Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,774 comments
for you maybe, not for me, LODs are essential for me to be able to run races with several cars without performance problems, since simplygon was stop many modders haven't been looking for workarounds, but ACTK must have found one because he's still making them. Yes, I like his work because it's not just reuploading but optimizing and correcting minor bugs, but if creators were a little more careful, he wouldn't need to touch them. When I ask him for a correction, he does it without any problem, and I'm sure that if modders asked him for a correction, he'd do it out of pleasure.

So the guys that ACTUALLY do all the work on THEIR stuff should ask the guy that steals their stuff ??? Is this real ?

So if someone broke into your home, stole your Tamiya model car, 'upgraded. it then kept it for himself you'd be fine ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Palomitas Putin.jpg

Call me crazy, but I prefer the non LCS picture. The colors are more vibrant, especially the sky, and the overall color palette looks more realistic. Just my opinion.
You're Crazy! 🤪

Well, you did ask us to call you that. 😁

At this point, I'm still adapting to LCS. I really like the way light and shadows look in general, but I don't like the way car tyres appear more grey than black. Some other black levels also aren't looking as black as I'd like either. Overall though, I'm going to stick with it as I get a greater sense of depth from the shading overall. And I'm sure it will get better with further development too.

Skins for Aston Ulster (1931 to 1937)Skins Ferrari 212 Inter (for me, I decided to separate them into 3 models, 195s, 166mm and 195s/166mm Coupe (all with slightly different "DATA" files).

For now, for you, here are all the skins for LM1950 and Targa Florio 1950 (they serve in Ferrai 212 Inter).
SKINS ASTON ULSTER
SKINS FERRARI 212 Inter
could you share the aston ulster (1931 to 1935) for your skins ? thanks in advance

@Peter Boese : just wanted say thank you again for all your work, I've been testing LCS compatibility with Pure's latest version and I'm pleasantly surprised by the results :)

P.S: you'll probably see lots of "not right things" in these screens but to my non-expert eyes it just looks great 😅
Hey, sorry but all will be different soon. I stopped the transformation of Pure (current version) to LCS.
I describe it here:

@Peter Boese in the default WeatherFX debug app, rain thickness can apparently be overridden at set at 0mm, enabling the full wet visuals but without the loss of grip.
Does such an option exist in Pure, letting us enjoy the visual rain effects in full glory but maintaining normal grip?
This would be very useful in races where changeable weather is wanted (eg, the race starts dry and sunny, but then a thunderstorm rolls in and dumps its load for a lap or two, then the sun comes out again and the race finishes dry) without the need to pit twice to change tyres just so you can stay on the track. Pit stops in AC are pretty clunky and normally involve teleporting and ghost cars, so are often best avoided to maintain immersion.
No, this is just an internal CSP debug override. Actually it should be a user setting in CM/CSP, like "rain physics scaling" but there is still the persistence of competition. So how could it be prevented for races and such.

So it should never be part of a weather script or such thing.

Last edited:
No, this is just an internal CSP debug override. Actually it should be a user setting in CM/CSP, like "rain physics scaling" but there is still the persistence of competition. So how could it be prevented for races and such.

So it should never be part of a weather script or such thing.
Surely there must be a way to allow it for single player in Pure though?
It can apparently be activated in default WeatherFX, but not with Pure, as it says the weather controller is not compatible.

thats just the cpu bottleneck. in single player the cpu has not realy to do many. so the gpu can reach its maximum performance. But with 32 Ai the CPU is fully loaded doing physics and other stuff and so the GPU must wait for the end of that cycle to get the data for the graphics to draw and it has not realy much to do in that big time frame.

So just think about, that your CPU can't reach 90 fps with 32 AI currently. So the only thing you could do is reducing AI or gaining CPU speed. Maybe the car mod has its influence on that too.

And if you just want to technically reach your GPUs limits with 32 AI, you could just increase graphics settings like extraFX or other expensive graphics settings, but it will not gain your fps, it will just gain the time the gpu needs to draw the frame and so it will again reach that flat line.
I've ran an underpowered cpu for some time, and I can confirm that cpu bottlenecking introduces much more stuttering than gpu bottlenecking.

A gpu bottleneck generally just results in a low but fairly steady framerate, opposed to cpu bottlemecking which will often cause constant fps drops, inconsistent frametimes and generally annoying behaviour not really affected by graphics settings.

A cpu bottleneck can also be confusing to identify, at least for an amateur like me. It can occur on single cores or multiple cores and so on, and the cpu usage isn't always a straight forward number.

for you maybe, not for me, LODs are essential for me to be able to run races with several cars without performance problems, since simplygon was stop many modders haven't been looking for workarounds, but ACTK must have found one because he's still making them. Yes, I like his work because it's not just reuploading but optimizing and correcting minor bugs, but if creators were a little more careful, he wouldn't need to touch them. When I ask him for a correction, he does it without any problem, and I'm sure that if modders asked him for a correction, he'd do it out of pleasure.
My two cents on this (because i'm not rich, I only have two cents to drop), is that you can enjoy him doing Lods because you actually need it. That's fine, but in the same time not think that what the dude do is morally okay and that it's people who actually did 90% of the work to ask that guy to do the 10% remaining.

I have contributed to other people cars, like for example Forbys sauber, I did a 3D modification, simple one. From shark fin to no shark fin version. It's a visible contribution, but just like 10%, instead of giving to him, and that he update the car to include my changes and everyone can enjoy the car from a single source.

Now this is what he doesn't do. Now you are kind of ****ting on the morality, fork the car and makes his own change, now you have two different source for the car, and if the original modder improve it then you won't have those changes on the other car, and so you end up with having two source for the car with different "improvements" instead of having one single car with all the improvements.

Who wins? not the original modder, not the community, just the ego of the guy that wanted clout

__custom_showroom_1718022433.jpg

DELETE THE OLD CAR

Wiper Animation on LOD fixed

Physic Update by Peugeot905
----------------------------------

Changelog updated physics by Peugeot905

ai.ini
-reduced values to braking and trailing hints
-Reduction in steering gain value(should reduce understeer)
-The AI downshift changed to 81%, which means faster acceleration for the AI.

-Reduction of inertia
-Reduction of mass (1080 kg including the driver in data folder/data.acd)
-onboard settings updated
-new aero implementation
-increased fuel consumption
-correct fuel tank size to 65L
-improved aero balance
-slight setup tweaks

For best lap times warm up tyres for 2 to 3 laps.

Last edited:
1960s Longford

A standalone version of Longford_67 based on the Legion and @slider666 version of the track. All credits for the track go to them. To be honest, there wasn't anything wrong with the track. I just didn't like some missing CSP features and the overall texture brightness and colors. So I made the track look more to my liking. People seem to prefer that I do these as standalone tracks so that's what I did.

1960s Longford

Additions\Changes:

-- Added animated flags on the front stretch and all track flagmen.
-- Texture\shader adjustments to eliminate the washed out look the track had, at least on my system. Very much ppfilter related so you may not like the changes.
-- Two alternative track skins. One gives a burnt out appearance to the grass and trees, more like the original Longford_67 track had. One gives a greener appearance to the grass and trees. I left the grass and trees as separate skins so you can mix and match to get something more to your liking. I.E, you could choose to use the default trees with the greener grass.
-- New collision physics .kn5 file to eliminate the sticky fences. I didn't do all of them for now. I only did the ones I felt might matter. I'll eventually get all of them. Thanks to @pugsang for the instructions on how to do it. Hopefully I did it correctly.
-- New ai lines for the default track. This is a tricky one. How well the ai works on this track is greatly dependent on the car mod. Some mods work well, some struggle. A lot of it has to do with how narrow the track is in some spots and you just can't get wider cars through some areas side by side. If you find my new ai just doesn't work for the cars you are racing, there is an Original_AI folder and an Optional_AI folder you can try instead.
-- New timing .kn5 file to get the cars spread out a little at the start of the race. Helps the AI make it through the first lap.
-- New timing .kn5 file for the reverse layout. The original timing file was an absolute mess. It had the cars line up after the s/f line and in the wrong order at the start of the race and the pit slots were reversed.
-- New sidelines for the reverse layout to help get the ai through the first turn better. They take it a little wide, but I had to do it that way to make it work.
-- A host of new replay cams for both layouts from @CrisT86 , @DaBaeda and one from myself.
-- New ext_config done by @CrisT86. Don't ask me what changes he made. I only know it works well.

Notes about the config:

-- If you want a darker or lighter road surface, open up the ext_config file in Notepad++ Change the ambient and diffuse values for the three entries from line 489 through 505.
-- The base ext_config has no snow days. If you want at least one day of snow to drive in, go to the extension folder and delete or rename the ext_config file. Rename ext_config_with_snow to ext_config and set your date to July 20-22.

As always, please point out any mistakes so I can fix them. I'm not an expert at this stuff.

View attachment 1223459
Link has been updated with a small, unnecessary update that I imagine most will skip. It's just something that bothered me when I went back to the track after not driving it for awhile.

-- Applied the @Masscot cable fix to all of the powerlines.

Question about the rain. I rarely use rain races, but I definitely remember that I have never had such a problem before. some cars (not all), some standard, some modified, when driving in the rain, have a translucent hood through which the road is visible. csp 0.2.4-preview1-full What could be the problem?
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2024.06.10 - 17.06.10.86.png

Is lods pertinent when CPU is bottlneck? I have some people that suffer slowdown, like the car is moving a lot slower, and it take multiple seconds to be at 250km/h on unoptimized track + Pyver extension. But it's not a constant freeze, the fps is fine. And the AI seems unaffected too

If it is, I might start doing lods for the cars

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back