Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First World Championship Race Fuji Speedway F 60 Laps
20:00 UTC - Free Practice (optional)
21:00 UTC - Qualifying (if you miss the end of qualifying you can start from the back)
21:30 UTC - Actual Race

I won't be able to make todays race guys so don't hold a spot for me. Our GTP Japanese GP runs today (and it's Canadian thanksgiving), but it looks like we are all waiting on a GT5 server fix now 👎

I'm seriously bummed I'll misss Fuji - one of my all time favourite tracks :(

Bull you need to buy a video capture card to be able to record the footage. You can't just move the replay file onto a mac and play it.

yes but I need to take bits of footage and put it together to create a video

Good Race guys.
Shakunee is in team F1 Magic now.
Cheli and aka was Guest drivers.

I check tomorrow the Replay i have see also some drivers have drive always wide.

As Yoda would say "to Gazziboy you listen", maybe it was Obi Wan. Yes you need a capture card mine is the Hauppauge HD PVR (1st gen). It takes the component video out and can capture up to 1080i (13.5MB/s) with DolbyDig 5.1. I normally use HDMI for playing; so for capturing I have to switch between and turn off DTS audio. I capture the files in M2TS format and edit in Vegas.

still speaking Swahili to me m8 :lol: I got that I have to by this card but what about idf I do it on a windows based computer do I still need the card?

so schumi is finally retiring. If you ask me it is about time, the last few years have not been kind. but hopefully it will bring some much needed young blood into F1.

raceresultsfujioption3.jpg

Would this be possible in your video editing software? The graphics, other video, etc.? And the cutouts of the drivers in that way?

I'm sure a lot of this stuff is possible. That video and the other Speed F1 intros were used as inspiration, just as the old 80s-90s BBC Grand Prix intros were inspiration for my first intro. I am learning while going along; so I'm sure something like that can be done.

I also have to factor in how long it will take to do it. Experimenting takes a ton of time. I tried a ton of different looks on my new intro before I got it right. I also think flashing a driver's helmet up at the screen in quick succesion like that (in the youtube video) would look kind of silly, but maybe not. That's the problem you have to do all to the work to see if it looks good at all, and then if it does look silly you scrap it. I didn't like that route; so that's why I went with many drivers photos up at once with the names on screen. That and timing. I often have the music in hand and shape the video to that.

After I'm done with the Spa video, I may do a Lotus Team Video which might have a look similar to what you are talking about in that video.

Last edited:
so schumi is finally retiring. If you ask me it is about time, the last few years have not been kind. but hopefully it will bring some much needed young blood into F1.

He was just starting to get his speed back too. He had flashes of it last 2 years but the car wasn't very good. He's also had so much bad luck hopefully he wins one before he leaves F1. I don't think there's any question that he's not even half what he used to be, and probably either should've never left or not come back so late. Kimi's lucky to still be as good as he is after leaving but he also kept racing

I won't be able to make todays race guys so don't hold a spot for me. Our GTP Japanese GP runs today (and it's Canadian thanksgiving), but it looks like we are all waiting on a GT5 server fix now 👎

I'm seriously bummed I'll misss Fuji - one of my all time favourite tracks :(

The servers were much better yesterday but not perfect. At least we were able to finish the race without diconnects, unlike saturday. I hope GT6 has dedicated servers and matchmaking.

The servers were much better yesterday but not perfect. At least we were able to finish the race without diconnects, unlike saturday. I hope GT6 has dedicated servers and matchmaking.

Good to hear 👍
Our race only had 2 dc's, and 1 driver that kept getting booted everytime we started the race.
If GT6 expects to keep up with online racing sims then dedicated servers is the only way to go. I think PD badly underestimated the online portion of the game so hopefully they have learned to treat sony/PD's Marquee product as just that. It really deserves better.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE JAPANESE GRAND PRIX.

Reporter: Kimi, What happened?
Kimi: I spun.
Reporter: A bit of a disaster for you and the others?
Kimi: I don't care what happened the others.

I need to start changing my GT5 auto messages from Lewis to Kimi.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE JAPANESE GRAND PRIX.

I need to start changing my GT5 auto messages from Lewis to Kimi.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
from a racers point of view it really doesn't matter what others did only about what you did and could have done better

Yes Kimi is straight to the point, hilarious too, like a lot of Finns. When Schumacher leaves i'll be routing for him then Hamilton.

still speaking Swahili to me m8 :lol: I got that I have to by this card but what about idf I do it on a windows based computer do I still need the card?

Taking the video from your PS3 (cable box, etc) to your computer is done by capturing. It requires a capture device thats either an internal card or external box (like mine) that connects thru USB (USB 3.0 with new products). I capture in M2TS format and output that also after editing. Both Macs and PCs should be able to handle the file afterwards, it's really whether the editing software can do M2TS or not. I imagine most do.

Taking the video from your PS3 (cable box, etc) to your computer is done by capturing. It requires a capture device thats either an internal card or external box (like mine) that connects thru USB (USB 3.0 with new products). I capture in M2TS format and output that also after editing. Both Macs and PCs should be able to handle the file afterwards, it's really whether the editing software can do M2TS or not. I imagine most do.

ok so I will have to bite the bullet and buy the card or get someone who can do it for me

Hi All,

After looking at the replay from the Fuji race, the stewards have decided to give the following penalties:

faceman557 gets a 15 second penalty for causing an unavoidable accident and taking out several cars on the opening lap.

ghskilla gets a 10 second penalty for repeatedly cutting the track especially on the first and last corners.

Chelios34 also gets a 10 second penalty for also repeatedly cutting the track.

Thank you.

Hi All,
I have a new Formula in place for season 3 to cut down on the adding and subtracting of points (i didn't pay much attention in school) so let me know if you see any errors so i can fix it:
driverstablefuji.jpg

Hi All,
I have a new Formula in place for season 3 to cut down on the adding and subtracting of points (i didn't pay much attention in school) so let me know if you see any errors so i can fix it:
driverstablefuji.jpg

looks good m8 but you can make the places in the correct order?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, i thought i'd make my life easier with these formulas but now if i put them in the right order it messes up the formulas :banghead:

I'll have to go back to doing it manually :grumpy:

this what I've been racing with this whole time:

picture.php

picture.php

not the greatest setup in the world but good for a tight budget

mind my messy room I'm 16 cleaning isn't my most favorite thing to do

Last edited:
Ok, here it is IN order, done Manually(well, partially :D):
Drivers Table:
driverstablefuji.jpg

Team Table:
teamtablefujif.jpg

if there are any calculation errors, don't blame me, blame Excel and its Formula's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back