Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Without going into the suspension tweaks, the current tyre model is broken.
In a normal race I’ve seen people drive on complete dead tyres and still be able to keep it on the track, and do reasonable lap times at some tracks. The grip doesn’t fade enough, plus the fact you can’t get a punch is crazy. The last tyre model they used was good, as at the 80% worn you noticed the tyres start to fail.

As for suspension tweaks, I’ve not seen any improvements. Seems to be more about how drive the car that affects tyre wear.

Having been playing ACC a lot recently that has a full damage model, the way that system works, and how people treat the racing just makes the full damage system work.

I think for GT7 to implement the damage model, the first thing needs sorting is driving standards. This needs a huge improvement before it works well. Too many are still relying on using others as the brake, trying an overtake that will never come off and also too many make little mistakes.

The other problem is the damage itself. Feels like GT7 is a on/off. They seems to be no like variable damage. ACC has a variable damage model, where a slight rear end shunt, might damage the rear diffuser bit it still gives good performance. GT7 in a rear end shunt, the rear diffuser gets fully broken and instantly hiders you pace
Do you have proof of these people running tires in the red and still getting competitive times? I do a lot of league racing with some extremely fast people and even with them when those tires get red those times drop… we even have had people try to bring them home and end up losing the race big time because of a major spin out.. people even in here are loosing close to 1.5 seconds from worn tires preparing for tomorrow race.

I watch a bunch of ACC streams and the way you talk as if ACC doesn’t have the same problems you see in GT is kinda weird … It’s racing I have seen worst behavior from actual e sport drivers or just high rank drives on Iracing and ACC compared to GT. In the end of the day we got a bunch of people from all different backgrounds and skill levels competing in a high intense sports… these things are just bound to happen. I still wouldn’t trade having damage off or on weak compared to full damage. The stakes being so high makes the racing that much better in my opinion.

Last edited:
Remember that the tire wear bar we see now is significantly "zoomed in" from the original one at release. What we see as "all red" is actually, what, 1/2 wear or less? From that perspective, I don't think the times on worn tires are too out of whack.

Do you have proof of these people running tires in the red and still getting competitive times? I do a lot of league racing with some extremely fast people and even with them when those tires get red those times drop… we even have had people try to bring them home and end up losing the race big time because of a major spin out.. people even in here are loosing close to 1.5 seconds from worn tires preparing for tomorrow race.
Some tracks yes the tyres do die and I know that WG is one of those tracks. I remember doing a daily there a few months back and your having to nurse that front left. I think they was race the other week were you had a mandatory pit stop, but it was still quicker to not change tyres and finish the race on nearly dead tyres. Also the GTWS in nations at Spa. If I remember Japan, were on softs that were running on like 0-5% life, yet they were still quicker than a few cars on mediums that had more life in the tyre.

What I was pointing out was the tyres do seem to have a strange grip model.

I watch a bunch of ACC streams and the way you talk as if ACC doesn’t have the same problems you see in GT is kinda weird … It’s racing I have seen worst behavior from actual e sport drivers or just high rank drives on Iracing and ACC compared to GT. In the end of the day we got a bunch of people from all different backgrounds and skill levels competing in a high intense sports… these things are just bound to happen. I still wouldn’t trade having damage off or on weak compared to full damage. The stakes being so high makes the racing that much better in my opinion.
Yeah ACC has its issues too, but the damage on that is more on a scale. Light hits and damage have little effect, until you get more and more then it starts effecting the cars. GT7 as soon as the red damage is flashing on the car, it’s like turing a switch on and the damage just instantly effects the car.

Ran in a lobby (of very fast drivers destroying my lap times...) last night and basically learned that preserving tires is my best chance at success. The Merc handles great but is basically a moving traffic cone on the long pull from T1 to the bus stop.

But the tire wear is good, not much pace loss, if any, and still have 10% or so white left on front and rear. I was able to make up a couple places saving the 30 or so seconds of pit time. I'm gonna have to keep clean so I don't have to pit for damage (if I'm lucky), and it should work out okay. I do love driving this track so I'd like to get a good result here.

Ran in a lobby (of very fast drivers destroying my lap times...) last night and basically learned that preserving tires is my best chance at success. The Merc handles great but is basically a moving traffic cone on the long pull from T1 to the bus stop.

But the tire wear is good, not much pace loss, if any, and still have 10% or so white left on front and rear. I was able to make up a couple places saving the 30 or so seconds of pit time. I'm gonna have to keep clean so I don't have to pit for damage (if I'm lucky), and it should work out okay. I do love driving this track so I'd like to get a good result here.
What were your times? I’m in the 458 and my rears are going to be dead I’m afraid. I’m at 1:45.7 for the TT so I’m guess around 1:46 ish will be my race pace.

Last edited:
Something funny I noticed on the dash of my McLaren last race (during the replay). It was only flashed on for about a second. No idea why. But, not exactly what you want to see while going down Dottenger on lap one. :lol: British cars and rain, amirite? :P

8bc80b1470e76872001c0dcd8c0ba82c_photo.webp

What were your times? I’m in the 458 and my rears are going to be dead I’m afraid. I’m at 1:45.7 for the TT so I’m guess around 1:46 ish will be my race pace.
458 masochist here too…

1 stops mandatory for us. I think I’m going to go 8-7, in an effort to have fresher tires and low fuel towards the end to take advantage of anyone nursing dead tires and/or damage. My fastest TT lap is 1:45.3 but my race pace is consistently in the mid-high 1:46’s.

I’ve never been this far off the pace in my life 😂

Looking at the leaderboards, there’s a couple Ferrari dudes that have been able to spin a high 1:43 in TT. I honestly have no clue how there’re doing it…I can only surmise they’ve figured out a way to nail T1 without spinning out - and I have no clue how they’re doing that!!

8th place is as good as 1st for us compadre 😎

Last edited:
@JDMKING13 my best in free practice is 1:45.4xx. In the lobby I was referring to I was lapping in the high 1:46, low 1:47 range, minus one off track excursion. But the conditions/time of day weren't the same as free practice either so who knows how well it will translate.

@JDMKING13 my best in free practice is 1:45.4xx. In the lobby I was referring to I was lapping in the high 1:46, low 1:47 range, minus one off track excursion. But the conditions/time of day weren't the same as free practice either so who knows how well it will translate.
You in a 458 as well? Trying to figure out a tune. I’ve tried almost everything in my small black book of tricks, but to no avail

458 masochist here too…

1 stops mandatory for us. I think I’m going to go 8-7, in an effort to have fresher tires and low fuel towards the end to take advantage of anyone nursing dead tires and/or damage. My fastest TT lap is 1:45.3 but my race pace is consistently in the mid-high 1:46’s.

I’ve never been this far off the pace in my life 😂

Looking at the leaderboards, there’s a couple dudes that have been able to spin a high 1:43 in TT. I honestly have no clue how there’re doing it…I can only surmise they’ve figured out a way to nail T1 without spinning out - and I have no clue how they’re doing that!!

8th place is as good as 1st for us compadre 😎
Thanks for the advice! I am with you big time those guys are amazing… I think our car just isn’t that good here? Normally I see a few 458 in the top 100 but not this time. I am also aiming for a top 7 finish and I will be happy… I think your strategy will work big time especially if we can keep it clean! I think many people might try to push a no stopper.. so I am hoping people catch damage or just over cook their tires so we catch them at the end! Good luck bro! 🤌🏾

Thanks for the advice! I am with you big time those guys are amazing… I think our car just isn’t that good here? Normally I see a few 458 in the top 100 but not this time. I am also aiming for a top 7 finish and I will be happy… I think your strategy will work big time especially if we can keep it clean! I think many people might try to push a no stopper.. so I am hoping people catch damage or just over cook their tires so we catch them at the end! Good luck bro! 🤌🏾

IMG_4011.gif

Not that I’m complaining (even though I’m kinda complaining…)

But a race like this is a good demonstration on how far off the GT3 458 is. It literally does nothing well besides sound like an eargasm. This is why I wish GT1 FIA seasons included GR.4 races, because the GT4 variant is good enough to compensate for the lack luster GT3 car. What’s interesting enough is that it was one of the most dominant GT3 cars in its time.

Last edited:
But a race like this is a good demonstration on how far off the GT3 458 is. It literally does nothing well besides sound like an eargasm. This is why I wish GT1 FIA seasons included GR.4 races, because the GT4 variant is good enough to compensate for the lack luster GT3 car. What’s interesting enough is that it was one of the most dominant GT3 cars in its time.
I kinda feel Ferrari's 2023 online season was carried by the Gr.4 car, as after all Gr.4 races wrapped up, their seasonal collapse began. inb4 a sudden BoP buff in the next content update though...

Something funny I noticed on the dash of my McLaren last race (during the replay). It was only flashed on for about a second. No idea why. But, not exactly what you want to see while going down Dottenger on lap one. :lol: British cars and rain, amirite? :P

In game it means the hazard light on the 650 is on, IRL it's usually a mode that activates when the engine control unit detects a fault (which in most cases you probably have your hazards on). Pretty sure the real life 650S GT3 has this exact message too, i've seen it during a race once.

Last edited:
thanks to all for the inputs to my questions on tuning being not as big a factor for tire wear unless you have a bad one.
Agree with the perspectives shared here.

One item I wanted to test is why I was feeling so far off keeping the car from spinning when full red rear and I found one thing that made a big difference for me.

I just started a new account to be able to race with our European friends while I had time over the holidays.

In setting my wheel configuration I opted to increase FFB sensitivity to max and it was an eye opener.
Was never able to catch snap on cars with my previous low sensitivity settings but found the high FFB working wonders for controlling slides and snap.

The high sensitivity is why I couldn’t get on the same with red tires. I tried tested both settings just now and it makes a world of difference where the floating, more vague low sensitivity setting makes the car control able for my ability while the max setting causes me to spin much more easily once I have full red rear tires.

just wanted to share that observation that I made during my testing. That said, I am still going to plan my strategy around my new max sensitivity settings because I believe it will payoff with offering the best overall control and lap times.

Good luck to all of you in tomorrow’s race! Hope everyone has a great race.

🍻

PMK
In game it means the hazard light on the 650 is on, IRL it's usually a mode that activates when the engine control unit detects a fault (which in most cases you probably have your hazards on). Pretty sure the real life 650S GT3 has this exact message too, i've seen it during a race once.
Makes perfect sense. I was getting a push from a BWM behind and flipped on the hazards for a split second to say "thanks." Good call!

Another small detail PD have included that is pretty cool.

Not that I’m complaining (even though I’m kinda complaining…)

So why did you pick them?

PD really needs to add the 296. Like, yesterday. The 458 GT3 is horrid. That being said, GT1 is Gr3 only so if you picked it then my friend(s), you made your bed(s)...

In fairness you probably didn't know any of the races would require tire saving, but the MR cars are so sketchy through any bus-stop and the downhill section of Bathurst.

Last edited:
Watkins Glen is pretty much my favourite track in the game so was really looking forward to do a race here on my return to this game. It is such an awesome track to drive and it just looks so good!

So, I'm in GT2 league and was in the Ferrari which is probably on of the best cars for this track, perhaps only surpassed by the McLaren.

Qualifying went okay, not as fast as in practice but a 1.54 and a bit was enough for pole. My start was just fine, had a gap of a few tenths going to the chicane and the cars in second and third were fighting each other so got a nice gap and from that moment om I could just focus on doing my laps and trying to pull away from the others.

Succeeded in that and build a comfortable lead. I was really happy with my consistency, the first 7 laps were just 0.3 seconds apart; but after that tyrewear kicked in a bit and I got a bit slower. But crossed the line as the winner, nice one!

1704281855445.png

Judging the replay it was a pretty sportive lobby, Some nice fights for 2nd and 4th position, with extra kudos to the driver in the rather nice looking McLaren below; in the last lap he tried to overtake the Porsche and they got contact after that the Porsche went of track. The McLaren braked and waited for the Porsche to get back and allowed him to get in front again. You are truly a British gentlemen, Sir!!!

1704282057602.png

anyway, nice to win on my return and really looking forward to the race on Dragon Trail!

Good luck to all driving later today!

1704282117176.png

:lol: British cars and rain, amirite? :P

We love the rain. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a rain mode button where a deck chair, brolly and a cuppa appear.
Watkins Glen is pretty much my favourite track in the game so was really looking forward to do a race here on my return to this game. It is such an awesome track to drive and it just looks so good!

So, I'm in GT2 league and was in the Ferrari which is probably on of the best cars for this track, perhaps only surpassed by the McLaren.

Qualifying went okay, not as fast as in practice but a 1.54 and a bit was enough for pole. My start was just fine, had a gap of a few tenths going to the chicane and the cars in second and third were fighting each other so got a nice gap and from that moment om I could just focus on doing my laps and trying to pull away from the others.

Succeeded in that and build a comfortable lead. I was really happy with my consistency, the first 7 laps were just 0.3 seconds apart; but after that tyrewear kicked in a bit and I got a bit slower. But crossed the line as the winner, nice one!

View attachment 1316227

Judging the replay it was a pretty sportive lobby, Some nice fights for 2nd and 4th position, with extra kudos to the driver in the rather nice looking McLaren below; in the last lap he tried to overtake the Porsche and they got contact after that the Porsche went of track. The McLaren braked and waited for the Porsche to get back and allowed him to get in front again. You are truly a British gentlemen, Sir!!!

View attachment 1316232

anyway, nice to win on my return and really looking forward to the race on Dragon Trail!

Good luck to all driving later today!

View attachment 1316233
Nice, you didn't just win, you overwon!

Makes perfect sense. I was getting a push from a BWM behind and flipped on the hazards for a split second to say "thanks." Good call!

Another small detail PD have included that is pretty cool.

So why did you pick them?

PD really needs to add the 296. Like, yesterday. The 458 GT3 is horrid. That being said, GT1 is Gr3 only so if you picked it then my friend(s), you made your bed(s)...

In fairness you probably didn't know any of the races would require tire saving, but the MR cars are so sketchy through any bus-stop and the downhill section of Bathurst.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m well aware of how bad the Ferrari 458 is. I’ve almost been driving them in FIA exclusively since Covid. Believe it or not, the 458 was even worse in GTS! Anytime I see a race with a tire multiplier past x3….i know I’m going to need to be creative with tire strategy. I knew the 458 was on the slower side, but I didn’t know it was this much slower over the course of a lap at a very fast Watkins Glen track.

The main reason I went with Ferrari…other than that sound! - was I wanted to see what kind of tunes I could come up with to make it competitive, in hopes that the next official season goes back to GR.3 and GR.4. But I agree with you on the fact that if GT1 keeps being Group 3 only, then I’ll probably go back to something much easier to drive that I already have tunes for, like Porsche

Anyways, I caught the first Oceanic slot before I headed off to work. Went as expected. I was no match for the Mercedes, Genesis, GTR’s or Supra’s on the loooooooooooong acceleration zones. And being tied to a 1-stop didn’t do me any favors. Finished a very distant 10th 😂

Bathurst should be interesting. At least there’s 2 mandatory compounds at this round.

If the GT3 Ferrari is so bad, why was it going so well at the Ring? First and Second in qualifying, the Ferrari down in 12th was also very fast in the race, he caught and passed me for 4th, only losing it back through a last lap mistake. From the championship tables I can see he went again and got a big points haul.

Just done my first attempt at the Glen in the GT4 Ferrari, qualified 4th. Then 2nd & 3rd decide to play silly buggers at the start, already barging each other around through 3 and 4, then clashing again before even reaching the chicane. I rear end one of them as they bounce back on track and get a 3 second penalty, dropping me from 3rd to 12th, Ouch! Good news I had good pace and have plenty of chances to run again later. Annoying thing is the guy I hit I sent back up to full speed and he carried on nicely for a 2nd place finish.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231230082613.jpg

Ran the Asia second slot. Door 14 on my 650s.

Went out early in qualifying and found a nice gap between the car in front and the car behind. Did a 44.7 banker and then launched on a flyer. The car in front of me lost traction on the exit of turn 1 and by the time we reached the bus stop I was on his bumper. Lap ruined.

The banker was good enough for q4.

The race itself was brilliant. The front 5 of us on the grid cleared out to a 3 second gap early and ran roughly in formation for 10 laps. P1 was in a different class and pulled away but p2-5 were all within a few seconds. Then the M6 in front of me started to lose its tyres and started aggressively defending. Over the next 3 laps we watched p2 disappear up the road and p6 start to make inroads.

From lap 12 he was regularly defending the inside before swerving wide just before braking and both I and p5 had to take evasive action several times.

On lap 14 he cut me off into the bus stop and then again in the left after the long sweeper. I decided to set him up into the right hander at the bottom of the hill and use my better grip to go past him up the hill. Unfortunately he had different plans and braked super early (A less generous person would call it a brake check). I hit his rear and sustained front splitter damage. He slid a little wide but no damage. Ironically, I managed to outrun him up the hill because he decided to block the McLaren in p5.

Carrying damage I was almost immediately caught by an AMG who had been p6 and decided just to let him go. Limping, I was able to stay a couple of seconds clear of p5 and 6 and bring it home for p4 and 225 points.

Watkins Glen is an excellent track for racing and this combo was actually great. Good luck to everyone who gives it a shot.

If the GT3 Ferrari is so bad, why was it going so well at the Ring? First and Second in qualifying, the Ferrari down in 12th was also very fast in the race, he caught and passed me for 4th, only losing it back through a last lap mistake. From the championship tables I can see he went again and got a big points haul.
Given the criteria of the N24 race, Ferrari probably not too bad. The MR cars are very good in the rain as the rear is very planted allowing for great exits in the wet. Add to that virtually no tire wear in the dry and it's probably a decent choice. I did run the Lambo on one of my accounts and it was very good in the wet and decent in the dry.

Don't forget in GT1 it's Gr3 only. And you have to pick for a whole season not just one of the races. So, IMO, the Ferrari will struggle in three of the four races in GT1.

We love the rain. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a rain mode button where a deck chair, brolly and a cuppa appear.
That sounds amazing and I want one now. :D

Back to Watkins Glen, I think I'm going to be incredibly lucky to even be able to see the top 10 when I do my race in a few hours time. After watching GT1 streams from Asia-Oceania, my best practice race times are about 30-40s off the winners' pace. I wasn't expecting an easy season in the Hyundai but I can't say I thought it was going to be  this bad. :ill: The car just doesn't seem to have any pace and grinding the front tyres to mush by lap 12 is just icing on the cake.

If anyone ends up in my lobby, feel free to give me an F in the chat before we start because I'm going to need a miracle to not lose DR!

Last edited:
Watkins Glen…. Chiefs Kiss 💋
Absolutely love Watkins Glen as a track. Fast flowing track, with some technical difficulties in the corners. Great Track!

Lobby - 2pm UK slot. DR B, I entered as car #9. Points 141.

IMG_2704.jpeg
Quali - solidish lap in quali. No way near as fast as my PB in TT. 1.54.1 was good for P4. Lost a few tenths in the final sector.

Race - solid start and I was able to get P3 into the bus stop after the car ahead appeared to brake check? After that the cold tyres hurt me a little as I just don’t feel confident on them. Lost my P3 into the final sector. Lap 2 got a good T1 exit and I was able to slip past P3 into the bus stop again, but this time I was able to pull away.
IMG_2705.jpeg

From there on in to the end, nothing too much happened. I was able to catch up to P2, but just didn’t have enough to make the past. P4 was easily covered, and was able to gap them up to 4 seconds. On lap 6 I made a small error and picked up a 0.500 for track limits. I thought my P2 chance was over, but to my luck on lap 7 P2 went wide at T1. Got a nice close gap to P2 at the penalty line, so just a shame I had a pen too. In the end I settled for P3 as I felt like that was the best I could do, plus I wasn’t risking a move on P2 if it cost us both a podium.

P3 for 129 points, so I’ll take that. Good race that. Maybe a little boring as I didn’t really get to race anyone, but still enjoyed that even in the Gr4s. Toyota felt great once I adjusted the suspension a little. Felt very stable and quick in the corners. Tyres didnt have as much wear then my practice sessions so not sure if I have wrong tyre settings? I would have liked to see a few more laps added. 12/13 would have been a good number.

Live Stream if interested

Last edited:
Any tips for the GT4 Cayman? Going to run the event this evening. Also appreciate a tune recommendation if anyone has one (tried searching).

Yep. Just ran the second GT2 slot in the Americas, driving the MAZDA3. @GlockPants was there, too!

It was a pretty uneventful race for me. In qualifying, I managed to keep my car from driving onto the track until I intended to, this time, so I had plenty of space to run my laps. Ran a decent 1:54.3, which was good for Q2.

For the race, I was chasing P1, never fast enough to catch them, never slow enough to be overtaken by P3. Finished P2, right where I started.

I think @GlockPants might have a more interesting story to tell about the race, though.

Back to Watkins Glen, I think I'm going to be incredibly lucky to even be able to see the top 10 when I do my race in a few hours time. After watching GT1 streams from Asia-Oceania, my best practice race times are about 30-40s off the winners' pace. I wasn't expecting an easy season in the Hyundai but I can't say I thought it was going to be  this bad. :ill: The car just doesn't seem to have any pace and grinding the front tyres to mush by lap 12 is just icing on the cake.

If anyone ends up in my lobby, feel free to give me an F in the chat before we start because I'm going to need a miracle to not lose DR!
I just finished my race, and what I said previously doesn't even remotely cover what I just experienced. I don't think I've felt so uncompetitive in any race, ever. It wasn't even close.

Qualified P15 solely because a McLaren botched qualifying with a penalty and ended P15 more than 40 seconds after the winner. The only reason it wasn't P16 was because someone quit. I was chasing an AMG for P15 pretty much all race, and doing an awful job of it too as the only thing bringing him back to me were track limit penalties which I was too far away to do anything with.

I think I'm going to try some laps in other cars. I really, really want to know if it's the Hyundai, me being bad at the track, or a combination of the two...

Edit - Just did a full distance run in a McLaren with no practice to adjust to the car, no tuning etc. Immediately went more than 10 seconds faster than my personal best. I get the feeling this is still one of my weaker tracks but the car is definitely a major factor!

Last edited:
Back