GT4 BMW Series 1 Virtual Drive is OUT!!!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 1,104 comments
nothing to say about create a iso image, no? (sorry if this is ilegal, i don't know if bmw is going to sell it đź’ˇ but i can't wait :) i'm bitting my nails, you know. :)

Theres nothing about the demo on the BMW UK site........ :( I really hope you can get it here too........I wana see the new graphics engine!!

If they do release it I bet they wont be to pleased with people going to the dealerships just to get the demo!

I'm likin the chalk writing on the track! đź‘Ť

Robin

Bit off topic.............but I'm suprised no one posted the pics of Las Vegas (look offical) from that link posted by tripleplay (courtesy of Hajaz).....There small, but sweet..... :eek: :eek:

Its gonna be another amazing street night track! :D

Thanks to all conserned for the link and the pictures.....

Robin

Attachments

• Its Las Vegas Baby!.jpg
    Its Las Vegas Baby!.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Its Las Vegas Baby 2.jpg
    Its Las Vegas Baby 2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Its Las Vegas Baby! 3.jpg
    Its Las Vegas Baby! 3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 109
I am once again knocked off my feet by PD. Thanks a bunch amar, I will mention you and this in my column on IGN for this week. Drag racing, Nurburgring, and the Nurburgring F1 circuit (which I expected as soon as I heard about the Ring in GT, after all it's a great track and they were there anyway, don't have to travel all your equipment and people there and you have to model part of it anyway for the Ring - in short, a bargain :D)

As far as the speed and no parking signs go, don't forget that the Nurburgring is actually mostly a regular road, that is sometimes closed off and used as a racing track.

Arwin
As far as the speed and no parking signs go, don't forget that the Nurburgring is actually mostly a regular road, that is sometimes closed off and used as a racing track.

Arwin, guess you could presume I know that, right? No offense here, but these sounded to me like a little "from above" which I did not like.

I'm frankly amased with the level of detail they've achieved, and that is the only reson I've pointed it out. But nevermind. And yes - vote Kerry. :)

You'll see more on some new pics.

amar212
Arwin, guess you could presume I know that, right? No offense here, but these sounded to me like a little "from above" which I did not like.

I'm frankly amased with the level of detail they've achieved, and that is the only reson I've pointed it out. But nevermind. And yes - vote Kerry. :)

You'll see more on some new pics.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it come across like that. You came with the remark about PD having a sense of humor in the context of those signs, and so I felt compelled to mention this. I mean, you know they don't really have a sense of humor, they're Japanese after all. :D (to all Japanese readers, just kidding ... !). Although then again, that don't drink too much comment seems to prove otherwise!

I just responded assuming that even if you knew, not everyone else here does I'm sure. I myself didn't, until only a few months ago.

As for the vote, wrong passport ... :D

Hey amar, congratulations đź‘Ť nice work.
I would like to be sure about one thing though: you said "There are no effects of fire or sparkles.". Did you assume this on your own playing experience? I say this because I think it would be hard to see any flames or sparks with a stock BMW S1. Flames cause it has a stock engine/exaust system, sparks because the cars' ride height is not low engouh.
I still hope to see flames and sparks in the final version. I believe the PS2 could handle it.

Tekk
Hey amar, congratulations đź‘Ť nice work.
I would like to be sure about one thing though: you said "There are no effects of fire or sparkles.". Did you assume this on your own playing experience? I say this because I think it would be hard to see any flames or sparks with a stock BMW S1. Flames cause it has a stock engine/exaust system, sparks because the cars' ride height is not low engouh.
I still hope to see flames and sparks in the final version. I believe the PS2 could handle it.

Sparks are in check pic (not the best spark pic but you can see whats left of them)

Attachments

• 275.jpeg
    275.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 266
the ring is not what i would call a regular road...it is a dedicated race track which is opened for the public as a one-way toll-road that does not bring you anywere. ;)
but during these so called "tourist drives" the german traffic law (STVO) actually applies to everyone driving on the track.
due to lots of horrible accidents (about 1 person dies on the ring each week!), the nĂĽrburgring gmbh, which runs the track, and the german police startet to cooperate and the police even sometimes set up temporarily speed traps on parts of the track that really have a speed limit (which of course no one obeys).
some people were greatly surprised when they found themselves fined for driving to fast on a "race track".

and those parking areas are, except for the one on the loooong döttinger höhe straight which is indeed a parking area because there is the entrance to the ring, mostly entrances for service vehicles and ambulances or intersections to the so called "steilstrecke" (steep-track), a part of the track that is no longer in use.

and there is no zebra crossing on the track for the inhabitants. ;)

there are a fews little villages and the nĂĽrburg castle itself located inside the ring which can be accessed by various bridges and underpassings around the track.

Amar you rock! :cheers: excellent work... and great writing in the review... you can tell you're a pro.

Cannot wait for GT... this is going to be absolutely insane! Forza what?!?!?

ok just done some research on this and according to my local dealer and the BMW GB head office the know sweet FA about this so im now on my uncles BMW munich contact list

Maybe its top secret.......even the BMW staff don't know this disk exsists!!! :odd:

...also the net has nothing about this on it...........hmmmmmmm

ANSWER: Amar's working underground to get GTPlanet the most up to date info! :lol: :lol:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU amar212!!!!! đź‘Ť :cool: :crazy:

Have you any info on when the BMW demo will be at the dealers???
Great review, the detail is insane on The Nordschleife.

PD and KY:tup: :bowdown:

GT4 is gonna rock our world!!!!!!!

Back