F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 RM
sangalganoabbey1h.jpg

sangalganoabbey4.jpg

No Chassis Rigidity - All other parts
565/1120/540

Aero:
20/40
Ballast:
35 @ 50(rear)

Transmission:
Set final gear to 4.200 (after mods installed)
Set top speed slider to minimum
Set final gear to minimum (2.500)

LSD:
8/20/5

Suspension:
-10/0
10.2/10.4
4/3
6/5
3/3

Camber/Toe:
1.8/0.8
-0.04/-0.33

BB: 5/3
ABS: 1

Comments: Drive it like you stole it

Last edited:
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
584hp, 1050kg, 615PP
G27 wheel, Nixim brake pedal mod, ABS 1, all other aids off.

This tune was built for krenkme's FITT Clueless Classic Race Car Shoot Out. I must admit that during tuning, I struggled a bit and almost quit a number of times. The old school race cars are tricky and we should give PD credit for that. I can just imagine the real world crews trying to squeeze performance out of these more primitive machines and experiencing the same flip flopping over the knife's edge as I experienced while building this tune. The LSD for example, will give slight inside wheel spin in one corner then slight outside wheel spin in another. Another example, when I was able to find better turn in, it would often kill exit speed. In the end, I am happy that I stuck with it. This is an enjoyable tune to drive under my driving style. I don't really know if it will be fast or competitive in the competition, but I don't really care either. This is one of the best looking entries and it puts a smile on my face whenever I strap into those virtual belts and take it for a drive.

8372430132_842314b54c_c.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7991446#post7991446

One of the fun things about these shootouts is how individual tuners will take such divergent ways to try and coax the most performance out of the same car. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing what the test drivers have to say about Theo's and my own Challenger. While we did wind up with a couple settings the same on our cars the tunes are vastly different. Will be very interesting seeing how other drivers get on with our handiwork.👍👍
Because of its fairly high starting weight in comparison to other cars in the shootout, I never really considered adding ballast to the car, now I'm thinking of buying another one and seeing how adding a small amount like Theo used on his would affect my tune. I think mine handles fairly well overall but feel initial turn in isn't quite as crisp as I'd like, plus the ever present issue of wheelspin in the lower gears.
Seeing different approaches to solving issues is a big help to improving future tunes. Can't always think of all the various possibilities and try them on our own so these events are a great way to find new ideas.:cheers:

Here's my tune:

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66

613 Horsepower
1025 Kilograms
615 Performance Points

Ride Height: -4 / 0
Spring Rate: 11.2 / 13.2
Extension: 3 / 3
Compression: 7 / 7
Anti-roll: 4 / 3
Camber: -2.8 / -2.6
Toe: 0.04 / 0.13

Differential: 23, 26, 18.
Aerodynamics: 18 / 30
Brakes: 9 / 7
Ballast: 27(12)
Balance: --
Engine: 100%

1st: 2.133
2nd: 1.406
3rd: 1.102
4th: 0.850
5th: 0.681
Final: 4.100
Max: 380
  • mid rpm turbo
  • racing hard tires
All driver aids off.

Notes
Tuned January 2013. Premium Model.

Last edited:

:odd: Is that not the name of the car? :odd:.... :dopey:

One of the fun things about these shootouts is how individual tuners will take such divergent ways to try and coax the most performance out of the same car. Really looking forward to seeing and hearing what the test drivers have to say about Theo's and my own Challenger. While we did wind up with a couple settings the same on our cars the tunes are vastly different. Will be very interesting seeing how other drivers get on with our handiwork.👍👍
Because of its fairly high starting weight in comparison to other cars in the shootout, I never really considered adding ballast to the car, now I'm thinking of buying another one and seeing how adding a small amount like Theo used on his would affect my tune. I think mine handles fairly well overall but feel initial turn in isn't quite as crisp as I'd like, plus the ever present issue of wheelspin in the lower gears.
Seeing different approaches to solving issues is a big help to improving future tunes. Can't always think of all the various possibilities and try them on our own so these events are a great way to find new ideas.:cheers:

I am looking forward to driving all these cars and all the different ways they've been tuned. This should be fun 👍

I'll be doing my usual. Post tune later, share car now. 👍

Please do ASAP :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
and with that tuning has stopped, let the testing start. Thank you all for entering and good luck. I know I'll have FUN!!!

Testers, remember to PM me your drivers choice (add text if youd like). thanks :dopey:

Ferrari 330 P4

The Tune
Aerodynamics: 35/60
Ballast: 8kg @ 0
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission- process as follows
1)Set to 137mph
2)Set Final Gear to 2.500
1st=3.326
2nd=2.441
3rd=1.915
4th=1.560
5th=1.280
Should display an indicated top speed of 219 mph in upper right corner.

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 15
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 2.9/2.7
Toe Angle: -0.10/+0.05
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 10.4/10.7
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/1

Brakes
8/7

The car has 615 PP, weighs 800Kg with a 45/55 front/rear weight distribution, has 468HP and produces 407ft-lb torque@5500 rpm with a 8500rpm redline.

- Please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, keep the engine above 5500RPM at all costs. For the hairpins, don't accelerate until the exit since the power delivery is basically a on/off switch, you get nothing or everything.

I think I'll have a go at test driving these cars. I need all the practice I can get with the G27 and this is a good place to start:idea: It's a great mix of cars, most of which I haven't driven for more than a lap or two here or there. I was pleasantly surprised what I could get the Ferrari to do once it was dialed in, I'm sure I'll be surprised by more than a few of the other classics as well:)

EDIT: My car is on share as of last night, and I sent out an FR or two to the testers that weren't on my list.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to driving all these cars and all the different ways they've been tuned. This should be fun 👍

Looks like a great array of cars. It's been a while since I've done one of these so I'm looking forward to it and getting behind the wheel of some of these classics! :cheers:

Testing has begun.

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Transmission.Cars run for 10 laps each. All aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

In time order:-

Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Time - 1:26:815
Very quick. Rear steps out a little which was a surprise with this car, so not as easy to get the power down as praiano's, just a tad quicker through the bends.

praiano63 - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Time - 1:27:032
Fast car. Easy to put power down early. Little harder to drive than Trackripper's, but quicker.

Trackripper123 - Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
Time - 1:27:201
Good fast car. Very easy to drive. Slightly slower than praiano's though.

Motor City Hami - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Time - 1:27:701
Closest to the 2D's so far with only 2 left to test. Great car. Some good British grunt beating the Italians!!.

MrGrado - Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Time - 1:27:809
Suffered from the same affliction as the Ferrari's. Difficult to manage and struggled to get consistent lap times.

Lewis_Hamilton_ - Ford Mark IV '67
Time - 1:28:056
Provided something different from the Ferrari's and RM'd muscle cars. Very good tune, and should have provided a faster time for me, just couldn't put a decent lap together.

Johnnypenso - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time - 1:28:584
Quickest and easiest to drive of the Ferrari's for me. Not quite quick enough to match the 2D, but well done.

wildheart90 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time - 1:28:639
Throttle control again the issue for me here, but managed some consistent lap times. Good tune.

Onboy123 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time - 1:28:748
Throttle control again the order of the day. More manageable than krenkme's and very competitive. Got bitten a couple of times so take care.

CSLACR - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69
Time - 1:29:673
Another easy car to drive. Lap times were fairly consistent. Rear end slips out a bit but fairly easy to catch.

krenkme - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time - 1:30:118
Flowers required!! This was hard to control. Lots of grip issues. As per tune write up, better times available for those with better throttle control.

Theo777 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
Time - 1:30:306
Nice consistent car. Just enough underster to make you wonder if you'll make the next corner, but takes the chicane fairly well.

XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
Time - 1:30:464
Hmm, American muscle. Thought it was going to be a bit of a fight to turn into corners, but managed it without too much fuss. What a great sounding car.

Ridox2JGTE - Chevrolet CAMARO Z28 RM '69
Time - 1:30:802
Nice car. Need to be careful of the back end slipping, but other than that, good result.

VTiRoj - Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato blama taco La tinkel '65
Time - 1:36:865
Such a shame it's so far off the pace as it's a great car to drive. Even managed some 2 wheeled action when bumping the curbs!!

Last edited:
:odd: Is that not the name of the car? :odd:.... :dopey:
I named it "Carrot Car", not "Taco". :lol:
VTiRoj - Alfa TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato blama taco La tinkel '65
Time - 1:36:865
Such a shame it's so far off the pace as it's a great car to drive. Even managed some 2 wheeled action when bumping the curbs!!

Yeah I should mention, it will try to roll over when you touch the curbs. :lol:

Onboy123
- Please, for the love of whatever deity you believe in, keep the engine above 5500RPM at all costs. For the hairpins, don't accelerate until the exit since the power delivery is basically a on/off switch, you get nothing or everything.

Thank you Sir. I will link it very soon 👍

Johnnypenso
I think I'll have a go at test driving these cars. I need all the practice I can get with the G27 and this is a good place to start:idea: It's a great mix of cars, most of which I haven't driven for more than a lap or two here or there. I was pleasantly surprised what I could get the Ferrari to do once it was dialed in, I'm sure I'll be surprised by more than a few of the other classics as well:)

EDIT: My car is on share as of last night, and I sent out an FR or two to the testers that weren't on my list.

I will add you to testing. Thanks :cheers:

luv2drive
Looks like a great array of cars. It's been a while since I've done one of these so I'm looking forward to it and getting behind the wheel of some of these classics! :cheers:

Oh, I think this one will make the testers happy :dopey:

biffa3
Testing has begun.

Did Rotary Junkie and Newdriver make the deadline or did they miss out?

Sadly no :(... but a Honda "after glow" will start soon :odd:

VTiRoj
I named it "Carrot Car", not "Taco". :lol:

Well if you have a carrot and a taco you can...* on behalf of the Clueless legal staff, this text has been omitted to coincide with the GTP AUP. This is a family friendly forum and should remain PG. Thank you and carry on*... now that's what I call a party!
-Anyway I'll fix it as soon as I can :dopey:

-----------------------------

Testing from my will start in the next few days. I seem to have stumbled into a bar for the Packer game :dopey::dunce:

Well if you have a carrot and a taco you can...* on behalf of the Clueless legal staff, this text has been omitted to coincide with the GTP AUP. This is a family friendly forum and should remain PG. Thank you and carry on*... now that's what I call a party!

Oh, that was beneath you.

:lol:

I've tested a few cars already...not ready to post results quite yet but I have to say it's been mighty impressive so far:tup:👍

-Anyway I'll fix it as soon as I can :dopey:

And here I thought I was the only person that thought of tacos in that way. :dopey:

Krenkme is alpha male, confirmed. :dopey:👍

I've tested a few cars already...not ready to post results quite yet but I have to say it's been mighty impressive so far:tup:👍

Tell me that you've not driven mine…It'd probably drag the average down a lot in terms of quality. :lol:

The 2D only has around 440hp at this PP limit, yet it is beating up on 600PP cars. This PP system is just off.

I don't think there is so much difference , 1 second for the first tester. Seems fair to me. The 2D is light , less inertia, but only 3 gears to deal with this...👎

-2D is 1,91kg/hp and 120 points aero downforce
-Ford is 1,90kg/hp and 90 points aero downforce
-Jaguar is 1,80kg/hp and 80 points aero downforce

After some test i've found the chaparral faster but not so much, that's why i choose it and also because i love the way it drive.
My second choice would be the Jag for sure.

Let's see what come next, thanks to biffa3 for this first run.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

The 2D only has around 440hp at this PP limit, yet it is beating up on 600PP cars. This PP system is just off.
We saw the same thing in the higher class of your Race Car shootout where the more aerodynamically shaped cars outperformed the higher HP entries. The Muscle Cars are giant bricks compared to the dedicated race cars and even with significantly more HP they can't make up for their shape and greater mass. Of course such things are why in real life such cars compete in different classes and race series and not against each other directly.

Back