FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge

My 525PP entry Stagea 25T RS4 can only managed 1:23.xxx at Deep Forest ( no ABS ), last sector time at the tunnel hovers around 59s, is this good ? I need to know if the car is slower before or after this sector time. The car only has a bit over 500HP, 1400+kg, and decent torque. I was testing with ABS as well, 5/4 BB seems to be okay with the stick, if anyone has ever driven this Stagea at Deep Forest let me know if 5/4 BB is too high or too low, thanks.

Couldn't tell you my split times at that point, but I do know that you want to be around 0:55 when you hit the shadow of the tunnel at the top of the hill. Taking driver skill and style into account, I think you'll need to shave another second of your time. I'm distinctly middle of the road in terms of times and I can hit consistent 1:21s in four different cars. My times are often similar to MCH and he seems to be slotting 1:21s too...

good morning this time of 1:21. *** was conducted with or without penalty in the penalty
Without penalties, I would say...

{Cy}

Couldn't tell you my split times at that point, but I do know that you want to be around 0:55 when you hit the shadow of the tunnel at the top of the hill. Taking driver skill and style into account, I think you'll need to shave another second of your time. I'm distinctly middle of the road in terms of times and I can hit consistent 1:21s in four different cars. My times are often similar to MCH and he seems to be slotting 1:21s too...

{Cy}

Thanks, Cy, I need to tune the car more then, I only did 5/6 laps with the car, the car only reach 145mph top speed before braking for the 1st corner and 135mph at the last corner braking point. I guess the slow part is between 1st corner and last sector ( tunnel ). I might get into 1:22s with the car.

Thanks, Cy, I need to tune the car more then, I only did 5/6 laps with the car, the car only reach 145mph top speed before braking for the 1st corner and 135mph at the last corner braking point. I guess the slow part is between 1st corner and last sector ( tunnel ). I might get into 1:22s with the car.

The start/finish straight could be your undoing then. I'm running my gearboxes up to 165mph so I'm hitting 150mph before I haul on the anchors for the first corner. If I get the entry right on the final corner, it's possible to carry 105-106mph through the apex, but it has to be a perfect entry...

{Cy}

The start/finish straight could be your undoing then. I'm running my gearboxes up to 165mph so I'm hitting 150mph before I haul on the anchors for the first corner. If I get the entry right on the final corner, it's possible to carry 105-106mph through the apex, but it has to be a perfect entry...

{Cy}

Thanks again for the added tips :) my car is bit slow I guess, I ran shorter ratio already, almost hitting redline at the end of main straight before braking (145mph ). For the last corner apex, I usually hit it at 100/101 mph, the car has bad understeer when stock, even with tuned suspension, it only helped marginally, will need precise braking and steering to hit the apexes at decent speed.

good morning this time of 1:21. *** was conducted with or without penalty in the penalty

Clean lap. In practice mode on Deep Forest the time will turn red if you cut corners. Test drivers should use the same method, no corner cutting, no red laps.

Guess my car isn't that bad. Have only driven the RS4 so have no reference to other cars. My car still has one bad habit that I have not been able to tame. Haven't touched the Mini yet.

I am running mid 24s on S1s currently. Need to mess with the suspension some more before I toss the S2s on. Decided I can't do my (almost) daily driver justice so I found another of those cars I've been wanting to tune: the Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03. The orange paint makes it about 50mph faster at the line. :sly:

On the flip side, I'm about to toss my Mini through a window. I can't make it do what I want and the power band just drops like a rock at the top. I may look for something else since I'm having no fun with it.

I'll keep an eye out to see if the deadline is moved to the weekend. I could use it I think. :)

On the flip side, I'm about to toss my Mini through a window. I can't make it do what I want and the power band just drops like a rock at the top. I may look for something else since I'm having no fun with it.

I'll keep an eye out to see if the deadline is moved to the weekend. I could use it I think. :)

Finally drove the Mini. Got the handling right, but just absolutely hate the exhaust sound. Is exhaust sound enough reason for me to enter something else?

As for the deadline, consider it moved to Sunday. Seems that many people could use the extra two days. Will update the OP.

Clean lap. In practice mode on Deep Forest the time will turn red if you cut corners. Test drivers should use the same method, no corner cutting, no red laps.

Guess my car isn't that bad. Have only driven the RS4 so have no reference to other cars. My car still has one bad habit that I have not been able to tame. Haven't touched the Mini yet.

very good time for RS ' 4 without very good g27.

The Countryman has a peculiar shift point :

I'm not going to use the Mini Countryman. It's an otherwise very good car (for an FF :P), but has an annoying flaw. By unnaturally shifting 500 rpm below redline, you can gain a whole 2 seconds around Laguna Seca. And it's so easy to miss a shift, which can cost you a couple tenths easy.

Alfa is good, Rido. 👍

It's faster if you shift up 500rpm below redline, he was using the tune that I posted at Deadnutseven :

MINI COOPER S Countryman '11

The tune was for SH tires at Laguna Seca and only 415PP, but should still work with CS and 450PP. The CountryMan has a very good handling compared to many FF that I have tuned at Laguna Seca for Deadnutseven race, I think you should use it :)

I was playing with shift points but it still felt slow. Perhaps it was just perceived slowness. I'll play some more or try the 120i or the xBizzy if I still hate it.

I kind of like the sound though. I call mine Rumblebelly. :D

EDIT: I hope its the car and not my driving but I'm nearly at 22s and still on the hards.... :eek:

Last edited:
Have only driven the RS4 so have no reference to other cars. My car still has one bad habit that I have not been able to tame.
The RS4 is a very nice car, it was my first choice and pretty much as fast as anything else I've driven. With the exception of the Mitsubishi, which drives like a dump truck. Turn. No. TURN. NO. TURN!! NOOOOOOO!! It'd be cool if someone got one working, ridiculous amounts of power.

Is exhaust sound enough reason for me to enter something else?
Without a doubt. It's a Mini Countryman, that should be enough for you to want to push it off a cliff anyway. It's an abomination to look at...

so I found another of those cars I've been wanting to tune: the Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon 2.0GT spec.B '03. The orange paint makes it about 50mph faster at the line. :sly:
Only wagon in my UCD, turns out to be pretty quick. 470+HP. :scared:
Not funny guys. This is the car that changed my mind about the Audi. As it stands, I need a three side coin, because I can't choose between three different Scoobies :scared:

EDIT: I hope its the car and not my driving but I'm nearly at 22s and still on the hards.... :eek:
I sincerely hope you're building the car I think you are...

{Cy}

2ptbg4o.jpg[

Now you can test drivers my car, I got it this time without g27 so in control can improve this time good luck

I underestimated how little grip the little xBbB has. I don't think it's going to win any driver's choice awards so I'm just going to enter the Battlewagon Stagea.

Hate the G27 right now. It is just so artificial. In my real race car, while I am cornering, all of the steering force is directed into my outside hand on the wheel. In GT5 with the G27, the slightest steering adjustment back the other way and the force feedback switches pressure from the outside hand to the inside hand. This is not accurate at all. Are other wheels like this? If not, it's time to sell a very lightly used G27.

Can't run close to my DS3 ghost.

"Camper Special"
Based on the Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Version Type s '88

thetopgeartesttrack1w.jpg

thetopgeartesttrack2h.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

240bhp
449pp
182 ft. lb. @6900 RPM of torque
weight 910 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
Paint - Super Black
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Soft (C3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 99
1st - 3.178
2nd - 2.450
3rd - 1.950
4th - 1.600
5th - 1.314
Final - 3.000
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - 9/12/10

Ride Hight - Front: 0 Rear: -20
Spring Rate- Front: 8.4 Rear: 3.0
Extention- Front: 10 Rear: 4
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 10
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 2 Rear: 7
Camber- Front: 1.8 Rear: 0.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: -0.05
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 8

TUNER NOTES -
Pile the wife, kids, and the family pet into the car and head to the Top Gear Test Track and turn a circuit. Later roast some Peeps (oh yes, I said Peeps) on the fire and make some krenkme S'mores.. When you're done just camp in the back :dopey:

Made for the FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge. I hope the testers like it :dopey:

thetopgeartesttrack3n.jpg

Yeah, turns out, 1400kg/543bhp is faster than 1720kg/575bhp. :P

Oh, really?... uh-oh :nervous:

"Titanic"
Based on the Land Rover Range Stomer Concept '04

deepforestraceway2f.jpg

deepforestraceway1w.jpg

Found in the Used Car Dealership

565bhp
525pp
681 ft. lb. @3500 RPM of torque
weight 2035 Kg

parts

Auto
Engine overhaul
Paint - AMG Monza Grau Magno
weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Stock
Turbo
Supercharger
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Med. (S2)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Weight Adjustment: 145@50

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 4.370
2nd - 3.335
3rd - 2.500
4th - 1.985
5th - 1.605
6th - 1.360
Final - 2.600
Adjust for speed using final gear

LSD - FRONT - 20/23/15 BACK - 15/18/15
Split - 50/50

Ride Hight - Front: -35 Rear: -35
Spring Rate- Front: 13.5 Rear: 9.8
Extention- Front: 10 Rear: 8
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 8
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 1 Rear: 7
Camber- Front: 2.8 Rear: 1.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.28 Rear: -0.10
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

TUNER NOTES -
Look out, I'm crazy :crazy:
Made for the FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge, and all I can say is... I'm sorry testers :dopey:

deepforestraceways.jpg

Well I'd better get to submitting mine soon then. They're ready, just that my pictures won't transfer off my PS3. :lol:

I'll post them without, soon. :P

Safety Car
based on the Honda Element '03
topgeartestelement1.jpg

topgeartestelement2.jpg
This boxy SUV is all set to make rounds on the famed Top Gear test track. If you are new to the track layout don't worry. This tune has a relatively low top speed and bright orange paint to help warn other drivers. With the improved differential and closer ratio five speed transmission you might even find yourself passing other cars.:crazy::dopey:

found in the used car dealership

GT Auto
Chassis Maintenence
Engine Rebuild
Paint: Matte Orange
Wheels:RAY VOLK RACING TE37
Wheel Paint: Silver Metallic

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

Power: 299 hp
Torque: 261 ft-lbs
Weight: 1269 kg
PP: 435pp

Power Limiter: 100.0%
Ballast: 0kg/+0
Weight Balance: 60:40
Aero: 0/0

Transmission
select default
Final Gear: Stock
Top Speed: 106
1st: 4.690
2nd: 3.080
3rd: 2.212
4th: 1.726
5th: 1.430
Final Gear: 3.626 adjust this to change the top speed
Top Speed will be:135mph

Drivetrain
TCSD: 45%/55%
LSD Front: 5/16/5
LSD Rear: 7/24/12

Suspension
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 13.6/11.3
Extension: 8/5
Compression: 6/3
Anti-Roll: 3/6
Camber: 2.8/2.2
Toe: -0.18/-0.08

Brake Balance: 8/4

Tires: Comfort Soft

Super Roo
based on the Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B '96
dforestlegacy1.jpg

dforestlegacy2.jpg

This mid-sized Suburu wagon has been given a few engine upgrades and now boast nearly 500hp! The Super Roo was tuned to handle Deep Forest's quick direction changes and sweeping corners. When using sports tires take care with high speed braking and watch out for changes in the track surface. However, if you switch to racing tires you become a wagon hero.:dopey:

found in the used car dealership

GT Auto
Engine Rebuild
Paint: Blue Mica Metallic
Wheels:Prodrive Enkei RP03
Wheel Paint: Gold Metallic

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

Power: 484 hp
Torque: 370 ft-lbs
Weight: 1256 kg
PP: 525pp

Power Limiter: 100.0%
Ballast: 65kg/+50
Weight Balance: 57:43
Aero: 0/0

Transmission
select default
Final Gear: Stock
Top Speed: 112
1st: 3.789
2nd: 2.858
3rd: 2.260
4th: 1.843
5th: 1.559
6th: 1.352
Final Gear: 3.000 adjust this to change the top speed
Top Speed will be:162mph

Drivetrain
TCSD: 45%/55%
LSD Front: 5/10/8
LSD Rear: 7/24/12

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 6.0/3.3
Extension: 9/5
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll: 3/7
Camber: 2.8/2.0
Toe: -0.30/-0.10

Brake Balance: 6/4

Tires: Sports Medium

dforestlegacy3f.jpg

If the deadline has been moved to Sunday I may have my Caldina ready...:drool:

Afraid real life has kept me away from GT5 since right after this was announced.:(

IMPREZA Sport Wagon WRX STi Version VI '99
Built for FITT Wagon & SUV Tuner Challenge

It's 4WD, with 460 BHP, weighing 1.2 tonnes, running on Sports Medium tryes, expect to leave some rubber on the tarmac. You can navigate the track without overheating the tyres, but in order to be fast, you sometimes need to encourage and utilise it. I hope I've found a good balance between grip and slip. I've run 1:20.6 online and 1:20.7 offline, I'm by no means the fastest driver, so hopefully someone can break into the 1:19s.

subaru99.jpg

subaru9901.png

subaru9902.png

…what's this bs. My RS4 weighs in at 1318kg, but only packs 450hp at the same PP as you lot? I know there's bias, but really? :lol:

…what's this bs. My RS4 weighs in at 1318kg, but only packs 450hp at the same PP as you lot? I know there's bias, but really? :lol:
My Caldina is 1233KG and has 466HP...
Brilliant acceleration but I still need to do a lot of work on the handling. Not having tuned or driven in a few days I'm really rusty and not sure I'm going to make much headway in next couple of days.:(

Back