minute race.

Love the idea of a constructors championship too.

Im in but i don't have 125 cc kart :-( season 1 and 2 i really enjoyed season 3 i only came to 1 or 2 races because of family reason and other stuff but season 4 i should be able to make all the races i will try get 125cc kart if i can get DLC Maybe after Christmas i will have some money to get the DLC :-)

What about doing three races?

Jr's ~5 minute race, 100's ~10 minute race and 125's ~ 15 minute race.

Love the idea of a constructors championship too.

That was my idea for season 3 so yes I would love this.
Add points up for all clases together.

Count me tom sounds great. I think having all 3 classes would be good, people could enter all three, to give themselfs more of a chance.

Count me tom sounds great. I think having all 3 classes would be good, people could enter all three, to give themselfs more of a chance.

Agreed mate. 👍

Hey guys, just curious - in my limited experience of the go karting in GT5 it seemed basically to be a matter of keeping the throttle buried and pointing the kart in he general direction you want to go, and that was about it - and those were on the 'kart' tracks, nevermind the proper circuits. Was the problem the tyres being too grippy? Can you even change tyres on the karts?

Just a thought, Indy would make a great kart track with that twisty infield, followed by some stupendous slipstreaming down the pitstraight. I hope you guys turn the slipstream down though so that it's not over the top.

Shaggy Alonso
Hey guys, just curious - in my limited experience of the go karting in GT5 it seemed basically to be a matter of keeping the throttle buried and pointing the kart in he general direction you want to go, and that was about it - and those were on the 'kart' tracks, nevermind the proper circuits. Was the problem the tyres being too grippy? Can you even change tyres on the karts?

Just a thought, Indy would make a great kart track with that twisty infield, followed by some stupendous slipstreaming down the pitstraight. I hope you guys turn the slipstream down though so that it's not over the top.

Try racing against williebaby and you will see it is a little more complicated than simply burying the throttle and pointing the kart.

Shaggy Alonso

Hey Ben, it's a damn sight more fun that what you're making out. :sly: There's never a dull moment when racing karts, especially with this bunch of great racers. 👍

Hey Ben, it's a damn sight more fun that what you're making out. :sly: There's never a dull moment when racing karts, especially with this bunch of great racers. 👍

Then you come and spoil it :lol:

Try racing against williebaby and you will see it is a little more complicated than simply burying the throttle and pointing the kart.
Willie, whos that guy:sly: Haha, yeah, you need some talent to run with willie and chop.

Shaggy, driving Karts is very similar to driving cars, wrt the fastest way around a circuit. Slow in fast out definitely applies. But with Karts it's very important to preserve momentum, no gears to help you accelerate. You can take corners much faster than you expect, due to the lower center of gravity and for me at least, I'm able to feel the limit and when I'm nearing it, much better in a Kart.

And it's so much fun, get in set your gear ratio and race :)

AnTiheLT
I wonder how the new, Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP will be, compared to the 125 Kart ?

Wait what? Did they release the next dlc pack? If so I really hope it is a shifter, been wishing forever for one of those.

I wonder how the new, Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP will be, compared to the 125 Kart ?

If it is a Shifter then that will change everything. We may have to discuss this Anders. 👍

kcheeb
Shaggy, driving Karts is very similar to driving cars, wrt the fastest way around a circuit. Slow in fast out definitely applies. But with Karts it's very important to preserve momentum, no gears to help you accelerate. You can take corners much faster than you expect, due to the lower center of gravity and for me at least, I'm able to feel the limit and when I'm nearing it, much better in a Kart.

And it's so much fun, get in set your gear ratio and race :)

I take back what I said before about the karting, had a go today and its much more difficult than I thought. I seemed to remember being able to do an entire kart track flat out with only a slight lift for one corner. Did they alter the kart grip levels for spec 2.0 or did they change the tyres because it definitely seems like more of a challenge than I can remember? Btw the fastest I've managed at cape ring inside in the pdi 100 (was trying it out for our racing evening this Sunday) has been a 1.05.750. Can you tell me if thats decent? Though at that track there's only two points where you brake/lift at all so there probably isn't much time to make or lose, relatively speaking.

AnTiheLT
https://www.gtplanet.net/next-gran-tu...december-20th/

Would be outstanding if it was with a shifter

I think if it was an copy of the already 125 kart why put the SP in it ?

Special paint?? Special plastic?? It does seem to have different plastic (body) on it than the current 125.

Sadly, upon closer inspection of the photos I don't think it is a shifter. If it were there should be a rather large shifter somewhere along the right side of the wheel. 👎

ShaggyAlonso
I take back what I said before about the karting, had a go today and its much more difficult than I thought. I seemed to remember being able to do an entire kart track flat out with only a slight lift for one corner. Did they alter the kart grip levels for spec 2.0 or did they change the tyres because it definitely seems like more of a challenge than I can remember? Btw the fastest I've managed at cape ring inside in the pdi 100 (was trying it out for our racing evening this Sunday) has been a 1.05.750. Can you tell me if thats decent? Though at that track there's only two points where you brake/lift at all so there probably isn't much time to make or lose, relatively speaking.

I'm guessing your previous experience was only doing the karting special events offline. They are ridiculously easy. I personally find karts to be the most fun on GT5 when it comes to actually racing. You can have several guys racing in very close quarters without causing giant accidents and like kcheeb mentioned you really have to carry your momentum so you have to plan your attack carefully. You can't just throw the kart around and make up for it with tons of power.

I don't know what a good time is around Cape Ring but I remember that 37-38 sec per lap were good times around Autumn Ring Mini when we raced there a couple weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back