Grease monkey engineering!! - The Last Hurrah!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 208 comments
Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart
(Based on Colt Sport X)​

Power: 126Kw
Torque: 213.15Nm
Weight: 1030Kg
0-100km/h: 8.02sec
0-160km/h: 18.16sec
1/4 Mile: 15.765@150km/h
Top Speed: 222.07km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC fitted)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 1 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Fully Customisable Gearbox
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.5/6.0
Ride Height: 100/100
Damper Bound: 3/2
Damper Rebound: 6/5
Camber: 2.4/1.4
Toe Angle: 1/-2
Stabilisers: 4/4

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 6.500, Autoset 1, then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.300
2nd: 1.650
3rd: 1.275
4th: 1.025
5th: 0.850
6th: 0.715
Final: 4.440

LSD
Initial: 8
Acceleration: 10
Deceleration: 9

Mitsubishi’s Colt has been the baby of the range for many years now, and with the new Colt, once again they released a turbo version after GT4 was released. So here’s my interpretation of the Colt Ralliart Turbo which was released to the public. A little bit up on stock power thanks to the racing exhaust and other engine parts, this car is focused more on handling to allow it to hang with the big boys of the JDM scene (Skyline’s, Evo’s, STi’s). While it gets smashed by those cars in a straight line, it has decent acceleration thanks to its close ratio gearbox and it’s handling allows it to monster them all over GVS and other twisty courses.

RUF Boxster GT

Power: 265Kw
Torque: 411.80Nm
Weight: 1300kg
0-100km/h: 5.00sec
0-160km/h: 9.88sec
1/4 Mile: 12.928@185km/h
Top Speed: 297.36km/h

Parts To Buy
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes (No BBC)
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD

Settings
Suspension
Spring Rate: 9.2/9.2
Height: 100/100
Damper Bound: 4/3
Damper Rebound: 7/6
Camber: 2.2/0.7
Stabilisers: 5/5

LSD
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 13

The Boxster has always been viewed as the bottom rung of the Porsche tree, people get them because they can’t afford 911’s and the performance of the original wasn’t really inspiring. Porsche tried to fix it with the Boxster S, but it wasn’t really enough for the person who liked the wind in his hair. RUF came to the party with their 3400S but it also needed that bit of finesse added to it. That’s where we’ve come in. The result is this....the RUF BGT (Boxster GT). We grabbed that 3.4L flat-six and took it a bit further with a full balancing and an intake/head/exhaust combo. From that a nice 265Kw was extracted, to give the chassis the power it deserves to have. The gearbox is taller in first for less wheelspin and better low speed movement while all the rest of the gearing is pretty much standard fare. Same with the LSD, fully done but you would think you were still using the stock item, and the suspension has received a similar treatment.
The performance is nice and flowing all around the car, not being a head ripping monster or a slow cruiser, but allowing you to use its power all the time. It rewards your driving by going aroung GVS in just over 2.00 flat, around the ‘Ring in less than 7.25 and just off 300km/h for a top speed and of course, you still get that wind in the hair.

The BGT, the Carrera GT now has a little brother to play with.

Hey Mafs, I never noticed you were putting 0-60mph and 0-100mph, er sorry, 0-100kmh and 0-160kmh times up! Looks like a challenge! You've just motivated me to make my 3400s that is in the pipelines a lot faster to 60/100. Nice tunes, but beware. I may have to see you at the spot race thread!

Senamic

It's only a factory tune senamic, I could go a whole heap faster on the power side but decided against it. 👍 1st gear could be improved more for faster 0-100 times, but that didn't benefit the car in terms of circuit speed. But yes, I do 0-100's, 0-160's, 1/4 Mile (ET & Speed) & Top Speed runs to give the whole spectrum of what the car can or can't do. There's a couple of cars that are already up that I still have to do. eg. Do some runs for the Clubby R8 and put those figures up, but it's a 13.4 runner and 270km/h+ top end from past testing which is side by side with it's real life counterpart.

I'm trying to work out how to perfect these Lexus's I'm trying to do. One has the suspension settings done but I'm torn between NA and forced induction for it's engine as the tuning & gearing makes them as fast as each other. The other is just a pain in the butt to tune properly full stop, it has too much torque for the tyres and makes my Mustangs seem easy to take off with. :ouch:

NA would be my choice if times are not an issue namely due to the slightly purer drive...

But for a "factory" car as you like doing a turbo would make more sense as it is rare to see a manufacturer really stretch NA motors when they can go to a turbo for cheaper, easier power.

I bet your having troubles with second gear powersliding aren't you Mafs. That's the problem I had with the Lexus's anyway.

Not really, I'm having problems with takeoff and turning the tyres into butter within a lap on S3's with the second Lexus Camryfan due to it's massive amount of torque. Once it's getting speed it's alright but that's once it's going, not off the line which is what I need to fix in this cars case. Once that's done it will come out, but only when it is done and I don't have the issue anymore.

The first one is more a case of both are as good as each other so it's more a matter of choice for me what I want to do and what sounds better to the car. :cool:

I found when I was researching the game's Lexus's (long berore the days of AMMT) that turbos suit nicely, except for the SC300 and SC 430, which were lovely with NA

I only just realised via your post that a car capable of 2.00 at GVS could go under 7'30 at The Ring. That makes most cars supercar beaters when you modify them.:eek:

I only just realised via your post that a car capable of 2.00 at GVS could go under 7'30 at The Ring. That makes most cars supercar beaters when you modify them.:eek:

Yeah no.

The car still has to suit the 'Ring to manage the 7:30, you can't really gauge the time at Nurb off GVS at all.

Yeah no.

The car still has to suit the 'Ring to manage the 7:30, you can't really gauge the time at Nurb off GVS at all.

With production cars you can, as his is. His same setup did those laps at both tracks.

I found when I was researching the game's Lexus's (long berore the days of AMMT) that turbos suit nicely, except for the SC300 and SC 430, which were lovely with NA

Um, senamic....the SC300 was a turbo car (1JZ-GTE), there was no NA for it. ;) You're thinking more of the IS300 I'd say mate. 👍

Yeah no.

With production cars you can, as his is. His same setup did those laps at both tracks.

But it is an indicator as Paulie is leading to RJ, I can see where he's coming from. But the car has to be setup properly so the same settings will perform well on both tracks and most other tracks for that matter. Some of them I feel unsatisfied and will test them at multiple tracks until I think it's quick enough, and usually release those results.
But others like the 270NA struggle to get near the 2.05's at GVS and can get well under 7.30's on S3's at the 'Ring.

Yes, an indicator. As a tuner from GT5:P I know very well that no 2 tracks can rarely ever use the same settings.;) Especially from GVS to the Ring, smooth to bumpy, flowing to technical.

Um, senamic....the SC300 was a turbo car (1JZ-GTE), there was no NA for it. ;) You're thinking more of the IS300 I'd say mate. 👍

Yeah sorry, IS300 (I haven't had coffee all day, son I am a bit slow right now. Hope this helps though

But the point is Paulie that I DO use the same settings for both tracks so the times are genuine.

Of course, I never said otherwise. You said yourself that one of the 2 or both could be better if you made the track dedicated tunes. BUT, since they're factory cars as you like to call them, they SHOULD have little compromises here and there, as they SHOULD be made to work at as many tracks as possible.

Lexus Altezza R

Power: 248Kw
Torque: 331.83Nm
Weight: 1340Kg
0-100km/h: 5.54sec
0-160km/h: 11.34sec
1/4 Mile: 13.499@176km/h
Top Speed: 294.05km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 2 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.8/8.0
Camber: 2.2/0.7
Toe Angle: 2/-3
Stabilisers: 4/4

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.500, Autoset 4, then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.900
2nd: 2.000
3rd: 1.525
4th: 1.225
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.825
Final: 4.100

LSD
Initial: 14
Acceleration: 18
Deceleration: 16

The Lexus IS200 range was an inspiration to the car world, bringing sophisticated looks and sporting ability with luxurious appointments, and of course those tail lights which have inspired a generation of aftermarket tail lights. The only problem was the engines, not supplying enough power for the chassis. Toyota tried to fix that by ripping out the sluggish six and putting a high revving 200hp 3S-GE motor in and calling it the Altezza but even that wasn’t enough. GME has fixed that with the Altezza R. Rebuilding the motor for forced induction, GME fitted a mid-range turbocharger on to make it a 3S-GTE producing just off 250Kw. I could’ve gone for Stage 3 NA but the result was 50k more in cost and the same characteristics as the turbo motor, not good for an NA motor. The chassis and driveline were tightened, bigger brakes and a new diff were fitted but everything else was left alone. It now performs as it should against similar competition, getting around GVS in 2.05’s and the ‘Ring in just under 7.40 but allowing the driver to have some fun, getting some serious high speed sideways action in the car if it’s provoked.

The Lexus Altezza R, sensual looks and now with serious power.

After I attend to business with another client (you actually) I'll be sure to give the Lexus a spin to see what you've done with it.

While I'm at it I'll have to ask why you choose to use racing brakes. Basically I want to bring up the debate for and against them once more.

Better braking of course. It's a necessity, especially with the power upgrades that are fitted to all the vehicles that come out of GME. :cool: Basically, it's no fun trying to get cars like the E55 Black to stop from 320km/h at Le Sarthe II with stock brakes. You end up going :eek: after hitting the brakes and noticing you're still heading for the wall very rapidly!! ;)

Others are done so it improves on already great handling (Celica GT-Two, Duetto, Hakosuka). My main issue is fitting BBC's to my factory cars, which I try to avoid at all costs but sometimes it's needed to kerb a braking issue I've found.

Yeah well that's why I was asking RJ. Scaff has evidence to suggest that they make little difference to braking distance but I however have felt a stability difference using racing brakes on an MR-2 before so I'm still not sure.

I'm of the belief that they will work on 95% of the cars in GT. Downforce improves the stopping distances even more but I've got evidence in testing for the RUF RGT3 that I was stopping a whole 50m sooner than I was without them. And the testing was at GVS where you're doing 260km/h+ coming towards the first right hand hairpin.

But I'll take those views on board with my next couple of cars to focus more on it's braking.

Mazda MX-5 RS-R

Power: 266Kw
Torque: 328.89Nm
Weight: 1080Kg
0-100km/h: 4.88sec
0-160km/h: 10.14sec
1/4 Mile: 12.891@184km/h
Top Speed: 300.24km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Stage 5 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.8/6.0
Camber: 2.7/0.0
Stabilisers: 3/4

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.500, Autoset 3, then ratios as follows:
1st: 2.800
2nd: 1.900
3rd: 1.425
4th: 1.125
5th: 0.925
6th: 0.760
Final: 3.909

LSD
Initial: 16
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 19

The Mazda MX5 (or Miata) is an icon in the motoring world, bringing back the roadster from the dead and reviving the wind in your hair feeling when driving. The world has cried out for many years for the MX5 to have more oomph in it. So we have obliged and by doing so have come out with this, the MX5 RS-R. Packing more than double the power that the factory provided to the public, if you launch it right from around 5500rpm, it will go to 100km/h in under 5sec, over a 1/4 mile in under 13seconds all the way to a 300km/h top speed, enough to chew up a RUF 3400S and spit it out for breakfast. But like all MX5’s, we’ve made sure this one handles to standard. A fully beefed up suspension, driveline and brakes accommodate the package to allow her to turn, stop and accelerate well. Around GVS, it returned a stout 2.02 and will reward the brave driver with a sub-7.30 at the ‘ring.

The MX5 RS-R, the ultimate expression of the Miata.

Mazda MX-5 SP

Power: 158Kw
Torque: 233.83Nm
Weight: 1080Kg
0-100km/h: 6.66sec
0-160km/h: 14.82sec
1/4 Mile: 14.556@158km/h
Top Speed: 245.79km/h

PARTS TO BUY
Sports Exhaust
Stage 1 Turbocharger
Oil Change
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
S3 Tyres

SETTINGS
Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.8/6.0
Camber: 2.7/0.0
Stabilisers: 3/4

Gearbox
First set final ratio to 5.500, Autoset 1, then ratios as follows:
1st: 3.000
2nd: 2.050
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.225
5th: 0.990
6th: 0.815
Final: 4.400

LSD
Initial: 16
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 19

The Mazda MX-5 (or Miata) is an icon in the motoring world, bringing back the roadster from the dead and reviving the wind in your hair feeling when driving. The world has cried out for many years for the MX-5 to have more oomph in it. This is GME’s replication of the MX-5 SP (Special Performance) which was released here in Australia by the Mazda motorsport team headed by Allan Horsley, also responsible for creating the 911 demolishing RX-7 SP in the 12hr enduros. The power is the same at 158Kw and the performance is too, getting 0-100’s in the 6’s, 1/4’s in the 14’s and a nice factory drive allround thanks to the RS-R spec suspension settings. Taken to the Nurburgring for timing, it pulled off an astounding 8.04, and then it went to GVS where it got a 2.11 and demolished an M3 CSL around the circuit in the process.

The GME MX-5 SP, factory performance has never been so affordable.

Looks great Mafs ,
how about a new drag tune in the pre -84 category?

MadMax

Already on the agenda....but let's see what's on Mafs' plate at the moment:

1. Assisting fellow tuner right now with some work on a new car for him, sort of a tuning alliance type of thing.
2. Compilation of new GME tunes to bring total in road & race divisions to 40+.
3. Assisting the GT4 Tuners Group to bring our secret weapon out (a drivable 850hp+ car on S3's....I won't mention what yet).
4. Improving on fastest GT4 GT-R in the world (7.335 so far) and trying to get a 6 in the Escudo, or failing that beat I-Runner's record of 7.081.

The old Skyline's you suggest. I'll do 1 better. I'll get Hakosuka out (my KGPC10 GT-R), fit R5's, nitrous......no other mods and get you a time. 👍 I was already considering this path for the GT500's as a drag tune.

Stay tuned for those results. :cool:

Last edited:
Back