The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments
Alright guys, back from college and taking notes (assuming they are verified and confirmed). Will add all undocumented changes once I'm through.

The tire thing ain't listed in known issues, but it might have been caused by one that was fixed. I would point to the not hearing your car when driving with others online.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- Corrected an issue where experience and rewards were not awarded when racing online on the Twin Ring Motegi.
- Corrected an issue where the tires become changed when resuming an interrupted endurance race.
- Corrected an issue where when switching from a setting sheet with dirt/snow tires to a sheet with normal tires, the dirt/snow tires remain displayed.
- Lessened an issue where the tires and car would jump violently when going over angled bumps on road surfaces or sharp cornerstones.
- Corrected an issue where there was a problem with the Twin Ring Motegi Course name displayed when searching in the Open Lobby.
- Improved an issue where it was difficult to hear your own car when driving with other cars in online races, etc.

Buddy, I hope you relize those are all documented changes in 2.08. You gotta post something that wasn't in the change log.

One obvious one is the cars are available to buy now in the game but sony hasn't updated the PSN yet in the UK to allow you to buy the dlc... Duh Sony.... Must we really wait 2 days for you to pull your finger out...

Pretty sure thats just Sony being slow with the PSN update and not a GT5 change.

Drafting in qually is absolutely devastating! If the draft was realisitic maybe, but not here!

In my rooms we run qualifying and it is very important to the outcome of the race. With drafting on, then it will no longer matter who can run the best line, but who gets the b est tow. This will completely ruin the competetiveness of these types of rooms. I have been die hard since day one, but if we cant have quality qualifying sessions anymore, I might have completely lost interest. Smh pd....

Turning collisions off is not an option, because two cars ahould never be allowed to share a spot on the track.

Does the slipstream strength option not apply to free run then?

Even in weak, it is vastly overexagerated. In real life, in street cars, you'd maybe gain a few tenths around a circuit by using a draft. In GT5, you can gain a few seconds easy if done properly.

In the race, its dealable because catching and passing are two different things. The quicker driver still has an advantage. But now lets say you have three top tier drivers who all qualify within 2 tenths of eachother by doing solo runs, you run the risk of some boob getting a good draft and out qualifying everybody. It skews the starting order and is not an accurate representation of who is fastest around a given circuit. Once the race starts, that slow person can easilly ruin the race of the faster drivers because he is farther forward on the grid than his skills warrant.

In most lobbies, it might not be an issue. I often host lobbies that can have 5 or more of the fastest GT racers in country, and for us every tenth is valuable and the difference between winning and losing.

Last edited:
List has been posted. Remember, it has to be something NOT listed in the change log. Also as a reminder, try to check the very first post before posting just to avoiding repeating what someone else already posted.

Kerb sounds are lower to the point of being non-existant meaning you can't hear the rumble strips as you cross them now.

R8 race care ps team oreca now sounds like its been recorded through an 80's synth...

Nope, pretty much the same as its been since release.

Evil X
Couldn't see a bug thread so thought I'd post here. Last night after updating and hitting an online room that was currently running Tsukuba, I found something rather peculiar. I pulled over on the right side of the front straight after the pit exit and just before the corner, applied the park brake, and after a few seconds my car reset itself in the middle of the track. I thought I may have rolled back into the pits, so I did it again, same thing, moved forward further, and same thing. It wasn't until I pulled all the way off the track that it would sit there as it should.

It has done that for a long time.
If you wanted to drive without getting hit (before the new update) you could park in front of the pits set your e- brake and hold your brakes down and pause (making yourself go ghost) and sit there while ghosted and after about 30 seconds you would see your car move or screen flicker. After that your un-pause and you will be a permanent ghost. Your car can be set back solid if you simple come to a complete stop set your brakes again and pause in and back out

K1LLD0z3R
......I would point to the not hearing your car when driving with others online.

It says "when driving with other cars in online races, etc." I'm hoping that means offline as well. Can anyone confirm that?

For some strange reason, while I was racing my bone stock premium Mazda Eunos Roadster J '91 in Sunday Cup and Compact Car races, the sound of my car wasn't drowned out by the other cars in the field. Strange because it was yesterday before the update. I've always noticed this issue before since it started.

turismoslayer
It says "when driving with other cars in online races, etc." I'm hoping that means offline as well. Can anyone confirm that?

For some strange reason, while I was racing my bone stock premium Mazda Eunos Roadster J '91 in Sunday Cup and Compact Car races, the sound of my car wasn't drowned out by the other cars in the field. Strange because it was yesterday before the update. I've always noticed this issue before since it started.

Didn't think about that. Good idea

Katiegan
I'm sure that has been there since release? I have a lot of paints the exact same colour but often show as seperate chips.

It definitely has, that's why I posted it - because someone asked which bugs it was that PD has failed to fix.

Don't know if this is a change in 2.08 or just my install having problems but it seems they may have changed LOD settings looking backwards.

Before the patch, at Spa (using photomode) I would get a change in LOD near the top of the blind crest after Raidillon. Now though it seems to be changing LOD right between Eau Rouge & Raidillon.

Not a problem while racing but its the perfect place for a photo, spoiled by the unsightly old pitlane buildings low LOD models

Now I only wait for Toronado's pictures. If it's something interesting I'll try the R32 before I install 2.08 and try if the glitch works myself.
For the overwhelming majority of the cars in the game, the camera is a set distance away from the the car when in chase cam:

Road%2520Course%2520-%2520Daytona_1.jpg

But for a small handful of them, it is set extremely up close to the back of them:

Road%2520Course%2520-%2520Daytona.jpg

These are ballpark pictures, but I think I'm pretty close. For the R32, PD has had a bit of a tumultuous record of fixing it. Originally, the Premium R32 was the only one that had the FoV for the back of the chase came set wrong, with the camera zoomed in. Then, a few patches ago, PD fixed it. But in the process they broke every single one of the Standard R32s, including the S-Tune. Now, though, the two that I've seen in a race (Premium R32 and S-Tune) are fixed, so I'm guessing many more have been fixed.

In fact, as soon as I'm done posting this, I'm going to go check the cars that I know weren't set right. The Premium 300SL is still wrong, but I'm going to check some Skylines and some others that I can remember being wrong.

For the overwhelming majority of the cars in the game, the camera is a set distance away from the the car when in chase cam:

In fact, as soon as I'm done posting this, I'm going to go check the cars that I know weren't set right. The Premium 300SL is still wrong, but I'm going to check some Skylines and some others that I can remember being wrong.

There are also a few where the distance away from the car is actually further away than the majority of cars, from memory the Premium '69 Camaro Z28 and Mustang Mach 1 ’71 which look ridiculously small as a result.

I tested the '91 N1, the '93 V-Spec N1, the '89 and the S-Tune. Looking over MyGranturismo, the only ones that I didn't check are the '93 V-Spec, '91 and '93 Calsonic . If someone else could check the first two it would be helpful (I don't own those two, and simply forgot to check the Calsonic), but I'm fairly certain that PD have finally stamped down that little bug for all of the R32 models.

I tested the '91 N1, the '93 V-Spec N1, the '89 and the S-Tune. Looking over MyGranturismo, the only ones that I didn't check are the '93 V-Spec, '91 and '93 Calsonic . If someone else could check the first two it would be helpful (I don't own those two, and simply forgot to check the Calsonic), but I'm fairly certain that PD have finally stamped down that little bug for all of the R32 models.

Would the desired result be for the 3rd person view to be close up on the car? If so, I can confirm that for the 93 Calsonic.

I just experienced an online bug I never have experienced prior to version 2.08. A Gran Turismo 5 logo appeared after selecting free run in a room, I could do nothing but exit the game.

I also had this tonight, i have seen it before once or twice a long time ago.

Why not separate options? Maybe because the code for these two options could not be de-coupled without a major redesign.

Independent options for collisions (on/off) and draft (on/off) would be better as it would offer more choice, but the change they gave us is still a big improvement. 👍
:lol:

Not sure what you played the last, soon, 2 years, but having collisions without having draft and having no collisions but with draft was very possible in GT5 (and still is).

You already forgot after only 1 day that cars being ghost can produce drag in GT5? - You simply had to turn on penalty (I think it had to be on strong) and then to do some runs on SSRX or any other fast track.
I hope you can at least remember how the free run mode was before the update, with collisions but no draft.

Where's the logic? Doesn't exist.

The reason why they made it like this was because they simply don't care, don't want to or didn't think of giving us the option for it. Perhaps because they didn't expect that some people would hate it for certain activities in GT5. Or because they wanted to increase realism without giving a 🤬 about others opinion or how the game was the last 2 years.

Diogo Gomes
There is a new option on online rooms under "Grid Order" that makes the player that finished 1st on the previous race to start the next race in pole position.

Were? Can't see it I call bs

Sick Cylinder
After further experimentation I find that if you don’t depress the clutch you can shift without using it at all, however if you depress even just once then you need to use it for the rest of the race – it will then go into neutral when you shift into neutral and will also go into neutral if you attempt a shift without the clutch. So it seems there is now a choice to powershift and the change down into second gear when using the clutch does appear easier.

So, I take back my earlier criticism and apologise to PD !

This has been the case all along. I've been using a G25 from the start and it's always done this.

Even in weak, it is vastly overexagerated. In real life, in street cars, you'd maybe gain a few tenths around a circuit by using a draft. In GT5, you can gain a few seconds easy if done properly.

In the race, its dealable because catching and passing are two different things. The quicker driver still has an advantage. But now lets say you have three top tier drivers who all qualify within 2 tenths of eachother by doing solo runs, you run the risk of some boob getting a good draft and out qualifying everybody. It skews the starting order and is not an accurate representation of who is fastest around a given circuit. Once the race starts, that slow person can easilly ruin the race of the faster drivers because he is farther forward on the grid than his skills warrant.

In most lobbies, it might not be an issue. I often host lobbies that can have 5 or more of the fastest GT racers in country, and for us every tenth is valuable and the difference between winning and losing.

Most of the leagues in Pure run solo qualifiers because we never got along with free run mode's intricacies. We currently have a spec racing series that runs pre-race group qualifying and we plan to combat the addition of drafting in free run by running split groups and ensuring no one is drafting off of eachother. Any driver that feels that another driver is too close can protest by simply pulling off. That's just the way it's gotta be now. Group qualifying was never favorable to begin with. I can only imagine the public lobbies having a hell of a time dealing with draft leachers.

Who do you run with btw?

Would the desired result be for the 3rd person view to be close up on the car? If so, I can confirm that for the 93 Calsonic.
Yeah. It seems like the '93 Calsonic is the only one that probably still has the bug. I checked the R32 TC and that's fine too.

It has done that for a long time.
If you wanted to drive without getting hit (before the new update) you could park in front of the pits set your e- brake and hold your brakes down and pause (making yourself go ghost) and sit there while ghosted and after about 30 seconds you would see your car move or screen flicker. After that your un-pause and you will be a permanent ghost. Your car can be set back solid if you simple come to a complete stop set your brakes again and pause in and back out

I didn't pause the game at any point. Simply pulled over and applied the park brake. Its never done it before, and I've stopped there plenty of times.

Only every series that doesn't run on an oval.

+1

You take a chance of running behind somebody to gain a draft and also risk losing time should they screw up somewhere, spin, or anything else that would cause you to slow your pace.

I didn't pause the game at any point. Simply pulled over and applied the park brake. Its never done it before, and I've stopped there plenty of times.

If you park too close to the pit entrance or exit, the game will move your car. This is probably what you experienced.

Back