Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe old news to you guys but I cant get my head around why the F10 and the F2007, have abit less power and why PD would lower it.. I used to get to 208mph before braking at the first corner at Fuji. Last night I was hitting 200 max.
Isn't it related to the recent update. They changed aero properties. I guess they introduced more drag; so what you're seeing would make sense.

Season 2 Spa Race video update.

Here is the timeline for the race. It's topping out at 1 hr 26 minutes. It's like editing a movie in terms of length. The part in the yellow rectangle is the commentary track. The dark grey and purple parts are where commentary is already placed. I'd guess I'm a quarter to a third of the way done with commentary. After the rest is placed, then there are some text items to throw up and some finishing touches. Then it should be done. I hate to predict how long it will take. Especially given the new GT5 TT Seasonal, and Season 3 starting. My new editing method seems to go faster than previous methods, but the commentary still takes forever though. The two previous race videos took 30 hrs each just for commentary.
GT5F10-Spa120812-Vegastimeline-1.jpg

Isn't it related to the recent update. They changed aero properties. I guess they introduced more drag; so what you're seeing would make sense.

Season 2 Spa Race video update.

Here is the timeline for the race. It's topping out at 1 hr 26 minutes. It's like editing a movie in terms of length. The part in the yellow rectangle is the commentary track. The dark grey and purple parts are where commentary is already placed. I'd guess I'm a quarter to a third of the way done with commentary. After the rest is placed, then there are some text items to throw up and some finishing touches. Then it should be done. I hate to predict how long it will take. Especially given the new GT5 TT Seasonal, and Season 3 starting. My new editing method seems to go faster than previous methods, but the commentary still takes forever though. The two previous race videos took 30 hrs each just for commentary.
GT5F10-Spa120812-Vegastimeline-1.jpg

@toolo:what application are you using m8?

@IMMO:also I think I will have to drop out of noth series and stay as a guest driver because I don't think i can make enough races and that would not be fair for me to take up spots that others want and can make more races

I check, and IMMORTAL is on the leader board (in 1st place as usual). So much about the challenge, but don't worry, you still can beat the rest of us.

I wasnt really expeting to beat him or even get close :sly:
I dont think i can make the leaderboards even :lol:

But im still 50th in the Indy drift trial though hoping i can keep it there abouts.

Very good practise race guys.

No bull pls try to stay and try to drive 9 races.

it is unfair to other drivers who know they can make at least nine races. Also, I feel like I would be letting down my team for the team championship. I am sorry I will make it when I can but only as a guest driver.

So how long is it gonna take toolo :D

I didn't really work on it for about a month. That and the participation rate in this exercise was not exactly stellar. Those people will have to live with minimal coverage. It's pretty packed with action as it is. Even with PIP it's hard to show it all. You guys are lucky it's coming at all; I was going to shelf it permanently until I did the intro and got excited to work on it again.

It also doesn't help that adding commentary wave files is it's own ongoing process. I just made sure I got the most recent Spa race, and other good recent commentary. I have over 700 wav files in the que.

it is unfair to other drivers who know they can make at least nine races. Also, I feel like I would be letting down my team for the team championship. I am sorry I will make it when I can but only as a guest driver.

In which league you want to drive as Guest driver in STOCK or in Setup??

Man that FGT is tough and SPA is a difficult track for me.
Took me 14 back to back laps to shave off .4 sec and its still a 1:45 .

something you bought to make videos like this or can I download this off the Internet

I bought it in a software bundle with Win7 when I purchased the parts for my new computer. I'm sure you can find something to DL out there, but obviously that has risks. If you forsee doing any video editing in the future, the $70-100 is well worth it. I have had previous versions of Vegas Movie Studio and have liked those and the new HD versions as well. I paid for my PS3 and new Vegas software with video editing jobs (converting peoples' VHS, Hi8, etc to DVD). The Pro version is prohibitively expensive ($400+), although it does allow unlimited video tracks where mine stops at 10. That and better masking/green screen capabilities are about the only thing I would need the Pro version for. I can do HD, Dolby 5.1 and I think even 3D; so I'm good.

I hate the FGT. To go fast in it feels ridiculous the way it slides around corners.

Sliding, that's why you should love it. Controlled sliding is fun.

Would this be possible in your video editing software? The graphics, other video, etc.? And the cutouts of the drivers in that way?

I bought it in a software bundle with Win7 when I purchased the parts for my new computer. I'm sure you can find something to DL out there, but obviously that has risks. If you forsee doing any video editing in the future, the $70-100 is well worth it. I have had previous versions of Vegas Movie Studio and have liked those and the new HD versions as well. I paid for my PS3 and new Vegas software with video editing jobs (converting peoples' VHS, Hi8, etc to DVD). The Pro version is prohibitively expensive ($400+), although it does allow unlimited video tracks where mine stops at 10. That and better masking/green screen capabilities are about the only thing I would need the Pro version for. I can do HD, Dolby 5.1 and I think even 3D; so I'm good.

what is this scandinavian? :lol: ok you might be able to help me with this how do I take the files from ps3 onto my computer and what application(mac) do I need to use to view the replay

I have a microsoft computer but I am not sure I will be able to view the videos but just in case you know both that would be helpful

Bull you need to buy a video capture card to be able to record the footage. You can't just move the replay file onto a mac and play it.

Bull you need to buy a video capture card to be able to record the footage. You can't just move the replay file onto a mac and play it.

As Yoda would say "to Gazziboy you listen", maybe it was Obi Wan. Yes you need a capture card mine is the Hauppauge HD PVR (1st gen). It takes the component video out and can capture up to 1080i (13.5MB/s) with DolbyDig 5.1. I normally use HDMI for playing; so for capturing I have to switch between and turn off DTS audio. I capture the files in M2TS format and edit in Vegas.

I'm not 100% sure I can get into and out of my seat Sunday but i will be there one way or another. Who is my teammate Bigtex? I know I'm rarely here but any info on him like is he in for the whole series?
I'll send him a friend request tomorrow.

And to who ever did the team logos, they all are very nice.

Oh and if someone could give me an idea of a base setup for the F10, would be very helpful and appreciated. Its been 4-5-6 months since i ran the F10 and pretty much GT5 in general.

Thanks.

Sliding, that's why you should love it. Controlled sliding is fun.

I totally agree. Personally, I don't really enjoy how much grip the F10 has with racing tires. Especially racing soft. The grip level is unatural, that's why Immortal can absolutely demolish any real world record times with the F10. Some people have compared grip levels on road cars to real life and gt5 and the conclusion is that the tires in GT5 have much higher grip than they're supposed to have. To get realistic lap times with an F10, I'm told you have to use comfort soft! I use comfort mediums for the f10 seasonal events, and it makes for a much more fun experience. I only use racing tires in our WDC to at least stay out of last place, but if I'm stuck in last place (most often when the last place drivers rage quit, leaving me), I'll switch to comforts or sports. One race I actually used sports hard because it enabled me to do only one stop (Spa), and I had good pace with it.

So I agree, the fact that the FGT feels alive, may take some getting used to but it's a lot of fun because of it.

I totally agree. Personally, I don't really enjoy how much grip the F10 has with racing tires. Especially racing soft. The grip level is unatural, that's why Immortal can absolutely demolish any real world record times with the F10. Some people have compared grip levels on road cars to real life and gt5 and the conclusion is that the tires in GT5 have much higher grip than they're supposed to have. To get realistic lap times with an F10, I'm told you have to use comfort soft! I use comfort mediums for the f10 seasonal events, and it makes for a much more fun experience. I only use racing tires in our WDC to at least stay out of last place, but if I'm stuck in last place (most often when the last place drivers rage quit, leaving me), I'll switch to comforts or sports. One race I actually used sports hard because it enabled me to do only one stop (Spa), and I had good pace with it.

So I agree, the fact that the FGT feels alive, may take some getting used to but it's a lot of fun because of it.

Yeah, I saw that tire selection on the Spa replay. Now I know it was intentional, at first I wasn't sure.

I'm not 100% sure I can get into and out of my seat Sunday but i will be there one way or another. Who is my teammate Bigtex? I know I'm rarely here but any info on him like is he in for the whole series?
I'll send him a friend request tomorrow.

And to who ever did the team logos, they all are very nice.

You got the questions, I got the answers.

If you want to know who's bigtex is, it's me. Yes, I am racing the whole season, and hydro made the logo faceman.

You got the questions, I got the answers.

If you want to know who's bigtex is, it's me. Yes, I am racing the whole season, and hydro made the logo faceman.

I see it all now, diferant GTP name than PSN name. And I also just noticed that the PSN name is listed over on the left, duh.

I'm still in need of a base line setup though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back