GTP NASCAR Thunder Series // Joe, JuanLessJetDryer, Joe and Chqr win!

• Thread starter Chqr
  • 609 comments

Should we change Race 14 (14 laps of Daytona Oval) and if so to what?

• 5 laps of Monza (No Chicanes)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It would've been better to post this the day of or before the series starts but it's definitely fitting for the series.

I won't be making it to the races on friday or saturday. I've had plans since march to watch races at a local dirt short track on the 15th and 16th of june. Plus its the weekend that I graduate with my degree in architectural building technology. I will be hearing this song as well as Ladies and Gentlemen from saliva a lot since I'm watching 2 national touring series that meet at this track!!!
Sounds like a blast, have fun.

I need a NASCAR game in my life; I haven't ranked up/bought the Cup content yet in iRacing so this Inside Line game better be good.
This.

I need a NASCAR game in my life; I haven't ranked up/bought the Cup content yet in iRacing so this Inside Line game better be good.

I don't mean to sound like an 🤬 but it doesn't take long to get to class A. If you just drive smart and not necessarily drive to win every race you will be there in no time. It took me a month and a half(180 races + or -) to get to class a. I had very bad luck when I got to the 3.9's.

I don't mean to sound like an 🤬 but it doesn't take long to get to class A. If you just drive smart and not necessarily drive to win every race you will be there in no time. It took me a month and a half(180 races + or -) to get to class a. I had very bad luck when I got to the 3.9's.

Yeah I know man, but my main issue is I don't have the cash to run a Cup campaign at the moment since I'll be focusing on IndyCar when I rank up to C :) When I have some expendable cash before a new season, you can bet I'll race in the Class A series.

Class D 2.74 ATM after a couple of weeks on the sim. Late Models at Iowa next week will be a good SR booster for me.

Those class A cars are a handfull compared the the B class impalla. Don't count on iowa to increase your sr. When the mods were there, half of the field crashed in turn 1 every time.

Those class A cars are a handfull compared the the B class impalla. Don't count on iowa to increase your sr. When the mods were there, half of the field crashed in turn 1 every time.

Hmmm, well it should be better than Oxford Speedway at least. Awful track. got my first win today in the Stocks at Charlotte, clean race for once.

I don't even bother with the street stocks when they are at charlotte. I didn't mind the late models at oxford too much either. I know a guy thats really good at setting cars up and he sends me his set every week. Spoiled I know right?

I don't even bother with the street stocks when they are at charlotte. I didn't mind the late models at oxford too much either. I know a guy thats really good at setting cars up and he sends me his set every week. Spoiled I know right?

Yeah definitely :lol: I have a decent setup, I just strongly dislike the track; it's one continuous corner.

It's even better when someone gets payback on someone they ran into and it turns out that they took out the wrong car.

got my first win today in the Stocks at Charlotte, clean race for once.

5 out of my 6 wins came in my first 30 races. After that everyone is just that much tougher to get around.

Well done mate 👍

Cheers mate, ran that white line like a trooper for the last 15 laps. Nothing was gonna pass me.

EDIT: Not liked many of the car combos so far though Nate, think I'll have more success when I eventually get to IndyCar.

I think i've found a set up that works for every track, only thing needed to change is downforce :D

And typo in OP? I was fastest at Laguna Seca, not Indy Road.

I think i've found a set up that works for every track, only thing needed to change is downforce :D

And typo in OP? I was fastest at Laguna Seca, not Indy Road.

Laguna Seca times were wiped because they were very wrong. Gokartman is fastest with a 1.19.xxx

Fastest after 5 minutes of practice, it's hardly important :P

Exactly.

The #54 is on probation for having a new subtly tweaked paint scheme ;)

The #54 is on probation for having a new subtly tweaked paint scheme ;)

Interesting.

For those who haven't noticed, the Season Start is provisionally this weekend but it depends on the Nationwide field if we begin this week or next.

I hope we can start this week as I know everyone is looking forward to this series greatly as am I.

Kevin Harvick in a slightly unusual color scheme is excited about this season even though he has barely had practice. :sly:

Interesting.

For those who haven't noticed, the Season Start is provisionally this weekend but it depends on the Nationwide field if we begin this week or next.

I hope we can start this week as I know everyone is looking forward to this series greatly as am I.

Also new unofficial sponsor results in the team being called Jerry Springer Racing :lol:

This still on for this Saturday at the scheduled time in the OP? I am looking forward to this series and its respective championships included. I intend on running a part time schedule, races on 6/30 & 7/14 I may miss.

This still on for this Saturday at the scheduled time in the OP? I am looking forward to this series and its respective championships included. I intend on running a part time schedule, races on 6/30 & 7/14 I may miss.

:lol:

May not be there of Launch Night, might be doing an enduro simulation for the Le Mans 500k.

You may drop 3 races towards the Drivers' Championship and with such a podium heavy points system and competitive grid, you won't miss out on much guys.

Still on for this weekend, again provisionally.

Good news: We're officially racing this Saturday for our Season Opener

Bad news: Launch night is cancelled. I've raced with every driver here in the field and I know everyone here is clean and lag-free when connected to me as host.

See you raceday. 👍

So, I was thinking and being that i'm partially responsible for providing prizes to the top-3 finishers; I remembered that my buddies and I always liked racing for a so-called "trophy" in our mini-racing series. We'd put the "trophy" in our "shared" car list to let our other friends know how awesome we were.

All that being said, I've come up with "trophies" for the top three finishers to brag about. At the moment I only have 1st place ready, so here she is:

Superspeedway-Daytona_3.jpg

Look for 2nd and 3rd places to be put in this post in the coming days.

Hi there.
The Thunder schedule doesn't works with the GATE, especially for the last race.
But, if i'm allowed to do that, i'll try to give a shot for the 2 first races next saturday if possible. I'd like to see how works the series and maybe i can keep this one instead of the GATE if i'm very interested.

The problem is that i'm not already in a team. Should i choose one right now? I'm afraid to steal the place of a guy who could be already more involved than me in this series, you see...

EDIT: if I have to choose a team now, i'd like to be in the Death By Carbon Racing (if Carbonox is agree of course)

GTP Username: Litchi
PSN Username: GTP_Litchi
Team Name: Death By Carbon Racing
Car Number: #30
Two-Car Team

Last edited:
Hi there.
The Thunder schedule doesn't works with the GATE, especially for the last race.
But, if i'm allowed to do that, i'll try to give a shot for the 2 first races next saturday if possible. I'd like to see how works the series and maybe i can keep this one instead of the GATE if i'm very interested.

The problem is that i'm not already in a team. Should i choose one right now? I'm afraid to steal the place of a guy who could be already more involved than me in this series, you see...

Okay well we have 20 signed up drivers at least 16 of whom I expect to be around on Saturday.

I'll keep you on reserve unfortunately as there are so many drivers entered but a few part-time.

Sure, make a team name. I presume you'll be independent unless you can form a partnership with another driver.

Back