Connecticut School Shooting Dec 14th 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stop posting the "perpetrator's" social media sites, especially if it's incorrect? That's just stupid and totally unnecessary.

Whether rocks or buttons accessing nuclear missiles - it's the same effect. People dead.

Do you seriously believe that if the guy had used a knife or a "rock" we would still be seeing the same result?

Sad day, but no way surprising.

Funny how the liberal anti-gun media right away blamed an 'assault rifle' which wasn't even used during the shooting.

Only a miserable wretch of a person would do this. True gutless coward to attack defenseless children. I can just hear the new anti-gun puke coming from liberal douche-bags and the POSPOTUS after this. Equally disgusting, IMO.

Do you seriously believe that if the guy had used a knife or a "rock" we would still be seeing the same result?

I absolutely agree. Guy would have definitely wouldn't have gotten as far with something other than a gun.

I just had a short debate about lessening the accessibility of guns... you can stop people from owning a gun, but you can't stop what people are going to do if they have one in hand.

I absolutely agree. Guy would have definitely wouldn't have gotten as far with something other than a gun.

I just had a short debate about lessening the accessibility of guns... you can stop people from owning a gun, but you can't stop what people are going to do if they have one in hand.

I was actually against guns for years, but this is true. If I am a psycho I can easily kill you with anything. Look at Columbine they used pipe bombs. Those are illegal as well as a lot of material to build them is not easily available, but they still got it and used them.

Now why civilians need high power rifles like Ak's and AR-15's for home protection or hunting is another issue, but like everyone knows "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

Gun control will not stop people shooting. Firearms are illegal in the UK unless you are a licensed gamekeeper (as far as I know, feel free to correct me), yet we still get people shooting each other. If a killer wants to kill, they will kill.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

Hearing that Adam Lanza was the shooter and Ryan is his older brother (which explains his Facebook posts)

Hearing that Adam Lanza was the shooter and Ryan is his older brother (which explains his Facebook posts)

One of them is dead because they said the brother is dead. Also the kids there said someone was in cuffs getting arrested as well as someone dead so possibly 2 shooters.

EDIT: also saying possibly stole Ryan's ID

Gun control will not stop people shooting. Firearms are illegal in the UK unless you are a licensed gamekeeper (as far as I know, feel free to correct me), yet we still get people shooting each other. If a killer wants to kill, they will kill.

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.

But why give them such easy access to weapons?

Reading it's now Adam Lanza, too. Ryan is his older brother and is NOT a shooting suspect. He was taken into custody for only questioning.

I got home and heard about this... Im totally in shock and outraged by this. Why would someone so this, especially to very young children. Being in 8th grade myself im almost sacred to go to school anymore. Its just not safe anymore, today made me think if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere. Im sending my love and condolences to all the families affected in this unbelievably crazy nightmare. And my two cents on gun control.. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
R.I.P

Corrected:
Age Limits for Shotgun and Firearms Certificates

You have to be aged 14 or over to have a Firearms Certificate. If you are aged less than 14 you can have a Shotgun Certificate as long as you have your parent's signed permission. You must be aged 14 or over to purchase an airgun and ammunition. If you are aged between 14 and 18 years, you may borrow a gun or have one bought for you by someone aged 18 or over, and you may use it without supervision on private property where you have a right to be. If you are under 14 you may use an airgun on private property but you must be supervised by someone over the age of 21 at all times. It is unlawful for an under-14-year-old to possess a gun and ammunition without supervision.

A person under eighteen is prohibited by Firearms Act (Amendment) Regulations 2010, No 1759 from purchasing or hiring any firearm or ammunition as defined by section 1 of the 1968 Act and a shot gun and ammunition as defined by section 2 of the 1968 Act

To read more:

http://www.gundealer.net/rules.htm

But why give them such easy access to weapons?

It can act as a deterrent to potential gunmen. If you want to shoot up a bank, and it's in the US in a state with very lenient gun laws, you've got yourself a gun, but, you know that more than likely someone else in the store will as well. You'll probably realize that the chances of you losing your life are pretty high, and end up not doing it, or of you attempt to do it, you get shot, and no one else gets hurt.

Now if you have firearms illegal, or more stringent gun laws, the chances that someone will be armed to stop you will be far less, or nonexistent. If you're right, you can kill as much as you'd like and get away with it. Look at the Anders Breivik case, no one was armed to stop him, and it was a slaughter.

It can act as a deterrent to potential gunmen. If you want to shoot up a bank, and it's in the US in a state with very lenient gun laws, you've got yourself a gun, but, you know that more than likely someone else in the store will as well. You'll probably realize that the chances of you losing your life are pretty high, and end up not doing it, or of you attempt to do it, you get shot, and no one else gets hurt.

Now if you have firearms illegal, or more stringent gun laws, the chances that someone will be armed to stop you will be far less, or nonexistent. If you're right, you can kill as much as you'd like and get away with it. Look at the Anders Breivik case, no one was armed to stop him, and it was a slaughter.

So is that why in Japan, a country with very strict gun laws, they only had eleven gun related homicides last year and two the year before that? That's more children killed in this one incident than all the people killed by guns in the whole of Japan in two years.

Banning guns wouldn't have prevented this from happening. Even under legal conditions you can't carry a gun onto school property. Turning this into an anti-gun rant is useless.

I'm also disgusted by the amount people on Facebook ragging on President Obama for crying during his press conference. The man's a father of two young girls, I don't blame him for being emotional about it.

So is that why in Japan, a country with very strict gun laws, they only had eleven gun related homicides last year and two the year before that? That's more children killed in this one incident than all the people killed by guns in the whole of Japan in two years.

Remember, Hitler outlawed guns when he came in power in Nazi Germany. I see your point though.

PzR Slim
So is that why in Japan, a country with very strict gun laws, they only had eleven gun related homicides last year and two the year before that?

Apples and oranges. Mexico has strict gun control if you want to play that game.

As for the topic at hand, it's just shocking that this happened. An ELEMENTARY school. Horrific.

A truly despicable act. Such selfishness & lack of thought/care for such precious life. May those taken away rest in peace. May those affected by this someway/somehow find solace & peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back