2024 Formula 1 Constructors threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 844 comments
Can't wait for this punishment deal to be kept private like the Ferrari engine one.

Tune in to the next season of DtS for the conclusion.

Potential details about the breach:
I know it's F1 and this is just sofa cushion change to a top team, but a $1.2 million catering bill is still a heck of a thing to wrap your head around. 😳

I know it's F1 and this is just sofa cushion change to a top team, but a $1.2 million catering bill is still a heck of a thing to wrap your head around. 😳

I'm assuming that's all the meals for the races. At 22 rounds, that's about $54,000 per race weekend.

I'm assuming that's all the meals for the races. At 22 rounds, that's about $54,000 per race weekend.
I was figuring that if it's being cited as overspend then it was an expense on top of the normal operating budget, possibly for sponsor functions or special events or such. But since we'll likely never get any kind of detailed breakdown, that's merely a guess on my part.

Sad news, but iirc, there'd been reports he had not been seen in public for quite some time & there's some recent rumors he passed away earlier this month.
That’s interesting cause now it’s being reported that the FIA and Red Bull have “agreed” on a punishment, but are postponing the announcement out of respect for him.

Edit: also seeing multiple reports that talks were put on hold due to the passing. The notion that there’s talks at all is pretty cringy.

Last edited:
Talks/negotiations are pretty common fare in this type of thing. Just getting blown up because it's F1 and Red Bull. See it in court cases a lot, plead guilt, show remorse, get a more favourable/less harsh punishment. This is just the same thing. If Red Bull keep protesting against it though then perhaps the FIA should add punishment for being frivolous.

Either way, it has drawn out for too long now, regardless what way it goes.

Talks/negotiations are pretty common fare in this type of thing. Just getting blown up because it's F1 and Red Bull. See it in court cases a lot, plead guilt, show remorse, get a more favourable/less harsh punishment. This is just the same thing. If Red Bull keep protesting against it though then perhaps the FIA should add punishment for being frivolous.

Either way, it has drawn out for too long now, regardless what way it goes.
Regardless, the FIA believe that, according to their rules and guidance, Red Bull have breached the maximum total spend allowed, whatever the hell they spent it on.

Any breach of the rules should not be subject to discussion; you don't hear of drivers trying to argue against time penalties - granted, they offer mitigation, but at no point can they argue the case.

The FIA NEED to get a grip on this now and apply a punitive penalty for the first breach to show that it really doesn't pay to exceed the cost cap. Nothing short of severe penalties ie, 2021 driver's championship taken off them because they didn't win the constructor's champ, or 50% reduction in CFD/ wind tunnel time, will prevent teams from breaching in the future.

Rumours now saying Porsche will buy 50% of Williams and be their engine manufacturer from 2026 on.

The question is, which half?

Judging by recent performances, I'm guessing the former would be a better bet.

Last edited:

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

They'll end up making a clerical error and buy 50% of will.i.am, thus opening up a new chapter of questionably modified automobiles. Imagine this, but a Porsche:

22c0160-002-1651759694.jpg

Last edited:

If the team has a dogged performance then we will know which half they got.

Mercedes-Sauber
BMW-Sauber
Audi-Sauber

Just need Opel, VW and Porsche for Sauber to finish collecting all the German Manufacturer Infinity Stones

Back