Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 18,815 comments
I cannot travel to Hot Wheels Park without the game locking and I have to force quit the game every time I try. Thankfully I can still travel to Mexico from the Rally Adventure. Anyone else have this issue?

Chris Bangle does take much heat or credit for all of BMW's designs of the era, then again, he was the lead designer and signed off on everything. As I understand it, the work of Frank Stephenson who came over from Land Rover to BMW is the basis, but I've also read that Chris Chapman had a hand on it (they probably refer to the facelift of 2003). I stand corrected.
Yeah Bangle was the design chef, design chefs often get falsely credited for designs other designers did under them. I actually don’t know about Chris Chapman, but Stephenson definitely did the original X5‘s design, after that he didn’t had a hand in BMW stuff anymore because he moved to Ferrari as far as I know.

There’s a cool video of him explaining the design process:

It has been a while since the last update to this post launch cars list. Here's all the cars added to FH5 post launch:

(It is on imgur because compression makes it unreadable)

Note: The 10 Extreme E cars are counted as 1, under Spark Odyssey 21 Extreme E.

There are a total of 334 cars added as of Series 36 - Horizon Cars and Coffee, 206 (61.67%) of which are "new to Forza".
106 "new to Forza" cars are paid. (20 from expansions, 42 from car pass and 44 from car packs)
100 "new to Forza" cars are free.

128 (39.33%) cars have returned from prior games.
8 "returning" cars are paid.
120 "returning" cars are free.

The total cars added to the game (if each Extreme E car is counted individually) is 343. This brings the number of cars in FH5 to 866, which is the highest of any Forza game, beating FM7 at 837.
"Fun" fact: FH5 has received more "new to Forza" cars post launch (206), than NFS Unbound has in total (152).

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes.

I have a feeling that those 100 "new to Forza" free cars are more than the total number of "new to Forza" cars in the complete car list of FM 2023 (base game, DLC, etc..)...

I have a feeling that those 100 "new to Forza" free cars are more than the total number of "new to Forza" cars in the complete car list of FM 2023 (base game, DLC, etc..)...
I haven't checked but FM was supposed to have 100 "new to Forza" cars + 30 more in the car pass + 8 more in the race day car pack.

I do also remember that "new to Forza" claim changing to "new to Motorsport" on their social media car list releases.

Last edited:
I haven't checked but FM was supposed to have 100 "new to Forza" cars + 30 more in the car pass + 8 more in the race day car pack.

I do also remember that "new to Forza" claim changing to "new to Motorsport" on their social media car list releases.
The claim has been „100 new-to-Motorsport cars“ from the start, I remember thinking about this exact wording when they announced it.

The claim has been „100 new-to-Motorsport cars“ from the start, I remember thinking about this exact wording when they announced it.
1721403561483.png

You are right that Forza marketing used new to Motorsport.

but Racinggames.gg used this:
1721403667254.png

I must have just subconsciously interchanged the terms.

Playing this game on my Xbox on a proper TV is soo much better than playing it on PC. I made the right choice. I also think it plays better than Motorsport, which is surprising because it's not as realistic. The steering is very sensitive at low speeds but gets heavier the faster you go, meaning that you don't have to make as many small corrections through long, fast corners. It also becomes a lot more direct, so I feel like I have more authority over the car's movements. Oh and I love the Pajero/Montero Evolution because it's the best off-roader ever made. I tuned it up to C class and it's absolutely fantastic for the dirt and cross-country stuff. I don't think I'll be using anything else when going off the pavement.

Going back to AAA_SuspensionStructure, I found more vehicles that I missed out.

Here are what I recently discovered:
  • 2012 Ferrari F2012 (FER_F2012_12)
  • 2012 McLaren MP4/27 (MCL_MP427_12)
  • 2013 Honda Fit (HON_Fit_13)
  • 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STI "H6" SEMA (SUB_H6Engine_12_EN)
  • 2013 McLaren MP4/28 (MCL_F1Engine_13)
  • 1966 Ferrari 312 (FER_312_66)
  • 2011 Ford #43 Fiesta RS WRC (FOR_43_FiestaWRC_11)
  • FOR_RallyCross_12
  • HOL_Sandman_14
  • 1997 Toyota #1 Trophy Truck (TOY_1_TrophyTruck_97)
After some digging i only managed to found this :
Nissan Stagea actually have the full Autech kit in the files. There is even a second autech front bumper variation.
The yellow stagea pictured below have 2 set of rounded lights. One i assumed for foglight and the other turn signal. The grey one have a rectangular foglight and turn signal combination lamp. There is only one grill though, the grey version is the one in the files. Seems like odd choice though not to put it in the game. Since this kit is quite popular and this is also a dlc/car pack car. Maybe there is some other problem?

View attachment 1373190 View attachment 1373191
Can confirm that Autech is mentioned in List_PartManufacturers in Motorsport.

The Fit seems like an easy lock for High Performance Dailies if they can get a Honda in--I've just realized that, in contrast to Cars and Coffee's "cars you don't see every day" theme and its high-rarity additions, High-Performance Dailies most likely refers to high-performance versions of common cars you do see every day--but I do sincerely doubt that since we haven't had one in a long time. The 2014 Holden seems more likely for next Series but with that company defunct, who knows where they'd get the licensing from.
The Peugeot 208 GTi and RCZ R make good fits to the High Performance Dailies theme too, although I bet that the either 2019 A45 AMG (wild card guess), the Toyota 86 TRD SE or the 2020 BMW M2 Competition will likely be added.

Last edited:

• FOR_RallyCross_12
  • HOL_Sandman_14
The Ferrari and Mclaren F1 cars seem almost like obvious FM possibilities.

• FOR_RallyCross_12
  • HOL_Sandman_14

Can confirm that Autech is mentioned in List_PartManufacturers in Motorsport.
The Fit seems like an easy lock for High Performance Dailies if they can get a Honda in--I've just realized that, in contrast to Cars and Coffee's "cars you don't see every day" theme and its high-rarity additions, High-Performance Dailies most likely refers to high-performance versions of common cars you do see every day--but I do sincerely doubt that since we haven't had one in a long time. The 2014 Holden seems more likely for next Series but with that company defunct, who knows where they'd get the licensing from.

Interesting that there's 2012-era F1 cars in this list. They definitely seem like FM2023 cars, I don't ever expect to see them in Mexico and you'd really have to keep them hush-hush if they are planned for FH5. But you never know, they could use FH5 as a testbed for some of these cars.

It's not that car at all, that ID is the Porsche 997 Carrera S 3.8 engine swap from FM5 onwards (mislabelled as a '3.0 F6' swap in some games).

Also FOR_43_FiestaRSWRC_11_EN is the 1.6 Rally engine swap from FM5, FOR_RallyCross_12_EN is a cut engine swap from FM5, and MCL_F1Engine_13 is likely also a cut engine swap. The 2012 F1 cars are also cut FM5 content - they had plans for a lot more single-seater content that never made it.

After some digging i only managed to found this :
Nissan Stagea actually have the full Autech kit in the files. There is even a second autech front bumper variation.
The yellow stagea pictured below have 2 set of rounded lights. One i assumed for foglight and the other turn signal. The grey one have a rectangular foglight and turn signal combination lamp. There is only one grill though, the grey version is the one in the files. Seems like odd choice though not to put it in the game. Since this kit is quite popular and this is also a dlc/car pack car. Maybe there is some other problem?

View attachment 1373190 View attachment 1373191
The kit can be enabled through mods - I've not explored the extra lights yet but here's what the rest of the kit looks like

Attachments

• rear.png
    rear.png
    385.6 KB · Views: 6
  • front.png
    front.png
    381.2 KB · Views: 8
The kit can be enabled through mods - I've not explored the extra lights yet but here's what the rest of the kit looks like
This is downright cruel on PGG's part. Hopefully the kit will be enabled soon - but I won't hold my breath, seeing that other kits for DLC cars remain locked. :(

They still get paid since PG outsources the modeling to other countries.
Not to mention there's still a good chance we get a bodykit drop next update, since "High-Performance Dailies" and all. The Autech might be part of it, we don't know for sure.

They still get paid since PG outsources the modeling to other countries.
Nobody likes to do work and yet not have the end result used... Think of spending weeks of time sourcing, scanning and modelling these kits and yet they never appear in the final game due to licensing.

It's not about the salary, it's about the disappointment of your hard work being shelved.

Nobody likes to do work and yet not have the end result used... Think of spending weeks of time sourcing, scanning and modelling these kits and yet they never appear in the final game due to licensing.

It's not about the salary, it's about the disappointment of your hard work being shelved.
I totally agree 100% bud.

I mostly want the big wang from the Autech
I'd love a big wang.....

is it just me or is the tail lights on the 997 gt3rs 4.0 missing the lens in game? the lens are there in photo mode but when going back to free roam they disappear again

Latest Posts

Back