Your most anticipated aspects of the Spec 2.0 update (POLL)

• Thread starter ZohsixGT5
  • 80 comments

Which feature are you most excited about?

• General Interior view for standard cars

Votes: 167 38.5%
  • User Control of the weather change feature

Votes: 162 37.3%
  • Sheet for saving multiple car setups

Votes: 152 35.0%
  • Spec 2.0 opening video

Votes: 48 11.1%
  • Improved User Interface Response

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • Replay controls with FF/RW

Votes: 177 40.8%
  • Mid-Race save feature for endurance races

Votes: 229 52.8%
  • Expanded online lounge features

Votes: 127 29.3%
  • B-Spec remote race update

Votes: 35 8.1%
  • Photo Travel update w/Avatar

Votes: 57 13.1%
  • NASCAR pit scene added to photo travel

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • 11 new 2011 NASCARS

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport

Votes: 108 24.9%
  • Improved Physics/AI

Votes: 243 56.0%
  • G25 / G27 steering wheel support

Votes: 107 24.7%
  • I don't like anything about Spec 2.0

Votes: 10 2.3%

• Total voters

ZohsixGT5

Currently has 2 Leafs
Premium
United States
Atlanta
ZohsixGT5
pipesta
I know it's hard to pick just one, but which new feature are you looking forward to the most? For me it's a 3 way tie between G27 support, replay controls, and mid race saves.

Edit: I made it multiple choice.

Last edited:
Endurance Saves and AI improvement. No content matters if the AI is still terrible.......

Other then that more excited for DLC.

Cockpits for Standards, even if they are just like in GTPSP, the immersion will improve a lot! That you can change the weather manually offline and, hm, hard to say, maybe the AI if it will be really good. All of it sounds amazing, so it's hard to point something out.

To me has to be physics, multiple set-ups, expanded online features and more responsive UI. I don't find the rest very exciting, not even the simplified cockpit view for standard cars (I think that the cockpit view can be properly used only on a multi-monitor set-up, it takes too much precious screen space otherwise).

G27 support!!!!!

So pumped about this update... Spec II will release right after my new 55" plasma arrives (i've been playing the game on a 27" Eizo monitor) CANT WAIT!

Mainly ''General Interior view for standard cars'', but as long as you are atleast able to see the wheel. Also ''Mid-Race save feature for endurance races'' for the 24h races.

The rest;
Improved Physics/AI
Expanded online lounge features
Replay controls with FF/RW
Improved User Interface Response

G27 support!!!!!

So pumped about this update... Spec II will release right after my new 55" plasma arrives (i've been playing the game on a 27" Eizo monitor) CANT WAIT!

It's going to take a while to get used to playing on a large screen, I actually prefer 27-32-37 anything bigger is overkill for gaming such as GT5. Sure some may say, sit further back, that makes it even worse, and it feels like you are driving a Jay Leno Tank car from 10 yeards away.

ok, end rant, I am jealous! :P

cheers to Logitech wheel support.

New NASCAR's.

I'm actually looking forward to them too, as currently my #14 Chevrolet tears up the Nordschleife track like no other beast. Such a joy to use online and watch the recoil from rammers trying to hit me.

Expanded online lounge features, definitely. I love shuffle racing but I admit it was getting a bit dull with the same cars. If there are a few more tiers of cars that would be great.

I think the wide range of votes in this poll so far suggests PD have done a great job in adding features that appeals to a wide section of their audience.

Too many things I anticipate. The news blurb said new tracks but the article that followed did not mention them. Was that a typo?

It's going to take a while to get used to playing on a large screen, I actually prefer 27-32-37 anything bigger is overkill for gaming such as GT5. Sure some may say, sit further back, that makes it even worse, and it feels like you are driving a Jay Leno Tank car from 10 yeards away.

ok, end rant, I am jealous! :P

cheers to Logitech wheel support.

Anything bigger is overkill? Not a shred of truth to that. even a 40 inch is a small Tv if you a bit away from it..............

I voted improved AI/physics, didn't realize it was multiple choice. In reality everything I've read so far is awesome and you know there will be small surpises and fixes. My other favorites though will be G27 support, mid race saves, user interface improvements, and avatar photos with cars. And the more I think about it, the spec 2 opening video may be awesome. I turned off the GT5 video since it took so long before it showed game footage. I used to watch Prologues video every time I played the game.

I can careless of how the interior looks, but as long as there is an interior present :)

Then the multiple settings that we can save. WOOHOOOO
Thank you PD!

I'm a person that both drifts and races. It's really frustrating at times of having to switch between a drift set-up and a race set-up, so I'm very thankful for the multiple set-up tuning sheet.

The replay function is another great feature in my opinion. I'm hoping that all the HUD can be turned off when in first-person or other views though.

Mid-race saving is huge. Without, I won't be able to complete the 24 hour-race. This is more of importance, than an excitement of a feature.

Physics is something I'm looking forward to. Some cars appear to have some snap oversteer/understeer issue. I hope they're fixed for the most part. AI improvements is ok, but I don't expect it to be that more advanced. GT5 is already a really advance game on its own, so I don't know if there' s much computing power left for a much more intelligent A.I..

Generic Interior view is a welcoming experience, especially on the open wheel vehicles. I'm wondering what it's going to be like on a Jay Leno tank?

Mid race saves has got to be the best feature out of all for me, improved physics and ai sound good but they've already updated the ai a while back and there was not much difference so I'm not expecting a greatly increased AI.

Can't believe that they made interiors for standard cars but mentioned nothing about changing wheels on standard models:confused: I and im sure loads other people would love that, but i won't complain too much since it's still being supported by PD even after nearly a year of release.

GT4 is still my favorite but PD has at least made my favorite game on PS3 the best supported game in this generation of patches and updates!👍👍

Back