Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,892 comments
sorry to harp on but i may of misread what you wrote. I didn't delete any code from the ext_config.ini file in any of zink5i's skins they were left as is i only changed it for the other original skins sorry for the wrong info
I get an alert while loading, then the Venturi loads fine but one of the lods is kinda weird, weird shadow under the car, etc...
haven't checked which one.
There's also some front wheel clipping in the lot.

Nice updates. Thanks!
Great fun at Spa, and they burn a lot of sparks in the Eau Rouge dip. AI seems to crash and spin a little more than usual too, which is always welcome.
Not a fan of the 'shower screen' frosting on the windscreen in low sun (it's like driving through mist) so if you want, try the attached internal glass DDS for a more scratched/dirty version. Had to create a new DDS for this as the internal glass mapping is a little weird.

Also spotted some sun getting into the cockpit through bodywork seams so add this to the config to tidy those up:
Code:
 ;stop sun getting places it shouldn't
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = WCCARBODY
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1
@GT3Masters97 further to the above, here's a revised digital_instruments.ini that corrects the z-coordinates of the floating digits on the MoTeC, and fixes the red rev LEDs, which now all have a shift-up 10Hz blink when revs hit 6700rpm.
(remove the .txt extension)

The wiper works fine for me. Not sure why others are having problems.
The only bad thing about the wiper is its AO bake on the glass which remains as a vertical shadow even when the wiper blade is sweeping.
Be good if this shadow could be omitted in any update.

Edit: I just noticed that the wiper sweeps smoothly, even though the blade's 'parked' position is vertically in the middle of the sweep.
I'm pretty sure that vertical wipers like this always had a short pause in the sweep at the vertical position as the animation looped. Has this been fixed in a recent CSP update?

1726819771898.png

Attachments

• digital_instruments.ini.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
FORD GT GT1 MATECH 2010

After a long time, it's finally out too. I would like to thank @Chem_Flummi infinitely for giving me a great help.

Original mod: BEM
3D updates: ChemFlummi, PaddockClubMods
Physics: ChemFlummi
Digital instruments: PaddockClubMods
Shaders/Scripts: PaddockClubMods, ChemFlummi
Animations: PaddockClubMods (this is why they suck LOL)
Sound: ChemFlummi
Skins rework: PaddockClubMods

The rules are always the same, no reuploads with other links and for anything we are here. 😎

Download --> https://mega.nz/file/msZgnTSa#nCLWnsv3Z6J-YPDUjmN5qd0IHsy7XKbugi0GjA3cVW8
very nice update. thank you for that. I wish the fenders of such a beautiful car were not like a car that had an accident. also the brake discs are always red

Attachments

• Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_spa_20-8-124-11-5-40.png
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_spa_20-8-124-11-5-40.png
    380.8 KB · Views: 1
Here's some quick-and-dirty RainFX for leomaldonadoh's just-released Autodromo Las Vizcachas, if anyone wants it. Just create an "extension" folder in the track folder, rename ext_config.txt to ext_config.ini, and drop it in.

I also had to darken some of the textures as they were way too bright for me, but if the default looks OK on your system, just comment out or delete the [SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...] lines.

View attachment 1390671
Thanks for this. It's a really great-looking track and finally gives hope that photogrammetry might actually work if combined well with traditional 3D assets, without everything looking like melted ice cream. It certainly gives more of a naturally organic look to the environment. Even the best manually-textured tracks can look rather fake by comparison.
I noticed that the trees have planar shading so the normals probably aren't pointing vertically.
Add this to correct that, but you might need to adjust the ambient and diffuse values for personal preference (I've not tried it in conjunction with your own config adjustments yet).
I had to point the normals vertically down for some reason, pointing up didn't work. It sometimes doesn't.
Code:
;fix tree normals (should work if ksTree shader is used)
[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, -1, 0; 0, 1e9, 0
DESCRIPTION= lighten/darken trees after normal fix above
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
PROP_... = ksAmbient, 0.4 ;adjust for personal preference
PROP_... = ksDiffuse, 0.4 ;adjust for personal preference

Last edited:
looool bit confused? SKIN.dds is what you need to rename the main skin to.

The "body_map.png" i never touched dont even no what it does.....not alot from what i can see

if you still have issues i can just send you the entire car, everything works as it should on mine i have even got Zink5ki stuff to work on the OG skins so they have no passenger seat with working skins

what threw me of was looking in "CM showroom" instead of just "showroom" and wondering why it was always borked
I think it's better if you can send me your mod, because it goes from bad to worst on my side.
Screenshot_f302_venturi_600lm_le_mans_1998_20-8-124-12-22-43.jpg

Here's a challenge for the braves, i've been tweaking the AI a bit lately and recreating some vintage races and i'm quite proud of this one. If you guys could have a look and give me feedbacks, i need to know if it's challenging enough.
Thoroughly enjoyed the videos - what a tough competitor that #62 - diving late in front of you in that horseshoe-turn, you having to go on the inside, clipping the tall grass coming out of the turn - the effects were awesome... Tell me, you're obviously driving in VR mode - what hardware do you have? Cause the immersion is phenomenal, thanks. Going to start saving immediately for it so it doesn't break the household budget... :lol:

Opel Calibra DTM - Classic Gulf Livery WIP

Personally, this is a classic livery for me, which I'm happy to include in the collection...

opel_calibra_dtm__gulf-007_1.png

opel_calibra_dtm__gulf-007_2.png

opel_calibra_dtm__gulf-007_3.png

Well, not here.
Do I have to perform some kind of wizzardry maybe ?
I’m on the latest CSP, all my other cars have working wipers (as far as they are present)
Very weird. They should work as normal, there's nothing unusual that I can see.
I can only suggest installing the car again?

Very weird. They should work as normal, there's nothing unusual that I can see.
I can only suggest installing the car again?
Thanks, but I tried that a few times already, not that it helped, even tried other CSP versions, also didn’t get the wipers to work.

EDIT: forgot to mention that after my last reinstall I now have a wiper sound, but it still doesn't move...

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the videos - what a tough competitor that #62 - diving late in front of you in that horseshoe-turn, you having to go on the inside, clipping the tall grass coming out of the turn - the effects were awesome... Tell me, you're obviously driving in VR mode - what hardware do you have? Cause the immersion is phenomenal, thanks. Going to start saving immediately for it so it doesn't break the household budget... :lol:
It's strictly NeckFX here, i'm a long term mono-screen user (i get motion sickness in VR and the kids scare the **** outta me each time they jump in in the middle of a race).

I use Reshade for some extra immersivity, and either test ppfilters from others or use mines. Apart from that, i'm running AC in 2K with a 7800Xt which is "quite" affordable.

Good afternoon. Question about editing tracks. The essence of the question is, on the track, in a narrow closed city section along the edges, near the walls, there are lamp posts, and bots regularly drive slightly beyond the road, crash into these posts, flying apart in different directions and causing massive blockages in this narrow corridor. Is it possible to use ext_config.ini without hiding the visual part of the post, but disable its physical part? In other words, is it possible to disable collisions with posts, while leaving them visible, using ext_config.ini?

First of all, thanks to everyone for the comments, now let's see what we can do. 😎

As for the windshield wipers, I'm almost sure it's a CSP problem because, with the latest update, it became impossible for me to create them and sometimes they don't work (on various cars and not consistently). In fact, I won't deny that also on some circuits it rains inside all the cars and on others it doesn't. So I'll try to fix everything with the next CSP update, hoping it works. I also have to temporarily give up on the z3m because I tried in every way to create them but nothing, they don't work.

As for the fenders, yes, I can fix them. I didn't do it before because... I forgot to do that LOL

As for the brake discs that always stay lit, it's a bug not related to the car, it happens to me sometimes and with various cars.

The fix to prevent sun getting into the cockpit through bodywork and the fix for the motec will be added in the next update (thanks @Masscot) :D

Last edited:
Good afternoon. Question about editing tracks. The essence of the question is, on the track, in a narrow closed city section along the edges, near the walls, there are lamp posts, and bots regularly drive slightly beyond the road, crash into these posts, flying apart in different directions and causing massive blockages in this narrow corridor. Is it possible to use ext_config.ini without hiding the visual part of the post, but disable its physical part? In other words, is it possible to disable collisions with posts, while leaving them visible, using ext_config.ini?
it might be possible by redefining those meshes in surfaces.ini using extended track physics

prolly better to make new sidelines and AI

I get an alert while loading, then the Venturi loads fine but one of the lods is kinda weird, weird shadow under the car, etc...
haven't checked which one.
There's also some front wheel clipping in the lot.

I don't no if your having an issue with the one i posted up or not, i just checked mine and have no weird shadows although i do have a warning about banner.png/lod1 or something. Personally i dont worry about that as the car looks fine and i'm not a replay man or a full grid of car's type of dude i just do hotlaps so lod's for me in any capacity dont realy bother me although that banner warnng may just be code i removed i have no idea.

I think it's better if you can send me your mod, because it goes from bad to worst on my side.
View attachment 1390715
hahahahaahah thats the new lightweight Venturi fiar play your ahead of the game

i posted up a link to the one i have a page or 2 ago, should still be there

@GT3Masters97 i have noticed aswell that half may car's brake disc's dont light up at all some light up forever and some work.........its been a bug for a fair while now

Last edited:
I don't no if your having an issue with the one i posted up or not, i just checked mine and have no weird shadows although i do have a warning about banner.png/lod1 or something. Personally i dont worry about that as the car looks fine and i'm not a replay man or a full grid of car's type of dude i just do hotlaps so lod's for me in any capacity dont realy bother me although that banner warnng may just be code i removed i have no idea.

hahahahaahah thats the new lightweight Venturi fiar play your ahead of the game

i posted up a link to the one i have a page or 2 ago, should still be there

@GT3Masters97 i have noticed aswell that half may car's brake disc's dont light up at all some light up forever and some work.........its been a bug for a fair while now
Whooopsie, forgot to mention, I wasn't using your version. F302 car and Zinski's skins.

Working on another update to Brno, with some texture updates for a few adboards, and guff like animated birds added. But the main difference will be a complete overhaul of the tree textures.
Guess what, SimBin? Brno isn't a Christmas card scene with nothing but pine trees and firs, so this will be reflected in the variety of trees in the update.

1726846723554.png

Trees will all now be of the same high-resolution quality (rather than the 8-bit mishmash we had before) and new bespoke transparent treewalls are being created from the same textures.
Everything will be tone mapped and balanced to the environment.
Still WIP at the moment but it's already transformed the look of the track. Really pleased with the results so far.

1726847778893.png

Attachments

• 1726847191095.png
    1726847191095.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1726847293984.png
    1726847293984.png
    397.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 1726847547086.png
    1726847547086.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 1
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back