Your most anticipated aspects of the Spec 2.0 update (POLL)

• Thread starter ZohsixGT5
  • 80 comments

Which feature are you most excited about?

• General Interior view for standard cars

Votes: 167 38.5%
  • User Control of the weather change feature

Votes: 162 37.3%
  • Sheet for saving multiple car setups

Votes: 152 35.0%
  • Spec 2.0 opening video

Votes: 48 11.1%
  • Improved User Interface Response

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • Replay controls with FF/RW

Votes: 177 40.8%
  • Mid-Race save feature for endurance races

Votes: 229 52.8%
  • Expanded online lounge features

Votes: 127 29.3%
  • B-Spec remote race update

Votes: 35 8.1%
  • Photo Travel update w/Avatar

Votes: 57 13.1%
  • NASCAR pit scene added to photo travel

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • 11 new 2011 NASCARS

Votes: 52 12.0%
  • GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport

Votes: 108 24.9%
  • Improved Physics/AI

Votes: 243 56.0%
  • G25 / G27 steering wheel support

Votes: 107 24.7%
  • I don't like anything about Spec 2.0

Votes: 10 2.3%

• Total voters
Are there really all those people primarily caring about completing endurance races? I can't believe it.

Are there really all those people primarily caring about completing endurance races? I can't believe it.

HUH? Whats hard to believe, endurance races are fun, but people are practical and have lives and cannot do 24 straight, hell in real life they don't...................................... It's not rocket science. 24 hours straight is not realistic in any way shape or form.
These are the only races where tire/fuel wear are a factor.... people want to play them.....

Dislike until they say something about new cars not nascars and new tracks or if it is there ill read it later on mobile atm

Voted for all of them.

Even the last one, because, despite our clear cryings, there is STILL no taco stand at the Nurburgring. :grumpy:

Great idea for a poll. See what everyone is most excited about.

I voted for a few things. So excited for the update!

Definitely the mid-race saves.

Driving around Tsukuba for nine hours on end is not very high on my to-do list, much less keeping my PS3 on for 24 hours and lapping Sarthe and Nuerburgring.

To me has to be physics, multiple set-ups, expanded online features and more responsive UI. I don't find the rest very exciting, not even the simplified cockpit view for standard cars (I think that the cockpit view can be properly used only on a multi-monitor set-up, it takes too much precious screen space otherwise).

Totally agree what you say is exactly what i wish for.
And midrace savings is just not interresting, who wants to sit for hours on the same track alone (lapping the competition isnt fun).
Cocpit view not interresting either if they arent premium.
Put the money on new cars instead and on THE ONE TRACK worth playing except nurburg...SPA! + 2010-2011 models
+ porsche (now that EA drops shift).

SORRY Missed the news before i posted here...now i understand this is coming. Well good for all!
DLC will take care of the rest, cars, tracks and so on..

Last edited:
Midrace saves and replay controls.

I hope they have some good surprises swell such as revamping the main and special events and revamping online. But if not, after this, I think I'm done hyping updates, I'll just be happy with what we gave.

Mid-Race save feature for endurance races
REW/FF
are all I'm really rooting for.

I wonder if the walls will ever let you slide on them again? The flypaper walls now are really annoying.

The poll really shows how different everyones priorities are, and that PD did well in trying to answer most requests/changes to the game.

I have a tough time picking, it seems like once you break down each update feature, it's not as exciting, weird, I picked having interior viewcams for the best update feature.

I voted for:
Replay controls with FF/RW 👍 replay was useless without it
Mid-Race save feature for endurance races 👍 many users just was waiting for this to complete the game
Improved Physics/AI :indiff: I just hope they improve AI and don't ruin the game as the did with 1.06 AI upgrade
G25 / G27 steering wheel support :cheers: now I know I hadn't waste my money. No more DS3 for RA controls.

I wonder about first 3 being also the most voted features. At last, it seems that average users now have a better idea of what we need 👍
(refere to 10-12 months ago wishlists :ouch: )

Only feature I voted and barely shared by only 1/4 of voters is the G25/G27 support, but it's fully understandable. I guess Fanatec users will not be very happy for their wheels being unsupported, and DFGT/DS3 users don't care.

Only feature I voted and barely shared by only 1/4 of voters is the G25/G27 support, but it's fully understandable. I guess Fanatec users will not be very happy for their wheels being unsupported, and DFGT users don't care.

I'm a DS3 user and I don't care.

Nothing.

The only thing I wanted was a time trial leader board like in prologue.

Seriously can't believe this is still not in the game! I am happy about the additions, but it is shocking that this is still missing. Especially since it was part of Prologue! :confused:

The mid race save is a good idea but for the rest, meh...

I hope the DLC makes up for it but I'm sure they'll just put out a bunch of the same boring cars we already have but with new headlights or something else pointless.

I'm kind of wishing I had an Xbox as Forza is looking much more appealing to me.

Physics. I'm hoping that the draft is fixed.Brake fade and non constant tire grip would be nice, but I'm not expecting that.

Online and weather improvements second, this should greatly improve racing along with the physics.

Replay rewind is convenient.

New cars announced so far aren't the most interesting, but I'll take them.

I don't have G25/27

Race saves were in demand, though I won't use them.

The other stuff is fluff.

Good update overall.

I was hoping for some upgrade to premium but i'm ok with the general interior view (the one on the catherman looks good).
So i vote that, the replay thing, i'm curious about Improved Physics/AI and i like the online lounge retouch (of course i need to see what).

Once again, I wish I never heard of this update until the week it was suppose to come out.

Or better yet, wake up one morning and look for where GT5 went and question what this strange new game is.

I had to go with the endurance saves as that will help see me finish the A-Spec campaign to Lv40.

G27 support, multi-setup / tune saves, improved physics and reduced loading times are my preferred v2.0 features.

I would rather have video encoding over the replay controls (replaying, editing and uploading the video afterwards would suffice).

The standard interiors (black template cut outs) do not impress me at all, but I understand people have asked for it - so fair enough. It would have been nice if the windscreen / windows were also slightly tinted on the inside for these standard cars!

If I could have had any choice in the matter I would have prioritised online time trial rankings (with ghosts) as I think anything to compete with Forza 4's new Rivals mode would be a worthwhile utilisation of time... Fixing / improving the shadows / dirt / spray / snow / smoke and adding video recording would have been truly *great* additions. A game can't ever look too good and showing off best laptimes to friends is a huge part of online racing.

As it is, v2.0 is not half bad and certainly fills a hole or two.

Back