Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
I just did a Quick Drive race with 19 Porsche 911 Cup 2006 cars (101Creative) on Nordschleife with Pyyer N24 2023 extension. The AI didn’t move from the starting line.

Afterwards I tried the 911 Cup 2004 cars and they worked perfectly.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you for all your work you do for AC and us. I have a short question: how is the final classification done at the WEC championship, for example, if you are with a GTE that does not collect any points due to the lower class? Or you didn't make the championship for this class!? thx.
Yeah AC does not know more class runs. So if you change to a GTE in WEC I would change the win condition to something around 19 or so and that's all you can do.

Screenshot 2023-09-16 161041.png

Lotus 38 Symetrical and Lotus 38 Indy by Legion

Good Afternoon all

Is there anybody out there who can make the gearshift animation for the driver of both these cars please, most annoying that there is no gearshift animation.

Regards

Mark

I just did a Quick Drive race with 19 Porsche 911 Cup 2006 cars (101Creative) on Nordschleife with Pyyer N24 2023 extension. The AI didn’t move from the starting line.

Afterwards I tried the 911 Cup 2004 cars and they worked perfectly.

Any idea how to fix this?
Unpack the car using CM, and open the ai.ini, change gears up to 8100 , auto gearing on this car will also not work, so the same thing needs to be done in the drivetrain.ini or use the attached files.

I see an error in the 2004 as well (that one is my fault) DOWN in the ai.ini should be something like 5600.

edit: rename the data.acd to something like data.old for this to work

Attachments

• ai.ini
    288 bytes · Views: 14
  • drivetrain.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
once more I'd like to share here that CM Compress tool does not seem to be doing all it can ...
and if you have diskspace issues, try CompactGUI !

I compressed first w CM everything, so that as a base BEFORE using CompactGUI , the size of my cars folder on disk was 628GB

After recompressing w CompactGUI (v3) , I gained an additional 66 GB of diskspace!

View attachment 1287546

ps: I tested this first on 1 car, to see if it still drove after the compress, and don't worry , it did.
how does it work? Never heard of compactGUI before :confused:

More stuff! :)

UPDATE NASHVILLE 2023

v1.4
-added new bridge by bensrac32, thank you! (you can change between the two versions with a option in the ext_config.ini)
-updated loading screens
-changed sun position, again thanks to bensrac32 for reporting

New:

@Greg_ST
your updated R32 JTCC still does not survive the Suspension test track...

To all who installed this one: I found the full skin pack of 1GB too much of goodness.
And since it was containing several skins with identical number, I made a "light" skin pack , keeping only about half of the skins,
with only distinct numbers. In quick races you will now no longer have several cars with the same number... (I've also put the number at the front of the folder name, so they are correctly sorted now.)
You can find the pack here .
View attachment 1287521
Install instructions: remove any skins you had installed from the original full pack , and then install the skins via this 'lite' pack.
The skins themselves have not been touched, they only have better preview included (imho).

ps: don't forget to do a compress run after installing (saves over 400 extra MB of diskspace)
View attachment 1287529
(u can also use CM Compress tool to accomplish the same, but I prefer using CompactGUI since it's quicker to do after an install ...
CM Compress tool needs to scan through the complete repository and this alone takes minutes. With CompactGUI you can compress a specific folder, it's done in mere seconds...)
Wow thank you very much for the Tip with CompactGUI. It saved 120GB on my Drive although i already compressed everything with CM. Overall 67% smaller then Uncompressed, from 1.8TB to 618GB.

Last edited:
Running CSP 1.80 Preview 218, I don't remember seeing this happening before...
1694885900433.png

1694885940877.png

Looks like its happening to both the RSS GT3 cars(the Huracan and the AMG GT3) Wonder if its some CSP setting issue or something?

how does it work? Never heard of compactGUI before :confused:
"CompactGUI transparently compresses your games and programs reducing the space they use without affecting their functionality. It used to use the Windows 10 compact.exe function but now works directly with the Win32 API to be much more efficient."

Simple instructions:
Download CompactGUI exe (from here ), or direct download link

Save the exe somewhere on your drive and run it , then select your Assetto Corsa car folder (or a specific car subfolder )
and press (re)compress. (you can choose some extra options, like to have it skip some files which are known to not compress too much anyway, but I left everything as per default. I think CM tool also uses somthing similar compresses only some filetypes (hence the compactGUI gives still additional gain, but not sure exactly... )

ps: Next I think I may attempt compressing the track folder, as I'm sure there's also alot to be gained there!

Looks like its happening to both the RSS GT3 cars(the Huracan and the AMG GT3) Wonder if its some CSP setting issue or something?
You have not seen that happen before? Really? 🤨
I think I have seen it here every couple of days when someone post 'what are these black lines coming out of the other cars?'
Seems to be an issue load of people are having but somehow not seeing any of the posts about it and how to fix the issue 😁

View attachment 1287633
View attachment 1287634

From the MDRS user manual:

I have a strange thing heading from the driver to the sky!

A bug with CSP v180p218. Disable “New human skin shader” in CSP settings “Graphic Adjustments”.

Last edited:
Breaking News !

Race Sim Studio updated the MP-H Bayer to Version 2

Cheers. :cheers:

Breaking News !

Race Sim Studio updated the MP-H Bayer to Version 2

Cheers. :cheers:
They fixed the windshield, nice! So I can remove my fix now.

Donington Park 2018 Mod

This is an updated version of the test mod I put out a few days ago. Because of the number of changes, it got difficult to do it as a mod to the original track. I made it a standalone track so as not to fool with the original version. All credit for the track goes to the original author Brun. It will come up as Donington Park 2023 in your track list, but the year is not indicative of how the track is represented. I just needed some way to recognize which track was which. You can edit the ui files and give it whatever name you want.

Please let me know of any problems or suggestions so I can try and make it better.

Donington Park 2023 v0.95

Changes from past version:

-- Added original author's name and version number to the track ui files.
-- Made the 40 pit layouts from Paprika work with my changes.
-- Added geo tags to the ui files.
-- Animated all of the flags that were not animated. I'm not real happy with the new flags, but at least they are animated. I wanted flags that were attached to the pole and did not arc in heavy winds, but I couldn't figure out how to make them. Plus they have an odd shading. In some directions, they are very bright and in other directions they are darker. Most likely a fault in the way I made them from lack of knowledge. If I ever find a way to fix these issues, I will update the flags.
-- Some tweaks to the night lighting and also enabled the lights to turn on when it rains.
-- Incorporated my grass changes directly into the kn5 file so it would be easier for people to make their own track skins.
-- Little tweaks to the ai sidelines to keep them off the raised kerbs. If you use a 3rd party ai already, then you may not need this.
-- Re-made the starting position file for the 40 pit GP layout from Paprika. Thanks to @Quikslvr for pointing it out to me. It must have been created for online use because he had the cars lined up in a position of the road that wasn't part of the track. This caused the ai cars in the back not to move at the start. It's not perfect and the tail end cars take some time to get moving, but at least they move now.
-- Fixed blurry Paddock area texture
-- Added semaphore lighting to start lights

One thing I still want to do is find a way to bring back the mow lines that the real track has. I've got some ideas on a way to do it, but I didn't want to hold up the release just for that.

View attachment 1286295

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if you find the tree shadowing too dark, you can try unremarking the very last section in the ext_config file. I go back and forth between which way I prefer so I left the code in there for people to decide for themselves.
Link updated with new version, but if you have already downloaded the track, just download the attached zip file. No need to download the whole track again.

Changes:
-- Added new ext_config file and cams from @CrisT86 . The original config is included if you prefer it, but why would you? The man knows what he's doing.
-- Added new cams from @racealot
-- Added small grass track skin if you find the default grass to be a little dull. The skin adds a bit of saturation and a bit of yellow tint to the grass areas. Sorry, still no mow lines yet. That's coming, but it was a bit more work than I expected.

Attachments

• rj_doningtonpark2023_updates.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
"CompactGUI transparently compresses your games and programs reducing the space they use without affecting their functionality. It used to use the Windows 10 compact.exe function but now works directly with the Win32 API to be much more efficient."

Simple instructions:
Download CompactGUI exe (from here ), or direct download link

Save the exe somewhere on your drive and run it , then select your Assetto Corsa car folder (or a specific car subfolder )
and press (re)compress. (you can choose some extra options, like to have it skip some files which are known to not compress too much anyway, but I left everything as per default. I think CM tool also uses somthing similar compresses only some filetypes (hence the compactGUI gives still additional gain, but not sure exactly... )

ps: Next I think I may attempt compressing the track folder, as I'm sure there's also alot to be gained there!
Thank you! I saved 35gb :D Now I have 75gb free against 45 gb before using compact gui (I know I have little free space compared to what should technically be kept free on an SSD)

A chap called Chris Hands had posted a BTCC mod with 31 cars which he'd modified, mostly from old Sim Dream assets. I can't find the links now as the original posts have been deleted from Facebook. I managed to grab the 27 car version but just wanted to see if anyone had a link to the updated version. I don't know how extensive the modifications were but any improvement over Sim Dream is worthwhile!

Also, incredibly long shot, but does anyone know of a Skoda Fabia VRS mod as I used to have one of these and loved that car so much. The rally version I've found is fine but has lights so can't easily reskin it to look like the road version.

For those who have been following or downloading my Michelin Le Mans Cup P3 skins, I have made some updates to a number of them as well as a few new skins. New is the #2 CD Sport Ligier, the #20 United Autosport as well as updated #22 & #23 and new #97 of Cool Racing to accompany the updated #87. These are for the fsr_ligia_jsp320 mod. These skins will simply overwrite any previous version.
I hope to clean up a few more skins in the near future. in the mean time, enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/rkYGCZ4L#mkI3AFhXo49EXXfqvzdFQYjghBSr7I9EjP8qePaujMo

View attachment 1286511
View attachment 1286512
View attachment 1286513
View attachment 1286514
View attachment 1286515
I've downloaded these but can't get them installed on the car. I've tried putting each skin into the car folder, into the skin folder, and each time I just get the broken windows symbol in content manager. I don't know how to do screen shots or I would show you what I'm seeing.

Random question, how are your laptimes at the Indy road course compare to the IRL time this weekend? The pole time in the 963 is a 1:13.6, meanwhile GTD pole is 1:23.0

In game my best effort is in the 1:19 in absolute quali trim with ACF LMDh, AI GTD cars are running in the 1:29s

I'm not sure I have 6 seconds to find here...

Also um...when the grid was loaded with 43 cars:
1694913232102.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys! Sorry for ask but do You remember a bug whit estrange ligjths under/sides of the cars? I read is a issue whit csp but can't find the solución for this problem...i mean is not a problema of headlights..is a estrange ilumminated zone..thanks in avance!

I've downloaded these but can't get them installed on the car. I've tried putting each skin into the car folder, into the skin folder, and each time I just get the broken windows symbol in content manager. I don't know how to do screen shots or I would show you what I'm seeing.
@Jezza819

Strange, since this is the first time hearing this . You have the fsr mod ? Content manager and CSP?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

While we're on the topic of fsr_ligia_jsp320 mod, here is an update to the #28 MV2S racing P3 Ligier as well as a new skin, the #29 sister car as well.

https://mega.nz/file/LtoA3SgR#OCQs9-IwntTnCg0KxpYQ-EXRvLKGs1cV1NB2NTaj7wI

20230916-224337-ks_barcelona-fsr_ligia_jsp320.jpg

MV2S 28 & 29 pic.PNG

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back