Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your Alfa's have everything set to default and are on SS tires. If we do just an Alfa race I want to put the "no tuning" restriction on for extra authenticity. ;)

If we run them with the Capps turn the power slider down about 10% or so to get to 479pp and you can put RH tires on if you want.

Was really looking forward to take Alfa out on Spa at Saturday... Even painted her Bright Yellow to stand out..
And then the Misses go about doing a dinner-deal at our friends house...! :(

So, sorry.... Can't be with you tomorrow...

Btw.: For those with wheels with H-shifter.. Have you tried driving the Alfa on Spa by clutch and stick, after the latest update?
THAT is the only and authentic way to drive her....
No AT, no paddles... Just drive her the way she was build to be driven! :D

MikaelK
Was really looking forward to take Alfa out on Spa at Saturday... Even painted her Bright Yellow to stand out..
And then the Misses go about doing a dinner-deal at our friends house...! :(

So, sorry.... Can't be with you tomorrow...

Btw.: For those with wheels with H-shifter.. Have you tried driving the Alfa on Spa by clutch and stick, after the latest update?

You hush. ;) been waiting on the TH8 for what seems an eternity. Sold the G27 and regretted it since. Love the the banger. Soon really soon I can join you boys and play with our sticks.

Hoping to make it, just putting my little girl to bed, she is hyper right now. Wife asked if I had a race tonight, I said yes, she sounded disappointed, I then foolishly said it was a "just for fun" night and he perked up, so she night have plans that scupper my racing ambitions. Only time will tell. Wish me luck gentlemen.

You hush. ;) been waiting on the TH8 for what seems an eternity. Sold the G27 and regretted it since. Love the the banger. Soon really soon I can join you boys and play with our sticks.

...Really? Really? You're going with that one? Really? Oh, you cheeky little sneak. :mischievous:

I lol'd

Last edited:
MikaelK

Yep. Clutch, H-shifter and no HUD is an experience in and of itself. 👍

My lounge is open. I have the restrictions at 500pp/RH to start with but please only bring the Capp or the Alfa out on track. Let's have a nice, relaxed evening of some fun racing. ;) Maybe we can play at Kart Space later too, so bring your karts with you. 👍

Last edited:
Man, that was fun!! :)

All criticisms aside, when PD gets it right, they really get it right. 👍

Last edited:
Great car and thanks to Owens and Yuri for keeping the party going. That crazy jump track was hilarious.

I echo that Brandon, classic Alfa racing car around Spa, not a bad way to spend a friday evening

This could be my new favourite car...lol. Fun to drive, you can really push it, ride curbs, well most curbs, it's forgiving yet responsive, the back end is loose if you want it to be. Going to make for some close, fun racing.

I had a quick blast around Spa last night and even on my own it was a joy to drive. Put on SS and left everything else as standard.

So who's coming out to play today?

RDAardvark
I had a quick blast around Spa last night and even on my own it was a joy to drive. Put on SS and left everything else as standard.

I am if we're using Alfa's. So so fun.

Love to do a 10 lap race with both Capps and Alfa's on Spa today.

Monza with Alfa's in Cockpit with NO HUD, NO GUAGES, and NO MAP was awesome too.

RDAardvark

I'm gonna be there for sure. I'm looking forward to some more quality time with this beautiful machine. We can run Cappuccino's too if anybody wants to but we all seemed to be having a very good time with the Italiano last night (and I got some great pics to prove it)!

imagexsf.jpg

imagexjf.jpg

imagekvx.jpg

Wish I could make it, doing the classic circuit, even in their current modern layout was a blast in the TZ. We ended up doing Spa, Monaco and Monza before switching to RX7 TCs at Leguna Seca, which was nuts. Had a lot of fun.

I should make it barring unforseen work emergencies

autodromonazionalemonzaet.jpg

Vintage photo finish

eifelcircuit1q.jpg

eifelcircuit.jpg

NHRA Alfa. That's a lot of bite for SS tires!!

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a good old time, I'm hoping to make it today. I was busy all day yesterday so by the time I logged on I had already missed the fun.

StigsHero
I got one of those too!

EDIT: My lounge is open for Saturday fun. Bring your Cappys, Alfas and karts!!

*CLOSED*

Did you get the particulars worked out for this weeks race at IMS?

dmanaenk
I hear "weak" is no longer weak.

There is a difference but it didn't seem to be as weak as it used to be. When we had it on "strong" we had a couple 160mph Cappy Cruise Missiles. Hope they fix it, I liked the weak setting.

There is a difference but it didn't seem to be as weak as it used to be. When we had it on "strong" we had a couple 160mph Cappy Cruise Missiles. Hope they fix it, I liked the weak setting.

I lol'd.

Anyway, it should be a nice race as long as everyone can keep it clean. Ovals tend to favor bunched groupings so as long as the connections hold we won't have to worry about a derby breaking out. Can't wait to see the draft trains charging down the backstretch.

I'll have a practice lounge open this evening for everyone to do some testing/tuning at the IMS Oval. Details will be posted here when the room is open.

My lounge is open for practice. Dust off your Cappy's and come get your draft on. Since this is my home track, I'll provide the beers. ;)

*closed*

Last edited:
My lounge is open for practice. Dust off your Cappy's and come get your draft on.

Are there any wise recommendations for transmission-settings (top speed), to those who haven't been able to take part in the training-sessions yet, to feel the effect of the drag??

As I have been invited to my oldest son's birthday on Saturday, I cannot race there, so I hope/will try to participate in the race tonight, even if it is at 1:45am local time... :ouch:
I'll just have to put my faith in coffee... and hope for some vacant spots on the track ;)

EDIT: Btw..Are you still on 'summertime' in US? Because then it is 'already' at 0:45am CET...!

Last edited:
Are there any wise recommendations for transmission-settings (top speed), to those who haven't been able to take part in the training-sessions yet, to feel the effect of the drag??

As I have been invited to my oldest son's birthday on Saturday, I cannot race there, so I hope/will try to participate in the race tonight, even if it is at 1:45am local time... :ouch:
I'll just have to put my faith in coffee... and hope for some vacant spots on the track ;)

EDIT: Btw..Are you still on 'summertime' in US? Because then it is 'already' at 0:45am CET...!

Crank the gearing so you have a high top-speed. For race trim you want to leave enough extra gear to allow for draft. When you're by yourself on the track you want to top out somewhere under 8k RPM, so when you get extra speed from the draft you won't be hitting the limiter.

Yes, we're still on summertime but that will be changing this weekend, back to Eastern Standard Time from Eastern Daylight Time.

EDIT: I think my transmission is set around 185mph.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back