Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,975 comments
For those who have done practice runs in race conditions, how are you finding your lap times compared to free practice? I've managed to start setting mid-high 1:31s more consistently in free practice (including a 1:31.2, no idea where that one came from) but in actual race conditions I can't get below a mid 1:32. That gap is a bit higher than I'd have anticipated.

I'm wondering whether the extra weight from the fuel impacts the Renault heavily since it seems like it needs to be revved very aggressively to get any straight line speed, or if it's like this for everyone. (Or alternatively, if I'm just not hitting my marks as smoothly!)

I've done two runs now which have ended up with very similar times. The first one I did yesterday went 31:28 going 10M/10H. Today's one went 31:27 going 12M/8H as I've switched to BB+5 for more rotation after finding it helped my lap times. It helped my front tyres last longer, but I reckon I should have switched off to Hards sooner.

Did some more testing and got into the 32s even though that lap was not really good and i nearly went to space on the first sausage curb on this tracks death chicane.. and I suck so bad at the quadruple left hander 😂

Still very exited for the race though

192559d12c481-screenshotUrl.jpg

For those who have done practice runs in race conditions, how are you finding your lap times compared to free practice?
I'm probably too slow for it to be relevant to you, but I'm seeing a similar difference between Free Practice and Custom Races. My best lap on RMs in a Custom Race is 1:34.640, compared to 1:33.770 in Free Practice. My best opt time in Custom Races is a little closer -- 1:34.179 -- but still a way off from Free Practice.

I feel like the fuel weight does have significant impact here. I definitely feel a difference at the hairpin. I expect it also impacts the speed I'm able to take the long compound corner and the final high-speed one.

Not a very original choice round here, but anyway I'm pleased to announce my signing to Team GTP Lavazza-Renault.

Had a few tests with some top manufacturers, the Renault felt planted and predictable and decent lap-times came quite easily. Plus they offered me the most amount of cash.

IMG_9435.JPG

As part of this very lucrative deal I am contractually obliged to drink twelve cups of Lavazza, The World's Finest Coffee™ during each race.

Checked the end date on my Plus and realized I have time for one last GTWS race. Have gone local and signed with McLaren, it's been quite a while since I last drove for them. Doing something different and dumb for this special one-off cameo - I'm running the F1. This won't go well.

Last edited:
Back