Ferrari F1 World Championship Season3/Congratulation Guys!!

ABS Banned or ABS1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably more relieved of this 4th place than anything. Now that I know I can't beat Dahlzi, it'll be a nice challenge to get 4th from Raj.

I am very late, but I noticed some people breaking a rule last week (at fuji), and would just like to point this rule out, so those people can see without naming names, or addressing them directly

Note the highlighted bit in red

Defending
You’re defending your position, so chances are the guy behind you is quicker than you right now. But that’s no problem, because you have the advantage of choosing your line through every corner. But that doesn’t mean you can go wide into a corner and then slam the door shut by swerving back in 3 inches in-front of the car behind you. Make sure you know where the guy behind you is, if you know he’s going for an overtake then remember to leave room for him either on the outside or inside of the corner.

When the car behind you is in your slipstream, it is considered incredibly rude and unsportsmanlike to swerve all over the track to break the slipstream.

In addition, this rule is relevant in cases of blue flag situations (lapped cars)

• Lapped cars may not attempt re-overtake +1 lap cars until the lap after the current lap is over, all lapped cars must yield as soon as possible in a safe way. Pull off the racing line and apply the brakes momentarily.

Although the rule states that a lapped car can pass/use slipstream to get ahead of the lapping car in the next lap, I think most of us would recommend against it unless you know for an absolute fact that you are faster than them and they will not catch up to you once you pass them.

Most likely, if you're getting lapped, you're not as fast as the driver that's lapping you, and although using slipstream may help you at the time, it's not worth the risk of having an incident with that car, when they are passing you back

You're not racing a car that's a lap ahead. If you pass them and they catch up to you, you're then obligated to let them by when you're in front of them, so what's the point right?

Basically, just use some common sense, and don't assume the car a lap ahead of you is Cal Nawton Jr telling you "slingshot engaged" . Just because the slipstream is there for the taking doesn't mean you should take it. I know as well as anyone it's tempting, but it's not worth getting on the nerves of your fellow racers

Thanks

Last edited:
IMMORTAL, why didn't you break the lap record for season 3?
racecalendarseason3.jpg

Its not possible after the Update the car is much slower on the straight now.

Hydro why you dont have drive?

Maybe if Immortal disconnected then yeah. We could start Immortal a minute behind and he'd still win it :lol:

So I remember'd I had this

IMAG0330_zps7dccb4e4.jpg

A thrustmaster Enzo syle wheel Was for the PS2 and works on GT5
But its imput is very quick and kinda vague plus no FFB.
IMAG0331_zpscaf0ea77.jpg

Last edited:
So now you have a wheel? Does it have a delay between steering or is it almost instantaneous? Shame about the force feedback, but better than a DS3, right? I mean, I need to feel the road (for instance - knowing where the grip is and especially on the F10, if I'm touching the kerbs or not) so I don't think I can use this wheel for my life. Still, better than nothing.

More instantaneous plus it has a two part paddle thing the bottom parts can do brake and gas also :lol: trying it out in practice mode at Monza and did a 1:26 sofar but is really twitchy like full lock is 25 degrees.

I don't think i'll be using for anything serious anytime soon its like one of those game wheels you find in an arcade :lol:

Last edited:
Hey guys, just want to stress about this whole restart thing, its seems like we are doing it more then we should. last week gt5 servers where messed up, understadable and we cant do nothing about that. but for people who been having alot of trouble lately you need to clear your system cache before joining lobby and if you are still having trouble please just sit out the race. keep on coming in and out of the room causes distraction for me and probably a few others. i bit the bullet yesterday for not clearing mine.

in the begining of this forum you guys did a excellent job on explaining basics for router configurations. please read! or call your cable provider and complain. 💡

I'm Just Saying!

I'm probably more relieved of this 4th place than anything. Now that I know I can't beat Dahlzi, it'll be a nice challenge to get 4th from Raj.

Very happy for third place. but if you are looking at the lap times and overall results for yesterdays race, we are pretty close to Artmann in second place. Raj is very fast, we could see that in the opening laps fighting for first.

I may think with a little bit more consistently from us, we can fight for second place. I was 9 seconds behind Art with two spins.

will be interesting on Grand Valley!

Speed1221
Hey guys, just want to stress about this whole restart thing, its seems like we are doing it more then we should. last week gt5 servers where messed up, understadable and we cant do nothing about that. but for people who been having alot of trouble lately you need to clear your system cache before joining lobby and if you are still having trouble please just sit out the race. keep on coming in and out of the room causes distraction for me and probably a few others. i bit the bullet yesterday for not clearing mine.

in the begining of this forum you guys did a excellent job on explaining basics for router configurations. please read! or call your cable provider and complain. 💡

I'm Just Saying!

Yes. Im sorry about my text during the race, but I dont like it when someone keeps getting disconnected, entering, disconnected, entering and doing that 15 times about. Then entering during the race, texting, "restart" and then leaving and doing that 5 times.

Yes. Im sorry about my text during the race, but I dont like it when someone keeps getting disconnected, entering, disconnected, entering and doing that 15 times about. Then entering during the race, texting, "restart" and then leaving and doing that 5 times.
I agree:
  • It distracts others.
  • It adds to the lag especially if the game automatically kicks the player with slowest connection.
  • It increases the chances for others with slower connections to get disconnected too.

Very happy for third place. but if you are looking at the lap times and overall results for yesterdays race, we are pretty close to Artmann in second place. Raj is very fast, we could see that in the opening laps fighting for first.

I may think with a little bit more consistently from us, we can fight for second place. I was 9 seconds behind Art with two spins.

I went off on last corner once as lag wouldn't let me turn in, also lost bunches of time at the start also because of lag, but i guess everyone else did too. But you are right, it was a pretty close race, i had to push hard after my stops when i had fresh tyres and lag got manageable

I'm Just Saying!

Thats true m8 i just want to give all the chance to drive.
I have had also this problems one yeahr agao and its a terrible feeling.

Poor IMMORTAL, he has to try and please everyone :D Actually i have also missed races because of DC's and it sucks.

On a separate note, every time i see ghskilla's avatar i think of this, skip to 20:21:

now that's a list of excuses :lol:

Last edited:

I had fourth place, it required a perfect race with no mistakes (apart from the blue flag incident which cost me 6 seconds and 2 laps worth of tires) and while you all made mistakes I was doing perfect laps in my point of view, yet you still managed to beat me by 9 seconds. You're definitely faster than me, you're almost as fast as ArtMannn.

• It adds to the lag especially if the game automatically kicks the player with slowest connection.

That is exactly what I thought was trying to be done.

But it don't matter anymore. Not trying to carry it on. Its over but if someone does that I dont think a series like this is for them

Hi There guys,

After looking at the replay from the Indy road Course, the stewards have made the following decission:

No action to be taken from lap 1 incident involving Hugo and tool, it looks like Hugo narrowly misses tools gearbox as tool brakes late.

incident on lap 23 involving a lapped car of akaWhiteRussian and ghskilla, akaWhiteRussian gets a 10 second penalty for holding up and not yielding to blue flags thereby forcing ghskilla off the road.

Dahlzi receives a 10 second penalty for repeatedly cutting the last corner before rejoining the Oval track.

Once again, as we cannot look at the whole race, we rely on you to report any incidents you see or are involved in during the race.
Thank you to those that sent us incidents this week.

Thats true m8 i just want to give all the chance to drive.
I have had also this problems one yeahr agao and its a terrible feeling.

Well i'm glad im not the only one who feels that way m8. and im glad im not the only one who had lag in the game. i should've finished that race in the points.

so now i look forward to grand valley, ssr5, and spa. i should be pretty quick there, so watch out fellow racers.

I'm just saying! :)

It is weird.
It makes it hard to be presice with input.

To give you an idea 70% of all the steering input is like 10-15 degrees :ill:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back