Famine's Fabulous Fantasy Formula FOne FGame

• Thread starter Famine
  • 247 comments
Now to my mind, neither Kvyat nor Verstappen has been substituted, rather replaced

Arguably Kvyat has been substituted for Verstappen and vice-versa.

it's not for 'any' race either - it's for all of them.

Isn't each of those "any race"?

It doesn't affect my pick, they're just the thoughts you asked for :)

Perhaps it would be best to offer any entrant a free swap (Verstappen to Kvyat or vice versa) if they picked one of those drivers, regardless of the pricing, standard rules apply for all other drivers and then on for Verstappen/Kvyat?

The obvious problem (imo) is that the above wouldn't seem appropriate for an STR<->Red Bull team swap due to the pricing element.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still confused.

Does it mean I can still score points for each of my original pick (Hamilton,Verstappen,McLaren Honda), despite Verstappen now driving for Red Bull?

It doesn't affect my pick, they're just the thoughts you asked for :)

Perhaps it would be best to offer any entrant a free swap (Verstappen to Kvyat or vice versa) if they picked one of those drivers, regardless of the pricing, standard rules apply for all other drivers and then on for Verstappen/Kvyat.

Doesn't affect me either but I agree with this option, seems pretty fair given this was an unforeen situation. You probably wouldn't need to ignore enforcing the budget cap either because I highly doubt anyone will do a Verstappen-to-Kvyat swap....... :D

Perhaps a free team/driver change (but again enforce budget cap) for people affected by this situation too?

How will that affect the rule about both drivers and your car being from different teams? I have both Verstappen and Red Bull.

Doesn't affect me either but I agree with this option, seems pretty fair given this was an unforeen situation. You probably wouldn't need to ignore enforcing the budget cap either because I highly doubt anyone will do a Verstappen-to-Kvyat swap....... :D

Perhaps a free team/driver change (but again enforce budget cap) for people affected by this situation too?
Thing is, my line-up accounts for me being at the max of my entire budget. If we (I believe two others chose the same line-up) have no choice but to choose a different driver, that's kind of not fair, as we then fall under/or exceed our budget max.

Now, if we had some kind of left over budget = converted to points at the end of the season. Then I may be tempted to choose a lesser priced driver.

[edit]

TBH, having thought about it, i'm not really fussed with what happens. I'm sure @Famine will find the best solution to what's fair. I'm not going to be awkward about it, after all it's just a game/bit of fun. :)

Last edited:
TBH, having thought about it, i'm not really fussed with what happens. I'm sure @Famine will find the best solution to what's fair. I'm not going to be awkward about it, after all it's just a game/bit of fun. :)
Damn straight.

I am not available this week or this weekend to write in a new rule but:
Kvyat will continue to score points for Kvyat in his new team Toro Rosso.
Verstappen will continue to score points for Verstappen in his new team Red Bull.

Yes! Verstappen scores me loads of champagne soaked points
No! Comedy Mercedes Driving team. The spirit of Maldonado is strong this year.

Good points from Max and Ferrari. Only Hulk is disappointing again. Shouldn't have traded him for Button.

@Famine, probably an update after the big GTS London event?

EDIT: Adjusted my poor english. Thanks, @TenEightyOne .

Last edited:
Good day for me finally!, points from Ferrari and Ricciardo, Hulkenburg out again so may make a change before Monaco.

So Vettel and Sainz have sucked. As soon as I swap them for Rosberg and Ricciardo, it all goes to pot. Plus Force India has been an utterly abysmal decision.

My two prima donna's wrecked each other after the pretty boy forgot to turn his launch/TC off, the VTEC broke again, and self declared best driver on the grid managed to finish 11th behind crazy Ivan who was lapped by the guy he was replaced with.:(

My two prima donna's wrecked each other after the pretty boy forgot to turn his launch/TC off, the VTEC broke again, and self declared best driver on the grid managed to finish 11th behind crazy Ivan who was lapped by the guy he was replaced with.:(
I think this is the best description of the race I've seen yet :D

Apologies for the lack of updates this week - I haven't actually slept in a bed that I own at all this week. First world problems, I know, but it's meant I've had no chance to even look at the F1 results and the relevant Excel document.

I'll be trying to get things straightened up... now. Ish.

gtp_fffff1_race4_all.jpg

For this race I'm going to class the following retirements as driver-at-fault crashes:

Palmer
Raikkonen
Verstappen

At the moment I'm a little unsure about the retirements of Kvyat, Ericsson and Magnussen as they were not shown on our highlights package - the incidents that precipitated them were, but the cars kept going afterwards and were never shown retiring. I shall have to recheck, but at the moment I'm minded to class these cars as at-fault crashes too.

As no other retirements were mechanical, the rest will classify as no-fault.

Last edited:
Cheers for the work GTPlanet's favourite horsemen.

Monaco - It is a bad race when Force India out scores your team and when Haryanto is your best driver.

For this race I'm going to class the following retirements as driver-at-fault crashes:

Palmer
Raikkonen
Verstappen

At the moment I'm a little unsure about the retirements of Kvyat, Ericsson and Magnussen as they were not shown on our highlights package - the incidents that precipitated them were, but the cars kept going afterwards and were never shown retiring. I shall have to recheck, but at the moment I'm minded to class these cars as at-fault crashes too.

As no other retirements were mechanical, the rest will classify as no-fault.
There are several penalties in the stewards decisions. http://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula-one-world-championship/season-2016/event-timing-information-16

Bottas, Kyvat ,Ericcson, and Wehrlein (2) received penalties.

There are several penalties in the stewards decisions. http://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula-one-world-championship/season-2016/event-timing-information-16

Bottas, Kyvat ,Ericcson, and Wehrlein (2) received penalties.
Indeed, but Kvyat got his for the collision with Magnussen, Ericsson for his collision with Nasr and Wehrlein for not paying any attention to... well, anything. None of those really have any effect on the points here - it's only when a driver has a collision that he is at fault for that ends his own race.

What I'm looking for is how to determine if Kvyat, Magnussen and Ericsson were at fault for their own retirements (meriting -5pt) - which at the moment I'm suggesting is the case for at least Kvyat and Ericsson as they were held at-fault for the collisions that I think later caused their own retirements, but our highlights didn't clearly show when they retired. Magnussen seems to have retired after he nosed the barrier by himself later on, but again that wasn't clearly shown.

I'll recheck this later.

Indeed, but Kvyat got his for the collision with Magnussen, Ericsson for his collision with Nasr and Wehrlein for not paying any attention to... well, anything. None of those really have any effect on the points here - it's only when a driver has a collision that he is at fault for that ends his own race.

What I'm looking for is how to determine if Kvyat, Magnussen and Ericsson were at fault for their own retirements (meriting -5pt) - which at the moment I'm suggesting is the case for at least Kvyat and Ericsson as they were held at-fault for the collisions that I think later caused their own retirements, but our highlights didn't clearly show when they retired. Magnussen seems to have retired after he nosed the barrier by himself later on, but again that wasn't clearly shown.

I'll recheck this later.
MAG ran into the barrier at Mirabeau on lap 33. Sky showed it briefly but it was between the RB team forgetting to give Danny his wings and future 10 time champ Max destroying his 3rd car in 2 trips to the fishing village which BTW should also qualify him for the list.

@Famine, is this still happening?
It is. Unfortunately over the last month I've been pulled from pillar to post at work - I've only been in the country for about 15 days and only 6 of those was I at home. I've been catching up with the last couple of races while I'm here, so I'll get things updated hopefully around FP2 to give people the chance to swap any drivers if they wish before Q1.

Awesome! Leading and I haven't even won a round yet! :D

Looking forward to Austria as I should do well here as well

Verstappen takes it to the Max.

Rosie and Louise at Mercedes did well despite the slap and tickle on the last lap,
But Rosie has to sit on the naughty step for letting Louise give her an unwanted last lap cuddle.
Rio only got 16th place... according to the FIA he lost 3 grid places due to ignoring a yellow flag in Q3... but Rio was sat in the team motorhome during Q3...
Can't trust these stewards.

Latest Posts

Back