Famine's Fabulous Fantasy Formula FOne FGame

• Thread starter Famine
  • 247 comments
I picked Vettel over Rosberg as I thought Ferrari would be more competitive this season and they wouldn't let kimi take points from him whereas I didnt think Mercedes would do that.
I assumed Hamilton would know how to launch from the grid though. :banghead:

Did not expect Ferrari to be my weak link. The Force India's being a little quicker would be handy too.

I picked Vettel over Rosberg as I thought Ferrari would be more competitive this season and they wouldn't let kimi take points from him whereas I didnt think Mercedes would do that.
I assumed Hamilton would know how to launch from the grid though. :banghead:

Hopefully within a couple of races Ferrari will have fixed their niggles and Hamilton will be launching as well as Rosberg. While the two Mercs swap wing parts the Prancing Horses will canter through to certain victory etc. etc.! :D

Provisional results from Shanghai...

2016_ffff1_round3_players.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Famine - the 2nd place driver as the team points earner is a bonzer top idea - I watch the grand prix now with another mini race on track...

That number 2 driver at Mercedes lets me down. Been beaten 6 races on the bounce - Come on step your game up mate.

Rio
Moving up the grid now dude you're a bird of paradise
Mercedes Benz power unit, I suppose it's very nice
With a jink to your left and a flick to the right checking mirrors like a driving test
You know you're something special and you'll get some points by Budapest
His name is Rio and he's team mates to Wehrlein
Just like that river crossing the track opposite the mainstand
And when the sun shines he does all that he can
Oh Rio Rio give us a wave in
Azerbaijan

Apologies to Duran Duran
I had to do this as the song is going around my head

GAME OVER.....

Had high hopes to finally score some decent points but that hope was crushed after 3 corners.

I picked Ferrari, Hulkenberg and Verstappen. Max did well and I still had a bit of hope to score some points.
That also didn't work out...:yuck:

Is there a point for fastest scooter rider of the day:confused: Vettel did well on that ;).

Well, I'm not looking forward to these results.
Well, you did better than the 0pt scored by @Mike-ZENKAI...

I had to hold fire pending a steward decision on one of the early collisions, but it looks like that's been cleared up. I'll post the results in the morning, but we seem to have a four-way tie for the lead with a 6pt spread over the top 6 places...

A driver third and two cars in the top five. I'm alright.

Both drivers on the podium again and McLaren pulls off a FACC podium. That's a points haul I can live with.

Max was looking great until bad luck hit him,
Rio was looking great until that Force India hit him:
Wish I could shoot the Moon with Rio - If he scores zero championship points, you get 100 points at the end of the season. If he does reverse into the top ten, you lose 100 points.

AT least that number 2 driver at Mercedes finally did the business backing up his Finnish, German, Monegasque team mate for his ritualistic seventh straight win. Nic O'Rosberg has the luck of the Irish with him.

Disaster for me yesterday, scored 0 points, Vettel out fourth corner means no points from Ferrari, Hulkenburg out and Ricciardo finished 12th or something, may make a change for Barcelona....

@Famine, how would a theoretical swap of Verstappen's and Kvyat's seats affect the game? I'm guessing that they would score for those who originally chose the opposite one?

@Famine

Two driver changes.

Vettel and Perez out.

Rosberg and Ricciardo in.

Now to watch Vettel's resurgence and Rosberg's collapse. :grumpy:

@Famine, how would a theoretical swap of Verstappen's and Kvyat's seats affect the game? I'm guessing that they would score for those who originally chose the opposite one?
That's an extremely good question and not one I've contemplated. I shall mull it over - I think the way I've written the rules supports the new driver scoring points as if he were the old driver, but that'd get quite unwieldy and I'm bound to cock it up.

In the Russian F1 thread, someone's linked an article saying it's a done deal. Should be interesting.

Thing is, I'd like to keep Verstappen as one of my picks (along with Hamilton), just puts him in a theoretically better car than before. It shouldn't affect my points should it?

Hmm - Do I get the windfall of Max as a Red Bull pilot or do I get lumbered with Danil as my new driver at his old stomping ground of the Team formerly known as Minardi?

Only a matter of time before Mercedes move that lightweight Lewis into the Manor seat and upgrade that young prospect Rio to the silver car.

So, I've looked at this rule as it's the only one that applies:
* If a real life driver is substituted for any race, his replacement will replace your driver for that race.
Now to my mind, neither Kvyat nor Verstappen has been substituted, rather replaced, and if the report of it being a season-long thing is accurate, it's not for 'any' race either - it's for all of them.

So I'm going to add a new rule to the effect of a driver who changes teams will score appropriate to his new position. Any thoughts or objections?

How will that affect the rule about both drivers and your car being from different teams? I have both Verstappen and Red Bull.

Latest Posts

Back