Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.52 Discussion Thread

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 779 comments
I got involved in this thread because of the exaggerations. Claims that the game is broken. I see no evidence that the game is broken. I see minor issues being blown way out of proportion.

They aren't, electronic are, but that's a different issue.

Once again, this is ridiculous over statement. A problem with the physics model would affect ALL CARS. Not the, so far, two to three minor issues that people keep pointing to. That says the problem is not the system, but the setting of those specific cars, post update.

And the most vocal keep going back to 1.49. This is a 1.52 thread. The issues are not the same. Saying "since 1.49" is absolutely ignoring the current state of affairs. As you say below, obfuscating legitimate feedback.

I don't want PD to fix something that currently is not broken. Because there is absolutely NOT a "problem in the suspension physics model". There MIGHT be a problem in a handful of cars, and it's debatable, which is why this thread lives.

What I have seen is that there are (so far) two to three cars whose stock suspension might need a tweak post 1.52. THAT is legitimate feedback. Maybe an evo or two and maybe the s800 (although I haven't tested it)

People say the GT-R's are broken, yet hundred of thousands of people having completed the time trial event. How can both those statement be true? Either the GT-R is broken and pitches people off track OR it's not broken and hundred of thousands of players have completed the event (myself included).
Personally I never said the GT-Rs are broken, I said the amount of yaw they exhibit on hard braking—before I even turn the steering wheel—is generally unrealistic. It can absolutely be adapted to and driven around. I’ve done it myself and easily won the weekly challenge race. But I don’t enjoy the car as a result.
There’s always room between perfectly fine and completely broken for things to be addressed.

Last edited:
s800, as stock as I could make it, with SH tires as was mentioned earlier in this thread. What am I supposed to be seeing?
Why do you drive it on a circuit without kerb stones when I’ve repeatedly said that the issue is triggered by hitting elevated kerb stones? Another example of you obfuscating the discussion instead of trying to cooperate. Besides, it doesn't even look like you’re using stock suspension. Overall the car has a modified look to it.

Why do you drive it on a circuit without kerb stones when I’ve repeatedly said that the issue is triggered by hitting elevated kerb stones? Another example of you obfuscating the discussion instead of trying to cooperate.
🙄

I drove it at Kyoto. Nothing. I drove over curbs. Nothing. I drive over jumps in the video. Nothing.

Besides, it doesn't even look like you’re using stock suspension. Overall the car has a modified look to it.
It has widebody. I'm not buying a new one to prove a point. If you think I'm going to go to the trouble of adjusting a racing suspension to hide a bug, then you are over estimating what I'm willing to do to show that I'm not experiencing these issues. Flipping the suspension to stock and doing a lap is all I'm willing to do.

This bug is a CNR (Cannot Reproduce)

Meanwhile, you haven't posted anything to show the issues that you are (supposedly) experiencing. If you want something fixed, PD would need to see it in action.

Good luck, have fun.

Last edited:
I agree, nothing to see there at all

You can't be this dumb...

You realise that entire video of yours not a single car is launched up and over onto it's roof by either curbs and or suspension, or anything really.
Also, that isn't new. You could roll the cars in GT5, GT6, and GTSport doing something like that. What are expecting? Stadium truck level suspension?
Yes if you intentionally try roll a car in a game or real life it will roll, well done for figuring that out...
You've had multiple examples from multiple people now that have not intentionally gone out of their way to roll a car and you're still being this stubborn.

Last edited:
Edit, McLaren locks the brakes too easily because the front compression & expansion is too soft so it understeers in big braking zones, this should not happen to this car

Also, you are driving too deep into the braking zones, which I have active in my version of the game. I show a lap with ABS weak, then ABS default, so you can see the differenced, and we al know this is something that has changed immensely.

After that clip, I went back and ran with ABS weak again, trying to be mindful of braking, etc.

You can't be this dumb...

You realise that entire video of yours not a single car is launched up and over onto it's roof by either curbs and or suspension, or anything really.

Yes if you intentionally try roll a car in a game or real life it will roll, well done for figuring that out...
You've had multiple examples from multiple people now that have not intentionally gone out of their way to roll a car and you're still being this stubborn.
I don't know why you need to resort to name calling. I simply disagree with the assertions that these issues are grave and/or game breakers. I might stretch to say they are a minor inconvenience at worst.

In every video the supporters have posted, there's been bad driving. Aggressive attempts to prove a point. I drive, trying to be smooth and fast, and I don't suffer these issues. Draw from that what you will. What I take away is that it's driver error.

Also, you are driving too deep into the braking zones,

In every video the supporters have posted, there's been bad driving. Aggressive attempts to prove a point. I drive, trying to be smooth and fast, and I don't suffer these issues. Draw from that what you will. What I take away is that it's driver error.
We don't need driving lessons from you thanks, we're all faster than you I promise.

You've fundamentally missed the point that the suspension travel is the issue, not bad driving

Last edited:
Someone oughta tell the Mondial AI in the Watkins Glen event to sort out his driver errors.

It would be nice to actually be able to discuss the suspension problems that are still being observed without someone spamming up the thread with irrelevant videos and waffle about how we all just suck and how he can win daily races. Alas!

Putting the credence to the bug still present, cars still bounce when you pick parts in GT Auto.

Version 1.49/1.50:

Version 1.52:

This is related to the current suspension issues, because back when the Sambabus bounce glitch was still a thing in 1.49, that can also happen in menus (Garage, Scapes Movies, GT Auto, etc). In particular, when you go to GT Auto and pick parts, the car's placement is reset back to the original position if the Sambabus ever bounced (until it eventually bounced again).

EDIT: Videos best viewed on full screen or slowed down.

Last edited:
Putting the credence to the bug still present, cars still bounce when you pick parts in GT Auto.

Version 1.49/1.50:

Version 1.52:

This is related to the current suspension issues, because back when the Sambabus bounce glitch was still a thing in 1.49, that can also happen in menus (Garage, Scapes Movies, GT Auto, etc). In particular, when you go to GT Auto and pick parts, the car's placement is reset back to the original position if the Sambabus ever bounced (until it eventually bounced again).

Na it’s bad driving that’s causing that

Version 1.49/1.50:

Version 1.52:

What bounce??? I've watched both of those YT videos and I do not see any bouncing at all...

Because it isn't "bouncing", it's resetting and settling on the suspension.

Totally broken game 🤣

Isn't there a re thread for minor bugs? At best, this issue belongs in "things that annoy you"
Completely agree. I have no idea what "the problem" is.

It's working exactly as I would expect.

The BMW M2 Competition is the first car I've noticed some very weird behavior, and I'm not sure what is causing the issue.
The Wheel/Driver animation with the hands on the wheel is turning the Wheel on its own and of course not just the wheel but also the car itself.
Going through a corner holding a steady angle with my Wheel, the game suddenly decides to steer on its own.
Yesterday I've driven a lot of cars around the Nordschleife and it happens at very different spots on the track.
Slow corners as well as faster corners, but the slower I drive or the less weight is on the suspension the less it happens but it still happens.
No matter if I put a stock suspension or sport suspension or no matter what tire compound.
It's just broken and definitely is a huge bug within the physics.
I don't know what exactly is causing it or if anyone else around here has noticed the same issue.
Would be interesting if some of you guys could test it too.

Because it isn't "bouncing", it's resetting and settling on the suspension.

Totally broken game 🤣

Isn't there a re thread for minor bugs? At best, this issue belongs in "things that annoy you"
"Resetting and settling on suspension" IN the GTAuto brake caliper color selection does not mean it's broken, if this is the only evidence of "bouncing " you have, not seeing any proof that it bounces in any appreciable way during a race, I rest my case that you have not proven that GT7 is a broken game.
Case dismissed on lack of evidence.

A game can never be broken, you have to use it in the right way. Showing us proof of your theory of the bouncing would have been better, so I agree with @jrbabbitt here. I don't have issues with the bouncing either.

Prior to 1.49 iirc cars would not react in any sort of way during GT Auto when changing parts. the car would stay static. post-1.49 cars now react to changes. I wouldn't go as far as to say this is a bug, this actually seems like an intentional change and mind those reading, GT7 isn't the only game where this car resetting when changing parts happens. I recall it happening in old '90s NFS games too.

For GT7 in particular the issue lies with the new suspension model. PD likely figured that the best way to prevent bugs on this screen would be to allow the suspension to 'reset' with each change. To be honest, it's hardly a thing worth being concerned about.

Last edited:
So, not trying to argue with anyone but yesterday I was hosting a 630PP street cars sports tires only event at the Nordschleife and during a race I was using an R34 tuned and during a high speed section before the carousel (sorry I can’t remember by name all the sections of the ‘ring) I went for the inside apex and went thru the curbs. No biggie as I like to use them to sort of thread the needle between semi curves, and guess what? My car launches and started jumping for two, three seconds max as if it were on pogos sticks.

Have the replay and later will try to cut that part and show it but yeah.

The issue/glitch/problem/bug/feature (choose your own option, not going to argue with anyone) still randomly shows under certain circumstances.

Was a great race though; we were all having close racing and very clean also!! Lots of fun!!

So, not trying to argue with anyone but yesterday I was hosting a 630PP street cars sports tires only event at the Nordschleife and during a race I was using an R34 tuned and during a high speed section before the carousel (sorry I can’t remember by name all the sections of the ‘ring) I went for the inside apex and went thru the curbs. No biggie as I like to use them to sort of thread the needle between semi curves, and guess what? My car launches and started jumping for two, three seconds max as if it were on pogos sticks.

Have the replay and later will try to cut that part and show it but yeah.

The issue/glitch/problem/bug/feature (choose your own option, not going to argue with anyone) still randomly shows under certain circumstances.

Was a great race though; we were all having close racing and very clean also!! Lots of fun!!
You may not want to argue with anyone, but your post is destined to trigger @Voodoovaj.

Seriously though, the suspension issues are causing me to play the game less. I’m finding myself choosing cars and circuits where I’m least likely to encounter the bug, so lately I’ve stopped driving the Nordschleife. Sad. PD is taking too long to address this.

Last edited:
Since we got two new cars in this update that fill out (or duplicate if you're feeling negative) existing model lines, and it's a noticeable trend that they've been filling in a bunch of these lines during a lot of recent updates, I thought it'd be interested to see the progress that has been made towards completing them.

I'm only counting OEM road cars, and am also not counting PD tuned variants like the Gr.X Road Cars.

Audi

TT

Currently in the game: 2003, 2009, 2014
DLC Count: 1 (2009 TTS)

Notes: Line is probably complete.

BMW

M3

Currently in the game: E30, E30 Evo, E36, E46, E92
DLC Count: 1 (E36)

Notes: We don't have an F80, but we do have the M4 coupé equivalent and I don't know that saloons are what PD are going for with their roster construction. Line is complete otherwise.

Chevrolet

Corvette

Currently in the game: C1, C2, C3 (Stingray and Convertible), C4 ZR1, C6 ZR1, C7 (Stingray and ZR1), C8
DLC Count: 2 (C1, C8)

Notes: The C5 is the obvious missing piece to make this line complete. They could also add the ZR1 C8 once that's out as they do like adding the zippy versions of modern Chevrolets (the Camaro and C7 both have a base and hot versions).

Dodge

Viper

Currently in the game: SR, ZB, VX
DLC Count: 0

Notes: This line is likely complete forever unless they want to add a convertible version.

Honda

Civic

Currently in the game: EG, EK ('97 and '98), FK2, FK8, FL5
DLC Count: 2 (EG and FL5)

Notes: The question here is does anyone, PD, Honda or userbase, care enough about the 2000s Civics? They're there if PD want the line to be complete, and the FD is even a Premium, but I think they've added the correct missing Civics so far. There's also pre-'90s Civics, but those feel quite unlikely given current car update trends.

Mazda

MX-5/Roadster

Currently in the game: NA, 2015 ND (S), 2022 ND (NR-A)
DLC Count: 1 (2022 NR-A)

Notes: Missing the NB and NC. The NB would be some people's choice for the most obvious "Gran Turismo" car that's not yet in the game, you'd have to think it's coming eventually. There's also a hardtop ND version, the RF, that feels very PD-like to add.

RX

Currently in the game: FC RX-7, FD RX-7, RX-8 Spirit R, RX-Vision

Notes: I could see a pre-facelift RX-8 being added, but I get why it'd be a bit of a long shot. There's also the FB RX-7 out there, but that's not been in the series since GT2. My general rule is that if an '80s/'90s JDM car didn't get a variant into GT4, it's probably low on PD's priority list. If not either of those, I think this line is probably complete until they release an RX-9.

Mercedes/AMG

GT

Currently in the game: GT S, GT R, GT Black Series

Notes: There's a new generation of these out. The GT3 car isn't based off of it yet thought, I wouldn't expect the road car until after Merc update their GT3 again.

Mitsubishi

Lancer Evo

Currently in the game: III GSR, IV GSR, V GSR, VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition, VIII MR GSR, IX MR GSR, Final Edition
DLC Count: 3 (III, VIII, IX)

Notes: Missing the I, II, and VII. All are less popular variants, and Mitsubishi themselves don't like the VII much because it was terrible in WRC (no game currently licenses it). I also wouldn't be shocked to see a standard VI GSR, or a non-Final late 2000s X.

Nissan

Silvia

Currently in the game: 2 S13s, 2 S14s, 1 S15, a 180SX and the Sileighty
DLC Count: 2 (both S14s)

Notes: The Silvia still has a long pre-S13 history, but one that PD has never really cared all that much about (only two pre-S13 Silvias in GT2 or GT4 when there were a billion trim specs of S13 and S14). I think they're done here for the forseeable. Maybe an outside shot at the 270R now that the 400R has re-established Nismo as a brand?

Skyline/GT-R
(yes, I know not all Skylines are GT-Rs and vice versa, I'm still lumping them together)

Currently in: KPGC10, KPGC110, R31 GTS-R, R32 GT-R Nismo, R32 GT-R V-spec, R33 GT-R V-spec, 400R, R34 GT-R V-spec Nur, R35 GT-R, R35 GT-R Nismo, R35 GT-R T-spec
DLC Count: 5 (KPGC110, R31, R32 Nismo, 400R, R35 T-spec)

Notes: If you search "R34" in this forum, you will find like ten posts of mine in various prediction threads going "every other modern GT-R has a Nismo variant, so the R34 should get one too!". I'm sticking to that line, that's one of the three gaps I expect them to fill eventually, along with an R30 road car and a pre-facelift R35 (since that's a really important car to PD's history). They could also reach back for a '60s Skyline, but I really don't think PD are that interested in pre-1970 Japanese cars right now, the classic focus is definitely on Europe and (especially) America.

Z

Currently in the game: 432, HS30, Z32, Z33, Z34, the new Z (I don't know its model code)

Notes: Maybe they add an early '80s Z31 at some point? But other than that I suspect they may be done for a while here, it's pretty complete.

It's also worth noting that every Nissan road car in the game is in one of those three lines, there's not much diversity there.

Porsche

Currently in the game: 901, 930 Turbo, 964, 993 RS, 993 RS CS, 996, 997, 991, 992
DLC Count: 2 (901, 992)

Notes: There's one for each generation now, but there's so many variants (Turbos, Carreras) that I don't want to say this is done. Especially since Porsche are still fairly new to the series, there's still novelty there if they decide to add an extra vehicle or two to a generation.

Subaru

BRZ

Currently in the game: 2015 S, 2018 STI Sport, 2021 S
DLC Count: 1 (2021)

Notes: Basically, take any new OEM 86 we get, add a few months, and the BRZ version will likely come.

Impreza/WRX

Currently in the game: 22B STi, Ver. VI, Blobeye, 2014 WRX
DLC Count: 1 (Blobeye)

Notes: There's a few that could come here. Wagon versions of the first generation, a Bugeye variant of the second generation, any third generation car (one is the GT Auto animation car, let's not forget), and the second generation WRX all feel like they could come into the game and make sense.

Toyota

Currently in the game: 2015, 2016 Limited, GRMN, 2021

Notes: I think there's nothing new they'll add currently - gen 1 is pretty well covered, and there aren't that many gen 2 variants. But if you said that I had to predict one car that eventually comes to Gran Turismo, that guess would be "whatever the next generation Toyota 86 is".

Supra

Currently in the game: A70, A80, 2 GR Supras; also the FT-1 if you want to count it

Notes: Similar to the 86, I think they've squeezed all of the juice that's currently there, but the moment there's something new I imagine PD will be on it quickly.

I think PD's recent trend of filling out model lines is in preparation for GT8's release, so that every new car added there is something truly fresh and exciting. It's safe to assume they probably don't want a repeat of 7's launch additions, where quite a few of them were slightly altered duplicates of cars that were already in Sport.

I'm a novice sim racer, recently upgrading to a force feedback wheel, cockpit, and haptics. Before update 1.49/1.50, I used a controller, but the shift in feel pushed me to invest in better gear for more precision in steering and braking. I'm not an expert; just sharing my thoughts.

I find the new physics frustrating. Although update 1.50 wasn't perfect, it offered more realistic handling characteristics and ride dynamics. Tires, especially comfort and sport ones, were almost unusable, but racing tires were nearly perfect, and weren't as grippy as they were in 1.47, providing more gradual traction loss, requiring precise steering, throttle and brake control. The issue I had with 1.50, was that once the rear broke loose, and if you didn't catch it immediately, the momentum seemed too high, making recovery nearly impossible, leading to the car spinning ad infinitum.

Now, with 1.52, tires stick too well to the road. It feels like the rear end is glued to the ground. When accelerating, the rear downforce loads the suspension, but under heavy braking, the front loads up while the rear feels as if it remains stuck to the ground, causing understeer. (I admit that this may be due to my inexperience and poor technique.)

Transitioning from off-track surfaces to the track has improved, but the grip on the track is excessively strong. If I spin on the grass and hit the track, the car quickly "locks" onto it, which reduces endless spins but feels abrupt and unnatural. I'm also frustrated by the return of snap oversteer. In addition, some cars flip during braking. This happens more with short-wheelbase vehicles, like the '09 Abarth on racing soft tires. I know that racing softs might be overkill for such a car, but they are essential for time trials where I need maximum grip. I hadn't encountered this problem before.

Overall, I'm finding the game less enjoyable. PD needs to stop making so many dramatic changes to the game's physics. I don't expect 1:1 translation from real life to a sim. But, I would at least like what I am feeling and my response s in-game to somewhat be analogous to what I would experience IRL.

I'm disappointed because for me, Gran Turismo provides an excellent sim racing experience. The car modeling, sound design, and attention to environmental details are fantastic, delivering, to me, an experience that I have not gotten from other sims.

Back