GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
DANGIT I WANT THIS DEMO SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! It sounds great, thanks, you are officially my favorite person from Croatia. GT3 now looks and sounds like a joke to me, everytime I play it, I know GT4 is going to be amazing. If PD doesn't give the USA a demo, I will be angry. But I will never be able to hate PD. I will all go away once I have GT4.

J.J.Snake
Hey, look at it this way. if NA never gets a demo, the full game will be SO MUCH sweeter when it comes out. :cheers:
I guess, BUT I DONT WANT TO WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! When GT4 comes out, I will be in school again and prolly wont have much time to play it! CRAP!!!!

Majarvis
So can anyone else confirm that a simple swap disc would enable someone to play this on a North American PS2?
You would also need a way to watch the PAL output. Most TV's in the US only can show 60Hz NTSC and not 50Hz PAL video. I use the S-video in on my TV-tuner on my PC to play PAL imports since it can switch between PAL and NTSC with a click of a button.

I'm dying to know what else is on the disc, in terms of hackable stuff. Anyone care to take a look-see? Imagine if the disc turns out to be a locked down copy of the E3 demo, with 250+ cars hidden on it...

Wow!!! If anyone who has this BMW demo disc can get some high-res video of Nurburgring or any of the new tracks and get it to me, I would be forever grateful! :) Complete laps would be awesome. :cool:

Sven
I pray to God that this, or something like it gets released in the US. I'm sick and tired of Sony and PD shafting the American audience.

Although I know exactly what you mean, Sven, I doubt PD/SONY will have much say over the distribution of this demo. It is marketing, not a game demo, just like the Toyota demo released in the U.S. only.

Three months' wait still to go.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Here are the pics. Sorry for the bad quality - it is just an mobile phone camera.

You'll notice it is only a Nurb, CVapri an NY comparasion comes soon.

Have to see can I do something about the vids.

Here are the pics:

Disc and a box

Attachments

• Image(04).gif
    Image(04).gif
    44.1 KB · Views: 464
Screen from the intro movie, and some screens from the "chooserz". Notice the languages list.

Attachments

• Image(27).gif
    Image(27).gif
    38.1 KB · Views: 383
  • Image(28).gif
    Image(28).gif
    45.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Image(29).gif
    Image(29).gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 349
Car selection screens. The tyre types can be seen, toghether with the "racing" ones. Still have to manage how to unlock it. Last one, the track selection screen.

Attachments

• Image(31).gif
    Image(31).gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Image(33).gif
    Image(33).gif
    56.7 KB · Views: 329
  • Image(30).gif
    Image(30).gif
    42.3 KB · Views: 419
First bridge on first pic, on second you can see (you can't cause the pic is s**t, but you can imagine) the details in rear view mirror, and on third is a nice lodge you can find by the road. Guess some track workers use it to rest with the girls during the race.

Attachments

• Image(40).gif
    Image(40).gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 434
  • Image(34).gif
    Image(34).gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Image(39).gif
    Image(39).gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 388
Some track details: first pic - there is sign by the road to watch out for the motorcyclers. Second pic - crossroad for the inhabitans of the track. Have to see will the final code bring the 3D people walking over the crossrad during the race. Third one - no parking sign. I have parked. No police though.

Attachments

• Image(41).gif
    Image(41).gif
    54.9 KB · Views: 324
  • Image(47).gif
    Image(47).gif
    58.7 KB · Views: 339
  • Image(38).gif
    Image(38).gif
    83 KB · Views: 434
Nice signs on the main straight: first one - speeding limit of 130 km/h, made 200, still no cops. Second one even more funnier - 60 km/h speed limit and "no overtaking" sign. On main straight. Even if those signs really exist there in real life, PD has a great sense for humour.

Attachments

• Image(50).gif
    Image(50).gif
    56.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Image(49).gif
    Image(49).gif
    57.2 KB · Views: 285
Now some NurbRaceFanArt from the road. On the whole Ring there are hundreds of different drawings, but PD made a great job with this because - as for now, though, there are no advertising signs all around the track as on other tracks in the game - they found a way to advertise manufactorers without actually advertising them. Something for Mercedes, BMW and Opel fans.

Attachments

• Image(43).gif
    Image(43).gif
    79.6 KB · Views: 331
  • Image(44).gif
    Image(44).gif
    72.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Image(42).gif
    Image(42).gif
    63.9 KB · Views: 310
Thanks for sharing these pictures, it will only be afew hours until these pictures have walked all over the internet! Otherwise you must be one of, if not the luckiest guy on earth at the moment!

Jaguar fans made this big sign on small Carousel. Second picture is from the big Carousel, while third picture is something probably internal joke for PD: writing on the road says "Takashi Oni! Don't drink too much!"

Attachments

• Image(48).gif
    Image(48).gif
    58.7 KB · Views: 674
  • Image(45).gif
    Image(45).gif
    68.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Image(46).gif
    Image(46).gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 325
amar212
while third picture is something probably internal joke for PD: writing on the road says "Takashi Oni! Don't drink too much!"

LOL I hope they have more easter eggs like that in GT4

First is a picture from old Flaman artist titled "Standing in the field of drawings in German hills". Second one is something for the Audi fans.

Attachments

• Image(36).gif
    Image(36).gif
    59.9 KB · Views: 413
  • Image(37).gif
    Image(37).gif
    76 KB · Views: 384
Those are intresting - they are showing the box area in which, unfortunately, you can't drive in. Also, the whole track has like 5 or 6 parking zones which can't be entered as for time now.

Attachments

• Image(51).gif
    Image(51).gif
    54.4 KB · Views: 356
  • Image(52).gif
    Image(52).gif
    55.3 KB · Views: 327
And finally, real treat - in the very end of the lap, on your left side suddenly apperas its majesty - Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit. Even the fence is opened in one spot, you can't go inside, but the level of details is amazing. This could be a real treat in final game, but it is just a big, big wish. Driving on both Nurbs would be a nice touch, no doubt.

This is all for now. Stay tuned for some more pics, hope better quality.

Attachments

• Image(02).gif
    Image(02).gif
    51.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Image(53).gif
    Image(53).gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 393
It's awesome that the member from Croatia got this demo first:Great work Amar and I hope that I could play that demo sometime.We are from Croatia after all!

Man, that looks just awesome! Great job amar212!

What about driving an F1 car on the Nurburgring Grand Prix course? Now that would be amazing if it will happen!

Wow. Finaly something new. Hey and they will have to include both Nurbs. If the effort they have put into the GP scenery has anything to do with it.

L8tr

Well I’ve just sent an email to my local BMW dealership (Sytner) inquiring about the new demo. I’ll post the reply if I get one.

*fingers crossed they send me one with a brochure*

Back