Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,536 comments
Thanks. Mine is still looking for Simplygon to be installed so I guess this only works if you had it installed before.
I use the latest version 0.8.2686.39678 of content manager, that asked me to install "Polygon Cruncher 14" to generate LODs.
And this works without a problem with my preset, that I already saved in Simplygon days. And I don't really see a difference to the LODs I generated with Simplygon.

Wasn't there a viper somebody on here said they were going to release weeks ago? did I miss it?
I guess you're talking about this one:

You can upgrade it to v1.6 in Content Manager and then add Mascot's improvements

The problem I have is it has no tyre sounds for me. Don't know why though

But of course there's a way to avoid this. For those cars you have to click on the option "MERGE AS BLACK" and remove the entry "!$CarPaint," for LOD D. The only negative aspect is, that the resulting LOD D will have more meshes, than with this entry. But there's no other solution and it's still better for the performance of the game to have a LOD D with some more meshes than to have no LOD D.
Just test it.
This is the wrong way to do it. The solution is very simple, place the name of the skin paint mesh in here the car paint meshes box.

1724673063645.png

material:whatever the material name of the skin is

Last edited:
Jidé 1600 S - Valvoline Classic Livery

Here's a classic version of the Valvoline livery for this little monster, touchy at times under braking, and with surprising FFB behaviour (fictional of course).

Have been reading some livery-creators had some issues with compressed-files which can distort the image somewhat - and would tend to agree as I only use GIMP, and not some supa-dupa paid Image editing software.

To that end, the default skin-file is an uncompressed 2K file, with a 4K alternative for high-end PC spec users - so now you have a choice.

Also enclosed is a simple CM showroom preview-preset.

jide_1600_s__Valvoline#28.png

DOWNLOAD

Happy racing!

ps. don't forget to delete whichever skin-file is not in use...

Last edited:
Sorry folks, for anyone that downloaded v2.5, please download again to v2.5.1. We found a corrupt AI file that should now be fixed.
The post quoted has been edited.
Thx for this amazing version, finally one that's believable.
But... just a small detail that would make a big difference: Pleeeaaase give the drainage grid in the pit lane texture! Every time I cross it it kills the immersion for a moment and I just can't get over it... call me monk ;-)

Cheers!

UPDATE/HOTFIXES

-many stickers adjusted/re-positioned

-kart-o-mania sticker added to the front

No more updates for this one in my opinion this is now good to go.

drag and drop to install

Screenshot (635).png

Last edited:
Hi Peter,
thanks for replying.
I have two error messages.
I tried to reset the CSP settings anyway to no avail.

View attachment 1384168View attachment 1384169
which CSP do you use? actually it seems it is not properly installed!
Try to delete the dwrite.dll in AC root folder and install it again. If you have a CSP preview, install it manually by extracting the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to AC root folder.

which CSP do you use? actually it seems it is not properly installed!
Try to delete the dwrite.dll in AC root folder and install it again. If you have a CSP preview, install it manually by extracting the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to AC root folder.
I think I found what the bottleneck was.
I was running the 0.1.79 version.
Deleted that one and installed the 0.2.4 version.
Now it looks like it should!

Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

the only reason to start (entry-level) modding :-D recreating my own car :-) base-model is from Blaze, added some parts from other cars (intercooler, skirts) and modfied them to fit the car. I know its not perfect, I know it´s not nice borrow other meshes.. but it´s my personal beginning, learning and only for personal use :-)

does anybody know good tutorial (maybe in german) for blender? there are tons of vids arount the web..
Screenshot_blz_mazda_6_mps1_ddm_gt6_r246_26-7-124-17-9-36.jpg
Screenshot_blz_mazda_6_mps1_ddm_gt6_r246_26-7-124-17-8-34.jpg
DJI_0126-Bearbeitet.jpg

Last edited:
Istanbul Park 2021

Istanbul Park 2021

I completed most of my updates for the istanbul_park track done by Enver Bozkaya (SRTR), ACU, OSRW & the AC Reboot Team. All credit for the track go to those guys, not me. I had intended it to be a mod for the original track, but the list of changes grew bigger than expected so I decided to keep it a standalone track. I know some people hate that and some like it, but I think it was necessary.

I do intend to keep tweaking things moving forward, but I think the track is in a good enough place now for people to enjoy. I would still like to get a better look for the inner grass and I have to figure out a better setup for the main straight windows. I'd like them to be transparent, but can't seem to figure out why they are so dark.

If you are using any of my past test versions, please delete the old track folder first.

List of changes from the past test versions:

-- Changed the track name to Istanbul Park 2021 since I based a lot of my changes around an F1 2021 video.
-- Grass tweaks, still not where I want it.
-- Time of day and lap number displays for the start gantry.
-- A few more trees added to dead space areas.
-- Fixed a reversed sponsor banner on one of the bridges. Let me know if I missed any other ones please.
-- Collision physics to some of the tyrewalls that were missing them.
-- I prefer the kerb cones as non-moveable objects, so by default they are pass thru objects. If you prefer them to be moveable, there is a track skin named MoveableKerbCones that you can enable so they move again.
-- Support for Pyyer's F1 Classics and Bring it Back extensions. Please read the included Directions text file so you know how to install what's needed for his extensions. It's pretty simple. Install my track. Install his extensions into my track folder. Install the contents of the 'Files_for_Pyyer_extensions' folder and overwrite when it asks. I tested each extension and didn't see any issues, but please let me know if I screwed up any of them.

As always, feedback for improvements is welcome as well as pointing out any mistakes I made.
My Istanbul track has been updated to a new version. Use the link in the quote to get the update. I believe you can simply extract and overwrite your existing files when it asks, but the safest route would be to delete your existing track folder first and start fresh. Try the overwrite method first and if you have any issues, just start fresh. Also remember to extract the files for the Pyyer extensions if you own\use them.

Thanks to @rickety35235 for pointing out these issues that needed fixed.

-- Fixed the incorrect point on pit road where the pit speed limiter would kick in. It should now start right at the pit line not well before it like it did before.
-- Fixed the drs zones activation point to align with the placement of the drs markers. Previously, drs kicked in way before the markers.
-- Added a 50 pit layout as per a request from Low Fuel Motorsports so they can use the track in their online races. The 50 pit layout may or may not work for offline races. The way the pit spots needed placed may not work right in an offline race. You can try it and see what happens. If you have no interest in the 50 pit layout, feel free to delete it from the track folder to save a little disk space.

Last edited:
Question: does anyone know how to create sectors for the track? I know that I need to edit the overlays.ini file, but I have no idea how to get the "world position" data.

Thanks.

This is the wrong way to do it. The solution is very simple, place the name of the skin paint mesh in here the car paint meshes box.

View attachment 1384198

material:whatever the material name of the skin is
Both of these seem to have the same effect, thanks.

EDIT: Scratch that, placing the skin paint mesh name (in the FLM09's case, "carpaint.dds") with the "material:x" command in that field does NOT work - LOD D is still completely black when I do that. Only Frank's initial suggestion seems to properly generate LOD D.

I am still having the "disappearing" skins though. The LODs work, the model stays visible and of tangibly good quality, but once I get ~50 meters away from the car, in cockpit or in free cam, the skin pops into blank white.

The LODs do indeed show up in CM Showroom when opening the .kn5.

"Bespoke" LODs, like for the VRC 499P and RSS Lambo EVO2, work with no issue. The skins still show as LOD B, C and D kick in. It's just for these LODs from the CM generator that seem to be having this problem.

I've also posted on the CSP Discord - will report back if I hear.

Last edited:
My Istanbul track has been updated to a new version. Use the link in the quote to get the update. I believe you can simply extract and overwrite your existing files when it asks, but the safest route would be to delete your existing track folder first and start fresh. Try the overwrite method first and if you have any issues, just start fresh. Also remember to extract the files for the Pyyer extensions if you own\use them.

Thanks to @rickety35235 for pointing out these issues that needed fixed.

-- Fixed the incorrect point on pit road where the pit speed limiter would kick in. It should now start right at the pit line not well before it like it did before.
-- Fixed the drs zones activation point to align with the placement of the drs markers. Previously, drs kicked in way before the markers.
-- Added a 50 pit layout as per a request from Low Fuel Motorsports so they can use the track in their online races. The 50 pit layout may or may not work for offline races. The way the pit spots needed placed may not work right in an offline race. You can try it and see what happens. If you have no interest in the 50 pit layout, feel free to delete it from the track folder to save a little disk space.
Small mistake on my part. I forgot to add the updated models files for the Pyyer extensions. If you use them, please replace the existing files with these ones. The full Istanbul track mod includes these already for anyone just downloading the update I posted above.

Thanks to @Perico Lospa for the heads up.

Attachments

• instanbul_fix.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
X90
Both of these seem to have the same effect, thanks.

EDIT: Scratch that, placing the skin paint mesh name (in the FLM09's case, "carpaint.dds") with the "material:x" command in that field does NOT work - LOD D is still completely black when I do that. Only Frank's initial suggestion seems to properly generate LOD D.
No that's not what I meant, you put in the name of the material not the texture file name. This will create a more optimised LOD_D than the other method. This one:

1724713952489.png

So for the Calibra you would use material:BODY and another car you might use material:EXT_Car_Paint, just whatever the material for the specific car is called. Sorry if I didn't explain it properly

Last edited:
No that's not what I meant, you put in the name of the material not the texture file name. This will create a more optimised LOD_D than the other method. This one:

View attachment 1384371

So for the Calibra you would use material:BODY and another car you might use material:EXT_Car_Paint, just whatever the material for the specific car is called. Sorry if I didn't explain it properly
Cheers, this is great. This Material, for those who aren't aware, is found by clicking on various parts of the car in CM Showroom. And, if "Body" Material isn't enough, you can comma in multiple materials - I added "material:Tyre, material:Rims". Works a treat - a really decent looking LOD D. Thanks again.

Update after more investigation into the skin popping: it's actually not the default skin that is popping - rather, just the colors of the skins are being "whited" out. If I looked closely, the livery stickers, sponsors and number plate are all still there - the "white cars" have actually only lost their color scheme when switching LODs.

Extremely strange. I'll try and grab some more screenshots and continue to investigate.

EDIT: Disabling IER's ext_config.ini by renaming it solves the color pop-in problem. The issue is in there somewhere.

Not even IER's ext_config, an unofficial one from the CM GitHub database, and from what I can tell, an old one at that with a bunch of weird materials settings. The newer one I downloaded doesn't have any of this stuff. It all works now.

Last edited:
the only reason to start (entry-level) modding :-D recreating my own car :-) base-model is from Blaze, added some parts from other cars (intercooler, skirts) and modfied them to fit the car. I know its not perfect, I know it´s not nice borrow other meshes.. but it´s my personal beginning, learning and only for personal use :-)

does anybody know good tutorial (maybe in german) for blender? there are tons of vids arount the web..
View attachment 1384232View attachment 1384233View attachment 1384234
nice project, I just check Blaze patreon for the base model, but nothing about the Mazda 6, where I can find it? please

Just trying out the VRC Apha 2024 in a single player championship. For some reason, I was not able to hide the halo or even make it transparent. Also, at the beginning of the race, half the field smashedi into the pit wall almost crashing my PC, even after retarting the race several times. Such a shame, wonderful car to drive. Appreciate any ideas/advice/experience anyone might have on the two issues described above. Much thanks! P.S. Clean reinstalling the mod doesn't seem to help...

Just trying out the VRC Apha 2024 in a single player championship. For some reason, I was not able to hide the halo or even make it transparent. Also, at the beginning of the race, half the field smashedi into the pit wall almost crashing my PC, even after retarting the race several times. Such a shame, wonderful car to drive. Appreciate any ideas/advice/experience anyone might have on the two issues described above. Much thanks! P.S. Clean reinstalling the mod doesn't seem to help...

I would try to setup the AI field with the non CSP version

I think you should ask kpcart. I have not purchased simdream product. I only asked kpcart for context and clarification of his opinion.
My oppinion is from a couple cars i bought this week. Simdream have improved a lot, they offer cars not stolen from other modders anymore, though they seem to work with a few other groups and share data (RTT - who is making excellent f1 mods). some are conversions (i dont know if the newer mods are), but so are some on gtplanet, most people here are haters of them so will ridicule everything they do on pure principle and wont even try their mods. I try not to buy mods, if you want to try some 2024 built simdream mods for free, im sure telegram, reddit and kemono will help you ;)

Calibra2.jpg

I seen on the other Calibra that is on Overtake that it had dirt and damage textures
im just a amateur playing with the files in 3DSimEd, it works but I don't know if i did it correct as the structure of the main kn5 file is different on both models. Anyone more experienced then me wants to take a look at it?
Do the lod files also need the textures because I see the dust layer on the car in replay popping in and out at certain distance

If driven on sand it will leave dust on the car, rubbing other cars will leave scratch marks on the body

Here are the 4 files for the layers + the edited kn5 file for the ones that want to help,
for now I have those 4 texture files copied to each team folder for testing

Attachments

• Calibra Overtake.JPG
    Calibra Overtake.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Calibra GTplanet.JPG
    Calibra GTplanet.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Calibra My Edit.JPG
    Calibra My Edit.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
shi
Barcelona 1994 v1.01

View attachment 1381434
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya with 1994 layout.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-40 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Track by F1-S-R (ASR)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and Sections file by @Fanapryde
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Connor - Timonike.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

Added Sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)
Fixed tire chicane. (Thanks Tibi for the report.)
Updated ai_hints.ini and ext_config.ini.

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Barcelona 1994 v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
Added Sections file by @Fanapryde . (Thanks)
Fixed tire chicane. (Thanks @Tibi for the report.)
Updated ai_hints.ini and ext_config.ini.
shi
Rome ePrix Season9 v1.01

View attachment 1383408
The Circuito cittadino dell'EUR was a street circuit located in the EUR neighborhood in Rome, Italy. On 3 February 2021, a new and longer layout was announced for the circuit, which is 3.385 km (2.103 mi) in length and features 19 turns. (Wikipedia)

Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (MEGA)
v1.01 Updated file only

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Leo_J.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)

Requests are currently not being accepted.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/important-notice-108110777

Rome ePrix Season9 v1.01
The link is in the quote.
v1.01 Updated file only

v1.01 changelog;
Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)

Jidé 1600 S - Marlboro Classic Livery

Another classic livery that's made it down the grapevine for this mod.

Same as the Valvoline livery, default skin-file is 2K uncompressed, and a 4K alternative for high-end PCs. Just rename it and get rid of the one not in use (or keep both ;)).

jide_1600_s__Marlboro#27.png

DOWNLOAD

Happy racing!

Note: If you haven't yet, check out perorocino's liveries on RD - this guy is on fire at the moment - creating many, many liveries (TIA).

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back