Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Yeah, I mean surely I thought PD would add more interesting features this month since we haven't had a new track since February.

The 3 is gonna be alright. Just awesome to see a car I wanted in the game.
IMG_3136.jpeg

The comments are a car crash.

I've rarely seen it this bad with the GT community.

TBH, I feel really bad for the devs who are putting their heart and soul into their work. Only to be let down by such poor management and communication. They must be reading GTP and social media in despair.

Yeah, we all want a new track, we all want more race cars etc. But even if they couldn't deliver this month, they could have thrown the community a bone with something like, oh I don't know, a double credit payout month. That's a pretty standard GAAS tactic to increase engagement. Once again, it's just basic GAAS management & QoL features you'd expect from any AAA 1st Party studio.
Bold of you to assume that anyone from PD reads anything we say:lol:

Underwhelming update. Not my favorite lot of cars, and no track. PD does not want you earning more than 900k credits/hour either, so no new "Tokyo" style events.

But these petitions and complaints are laughable. The only guy who can pressure PD is Super GT and even he doesn't have enough viewership. He's also a hypocrite, just wait for his next "This Is Why I Play This Game" video a few weeks from now. He could move on to Forza, but I've watched his videos on it and he wasn't too happy with that game.

All of them, whether it's Super GT, Rory, Tidgney, they may criticize, but, as they enjoy the racing in GT7, and they can't move onto different games without losing viewers, they keep making content for it and praising every little thing Polyphony adds to Sport Mode.

Then there's the main complainers and clickbaiters on YT, some of which are almost entirely devoted to hating on this game, which have few subs and low viewership, probably because the public for single player modes in racing games is a dwindling one.

Big press like IGN, etc.? GT7 is a 1.5 year old game. Old news. They don't care about our misery. Doesn't generate enough clicks. Why bother?

At the end of the day, Gran Turismo is the leading racing game on PlayStation, which lets PD clown around and release these morsels rather than more substantial updates. This won't change. It's a franchise that still sells on name alone. Consistent high seller in Japan and some European countries. And, may I remind you all of it, survived the dark days of the PS3 era, when Forza Motorsport was clearly better, yet never gained the same traction as GT5 or 6. It even survived Sport, which actually reinvented the franchise as a legitimate sim. The "fanbase" which is "unhappy" with the state of the game amounts to nothing.

Has to be said, though. There's someone here who, if you look through his posts, was defending everything PD was doing, spreading hopium about how PD scanned things they probably didn't scan, or how PD was working on a PC port of GT7, or how they were prepping a Spec-II upgrade, and now, for whatever reason, is singing a much different tune, also posting speculation he makes up about his perception of gaming development, based on pure guess. The problems GT7 currently has are the same they did last year, so why pull the 180 now? We were getting this sort of update last year as well. Why wasn't GT7 near EoL then? :lol:

At this point asking and claiming to PD and Kaz is not going to work TBH , they are following their plan even if that means losing a big portion of the fan base

At this point asking and claiming to PD and Kaz is not going to work TBH , they are following their plan even if that means losing a big portion of the fan base
Don't think this is gonna happen.

Sport was pretty much the same as 7. Maybe with more cars every month, but it did have barely over 100 at release, contrary to GT7's 420+ cars. People kept playing, the game reached some 15(?) million players (though a good chunk were probably smurfs/alts) and motivated Sony to fund 7.

There's this tale going around that Sport was better supported. It wasn't. The GT League in Sport is very bad, in some aspects far worse than World Circuits in GT7, which has its own shortcomings compared to Sport. The morsels were bigger, but were still just morsels.

And it didn't matter in the end.

All kidding aside, I have to keep wondering what PD's plans are. They're one of the most opaque (opposite of transparent) companies I've ever seen.

They do exactly what they want to do, only bringing us QoL improvements shortly after the game's launch. Then along the way we get physics updates, which is always a plus. Finally, a couple new tracks, almost all of which are new to the franchise. But that's it. That's where the good ends. The game's overall structure remains the exact same, with PD providing the crappy menu books, "full" or extra, and a continuous dripfeed of cars.

And as people have made it painfully clear, we're disappointed for no new track. After 7 months. This already makes me afraid for the next update. What more could possibly go wrong? At this point, I've already abandoned GT7 for the most part (only booting up the game for the Lap Time Challenges, which are easy money, and make your "medals" section look nice and complete), aside from very occasionally doing some select few races. I've also abandoned all hope for the upcoming updates, as they've been more or less the same over and over.

Apart from groundbreaking changes to the game (last of which were the car selling and ultimate parts purchasing features), we've seen nothing note-worthy. We're still waiting for more endurances...we're still waiting for championships...and we're still waiting for that next track. Or how about finally for a reason to obtain the I-B license, if one hasn't done so?

The game feels like a very, very cringy fanfiction written by PD, for children. Just like children, we're forced into collecting cars (because boys like their diecasts), and that's all we can really do. That's the game's goal, ultimately. Car progress, but no overall career progress. Since there isn't any.

Still to this day, I wonder why they decided to call this GT7. Imo it's just an expansion/improvement for Sport. It's just such a departure from the main series. It's really frustrating as well as sad to watch. I think the worst part about the game is that we simply get no information regarding the future whatsoever.

While I've already accepted the updates won't bring anything substantially good, there's always that tiny bit of hope things will improve. But will they...? This endless pondering just drives me crazy.

Last edited:
It is likely they see this as the tail end of support for GT7. This was 1.5 years of free updates after launch, which is not the worst, but definitely could be much better. If they are moving to GT8, it is at least a PS5 exclusive and it could be a problem making new track that would have to be compatible with PS4 as well. Or they're just chilling lol.

Just posting to let everyone know that Gold Medal Ribbon is my favorite flavor of ice cream from Baskin Robbins 👍🏼

…..and also, I’m glad everyone is getting their preemptive gripes off their chest.

…..and also-also. I still think this update is going to be a banger!!

Huge bummer on another month without a new track. Then again, probably my fault for having such an unrealistic expectation in the first place.

The Civics and the Mazda 3 look alright but they aren't enough to bring me back. I've been playing GT6 lately and I can't help but feel we're missing a lot of cool cars that will likely never arrive to GT7.

The Audi dealership in GT7 looks especially depressing. So many stuff missing, both new and old.

Last edited:
For those pinning their hopes on a GT8, we're going to be waiting a long time. The post-GT3 average wait time for the next game is over 4 years, and we're nowhere near halfway there.

If we're lucky, the drip will continue until then. If not, see Forza Motorsport 7, which officially hit end-of-life well before its replacement.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s 1.38 Update Revealed: Adds Three New Cars, Two New Extra Menu Books

Polyphony Digital has revealed the contents for the next update for Gran Turismo 7, ahead of its arrival on Thursday September 28, confirming the new vehicles heading to the game as well as other changes...
This is not good enough by Sony and polyphony as there is basically nothing in this update and forza coming very soon xbox will blow this game out of the water if they don't get there act together and start adding tracks and a 24 hr race

Free stuff is good, I guess. I'm curious to see what the new Civic Type R is like because no other game has it at this point. After that, it's Forza time and a new Xbox.

This is not good enough by Sony and polyphony as there is basically nothing in this update and forza coming very soon xbox will blow this game out of the water if they don't get there act together and start adding tracks and a 24 hr race
Wait until you learn that Forza will have to add at least 15 tracks beyond the 3 already promised post-launch to match the GT7 track count, and the next single-player 24-hour Forza race will be the first single-player 24-hour Forza race.

Probably a few more new races that takes too long to complete with crappy payout as usual or some worthless races that barely covers my sports tires expenses.
Love me some classic cars but they making sure that it will be very hard to obtain, and I don't need that crap I felt in real life be in their game, over inflated prices were already bad enough now if I'm lazy for the week and play something else that week I pretty much missed the cars I want to buy or can't grind for it in time before new rotation and then some jackass AI decided to sold out that one car in middle of the week.
Very disappointed that this is all we get for a first update in two months.

So the brand-new Civic FL5 proves PD can implement brand-new present-day cars into the game...

The absolute contrary to what they stated before, in how its not possible to have present-day cars due to the massive time it takes to model them...

Christ on a bike... PD are masters of confusion...

Reading through the comments seeing people say those covering it don't have the viewership to make PD care enough to listen.

You know what will? Logging off.

It's always online, sports focused gameplay. Stop playing. Fire up something else for a while. When the servers give them crickets, they'll change the game.

Said it before and will again, the wheel only keeps turning through momentum. If you all aren't happy, do what I did, uninstall and move on

Not exactly sure how the time between August 31st and September 28th counts as "Two months"
I meant first update with additional content not some smaller stability bug fixing updates.

PMK
2 menu books and new scapes is actually insane. I'm honestly laughing reading this. It's like PD is spitting in our faces.
Not to mention one of the menus requires you to collect expensive Porsches, one of them are locked behind an invite and another is under a mercy of Hager ****ing-ty weekly classics/legends car rotation.
First time I saw they locked one of my most favorite cars in the game behind an invite, I died little inside.

So the brand-new Civic FL5 proves PD can implement brand-new present-day cars into the game...

The absolute contrary to what they stated before, in how its not possible to have present-day cars due to the massive time it takes to model them...

Christ on a bike... PD are masters of confusion...
Except it hit dealers in the fall of 2022, roughly a year ago.

I think you're looking for the Nissan Z Performance, which was in the game before it rolled off the production line.

Underwhelming update. Not my favorite lot of cars, and no track. PD does not want you earning more than 900k credits/hour either, so no new "Tokyo" style events.
You can easily earn around 1.6 million per hour.

Back