Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cipher22
Ewww. It's much worse from the back. Tried to slow down to no avail. Went through the middle cause it worked out for me in the last race.

Aw well. NEVER AGAIN!

Obvious by your reactions it wasn't on purpose. As well you're concerned enough I don't see this happening again from you. ;)

I used to have a real issue with WSGTC and getting through the first turn cleanly. Draft always threw me off from 2D not showing true speeds. I learned to see where my speed is and where it needs to be. As well you learn that draft and just brake earlier with out thinking after time.

Just remember with out any depth perception we are doing VERY well. It and g forces make real driving easier compared to SIM Racing.

OwensRacing
Obvious by your reactions it wasn't on purpose. As well you're concerned enough I don't see this happening again from you. ;)

I used to have a real issue with WSGTC and getting through the first turn cleanly. Draft always threw me off from 2D not showing true speeds. I learned to see where my speed is and where it needs to be. As well you learn that draft and just brake earlier with out thinking after time.

Just remember with out any depth perception we are doing VERY well. It and g forces make real driving easier compared to SIM Racing.

Good point about depth perception there. I actually ran on Friday with the Racing Line turned on mainly with the intent of using the braking markers to avoid rear-ending people. Wasnt 100% effective, but I think it helped overall.

Schadenfreude13
Good point about depth perception there. I actually ran on Friday with the Racing Line turned on mainly with the intent of using the braking markers to avoid rear-ending people. Wasnt 100% effective, but I think it helped overall.

Actually that line takes a lot of needed attention off the race going on around you. :) truly it's far better to learn with it off. IMO

Does anyone have a ballpark lap time for Grand Valley Reverse? I believe some of you ran some practice laps after Saturday's race... I've been 2:10.3XX on one of the stock tunes, and I have a feeling that I won't be nearly as close to the front at this round as I was at Madrid Mini.

StigsHero
In less than 48 hours we'll be playing Spec 2.0!!! :cheers:

I'm so excited. And I'm glad we are postponing the series for this week. College is kicking my butt.

Everyone go get your free X1 today. Even if you already have one.

OwensRacing
Actually that line takes a lot of needed attention off the race going on around you. :) truly it's far better to learn with it off. IMO

I generally do run with the line off. What I was using it for were those nice red brake markers to help me gauge where people were going to brake when I was drafting them.

Does anyone have a ballpark lap time for Grand Valley Reverse? I believe some of you ran some practice laps after Saturday's race... I've been 2:10.3XX on one of the stock tunes, and I have a feeling that I won't be nearly as close to the front at this round as I was at Madrid Mini.

I ran a very sloppy 2:11 after Saturday's race but I believe 2:05 is the time to aim at. Now I think with a bit of tuning I can find a couple of seconds, but I'm going to have to look down the back of the sofa for the other three or four seconds.

On a sillier note - This would be an ideal track to run the X2010s round in opposite directions: See what damage they inflict on each other when you smash them together at 500mph!

Yeah I took Tuesday off. So I'll be playing Forza all night after release and constantly checking the forums for updates on the update. ( I have a feeling we're probably gonna get it today around late evening Eastern time... just from past experience, just a hunch, don't bank on it)

Anyway, after I burn myself out on Forza 4, lol burnout - miss that game :_:, I'm gonna head into some race lounges for new Spec 2.0 awesomeness with all my GT online buddies. GREAT FUN SHALL BE.

Just in case anybody missed it, we will officially be postponing Round 3 until next week after Spec 2.0 is released. As stated before, I plan on having lounges open at our normal times/days (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday) so we can thoroughly test out the new update and see how it effects/improves our little Capp Cup. Since we don't really know all the details of what's coming our way I'm not planning anything specific on these nights, we'll just go with the flow and try out any new options that could pertain to our series or look fun to try out.

Download gods permitting, I plan on firing up the PS3 right after work tomorrow and will hopefully have a lounge open by 6pm EDT, earlier than usual but I expect all of us will be itching to get some new and improved GT5 time in ASAP!!! 👍

Finally figured out how to drive/tune the Caterham yesterday and with a new cockpit view for the car courtesy of Spec 2, it could make for an interesting race. If I could only find a way to coordinate a room fan to blow my hair relative to the speed of the car, we'd have a whole new racing experience!! I'd have to go out and buy a leather helmet, goggles and a scarf...lol.

Doesn't apply to the Capp Cup, but I'm really looking forward to the new restrictions that are possible in online lobbies. It would be great if you can just pick one car and everyone has to have that car. In the Caterham lobby, aptly entitled, "Caterham Only", people were constantly coming in and saying, "Can I use an Evora/Elise/NSX/everything but a Caterham"? And the host, unlike our iron-fisted Brandon, actually kept sighing out loud as he considered whether to allow them or not, because he didn't want any arguments...lol.

Single make would be a great room limitation, limiting it to street/tuner/race cars would also be very useful. Eliminate a lot of the BS in online lobbies quite easily.

You know what else would be useful that I've never seen anyone mention is longer room lobby titles. They don't even use up the available space they have, but how silly is it to so limit the room titles you can't get all the info you want in the title?

Finally figured out how to drive/tune the Caterham yesterday and with a new cockpit view for the car courtesy of Spec 2, it could make for an interesting race. If I could only find a way to coordinate a room fan to blow my hair relative to the speed of the car, we'd have a whole new racing experience!! I'd have to go out and buy a leather helmet, goggles and a scarf...lol.

And a dish full of dead flies to go in front of the fan so that it blows them in your face too! Ahh, the joys of open top cars.:lol:

You know what else would be useful that I've never seen anyone mention is longer room lobby titles. They don't even use up the available space they have, but how silly is it to so limit the room titles you can't get all the info you want in the title?

YES!! This has been a pet peeve of mine, seems like it's always just a couple letters short of what I need! But then again, "GTP Capp Cup" really says all that needs to be said. :)

I'm really looking forward to the Caterham interior view as well, there's something thrilling about being in an open cockpit with a long nose in front of you and I want to experience that.......with fans blowing on my leather goggled face!! 👍 I went to the Vintage Grands Prix at Mid-Ohio this year and there were lots of Lotus 7's running around which are basically the same as the Caterham and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them run around that track. I couldn't help but imagine how awesome they would be in a GT5 league with the improved interior view........well I may just have to open up a Caterham Cup branch!! :) lol

Caterham fun!!!!!!!!!

UQfCmDwb99T6aGfap_0.jpg

All I see is a red "x" Brosif...ignore that it's there now. Interesting mix...a Tank Car, an X1 and a Caterham...lol. Must have punted the Caterham like a football.

A Caterham series would be great fun, and I suppose my tune is not fully complete, it still keeps you on your toes. If you think the Cappy is twitchy on curves you've got a big surprise waiting in the Caterham..lol. Have to work on that part I guess.

I saved the race at Monaco where I was second by .017 seconds, and noticed the guy in front of me had reworked his transmission so he was only using 3 gears, where I was using all 6. Made for a simple drive on his part.

Caterham fun!!!!!!!!!

UQfCmDwb99T6aGfap_0.jpg

I like how you can even see it's shadow!

This reminds me, I came up with an interesting little creation this weekend that I know Torzilla will LOVE!!

I'll have the track shared for download after work today. :)

Last edited:
Johnnypenso
All I see is a red "x" Brosif...ignore that it's there now. Interesting mix...a Tank Car, an X1 and a Caterham...lol. Must have punted the Caterham like a football.

A Caterham series would be great fun, and I suppose my tune is not fully complete, it still keeps you on your toes. If you think the Cappy is twitchy on curves you've got a big surprise waiting in the Caterham..lol. Have to work on that part I guess.

I saved the race at Monaco where I was second by .017 seconds, and noticed the guy in front of me had reworked his transmission so he was only using 3 gears, where I was using all 6. Made for a simple drive on his part.

As well three gears spreads his TQ out. He prob WOT a lot more and seems some cars loose speed with shifts. Hmmm interesting theory. I know in my Viper Racecar I use in GTPFIA GT1 I stretch the bottom 4 gears out to tame the TQ and then tighten top gears so it stays in the revs when pulling on the big end.

Caterham sounds fun. I'd like to see a Saturday Spot race where us Capp Cup racers stuck around and use the same car voted on during the week. or chosen by weekly winners. ;)

Looks like Wardezemolo wins the big prize!!!!!

Maintenance notice from the Gran Turismo website:

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6006.html

TRON!!!!!!

The board is full of speculation over this. I tend to think the update will be available after they finish the maintenance but there's no guarantee of anything other than maintenance. But it will be October 11th in Japan at this time.....so maybe? :) Regardless, I'm starting to feel more and more sickly and I think I may have to call into work sick tomorrow..............don't I wish! :dopey:

European maintenance is in the wee small hours of tomorrow:

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 10/11/2011 03:00 BST
Finish: 10/11/2011 04:00 BST

Insomnia anyone?

European maintenance is in the wee small hours of tomorrow:

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 10/11/2011 03:00 BST
Finish: 10/11/2011 04:00 BST

Insomnia anyone?

Yes. I'm seriously considering setting my alarm for 11pm tonight so I can get up and fire up the PS3, stay up all night racing and be a zombie at work tomorrow. Seriously considering....... :lol:

Yes. I'm seriously considering setting my alarm for 11pm tonight so I can get up and fire up the PS3, stay up all night racing and be a zombie at work tomorrow. Seriously considering....... :lol:

More like fire up the ps3 at 11 and spend several frustrating hours trying to download the update! Everyone will be trying to do the same and it ain't going to be a small update.

Time to get three stars on all those angry birds levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back